Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 16, 2013, 06:15:15 PM
Keldeo

Default Virtual Reality Gaming

Seems that Valve may have many fingers in many pies, some news was given on an idea for a console for what may be in the future.

Valve Will Talk Virtual Reality at GDC 2013

"In addition to pursuing their own proprietary Steam Box to run games, the company announced two intriguing presentations for the Game Developers Conference in March: "Why Virtual Reality is Hard (And Where it Might be Going)" and "What We Learned Porting Team Fortress 2 to Virtual Reality.""

It will be interesting to see what happens.

What are your thoughts on this and on the idea of Virtual reality gaming?

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...ality-goggles/
This seems to be leading the pack
Old January 16, 2013, 06:52:18 PM
Administrator

My first thought:

Old January 16, 2013, 09:02:36 PM
Keldeo

The artcle I read which actually brought up the idea that virtiual boy and yes the thing doesn't look much diffren then the Virtual boy though it does seem to be a little smaller.

Suprise but the first game they will try to port to this new technology will be....

Team Fortress 2

"In another talk, Valve's Michael Abrash will deliver a talk called, "Why Virtual Reality is Hard (And Where it Might be Going)." It will include "technical content involving head-mounted display hardware and its interaction with the human perceptual system"."

Soruce:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...es-port-at-gdc

Collections of Articles on it:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/..._medium=social

I'm not suprised that Team Fortress 2 would be one of the first things they would try, the game is crazy popular, though me of late hasn't played it at all other good games to play. It would certainly change the idea of how you interact wtih the game that's for sure. Do we also get to feel virtually shot?
Old January 17, 2013, 07:19:19 AM
Giratina

I take it none of you have heard of the Oculus Rift yet?
A man over a Cnet got a chance to test out the Rift at the latest CES and had positive things to say about it. The Rift is still in development and the model that was tested at CES was just a hand-built unit to show what the fully developed version will offer. The CEO of Oculus Brendan Iribe even said he expects units to be ready to be sent to game developers by December.
Old January 17, 2013, 07:36:27 PM
Keldeo

Yes I did when running around reading stuff on Valve getting into the market of virtual reality. I just couldn't remeber what it was but yes I do remeber running into that.