Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 7, 2012, 10:04:05 PM
Giratina

Default Genres of Gaming you wish there was more of

We all have a favorite genre, no doubt about that, but what genres do you think seem lacking in the game industry or you just wish there were more games in that genre?

Personally, I wish there were more RPGs that are simple in combat like Kingdom Hearts, but have a combo system similar to Tales of Vesperia. Such a game would be enjoyable to play and give satisfaction in every completed combo.
Old July 7, 2012, 10:15:18 PM
Giratina

My favorite is RPGs, but few have really jumped out at me in terms of variation. Sure, we can all attack and be attacked and grind and level up, but Mario RPGs brought something interesting in. They allow you to dodge certain attacks, or even reflect them back, if you're really good at timing. Seeing this aspect implemented in to some other games would be a really nice thing.
Old July 7, 2012, 10:15:30 PM

I also wish there were more RPGs, as that is my favorite genre of gaming. I'm usually drawn into games where there is a good story behind it along with good gameplay. ^^
Old July 7, 2012, 11:04:22 PM
Administrator

I'd like to see more of the simple/fun RPGs like Paper Mario. A lot of them seem too serious or full of stats and items that make no sense that it can sometimes distract from the gameplay. Also, how about some more new platformers? It seems like Mario games are the only ones you hear about anymore. Or, maybe not a genre, but games with a score that actually matters and has an effect on the game.
Old July 8, 2012, 04:32:31 AM
Mudkip

FPS ......just kidding we have enough of them.But I would like to have a RPG zombie game ,but I want it to have the survival gameplay and not just kill zombies ,It would be good if it had a defence system like you could board up windows to protect yourself ,and you had to eat food at a certent time.Is there any games like that??
Old July 8, 2012, 06:31:05 AM
Giratina

Popular Tower Defense games that could make it on to a console. I love them, but I don't like being restricted to my computer. Or even worse, my iPod on crash mode.
Old July 13, 2012, 09:11:09 AM
Shaymin

I would like to say more strategy and simulation games. Both of the Base Building / City Growth type games are some I really wish there we're more variation of. We only ever have Modern or Futuristic Type of City Growth. I'd love to see one that was set in a more past time.
Old July 13, 2012, 09:17:20 AM
Kyurem

I've always wondered why it seems like no one really cares about a role-playing game that is accessible and on the PC. It's probably a nice way to ease people into the genre...
Old July 13, 2012, 09:37:12 AM
Giratina

Well my favorite games by far are those First-Person Shooters, but there is enough of them. Maybe too many... But a type of game that I might wanna see more of is something like Prototype or GTA! Like a fun, violent game where you can wander whenever your not on a mission, but the missions are fun. I'm not really sure what they're called though. Though, I'd prefer something more like Prototype then GTA because you can't kill people at will most of the time in GTA. STUPID COPS!

Maybe some good story strategy games. Kinda like Halo Wars. That's a fun game too...
Old July 13, 2012, 10:21:21 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
But a type of game that I might wanna see more of is something like Prototype or GTA! Like a fun, violent game where you can wander whenever your not on a mission, but the missions are fun. I'm not really sure what they're called though.
Those would be called open-world sandbox games.
Old July 13, 2012, 10:26:39 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Those would be called open-world sandbox games.
Well then I like open-world sandbox games.~
Old July 19, 2012, 04:41:00 PM
Haxorus

I wish that there were more games like Super Meat Boy. The controls are super tight, and it's really, REALLY hard. It feels so rewarding when you finish a tough level that you hard a hard time with. I respect games like that.