Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 17, 2013, 05:10:29 PM
Zoroark

Default Mega evolution ideas

So even though X and Y are out and all of the mega evolutions have been uncovered, who's to say that's all of them? I think there will be other mega evos introduced in the later Gen 6 games, especially since there was this huge list of mega evolutions that apparently the hackers made (maybe they were hidden in the code like alternate forms for Pokémon that they received in later games?). That was probably fake, but I still hope there are more megas to come. One mega evolution I'd love to see is Mega Serperior, GRass/Dragon with Contrary.
Old December 17, 2013, 06:15:47 PM
Keldeo

Would totally love to see a Mega Dragonite if not just to have an item named "Dragonitite."

Expecting to see a Mega Swampert and Sceptile and maybe some other starters too, for a balance of power.

If they've done Tyranitar and Garchomp, the rest of the pseudo-legendaries in Mega form could be interesting. Especially Metagross, I think.

Oh, and a Mega that's, you know, actually from Kalos would be welcome too.
Old December 17, 2013, 07:15:21 PM
Administrator

Still hoping for my Typhlosionite.

Zororite probably won't have a use thanks to Zoroark's cover being blown by its usage. Of course, you would have to save its usage for after the opponent knows it's a Zoroark. Even then, Focus Sash, Life Orb, or a Choice item would probably be preferable.

Other interesting considerations including Lugianite, Meinfite, Torterrite, and Linoonite.
Old December 17, 2013, 07:49:51 PM
Giratina

I approve of Torterrite, since Turtwigite can't exist :c

I actually had designs planned for some of the weaker Pokémon. Mega Castform, Mega Celebi, Mega Breloom, and Mega Florges (It's the evolution of my favorite Kalos Pokémon~)
Old December 17, 2013, 08:01:20 PM
Rayquaza

Meh Mega Evolutions have been a pretty big disappointment in my opinion, they really should have just given then regular evolutions or at least Pokedex entires!

That and Mega Evolutions are supposed to be exclusive to Kalos so don't expect any new one in a RS Remake or Gen VII although they'll more then likely retcon that fact.
Old December 17, 2013, 09:16:16 PM
Kyurem

Be cool to see Mega Raichu/Pikachu, or Mega eevee evolutions.
Old December 17, 2013, 09:24:17 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
That and Mega Evolutions are supposed to be exclusive to Kalos so don't expect any new one in a RS Remake or Gen VII although they'll more then likely retcon that fact.
Pretty sure they're going to want to exploit Megas for as much as they can, so I'd be surprised if they don't come back after X, Y and a highly likely Z.

I mean, weren't the Mega Charizard basically the unofficial mascots of the games pre-release?
Old December 17, 2013, 10:29:21 PM
Kyurem

Mega Jynx with Snow Warning would surely teach Electabuzz and Magmar a lesson. I mean, where do they get off getting evolutions without Jynx? Besides that, a Water/Dragon Mega Milotic would be a lot of fun, along with Mega Cofagrigus, Alomomola, and Hawlucha. What a shame that Pokemon from Unova and Kalos didn't receive Megas. :(
Old December 20, 2013, 03:17:34 PM
Regigigas

I've got beef with the distribution they did on some of the current Mega Evolutions. Why did they give Gardevoir and Attack boost? *rolls eyes*

Anyways, Mega Evolve all the starters! And Mega Stunfisk!!
Old December 21, 2013, 04:34:58 PM
Zoroark

Quote:

That and Mega Evolutions are supposed to be exclusive to Kalos
Not necessarily. True, it might've been discovered there, but Pokémon Origins takes place in Kanto and apparently mega stones have made it over there.
Old December 21, 2013, 05:28:03 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
Pokémon Origins takes place in Kanto and apparently mega stones have made it over there.
Which was supposed to be an ad for XY.
Old December 22, 2013, 01:08:03 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Which was supposed to be an ad for XY.
Just that scene with Charizard. I wouldn't say the entire series was just to lead up to the return of selecting a Kanto starter whom all now Mega Evolve. D:
Old February 24, 2014, 05:16:34 PM
Keldeo

Bumping this thread a wee bit because I feel like posting a list of Pokémon who should have gotten a Mega.

Wall of text.    

10. Dragonite
An item named Dragoniteite. We need. Nao.

9. Regigigas
They gave one Legendary a Mega, and Mewtwo is one that barely could claim to need it. Meanwhile, Regigigas still sits in the "only use me if you're either really good or a really big troll" tier. Keep the Slow Start, just do . . . something . . . to make using the Regi master at least a little usable.

8. Chandelure
It's not like Chandelure needs a buff in anything at all, I'm just imagining how cool it would look if you took a haunted chandelier and Mega-fied it. Plus it's about time to get some cultural diversity in this Mega list, hmm?

7. Tropius
There's a decently decent Tropius set of Harvest + Sitrus Berry, but other than that it,s not the most fantastic thing in the world and it's kind of a one-trick pony. What if it got a boost to Special Attack, so it could fire Leaf Storms and whatnot left and right while eating up the Sitrus Berry, or taking a more offensive route with Chlorophyll or even Solar Power + Solar Beam.

6. Zoroark
The biggest troll in the game could be an even bigger troll if it didn't have such paper-thin defense or slightly better offense.

5. Hawlucha
Flying/Fighting is an interesting type, and it has some really good moves plus Hone Claws and/or Swords Dance. And, once again, what would this thing look like Mega-fied?

4. Ludicolo
Once again, something that has pretty good typing, two decent abilities and the ability to hit decently hard or to stall stuff out next to forever. And as always, a giant dancing pineapple would look awesome.

3. Smeargle
It can learn any move, but it's virtually restricted to status-infliction only because of its horrible offenses. I'd love to have access to a Smeargle with, say, Coil, Drain Punch, Earthquake and Stone Edge as well as the ability to use it. And at least give us a chance to get rid of the bloody useless ability.

2. Meganium
It's probably the least useful of the starters because of its typing and lack of any single amazing stat. It has the moves to be a really good lead, with Screens (even without the Light Clay) and Leech Seed and Giga Drain and everything. A ten or fifteen point buff to its defensive base stats and it could be amazing.

1. Shuckle
Shuckle is just one of the many Pokémon who could be so much better if it'd gotten a boost to just one stat. It could be the most annoying thing on any given sand team, a status absorber, a pseudo-Wobbuffet, a wallbreaker, a sweep stopper, etc., etc. if only it had a little bit more HP. Come on, Game Freak. You know you want to.
Old March 1, 2014, 10:12:22 PM
Regigigas

^ Give Meganium Thick Fat and we're good.

Sweet, a list!

1. Altaria: I think giving it a pretty weird typing like Dragon/Fairy would be pretty cool. With defense and offense boosts, this thing could be pretty interesting. I'd stick with Natural Cure here. If not, Cloud Nine is fine. Just not as handy.

2. Mightyena: Oooh, man! I'd love to see a Mega design for this hyena! Simple, just make it more menacing looking! Keep Moxie!

3. Linoone: I don't have any ideas on how it could look, but if Mightyena gets a Mega, it's fair to give Linoone one.

4. Girafarig: I'm actually developing ideas revolving Girafarig, so I'll kinda give an insider here. Give it it's original concept of having a full grown counter-part as it's other half. Atk., Def., Sp. Atk., Sp. Def., and Speed distribution.

5. Salamence: I've heard talks that Salamence is becoming less effective due to Charizard X. I haven't thought of it much, but keeping Moxie and giving it higher stats will probably leave Charizard X in the dust or in the Will-o-Wisp set.
Old March 2, 2014, 07:37:56 PM
Regigigas

I think there should be a dark water mega feraligatr with strong jaw so I can use him in ou
Old March 2, 2014, 07:47:03 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
Salamence
Quote:
keeping Moxie
Quote:
giving it higher stats
* cringes *

Here's another one: how 'bout a Mega Wobbuffet that gains, idk, partial Fairy typing and somewhat better defenses and/or HP but no moves or ability change or anything?
Old March 4, 2014, 06:43:31 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
* cringes *

Here's another one: how 'bout a Mega Wobbuffet that gains, idk, partial Fairy typing and somewhat better defenses and/or HP but no moves or ability change or anything?
I don't know how to take the cringe, lol. Bad? I don't see why it would be broken given that Mega-Garchomp is waaaay OP in the sandstorm. Ice Shard keeps most of these guys under control, anyways. Given that Mega-Salamence's speed is dropped, then that's fair game. I guess. Dragon Dance, though... Same could be said about Dragonite, though. What keeps these guys in check is lack* of priority (except Dragonite, of course). They would need to set up in some way. I don't know if I'd run DD of a Mega-Salamence, btw.

Wouldn't that just make Lefties Wobbuffet better?

Dunsparce, anyone?

Last edited by Sub-zero; March 5, 2014 at 02:38:05 PM.
Old March 4, 2014, 07:46:05 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
I don't know how to take the cringe, lol. Bad? I don't see why it would be broken given that Mega-Garchomp is waaaay OP in the sandstorm. Ice Shard keeps most of these guys under control, anyways. Given that Mega-Salamence's speed is dropped, then that's fair game. I guess. Dragon Dance, though... Same could be said about Dragonite, though. What keeps these guys in check is lake of priority (except Dragonite, of course). They would need to set up in some way. I don't know if I'd run DD of a Mega-Salamence, btw.
Admittedly Salamance doesn't have the most spectacular defenses in the world (95/80/80) and if the typical Mega pattern of mainly amplifying already high stats follows that probably won't turn into a problem with the power that already exists in OU and Uber. But after a Dragon Dance, something of Salamance-caliber attack and movepool can already be somewhat of a headache to deal with, Mega or not.

Also, wouldn't Mega Dunsparce ruin the running joke?
Old March 5, 2014, 02:37:07 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Admittedly Salamance doesn't have the most spectacular defenses in the world (95/80/80) and if the typical Mega pattern of mainly amplifying already high stats follows that probably won't turn into a problem with the power that already exists in OU and Uber. But after a Dragon Dance, something of Salamance-caliber attack and movepool can already be somewhat of a headache to deal with, Mega or not.

Also, wouldn't Mega Dunsparce ruin the running joke?
I guess so, but I can't take on you too serious since you're in favor of a Dragonite Mega, which falls into the same category with Mence, except Dragonite has priority and better defenses. In order for Dragons to be REALLY stopped by any Fairy type, that Fairy type Pokemon would need to have good defenses on both ends. Charizard X outclasses Salamence atm, btw. The only thing Salamence has in favor is Hydro Pump and it's Sp. Attack isn't even higher than Charizard X's.

NO! Give Dunsparce DD, higher stats and keep Serene Grace.

Edit: On a serious note, why not Flygon? Its stats are its main hindrance.

Last edited by Sub-zero; March 5, 2014 at 02:49:05 PM.
Old March 5, 2014, 03:53:57 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
[B][COLOR="Blue"]I can't take on you too serious since you're in favor of a Dragonite Mega, which falls into the same category with Mence, except Dragonite has priority and better defenses
I can't argue with that, given how badly I want to see an item named Dragoniteite.

Now that you mention DD Dunsparce, I'm imagining the memes of Magikarp that say "when i evolve"

Except these feature Dunsparce and are a dozen times worse x)
Old March 9, 2014, 04:48:13 AM
Rayquaza

So I came up with ideas for the starters.

Mega Meganium
Ability: Flower Gift
HP: 120
AT: 82
DF: 130
SA:103
SD: 130
SP: 80

Mega Typhlosion
Ability: White Smoke
HP: 83
AT: 84
DF: 88
SA: 144
SD: 95
SP: 135

Mega Feraligatr
Ability: Strong Jaw
HP: 100
AT: 160
DF: 100
SA: 79
SD: 98
SP: 103

Mega Sceptile
Grass/Dragon
Ability: Tough Claw or Protean
HP: 80
AT: 115
DF: 65
SA: 135
SD: 85
SP: 150

Mega Swampert
Ability: Sap Sipper
HP: 145
AT: 115
DF: 120
SA: 85
SD: 120
SP: 60

Mega Torterra
Ability: Shell Armor
HP: 110
AT: 139
DF: 135
SA: 75
SD: 110
SP: 56

Mega Infernape
Ability: Moxie
HP: 76
AT: 134
DF: 71
SA: 139
SD: 71
SP: 143

Mega Empoleon
Ability: Drizzle
HP: 99
AT: 96
DF: 103
SA: 151
SD: 131
SP: 60

Last edited by Magmaster12; March 11, 2014 at 06:47:50 PM.
Old March 9, 2014, 07:01:27 AM
Floatzel

MegaMew. Better ability (not sure what though), and maybe give it something like Arceus's stat distribution. Or you can forsake versatility for effect and make it like a defensive counterpart to MegaMewtwo.

MegaShuckle. Maybe stay like a Shuckle and boost HP, but I'd love the irony of a MegaShuckle that switches its base defenses for attack and speed.

MegaShedinja. Wonder Guard, solid Ghost or maybe Ghost/Dark (the spirit in the shell escapes, although only being weak to Fairy might be a balance issue if it has HP), decent stat distribution (a hundred or two max HP, great Attack and Speed. Make it a frail but effective set-up sweeper or something.

As an alternative, MegaSpiritomb with Wonder Guard. Still weak to Fairy and Status.

MegaDusknoir. Ghost/Dark. Offensive. I loved his flavor (Pokémon's Grim Reaper) but he isn't good at his job. He needs to gather the souls of the slain.

MegaArceus. Omnitype: This pokémon is treated as having all types. Universal STAB. Judgement would also adapt to Omnitype.

MegaEeveelutions.

MegaBlissey. Fairy/Normal or just Fairy. Buff Defense the most, then Special Attack and HP. Give her Nasty Plot.

MegaClefable. She's the original Fairy, she deserves it.

MegaMilotic. Water/Fairy to counter MegaGyarados' Water/Dark.

Why did MegaGardevoir get an attack boost instead of a defense boost? What, too overpowered? As it is, she gets OHKO'd or 2HKO'd by almost any physical move. She doesn't wall anything well, and other Megas are better for sweeping.

Last edited by Tarellethiel; March 9, 2014 at 07:02:26 AM.
Old March 9, 2014, 08:16:06 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarellethiel View Post
MegaArceus. Omnitype: This pokémon is treated as having all types. Universal STAB. Judgement would also adapt to Omnitype.
How does damage taken get calculated?

And because I can.

Mega Dragonite
Ability: Multiscale
HP: 115
AT: 180
DF: 110
SA: 120
SD: 110
SP: 65
Old March 9, 2014, 09:55:47 AM
Mudkip

(Credit to Pokeluka @ Deviantart)

This right here is what would make my gaming life complete. That would be so cool to see in the game! Cofagrigus isn't the best battler, but the design would be amazing!

Last edited by Manaphy72; March 9, 2014 at 09:56:46 AM.
Old March 10, 2014, 08:00:12 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
So I came up with ideas for the starters.

Mega Infernape
Ability: Moxie
HP: 76
AT: 134
DF: 71
SA: 139
SD: 71
SP: 143
I have to say that I love sweeping with Infernape, but this is just plain scary, outspeeding most things and going all out close combat is definetly something to watch out for.

Having a Mega Shuckle or Mega Salamance would be pretty nice. But, if you REALLY wanted to know one that deserves a Mega Evolution, I think Mega Staraptor with Gale Wings would be great to have. If it weren't for Close Combat, it'd be outclassed by Talonflame in just about every way possible.
Old March 10, 2014, 08:23:58 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard98 View Post
Mega Shuckle
Ability: Rough Skin
HP: 70
Attack: 2
Defense: 255
Special Attack: 2
Special Defense: 255
Speed: 2

: )
Old March 11, 2014, 04:30:20 PM
Regigigas

Hold on hold on. So I was thinking... I've always wondered what the idea of having an armored Salamence would look like and I think it'd be interesting for Game Freak to create just that type of design for a Mega Mence. However, to match the design, I'd like the stat spread to be more on the defensive side. I haven't come up with numbers yet.

Remove the Flying type. You may think this is a buff since Stealth Rocks won't hurt it and it loses weakness, but not. Spikes and Toxic Spikes still hurt it. The problem I see is its moves with Fly and Roost. I'm not sure what to do about the wings. D:

Edit: Thoughts? Ideas?

Last edited by Sub-zero; March 11, 2014 at 04:30:59 PM.
Old March 11, 2014, 04:33:41 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Remove the Flying type. You may think this is a buff since Stealth Rocks won't hurt it and it loses weakness, but not. Spikes and Toxic Spikes still hurt it. The problem I see is its moves with Fly and Roost. I'm not sure what to do about the wings. D:
Levitate exists . . . ?
Old March 11, 2014, 04:41:22 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Levitate exists . . . ?
On an armored Pokemon...? Come to think of it, Latios and Latias can learn Steel Wing, no? I guess Armored Mence could have a weird wing design like that or something. O.o
Old March 11, 2014, 06:46:05 PM
Rayquaza

Finishing what I started

Serperior
Ability: Contrary
HP 120
AT 75
DF 120
SA 75
SD 120
SP 118

Emboar