Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 9, 2012, 07:36:04 PM
Giratina

Default One improvement to any game system you would make

There's always one little thing about a system that just drives you insane or just stands out and bugs you whenever you think about it. What flaw in the system is that for you and what would you do to improve it?

To me, it's the spacing of buttons on the Wii Mote. Reaching from the A button to the D-Pad just feels awkward to me, even with my decently sized hands.
Old July 9, 2012, 07:41:27 PM
Haxorus

I think the controls on a Playstation (1) are so weird and confusing. Plus the shape of the controller is very uncomfortable.
Old July 9, 2012, 07:55:05 PM
Volcarona

The 3DS' Circle Pad NEEDS more grip to it's surface. Your hands sweat after playing too long, meaning your thumb is more likely to slip off the pad. It's probably one of the only flaws of the game system, as far as I know.

Last edited by GalliumGrant; July 9, 2012 at 07:55:17 PM.
Old July 9, 2012, 08:33:23 PM
Charizard

Quote:
I think the controls on a Playstation (1) are so weird and confusing. Plus the shape of the controller is very uncomfortable.
I loved the PS1's controller. I strongly prefer it over the current one that feels so...

I want to be able to move the analog sticks on the PS3. Why are they so close together? Why are the knobs CONVEX instead of CONCAVE? The 360's controller's analog sticks are comfortable, have grip, and your thumbs rest in them. Why go against that?
Old July 9, 2012, 11:05:17 PM
Giratina

Everyone that's not Microsoft: Put the Analog Sticks on line with the buttons. It's more comfortable that way.
Nintendo: A wireless controller that doesn't have to be hooked up to the stupid Wii Remote with a cord. (I think the Wii U controller thing does that )
Nintendo handheld: YOUR SHOULDER BUTTONS SUCK. FIX THEM.
PSP: Everything was good except for the games. Wait what? Exactly my point, the UMD ruined the experience. Everything else was good. Oh wait, no. The stupid failure of a circle pad was also bad.
More Nintendo: Be like your competitors. Get rid of Friend Codes.
Everyone: A Start up song like what was on the PlayStation would be appreciated. It made the system feel a lot cooler.
Old July 10, 2012, 01:59:25 PM
Mudkip

As God of All Gaming Systems, I would erase the Kinect from mankind's history, as nothing but sin and shame has come about it.
Old July 10, 2012, 02:03:10 PM
Kyurem

Get rid of apps. You're on a ****ing game console, don't pretend it's a computer.
Old July 10, 2012, 02:11:05 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Get rid of apps. You're on a ****ing game console, don't pretend it's a computer.
This too. SINCE I AM USING THIS AMAZING PIECE OF GAMING HARDWARE I THINK I WILL tell my Twitter followers I had some good brownies.
Old July 10, 2012, 02:17:23 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymp View Post
As God of All Gaming Systems, I would erase the Kinect from mankind's history, as nothing but sin and shame has come about it.
I actually think Kinect Sports was a very good experience and fun to play with other people and about 1000x more fun and active than Wii Sports. But that's just me.
And on the subject of erasing, I'd erase Square Enix the stupid PSP Go. That was the worst idea for a gaming console. Ever. I think Virtual Boy had more potential.

Last edited by TurtwigX; July 10, 2012 at 02:20:16 PM.
Old July 10, 2012, 02:40:07 PM
Charizard

Quit making every game hold my hand. I can figure out how to freakin' jump and shoot on my own by pressing buttons.
Old July 10, 2012, 02:55:53 PM
Regigigas

In terms of modifying a game system permanently for every system, I'd change the volume switch on the original DS and the 3DS into a rocker switch. Rocker switches seem easier to handle for me.

In terms of changing games, I'd add a mode called "Alright, I've played this game before, don't make me do 50 million tutorials I already know".
Old July 10, 2012, 03:15:54 PM
Zoroark

DS, Wii, and newer: No Friend Code and the rule "do not share Friend Code on the Internet" on most instruction manuals. We are not kids anymore.

Letting me able to skip tutorials, especially for sequels.
Same for sites like Facebook and Google [service name], where it makes he feel like an old man is trying to teach me how to catch a Pokemon.
Also, the fine print of "You must read instruction manuals" is useless.

Flash and mobile games: some games are so innovative (or using a word with less bias: different) that I need a tutorial, but due to lack of programming, some tutorials are too boring (too much text), or has no tutorial at all.
Old July 10, 2012, 04:47:51 PM
Charizard

Nintendo, modernize.

Play DVDs, get friends lists, give third-party developers a chance. Oh yeah, and get HD graphics. It's not necessary, but in this day and age you gotta get with the standards.

Last edited by Blood Swampert; July 10, 2012 at 04:49:00 PM.
Old July 10, 2012, 09:29:53 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManPlusPlus View Post
DS, Wii, and newer: No Friend Code and the rule "do not share Friend Code on the Internet" on most instruction manuals. We are not kids anymore.
Well, let's not forget that most Nintendo games are E, about 95% of them. And E usually involves children, not to mention a lot of Nintendo fans are kids, still. It's a necessary thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Swampert View Post
Nintendo, modernize.

Play DVDs, get friends lists, give third-party developers a chance. Oh yeah, and get HD graphics. It's not necessary, but in this day and age you gotta get with the standards.
The Wii U was already stated to be in HD, more powerful than the 360. Hopefully they'll finally abolish Friend Codes, though. And wasting space for a DVD gimmick is really unnecessary. If you want to watch them get a DVD player. :U
Old July 10, 2012, 10:20:39 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
The Wii U was already stated to be in HD, more powerful than the 360.
Yes, I was aware. I was too busy raging at Pikmin 3 being released on a sytem I won't buy.
Old July 10, 2012, 10:31:14 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Swampert View Post
Yes, I was aware. I was too busy raging at Pikmin 3 being released on a sytem I won't buy.
I still don't know if I want to buy it. The tablet controller thing seems weird...it all depends on if the Wii U has a Xbox-type connection to the system instead of a cord connecting to the Wii remote. I hate that soooo muuuuch.
Old July 10, 2012, 10:34:39 PM

My suggestion to Nintendo: please improve your internet speed. Everytime I try using the Wii Internet Channel, webpages load dreadfully slow. It might just be because they only allow use of Opera? I don't know. I'd also like to see the ability to have whatever preferred web browser I want to use on my console.
Old July 11, 2012, 09:48:01 AM
Giratina

Game Freak: That "Don't switch your system or else you need a new Friend Code and your Pal Pad is erased" thing? Get rid of it. Updating and spreading my FC to everyone after I deleted it is a hassle.