Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Minecraft
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 11, 2011, 12:14:55 PM
Giratina

Default Texture Pack - Defined

Defined

Have you ever thought to yourself "Gee, Minecraft looks a bit flat and bland, I wish it would have some subtle depth to it!"? Well think no more! With the Defined texture pack every block is given a little bit more depth to make them look just that bit better! At first glance they may look just like the default textures, but on closer inspection they're quite a bit different... Don't believe me? Have some screenshots:

Spoiler Alert:    

Refreshing Landscapes!

A new look for your crops!

Add charm to your villages!

Beautiful Strongholds!

Deeper ores!

Mobs!

Armour!

GUIs!

Downloads!

Download the 64x texture pack here (Best quality): http://adf.ly/3vP9h
Download the 32x texture pack here (faster): http://adf.ly/3vPAu

Installation
1. Download the version of the texture pack you want above

2. Place the .zip into your Minecraft's texture pack folder

3. You MUST Download MCPatcher and patch your Minecraft for HD Textures. As an alternative, you can also use Optifine which, on top of being an amazing mod, supports HD textures!

NOTE: If you do NOT patch your Minecraft, you will see fire in the grass and water/lava in the Redstone Ore. Compasses and Clocks won't work either, so patching it is a MUST.

4. Load up Minecraft, and in the Texture Pack menu select "Defined.zip" or "Defined32.zip"

5. Enjoy!

Mods:
If you would like me to re-texture a mod, please leave a suggestion in this thread! I'll be doing them on a first-come, first served basis (Unless there's high demand for a particular mod):
PremiumWood - In Progress
RedPower - Not Started
Randomite - Not Started
More Creeps and Weirdos - Not Started

A note on 'Traditional Beauty':
Spoiler Alert:    
It has come to my attention that a few people believe this to be a copy of 'Traditional Beauty', another variation of the default textures to make them look nicer. I must inform you that this is /not/ a copy of that, and although they are similar they each have differences. Here are a couple of comparison pictures:

And here's a quote from BlowJoe (The creater of Traditional Beauty) if you're still not convinced
[quote name='BlowJoe' timestamp='1322344942' post='10576285']
Hey,
i just got here beacuse one of my TP users said that my (Traditional Beauty) and your Pack are looking pretty much the same. I have to say, no they aren't looking the same. Yes it is the same effect but the way to achieve this effect is in both TP an other. I realy like this pack and don't want that any of my users are comeing here and flameing it.

A *thumbs up* for this TP!
[/quote]
Choose whichever pack you will, but please try not to comment on this factor (:

If you're amazingly generous (Or want to get rid of some of your money :3), you can donate! Any donors will get their username/name on the Mojang splash screen!
Click here to donate!

A huge thanks to PaperBatVG for using this and giving it a massive boost in views and downloads!

Finally, here's an amazing trailer for this texture pack, made by Pashow:

Last edited by Ningamer; December 2, 2011 at 07:03:24 AM.