Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 22, 2012, 06:37:42 PM
Landorus

Default Gaming Epic Fails

This was a Panel at an Anime convention I went to, and I haven't seen any threads about it in any case, so here it is.

We've all been there. We're playing a video game (Or any sort of game, really) and suddenly, for some reason, either it's a crowning moment of stupidity, a glitch, or just dumb luck, something happens, and you fail. Maybe you facepalmed then and there. Maybe you laugh at it now. Maybe it haunts you to this day.

Well, here's a thread where we can all let off our steam and share our experiences, and then laugh at with each other.

I'll start with my own    
SO
This was back when I was nine or so years old. I was playing my pokemon Crystal version. For some reason or another I decide to start a non-serious new file that I planned to not save over. So, I go up to Prof. Elm and choose my starter, and I chose Totodile. I go to my first battle.
It's a shiny.
My Starter pokemon is a frickin' Shiny Totodile.
If I had known that was such a big deal back then I would have gone "screw it" with my previous file and saved.
But I didn't.
I turned off the game soon after.
I was such a godforsaken idiot that one year later I did the same thing in my LeafGreen version. I found a shiny diglett in the beginning of a non-serious playthrough, and I saved over it.
Why was I so stupid?
Old August 22, 2012, 06:57:13 PM
Zoroark

Funny thing is, this happened because of the Radiant AI, means it was supposed to happen. So I was playing oblivion and I did the quest that got Ulrich arrested. I myself was arrested in the cheydinhal and had stolen goods on my person. I wanted them back. So I broke out of prison, and happened to sneak past ulrichs cell. He was dead. After I did some digging on the web it turns out that the guards in the prison run out of food, and go in his cell to kill him and take his food. MFW
Old August 22, 2012, 07:24:16 PM

Ok, so here is one of my all-time epic fails. I was only like 12 or 13, and I was playing Pokemon Sapphire. I had beaten the Elite Four already and was simply roaming around to catch pokemon, but more importantly, I was searching for Latias. I was on Route 120, the one east of Fortree City. I had been searching for the longest time for Latias and was about to give up hope, so I was on this route to simply look for an Absol (for whatever reason I though those were rare..I was young leave me alone Dx). So after some exploring in tall grass, I encountered one. I was so relieved that I wasted no time in trying to weaken it and simply chucked my Master ball. Satisfied, I was about to leave the route - only to then encounter, you guessed it, LATIAS. I was so freaking angry at myself. I finally saw Latias for the first time...and of course, it fled after a futile attempt at tossing an Ultra ball. It took me almost 3 months of careful planning to finally catch it.
Old August 22, 2012, 09:56:07 PM
Volcarona

I can't remember any of my own gaming fails, but I'll share one from YouTube.

Yeah, there's a YouTube channel dedicated to these things.
Old August 22, 2012, 11:47:42 PM
Celebi

Well i was playing Tales of Symphonia, and i was about to do a boss battle.
the boss being Abyssion and to even activate the fight against abyssion you have to go to flanoir and talk to him.. then find the 7 devils arms then go to the temple of darkness and activate the fight...and this is my first time doing the fight and im around level 50-65. and i enter the fight.....the fight didnt last more than 15 seconds. he can break some combos, and kill characters with a single move.. eventually i ran out of items.. and you can guess how it ends..
it would take 5 more attempts and an extreme amount of luck to beat him
Old August 23, 2012, 11:25:00 AM
Kyurem

Okay, this is a short one: I was playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted, when I got myself into a pursuit. Within about 5 or so seconds, I had already gotten myself stuck. There was a wall behind me, and a street light that was too close for me to get going fast enough to knock down in front of me. The pursuit lasted like 16 seconds, involved 1 police car, and didn't end well for me.
Old August 23, 2012, 11:56:58 AM
Shaymin

While playing on-line in Red Orchestra 2, some of my allies were pinned down in a room. Me, remembering earlier I had died in the same room, foolishly threw a grenade into the room thinking the enemy was in there still. I had killed 7 of my team mates in 1 second, instantly getting me banned from the server...
Old August 23, 2012, 06:18:04 PM
Administrator

I forgot to save after playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii for four hours, attempting to finish up all the Star Coins and only having four levels left. I was used to Super Mario Galaxy 2 saving after every level. I hate how the game stops prompting you after towers and castles once you beat the game, even though you can save anywhere.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 23, 2012 at 06:45:26 PM.
Old August 23, 2012, 06:36:54 PM
Haxorus

I died on the first group of enemies after the Tutorial in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.
Old August 23, 2012, 07:13:26 PM
Kyurem

I tried to punch my friend off of a super high cliff in Minecraft.
Turns out he had a secret gang of wolves no one knew about.

Last edited by Shiny; August 23, 2012 at 07:13:44 PM.
Old September 24, 2012, 07:12:43 PM
Giratina

While I was playing The World Ends With You, I beat nearly every single boss on Easy, even before losing and the prompt for "Retry on Easy" showed up. I was really scared of all the bosses power levels, even when I got really good at the combat system.
Old September 24, 2012, 08:39:53 PM

I wasted my masterball on a Relicanth when I was playing through RSE the first time. I was watching the Pokemon anime a little before the incident that involved Ash and co. encountering a Relicanth in a cave with one of the people saying "how extremely rare this Pokemon was." I was 8 at the time and I believed what the person in the anime said, so I treated that Relicanth as if it were a shiny Pokemon. =w=
Old September 25, 2012, 02:39:07 AM
Landorus

I kept on getting confused why your rival chose the Pokemon type that was strongest against your stater.
I didn't figure out that it was supposed to be like until I was 10.