Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 26, 2013, 03:43:44 PM
Keldeo

Default Poker Night at the Inventory 1/2

I just got the recently released Poker Night at the inventory. Both the first and the second because of pre-ordering, so far I'm happy with my purchase.

Starting up this thread so people can share experiences and tips and tricks once the game has been out long enough for people to pick up on tells that the character has.

The Conversations that many of the characters have are quite interesting, sadly half of it I missed due to needing to turn off the sound, but I'll play another tournament and enjoy it. Got to love GladOS's commentary making comments like: "I know more then you do, but I'm not referring to this hand just in general" as she gets right in front of your face.

So far I've just played the Texas Hold 'Em tournament and ended up knocking out three of the characters on my own, only getting down to 8,000 at one point I was fairly lucky. I ended up winning the 5 all in's that were in there during and a 55% hand win rate which I consider to be fairly good but I'm sure that there is someone who will have higher win rates. I had an interesting problem where the percentages didn't add up, I had 85% win chance on a hand with the opponent at a slim 14%. Um, where did that extra 1% go? Chance for a tie or something? Sadly I did not get a screen shot if it happens again I will. Also, I got lucky ending up winning a hand with everyone on the board with a pair of twos, the lowest available pair you can get without having to go Ace or king high for example.

It ended up coming down to me and claptrap, having gone all in the two rounds before the end and taking 50,000 some from the leading player. Who went all in that round and later knocking out Claptrap.
Old April 26, 2013, 04:20:05 PM
Shaymin

So far, my biggest triumph was knocking Brock and Sam in the first hand, Clap in the second, and spending twenty minutes playing "Who bluffs better" with Ash... Was actually really fun.

Was even better when I won since I got Clappy's "Character of the Year" award.

That being said, not a whole lot feels different. Which is good, I really liked the first one. Conversations are still enjoyable. Cast is still entertaining. So yeah I'm content.
(... Also those tags down there could be way better.... )

Last edited by Fubab_107; April 26, 2013 at 04:21:19 PM.
Old April 26, 2013, 04:40:30 PM
Giratina

I've had Poker Night 1 for a little while now, since before I upgraded my GPU, even. The dialogue exchange between characters from vastly different settings is pretty entertaining.

It's one of those games where you'll pick it up and play for it a bit, then stop for awhile, but then it pops in your head and you'll say to yourself, "You know what? That sounds pretty fun right about now." Then the cycle repeats itself.