Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 25, 2013, 06:01:13 AM
Kyurem

Default Preferred gaming platform?

Seems like good old computers and the 3DS work well enough for me. What about you?

It looks like you can get away with not having any consoles as long as you have a decent enough computer in its place.
Old January 25, 2013, 06:29:28 AM
Celebi

The 'ol PS2 and the 3DS. Are my perfered platforms
Old January 25, 2013, 08:18:49 AM
Giratina

I wouldn't live without my laptop and Xbox 360. Well.. laptop is just for Happy Wheels and internet.
Old January 25, 2013, 08:28:15 AM
Shaymin

All around. Mostly PC but I'm also switching between the main three. Not to mention the handhelds... Can't get enough of games it seems...
Old January 25, 2013, 09:58:01 AM
Giratina

My phone (Xperia FTW ), PS2, and 3DS. I would've said PS1 instead, but PS2 retains that AND adds on the other amazing games, like CRAAAAAAAZY TAXI.
Old January 25, 2013, 12:01:44 PM
Linoone

PC is king for me, probably always will be. An adaptable system with so much of a library now that's always growing ever further? Best system by that alone and we're not even touching things like steam.

However, other systems like handhelds compliment it well and consoles are great for when you have friends over and just wanna kick into some multiplayer games (personally my favorite console is PS2 for 4-player mayhem in timesplitters alone), though then again LAN parties are sorta that with a bit more effort but for such a worthwhile reward.

Last edited by Paradox; January 25, 2013 at 12:02:45 PM.
Old January 25, 2013, 12:08:37 PM
Rayquaza

I go everywhere with my 3DS so that's a no brainer.
Old January 25, 2013, 12:12:51 PM
Administrator

3DS, hands down. I bring that thing everywhere and play games whenever I have to wait.
Old January 25, 2013, 12:35:36 PM
Servine

I've always preferred PC gaming to consoles and handhelds. However, I am partial to my Dreamcast, GameCube and PlayStation 2.
Old January 25, 2013, 01:47:03 PM
Giratina

Well, I did sell my Xbox 360 because all it was doing was gathering dust in my room. PC is definitely my gaming platform of choice, but I still enjoy my 3DS, PS2/1, GameCube, GBA, SNES, and NES games.
Old February 4, 2013, 01:00:10 PM
Haxorus

If you had asked me a year ago, I would've said some console. Ask me today and I would say PC. There's so much more offered and with much cheaper prices on games (thank you Steam and Humble Bundle) I can buy more without a big penalty on my wallet. Not to mention no fees for online use (I'm looking at you, Xbox). These are the ingredients needed to make the perfect gaming platform. The Personal Computer king for me. Now if only I could run Minecraft at a decent frame rate...
Old February 5, 2013, 03:51:28 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueumbreon View Post
If you had asked me a year ago, I would've said some console. Ask me today and I would say PC. There's so much more offered and with much cheaper prices on games (thank you Steam and Humble Bundle) I can buy more without a big penalty on my wallet. Not to mention no fees for online use (I'm looking at you, Xbox). These are the ingredients needed to make the perfect gaming platform. The Personal Computer king for me. Now if only I could run Minecraft at a decent frame rate...
The way my friend put it when comparing PC vs Console gaming:

PC Gaming has a high start-up cost (buying good parts), but a low running cost (buying games. Steam offers sales literally everyday, plus the Humble Bundle) while console gaming is the exact opposite (consoles are relatively cheap, but the games at stores almost never go on sale. Plus things like Xbox LIVE Gold membership fees and things like it).

You know, if I never got into PC gaming, I would never have fallen in love with Cave Story+. It just recently made my favorite games of all time list and it's an Indie game. As we all know, the Indie genre doesn't get nearly enough attention in the console world as it does in the PC world.
Old February 5, 2013, 04:22:03 PM

I love using my 3DS, it's definitely one of my favorite systems. The DSi is also starting to become one of my favorites (that may be because I'm using it to go through my Platinum Nuzlocke).
Old February 5, 2013, 08:42:01 PM
Charizard

Computers do have their convenience, but call me an old fogey for saying this, but I honestly perfer the actual consoles to play on instead. Especially for older titles. Ports just don't do the original games justice, half the time. Some are better than others, but nothing beats playing a Genesis game with your finger on the trigger buttons.
Old February 5, 2013, 09:34:54 PM
Regigigas

If you asked me this before I got into minecraft, I would have said my DS and my PS2. Nowadays, however, I prefer my 3DS and PC. The PC is good for playing various games at home, while the 3DS makes for a great mobile platform.