Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Also Flaffy is misspelled quite poorly.
Anime spelling: Flaafy
Your spelling: Flaffy
Actual spelling: Flaaffy
Old October 29, 2014, 06:59:23 PM
Rayquaza

I was trying to see if anyone would notice.
Old October 31, 2014, 02:14:37 PM
Rayquaza

Beg Barrow and Steal - Our episode starts off with what else, but our group lost in the dessert, this time there's a Trapinch. The group runs into a attractive lady #301 for Brock to flirt with and her clumsy potential love interest how original. Of course Team Rocket attack yet again. However in the process Trapinch freak out and cause the animation from a whole lot of trouble to be shown again with this time only Ash, Pikachu, Team Rocket and the characters of the day. However the rest of the group soon falls in as well and water floods in leading them to a lake were Pikachu conveniently is. The Trapinch gather at the lake and evolve and it's just in time for them to be capture by Team Rocket. Of course they get broken out and nothing about this episode is original.

2/5

Absol ute Disaster - Basically people in this town think the Absol in the town is leading to bridges braking in town because its the disaster pokemon even though they even state that's not how Absol works. Of course the town hired Absol hunters that are actually Team Rocket of course the group is totally okay with hunting pokemon and basically turn this into another plan to catch Pikachu. There's actually one kid who doesn't beileve because his brother caught an Absol but has since disappeared and is trying to disprove the town. They eventually find the kids brother, he could explain where he's been but it's a long story. It's revealed that he spent time trying to find out what causes Absol to show up, he cares that much but not enough to call once! Brock figures out the Absol is around because the town is about to flood. Everyones pokemon uses a move to move a boulder to prevent the flood it's quite overwhelming and now the day is saved! Of course Team Rocket then attacks but are defeated Absol and all s well. This episode was quite forgettable.

3/5

Let it snow let it snow let it snow runt - The group is going through a snowy area and there's going to be a blizzard soon. However a Snowrunt comes in and it steals Ash's badge case and of course he goes full on OS mode and freaks out going around the pokecenter looking for it, you'd think Ash would keep his badges better protected by now considering how often they've been stolen. We get a pretty funny Team Rocket moment in this episode while Snorunt is giving Ash his badges back one at a time. We also have it established Snorunt is a very strong pokemon and Ash runs out into a potential Blizzard. Like most capture episodes Ash now has to risk his life for the pokemon he just met. Once the blizzard ends Snorunt leads the group back to Ash and he still refuses to give Ash his badges back. However Team Rocket attacks and I imagine you already know where this is going. However Team rocket is slightly funnier in this episode but I'm still annoyed. It turns out Snorunt is refusing to give Ash's badges back because it wants to continue playing with Ash so Ash catches it.

3/5

Do I hear a Ralts? - Max hears a Ralts that is in bad that has a fever and Max wants ti take full responsibility for it. We get a funny Team Rocket moment where Jessie dresses up as Gardevior and Meowth as Kirhlia and James as Ralt's trainer so they can steal it. However Ralts is afraid and May brings out her PokeDex on Meowth not knowing what a Kirhlia is but it comes up as a meowth, pretty creative way of seeing through a trap. The group and Team rocket get into a full on battle with eachother while Ralts is getting weaker. While battling Max is tasked with the job of taking care of the Ralts. This is a good character moment for everyone, Ash is concerned about battling while still caring about Max, May clearly cares about Max's safety while Brock shows his clear mature concern for Ralts. However this leaves Max alone while Team rocket is after him, however Max is unable to do anything and brakes down. However Snowrunt comes and freezes the berries for Max so Max can put it on his head. Soon a Kirhlia and Gardevior appear before Max and he promises to take care of Ralts. I'm guessing the daddy Gardevior is somewhere. Max is left running by himself to the Pokecenter while crappy music plays. Soon the Ralts is all better by the morning. While Max is upset he knows he has to go back but before this happens we have an awesome moment where Max has Ralts use Psychic on Team Rocket. then the real Gardevior and Kirhlia return, while Max is upset he promises to return for it when he's older and a trainer. This episode is PERFECT. Episodes like this are why I started the marathon, wonderful character moments and even great animation, well for this shows standards I loved it.

5/5

The Great Eight Fate - All right the group has arrived in Sootoplis City to battle, er Juan? I feel like they were originally planning to use Wallace since Juan use Wallace's team and he doesn't have any of the personality of Juan from Emerald in fact he doesn't have much of personality to begin with, he doesn't even have a French accent! Juan is just a contest champion like Juan who moves his pokemom gracefully. The gym battle will be 5 vs 5 and start as a double battle. Ash has Pikachu use Thunderbolt but Juan has Seaking's horn drill adsorb with it's Horn Drill. HORN DRILL DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. Then sends it back yeesh Lightning rod doesn't even work that way. There's now a subplot of Juan dressing up as Juan. Pikachu manages to take out Juan Sealeo by surfing on Corphish however this fails because of Sealeo's Iceball but it manages to get knocked out. Ash moves onto the second round and it's Luvdisc vs Grovyle if looses I've lost all respect for the anime. Yeah they're seriously going onto a cliff hanger with a battle with a Luvdusc.

4/5

Eight Ain't Enough - Grovyle is now confused and ARE YOU KIDDING ME IT GET KNOCKEED OUT BY ONE WATER GUN A FREAKING LUVDISC WHAT!? There's no way this episode is getting higher then a three now. Corphish manages to take out Luvdisc, some how barely. Corphish is then easily taken out by Wiscash only to loose to Swellow. So now Ash has to battle Milotic, this battle is pretty good as Swellow takes hits until Ash is forced to send out Pikachu.The issue with this battle is that Milotic is able to use recover I can relate to this. Also there's a subplot of Team Rocket dealing Juan's fangirls. Ash has Pikachu use Thunder underwater, it's so powerful it could have killed it yeesh way for them to explain the science of that npw though. Now Ash has his final gym badge and May is off to get her final Ribbon.

3/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 31, 2014 at 06:01:15 PM.
Old November 3, 2014, 05:27:50 PM
Rayquaza

Show Down at Linnone - This is a really great. I like how this episode starts off with Ash determined to train for the League, it really shows how far he's come since the original series. However May's pokeballs get stolen, I like how she immediately blames Team Rocket, however they're in the distance and not responsible but happy they get the credit. Max notices pokemon footprints that lead to the character of the day whose Linoones stopped obeying him when he evolved and it loves stealing round things. I like how Ash compares this to his Charizard nice hearing a call back it makes a good job showing off character development. This leads to May looking for her pokeballs but instead finding a bunch of items from the games because of its ability pick up it's pretty awesome seeing in game items. Also the characters in this episode are incredibly memorable. Team Rocket then tries to kidnap Linoone but insterad ends up kidnapping Pikachu. Brock then points at that the reason Linoone stopped listening to the character of the day is because he stopped playing with it when it evoled. I'm really really happy with this because it avoids cliche without feeling forced. Seriously more fillers need to be like this one.

There 4 kids is now a better speller then me.

5/5

Who, What, Where, Whynaut? - The group runs into Drew who already has all five ribbons and it's revealed that May's next contest is the last one before the Grand Festival. May and Drew have a practice battle, I like how Ash acts as the referee for this one, something I don't think he'll ever do after this. However before they can have a full battle Team Rocket attacks. sucking up everyone. This leads the group ending up on a desert, Team Rocket are on there own but can't find Wobbuffet while The main group can't find May or Drew who find out they're on Mirage Island. Interesting they've incorporated it I've never even gotten it. Brock decides to find a river and head down its shore. Man this episode has so many contest shipping hints, it also shows off why I like the idea of the two as a couple I believe that if two character get along and also make each other better characters then it works. Drew wants May to be a smarter trainer but is completely unable to rela or enjoy the finer things something May has been adapted to since the very beginning keep in mind May only became a trainer so she could travel. May and Drew end up falling off a cliff but are saved by a bunch of Whynaut. Drew and May wait in the cave for the group. I really like how Drew is a part of this episode it's nice seeing a rival be used for something besides an obstacle and treated more like an actual character. We then get this random cut of Team Rocket out of the blue stealing all the Leichi berries on the island. Of the group is reunited and the day is saved thanks to the love of May and Drew the group and they all head to the next island minus Drew of course.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 3, 2014 at 05:57:00 PM.
Old November 4, 2014, 05:28:16 PM
Rayquaza

Date Expectations - While traveling to the next town the boat breaks down and the best chance May has to travel to the other side of the island to the ferry port to the next island. It's here they run into a Donphan. I like how Ash mentions Phanpy when he sees it, FORESHADOWING. They're all using roll out because it's mating season ew. In the process the group has to run away around the island from them. The bits with Team Rocket trying to capture these Donphans are pretty funny. One of the Donphan's is trying to attract a shiny Donphan I know I should be annoyed by how cliched this episode is but I seriously love Donphan it's one of my favorite pokemon. I like how concerned May is about missing the ferry while the establish she's trying to keep her cool while they make it clear she's actually freaking out. May and Ash get separated from Max and Brock and while Ash encourages May to go on the ferry May refuses. In a terrific moment we get a flashback where May's mother made May make a vow to always watch over Max. This moment is VERY important not only character development wise but also what's to come. This is why May is my favorite companion, even though she may fight and argue with Max she'd put the goal aside she spent the entire saga down the toilet for Max. The Shiny Donphan hooks up with the Donophan they've been following, fortunately Team Rocket shows up (yes fortunately I really didn't want to see Donphan mating) May who is is royally angry as Team Rcoket sends out all of her pokemon to attack Team Rocket and they get taken out easily. And while May no longer be in the Grand Festival at least she has strong pokemon. However Carlos manages to find the group and they're going to get there now and everything has worked out.

5/5

Mean With Envy - The return of the dreaded Jynx with purple skin! Of course I'm surprised purple people weren't offended by this new stereotype I mean this ruins the dignity of the Purple People in Italy in protest of the Prime Minister. Anyways the group has arrived at the island and Snorunt is still trying to master Ice Beam in the process attacking Team Rocket before they can attack for the second episode in a row. Team Rocket's been treated REALLY WELL lately. May meets her rivak who wants her and her "boyfriend" to tie for the contest. The rival owns a Jynx, you know I never realized how creepy it was. Of course because we can't have the contest start this early Team Rocket has to show up again for a full on attack. This pretty much just becomes into yet another Team Rocket battle where May shows off her battle skills. However during this battle Jessie comes up with idea to use Meowth in the contest. The female rival is kind of interesting but the male rival is incredibly bland, Meowth doesn't want to enter the contest but in a funny moment Meowth decides to after seeing a trainer with a Persian. I know they're trying to raise the tension by establishing many last minute coordinators are at this contest but that doesn't feel established when the rival is someone who doesn't even have one ribbon! Also Ash is outside not watching the contest so he can train Snowrunt Ice Beam. The appeals are yet again very rushed but May's appeal is pretty well thought out. Of course all the characters we've met have made it through appeals.

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 4, 2014 at 06:02:20 PM.
Old November 6, 2014, 05:28:18 PM
Rayquaza

Pacifldog Jam - Jesse cheats by having meowth switch out costumes by using transform into Sunflora and then a Kirhlia and then a Walelord bah haha that's pretty funny. Jessie is then disqualified for cheating this turns into another excuse for Team Rocket to attack. I like how May puts the rival back in her place in this episode for trying to get her caught up in her drama it's totally how girls usually act. May manages to beat the boy thanks to Skitty's assist. During the battle the girl realizes that because of the battle she realized she was letting her jealousy get the best of her, er right. The battle isn't very good May clearly relies on Skitty's assist too much how every it's pretty clear this all part of her plan to finally get a fire attack last minute, not a lot of this plan makes much sense. Oh well now it's time to have the Grand Festival!

4/5

Berry, Berry Interesting - The group goes to a town with a bunch of berries and Ash eats a Tomato Berry which gives him giant lips, pretty funny. Because the town has so many berries this gives a perfect chance for May to make more PokeBlocks. In this town is a wild Munchlax who easily my favorite pokemon that May owns. Brock is getting some weird Humphrey Bogart reference, I get the feeling I'm one of the ten people who watched this episode and got the reference. Also Ash is atill training Snorunt to use Ice Beam of course. May makes her own Pokeblock May's Purple Surprise and everyone's hate it in a very funny scene. The Munchlax then comes in and eats all of May's Pokeblocks. Also Jesse in disguise enjoys May's Pokeblock because hey it's a running gag. During the pokeblock taste test some pokeblock disappear (obviously because of Team Rocket) The Munchlax is actually accused of eating the pokeblock. May tries to battle Munchlax and fails since it's to tired and is very defensive. Of Team Rocket is then discovered and tries taking Pikachu and of course are defeated. May then tries to capture Munchlax by throwing a Pokeball it eats it but it gets activated and she catches it. Which is weird since the same thing happened last season with Wiscash and failed. I imagine they did this since they didn't know what movers Munchlax could learn at the time and we won't see it use any moves at all until the end of the season. Still a fun episode.

4/5

Less is Morrison - In this episode we meet Ash's league rival, Morrison he has the most annoying voice in all of the dub he's also a pretty annoying character to boot, being a really aggressive battler and also in personality. The battle between his Beldum and Ash's Pikachu ends in a tie. He then runs off after discovering the league is only two months away and has only seven badges. As soon as they arrive at the pokemon center Morrison wants to get there first and everything they do now turns into a competition it's pretty funny. Morrison even sleeps outside in a tree and of course Ash has to as well. Also this episode has been having a subplot with Munchlax eating everyones food it concludes with May getting the Pokeblock Oak fed Ash's Snorlax last season I love May's Munchlax so I can't complain. I love the rivalry between Ash and Morrison, it feels like a satire of how insane shonan characters are with there whole I don't care I'll do it anyways without giving up attitude to the point were they both break through steal and Ash even manages to lift Morrison's far butt off of a cliff. Of course Team Rocket attacks but they don't have any pokwemon but they manage to chase after them anyways, it's yet another showcase of Ash's personality which I love Ash should be more then just a pokemon trainer after all.

5/5

Ribbon Cup Caper - The ship the group is taking to the Grand Festival is very luxurious having a mall and a food court also a place for the group to leave there pokemon to play. Officer Jenny is looking for Broadie who is trying to steal the Grand Festival Cup because Team Magma has of course disbanded. Yeah that's no surprise at all despite how our main characters react. The cup is soon discovered to be a forgery and most likely replaced.Of course our group has to find the thief because these kids are certainly more value then actually officers. However trying to find someone who is a master of disguise is quite compelling. Now Broady is stealing all the Pokemon from the Pokemon Center however of course the captain is actually Broady. We then get a chase looking around for Broady however Broady is kind of a moron deciding to disguise as a person of power drawing attention. However Brock manages to save the day by falling in love with the real Jenny, it's a pretty clever ending. Also the group end up at the Grand Festival.

4.5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 6, 2014 at 07:06:42 PM.
Old November 7, 2014, 05:57:54 PM
Rayquaza

Hi Ho Silver Wind - It's time for the Grand Festival and May and Max's mom has journeyed to Slateport to see May. She even gets her own hotel room where it's revealed she's stayed in touch with all of her rivals. Over 247 trainers participate in GF and only 64 make it to the next round. Um are you kidding me? 247 is a lot and multiplied by five is 1235! And that's not counting people who missed festival, or couldn't even get all five ribbons. I don't even think Kyushu the region Hoenn is based off of has that many towns! May also runs into Drew and then Harley. Did this show really need to give us a full on butt shot of Harley? Harley tries to win back May's trust again of course. Drew is completely creeped out by Harley it's pretty funny. I like how May admits to him that her and Drew are barely friends. This episode has a great showcase of May's confidence and she's also stupid enough to start trusting Harley again. The group then uncovers James posing as Norman, yet again in order to steal pokemon. Such a good streak of using Team Rocket well ruined but at least it's quick. However this is time that really should have been spent on the preliminaries which are incredibly rushed at the end of the episode. Of course May is able to get through to the next round and decides to go with using silver wind for the entire GF, this plan just screams stupid.

4/5

Deceit and Assist - Harley goes into full on berserk mode with May training acting very crazy while Drew is oddly jealous. We also get a subplot of a character getting his trainer id and ribbons stolen. Also the judges of the contest are the usual ones plus three nurse Joys at once! How creepy is that!? Apparently there's now a second round of appeals I didn't know that. Team Rocket is then discovered by Anthony and Team Rocket has to quickly get away since clearly they can't be arrested. Skitty's appeal consists of only assist which goes nowhere until May goes against Harley's advice and decides to use Double Slap and then Blizzard. Drew confronts May that this was Harley's plan all along it's a great moment between May and Drew. With all the nice rivals we've had it's great seeing rival live up to potential of just being flat out evil and manipulative. Drew tells May to stop listening to other people and to put her trust in her own Pokemon, this also really good moment and terrific set up for what's to come much later on. Drew then manages to get a perfect score for his appeal. Robert from May's first contest also gets a perfect score while everyone else does as well. And wouldn't you know it May has to fight Harley again it's going to be Bulbasaur and Beautifly against Cacturne and Baynette.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 7, 2014 at 06:02:27 PM.
Old November 10, 2014, 05:20:46 PM
Rayquaza

Rhapsody in Drew - May's Bulbasaur and Beatifly defeat Harley quite easily, showing off what a great coordinator she is and that she might stand a chance. Jesse tries to steal Robert's (the guy who beat Drew in May's first contest) but Ash comes by to stop Team Rocket and in the process Snorunt evolves into Glalie master ice beam in the process and defeating Team Rocket. May narrowly beats Anthony to move on to the final eight and now has to fight Drew. This time it is Skitty and Combusken against Flygon and Roselia. While the battle is filled with suspense and May manages to keep an upper hand briefly it's pretty clear she's done a terrific job. The audience even cheers for May at the end for some reason. Drew ends up in the finals but ends up easily loosing to Robert quite easily. During the after party May parts with Drew on the beach and of course her mom is a contestshipper and May decides she won't quit until she's the top coordinator while it's now time for the Hoenn League!

5/5

Island Time - May wins a contest for four airline tickets and of course it's all a trap by Team Rocket. Even though they tried this plan before back and the Orange Islands and it failed! The plain is actually heading straight for TR HQ however they didn't have enough fuel and this episode is going to turn into Lost, hey the joke was topical at the time. Anyways the land on the island unfortunately there's no Abmasnow or Beartic but there is a traveling salesman who has been trapped on the island for months. Brock wants to convert the plane into a ship with fuel from trees on the island. err seriously. I really hate this, I hate how Team Rocket has to be the main source of conflict for every single plot they're basically preempting Ash from his main goal and you don't do that! Team Rocket steals Pikachu and takes off in the ship. However there is no fuel and the ship is destroyed. The wailmer that saved the stranded guy then evolves into Wailord blasting off Team Rocket who can now carry the group and the stranded guy off the island. Too much Team Rocket in this episode and we just had the group stranded on an island a few episodes before and it was just better. On the plus side this episode can be really funny if it's taken out of context and abridged.

3/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 10, 2014 at 05:58:12 PM.
Old November 11, 2014, 05:22:28 PM
Rayquaza

Like Meowth to a Flame - Team Rocket have of course some how escaped the desert island from the last episode. However that doesn't matter because the group ends up getting attacked by a bunch of Murkrow however they are saved by a Meowth trainer, since this is the first league episode I can only guess he's the guy that will beat Ash. He's also cruel enough to dress the Meowth up in a hat and boots. Really 4kids you're trying to pass off Ramen as Chicken Noodle Soup, damn 4kids you so racist. Tyson the Meowth trainer, has to rush off from the group however because he's a torch runner and of course Team Rocket wants to steal it. Mr.Goodshow is present who is now a professor apparently, remember him because he's going to be faced out gradually after this. Ash finds out that Morrison hasn't registered for the league yet. Ash decides his Hoenn pokemon deserved to participate in the league on there own so he's not bringing in his reserves something Ash keeps going back and fourth on in future leagues although I think the writers decided on this since you can't trade between Gen II & III. However as Ash is talking to Oak someone steals the torch and of course it's Team Rocket. Ash manages to get the flame back thanks to his Glalie and ability to jump high enough to make Olympic athletes jealous, seriously its pretty funny. Of course Team Rocket is defeated thanks to Tyson's Meowth and Metagross. It's just another typical league introduction episode, but hey this is the last one we're getting.

4/5

Saved by the Beldum - The episode starts with Ash training and they run into Morrison who still hasn't registered but he now has his eighth badge and is going to be in the league we also meet all of Morrison Pokemon and we get the return of there insane rivalry which causes them to have a race and fall into a pitfall. Agh seriously Team Rocket? That's such dumb luck it gives me headache. However Tyson comes by with his Meowth and Team Rocket's Meowth refuses to let his pride get the best of him. Morrison has a battle with a guy who seems to be in a contest to find out who has the more annoying voice, however Morrison's voice stands no chance once his Beldum evolves into Metang. Tyson's Meowth then has to fight a Persian which appears to have the upper hand however Tyson's Meowth is just more powerful, however Meowth has a blood lust and wants to continue attacking the Persian so Tyson recalls it. It's after this we learn Meowth's back story and why it hates Persians. Ash's battle is Pikachu against Hitmonlee *sigh* what's the point of only using your Hoenn pokemon if you're going to end up using Pikachu? Of course Ash ends up winning quite easily again. So now it's on to the next round.

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 11, 2014 at 05:58:42 PM.
Old November 13, 2014, 05:24:51 PM
Rayquaza

From Brags to Riches - It's time for three qualifying battles and they're all double battles. Half of this episode is actually devoted to Morrison's battle I can't complain though since it is pretty good. Morrison wins and then of course Team Rocket traps Ash however he's saved by Team Rocket's boss who wants him to go back to selling stuff in the stands whew. So now it's time for Ash's battle, which is pretty good but it's pretty ridiculous how Corphish is able to take so many attacks and Swalot is just suddenly defeated. Also Team Rocket then gets fed.

4/5

Shocks and Bonds - In the next battle Ash has to go against Clark the Conductor, uses a conductor wand, what a weird guy. Ash is at clear Disadvantage since its a battle between Ash's Glalie and Grovyle and two fire types. Also Clark has a bunch of fan girls watching. Groan, so many music puns in the battle just end it already! However Ash's Glalie manages to pull through and beat Clark's Charizard by getting a critical hit now Ash gets to move onto the victory tournament. We also see Tyson win his final preliminary battle which he wins and everyone is moving to the next round. However tomorrow is a day off, which mean 4kids montage time! Whew that day went by quickly now Ash has a 6 vs 6 battle during this we see Mrs.Ketchum watching while tending to a sick Mr.Mime, Misty watching as she passes by tv, and Tracey and Oak watching as well. The battle will also be on a rock battle field. Ash is battling Katie who switches out her pokemon so her other pokemon can be super effective. For a 6 vs 6 battle this is actually really rushed, but that might just seem that way because last episode was devoted to two double battles.

4/5

A Judgement Brawl - The battle from the last episode continues, now it's a water battle field so it's going to be Corphish against Golduck and looses. However Ash manages to make a comeback with his Swellow. Even though Katie has an advantage with a water battle field and her Walrain Ash manages to beat it with his Grovyle and win. Morrison and Tyson manage to move onto the next round as well. Oh no Morrison has to battle Ash now, and Morrison clearly has trouble with the idea creating a good set up for the next episode. Of course the battle has to begin the episode and Ash has a pretty clear advantage and Morrison can't even get his next pokemon to get an attack and he's paralyzed with his decision on what to do next.

5/5

Choose it or Loose it - Ash manages to convince Morrison to snap out of his funk and the battle continues. While Growlithe is able to be taken out easily Ash gives Morrison a great speech to give him his determination back. The battle between Swampert and Corphish ends in a draw which leaves to a break and Morrison tells Ash he always used to battle for fun until he became determined to have more fun winning, this is great way how they fleshed him out, it's a shame the writers will fully forget about him after this. Pikachu manages to easily lose to Steelix because of course and then Torkoal somehow looses to it but Grovyle manages to beat Steelix so it can now fight Gligar bet taken out by its Guillotine Ash sends out his Swellow. Tt ends in a tie leading to a final 1 vs 1 battle between Metang and Glalie I like how the writers think Ash is at an advantage even though Steel is super effective against Ice and Glalie takes a lot of attacks. At the last second Metang falls and Ash wins to the final eight, farther then he's ever been in a league and now Ash has to battle Tyson. Team Rocket's Meowth gives Tyson's Meowth advice and of course he ignores it gee I wonder who is going to win the next episode? Seriously it's obviously going to be the trainer Ash knows that he will lose to even though Morrison says he'll win.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 13, 2014 at 06:34:02 PM.
Old November 14, 2014, 05:28:09 PM
Rayquaza

At the end of the Fray - The battle with Tyson from the last episode continues and it's even more rushed then the last episode. Glalie and Sceptile are taken out immediately, and the rest are taken out easily as well. And yet the writers decide to insert yet another Team Rocket side plot, plus Meowth has to be established as watching from the stands. The real issue Ash has is with Tyson's Metagross. Ash manages to defeat by focusing his attack on one spot until he sends out Pikachu and it's Pikachu vs Meowth. Also Team Rocket's Meowth decides he likes Tyson's Meowth now without any explanation making these cuts to him kind of annoying. Tyson ends up winning but barely, clearly the meowth was at an advantage though since its boots prevented it from falling over. Ash takes the loss pretty well while Tyson goes on to win the entire league! Even though Ash lost he feels a sense of pride in his pokemon plus he got very close to beating the guy who won the entire league! It's going to take a lot to out do this in the next league. Even though it was rushed the battles in this episode were still pretty good, Meowth vs Pikachu and Metagross were what really grabbed my attention.

4.5/5

The Scheme Team - The episode starts with everyone going separate ways back home, we see Morrison and Tyson one last time. Max and May split ways with Brock and Ash but promise to stay in touch. Team Rocket also goes to the HQ and Giovanni does not care about what they witnessed from Team Aqua and Team Magma and that they're partially why they disbanded. There next assignment is Antarctica and oh man I wish they went through with that, however they run into Cassidy and Bultch on a special assignment even though if you've been following Pokemon Chronicles unlike me you'd now they are just as pathetic as Jesse and James now. Also they get pogo sticks, heh that's pretty funny. We then get a random scene with May and Max at home after which Brock and Ash split ways with Brock admitting this was the best journey ever. Despite being apart briefly Ash finds out he already misses everyone and starts heading home. He passes by the Viridian Gym and runs into an agent Scott only to run into Agatha who is currently the gym leader. It's not revealed why Giovanni is no longer gym leader but honestly in the context of the anime the head of Team Rocket also being a gym leader makes no sense anyways. Ash decides to battle Agatha who hasn't had a challenge in a while so it's his Pikachu against her Gengar. While Ash looses Agatha and Scott are both impressed and Scott reveals she's a member of the Elite Four. Scott tells Ash about the Battle Frontier and it basically works like the Orange Islands, same as any other league but with only one final boss instead. Team Rocket then shows up with a new motto to steal Pkachu however Agatha and Pikachu easily take care of them. A lot happens in this episode but it all feels really natural even with all this set up we even see Ash come home and Misty is present yay! Misty also an Azurill to replace Togepi er Tracey's Marill layed an egg apparently. Also Max and Birch have also arrived, err yay!

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 14, 2014 at 06:01:32 PM.
Old November 17, 2014, 05:34:10 PM
Rayquaza

Right Place Right Mime - This episode title is incredibly misleading not only is Mr.Mime not in it there isn't even a regular mime! We have the typical seen of Delia being happy about Aah being home and May comes to the door! We have Max interact with Misty and Tracy while taking care of the starters I like how Max expresses fondness for Tracy for being Oak's assistant. When putting away the Kanto starters Max finds out May is in Kanto as well and one of the Squirtles at the lab likes May! It turns out after May left Max immediately missed May and he joined Birch on his visit to Oak. Ash tells the group about the battle frontier and Delia claims May wants enter contests in Kanto, and Ash asks May to rejoin him and of course Max can join as well. It's revealed May left behind her Beautifly and Skitty at home while we get to meet all of Ash's pokemon again. I really love all of the interactions we get in this episode. Of course however we can't go one episode without a Team Rocket attack however it is a good showcase of all the pokemon, we have a neat moment where Birch decides to help but Delia tells them not to. May decides to leave her Bulbasaur at the lab while Ash leaves his Torkoal and Glalie. Ash and May get new pokedexes while Max gets an updated Pokenav with Battle Frontier data. Also Phanpy rejoins Ash as well as Brock and with Misty also joining the group briefly this creates the point in time where most pokemon fanfiction is written. seriously. I love this episode all the interactions seeing all the older pokemon again.

5/5

A Real Cleffa Hanger - Brock left his Ludicolo with his family while Misty needs to return to the gym before her sisters start handing out badges. The group are on mount moon and they run into a Cleffa. Agh then Team Rocket attacks with a flying vacuum, at least they don't do there motto but of course the machine malfunctions and explodes and Misty, Max and Pikachu get separated from the group I like how they showed that May is clearly concerned. Misty has a really creepy backpack, like someone clubbed a spheal and hollowed it out to become a backpack, how dare you Misty! We get some great interactions between Max and Misty even a reference to Misty's long standing bug phobia. They run off a cliff to land on a very bouncy ground in the middle of a storm so they go find some shelter. The rest of the group manages to find Max and Misty just in time for May to save Max. We also get even more creepy shots of Misty's dead Spheal backpacks, seriously someone should call PETA or in this case PETP. All of the Cleffa, Clefairy and Clefable use Metronome, with May's Munchlax joining in and they're defeated. Misty has to run off to the gym so it's time to say goodbye, because this is probably the last time we'll ever see her. This what the last Misty episode should have been about, Misty interacting with the other characters and establishing her a strong well developed trainer to the group, this would be one of my favorites if it wasn't for that creepy backpack!

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 17, 2014 at 06:05:04 PM.
Old November 18, 2014, 05:39:41 PM
Rayquaza

Numero Uno Articuno - Two episodes in and we're already meeting a Frontier Brain. The group spots an Articuno and a man in a plane with it and of course Team Rocket wants to steal it. The group eventually finds a pokemon center where in the morning they meet Scott who will lead them to the Battle Frontier. Scott makes the Crazy Taxi guy seem like my Grandpa when it comes to driving. They meet Noland and stop his crazy machine who is the Frontier Brain, rather then using a group of random pokemon Noland trains a bunch of pokemon and the challenger decides which pokemon to battle. It's discovered that Noland actually saved the Articuno and while it doesn't have a pokeball it likes to be with Noland. While Noland flies Max around in his plane it's revealed Ash made a call off screen, hmmmm. Then Team Rocket attacks because of course, by stealing one of Noland's machines and of course they don't stand a chance against Articuno. At night it's revealed Ash wants to challenge Articuno and that he's called upon Charizard. I like how Max knows about since he did watch him in the league. I really liked this episode it's great set up for a great battle.

4/5

The Symbol Life - There's not much for me to say about this episode, other then the fact that I really like this battle, Charizard vs Articuno Ash has to deal with fighting a legendary pokemon. Although I'm kind of annoyed by the fact that Charizard hasn't learned Blast Burn, a move we just got to finally see recently in the Mega Evolution special but nope instead it learned overheat. Ash goes for the Seismic Toss and manages to narrowly defeat Articuno earning the knowledge symbol. Ash's next challenge is at the battle arena and we say good bye to Charizard. I love this episode easily one of the best battles in the series.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 18, 2014 at 06:01:47 PM.
Old November 19, 2014, 05:34:47 PM
Rayquaza

Hooked on Onix - Fun Fact: the writers can't go one saga without doing an Onix attacks episode for some reason. The group gets separated from a bunch of there pokemon after accidently attacking Geodude resulting in Team Rocket being able to convince an Onix they're evil. We then get a bunch of random moments between the pokemon and they're pretty interesting to watch I guess, but seriously how many times are Beedrill going to attack? Everyone but Ash is soon captured however Ash manages to beat the Onix with his Grovyle. Of course Team Rocket soon attacks Onix because they're incredibly stupid and get defeated. In the end the Onix gives them a ride, where? It doesn't matter because we don't see him in the next episode. This just an average forgettable run of the mill episode.

3/5

Rough Tough Jigglypuff - The episode starts with the group getting trapped by a man who wants to catch a Jigglypuff for his daughter. It turns out he's been trying to catch for six months, taking time off from work and potentially leaving his family homeless just so he can catch this Jigglypuff. Seriously this guy is insane, just tell your five year old no don't spoil your child! Team Rocket shows up only to get blasted off before finishing there motto. Brock tells them to out smart it instead of just chasing after it this fails. They have success when they lock Pikachu and Jigglypuff in a room together and Jiggltypuff manages to fall asleep when it uses sleep. However in the end the dad learns he's going to leave it behind and probably have some serious explaining to do to his wife. He says this because apparently he thinks it was most happy in the forest, I've really come to hate this aspect of the anime, there are so many trainers who caught there pokemon whose to say they didn't do the wrong thing? The dad decides to give the girl Loudred instead however the daughter is still happy the dad is home for her birthday. Oh man I seriously dought anyone who wrote this episode is a married person or even a father. Of course the Jigglypuff decides to come back to be with the daughter, wow that was pretty terrible.

3/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 19, 2014 at 06:04:16 PM.
Old November 20, 2014, 06:01:10 PM
Rayquaza

On Cloud Arcanine - The group runs into Drew who not only plans on participating in the Kanto Grand Festival but already has one ribbon! Drew is trying to catch a wild Arcanine so of course now May wants to catch it as well. Also Team Rocket is now working in a bakery run by there boss from the Pokemon League for some reason and of course they're immediately fired. Well that was pointless. Of course now Team Rocket wants to capture Arcanine. The group mean while comes up with a bunch of plans to catch it. It's soon discovered that Arcanine has kids so now they clearly can't catch so instead Team Rocket has to. It's revealed doesn't want to break up a family either so he's going to go back to trying to find another pokemon and tells May there's a contest in Saffron City. I am so sick of these fillers already, I mean it's nice seeing Drew again but he fails like an excuse for someone for May to compete with. However this was another episode with way to much Team Rocket, seriously what was the point of seeing them work in a bakery?

3/5

Sitting Psyduck - Basically this rich girl sent off her own pokemon to catch a Psyduck who only wants to play with other pokemon. Of course our heroes has to get involved. Of course Team Rocket then has to capture it as well. Meowth couldn't even come up with why they should catch it but I really don't care anymore. In a very weird plan Team Rocket gives them sleds to go down hill only for pinball things to pop up which some how puts the group in a goal. What? However the rich girls pokemon defeat Team Rocket. The girl comes in and it's revealed the Psyduck keeps running away because like most rich people in anime it hates its lifestyle. Of course Team Rocket attacks again and she learns it wants to fight. Any episode where Team Rocket has to attack twice is a bad episode.

2/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 20, 2014 at 06:03:21 PM.