Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 4, 2012, 06:43:21 PM
Administrator

Default Danger Mario (Paper Mario: TTYD)

Now time for another guide I wrote years back, this time on July 22, 2005!

What is Danger Mario? It is lowering your HP below 5 and equipping a plethora of of Power Rush Badges. FYI, it is very expensive. First, you must have completed chapter 5, “The Key to Pirates.” Next, head to Rogueport Sewers via the eastern pipe. Then use Bobbery to blow a hole in the crack to your left. Through it is Chet Rippo. Depending on whether or not you upgraded Mario’s HP at all, you may be able to pay as little as 39 coins or several hundred. Have him lower your HP down to 5, raising mostly BP (If you don’t have much FP, use some on that).

Afterwards, go to the Pianta Parlor in western Rogueport. Use the Pianta Changer to get at least 10 Piantas (unless you have some). You can either play with the Piantas in the games or buy as many as necessary. Talk to Lahla (the Boo behind the counter) and select ask to trade in your Piantas. Buy as many Power Rush (1 BP) Badges that you want, as each one will increase your attack power by 2. It will cost you 34 Piantas for one, which is 102 coins! You may want to play, not pay.

For an added bonus, include some of these with your Badge combination. P-Down, D-Up (2 BP) will increase your defense and drop your attack . Close Call (1 BP) will lower opponents’ hit-miss ratio when in danger, which really helps. Last Stand (1 BP) will cut the damage you receive in half when in danger. Mega Rush (1 BP) will increase your attack power by 5 when in peril, especially since you may get pushed that low occasionally. Simplifier (1 BP) will make Action Commands easy, but will net you less Star Power, while Unsimplifier (1 BP) will do the oppositte; choose by how well you can execute Action Commands. Flower Saver (4 BP) can help on attacks against all enemies—it decreases the FP used by 1, but not below 1. Multibounce (1 BP) will allow you to jump on enemies in sequence to knock all enemies out (1 BP). Spike Shield (3 BP) and Ice Power (1 BP) can allow you to jump on spiked and fire enemies. Quake Hammer (2 BP) will damage and flip all ground- and ceiling-bound enemies. Chill Out (1 BP) will prevent enemy First Strikes. Power Bounce (3 BP), which will allow you to jump on a single foe until you miss, can help with when you have only a few Power Rushes on big bosses like Grodus, Kammy, Bowser, the Shadow Queen, and Bonetail. Don’t use Power Plus (6 BP), which raises jump and hammer attack power by one!

Items? Save the Ultra Shrooms! Or, better yet, store or sell them. All you need here are just this: a few Mushrooms, Life Shrooms, Boo’s Sheets, and Maple Syrups (or other FP items). It would be nice if you already have the Strange Sack.
Next, head through the rest of the game, plowing everything in sight. This makes ALL bosses easy. The Pit of 100 Trials is a cake walk. Remember not to increase HP at an increased level!
Old May 20, 2012, 06:57:46 AM
Giratina

I remember this is how I beat the Shadow Queen my first and only time when I ran through Thousand Year Door. I just couldn't stand those cutscenes and she had so much power when I had a lack of it.
I still haven't beaten the Pit of 100 Trials with it, but with a few Life Shrooms, that should be easy peasy.
Another tip is to use Koops' Shell Shield depending on how well you can dodge attacks. That shield can help you be as reckless as you want.