Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 3, 2013, 01:14:26 PM
Haxorus

Default Game opinions thread

I've been thinking lately about a few games that I might want to get recently, and I thought this would be a great idea as a thread to just ask people about a game you're thinking about getting and seeing what their opinions are of it.
I'll start off: I've been thinking of getting that 4 Heroes of Light game on DS that came out back in 2010 and I was wondering if someone has an opinion on it.
Note: You can ask about a game without responding to the previous poster in case you don't have an opinion
Old May 4, 2013, 04:07:36 AM
Giratina

4 Heroes of Light, huh...? *wiki check* Oh, so it's another turn-based RPG. I've never found anything wrong with the turn-based RPG formula other than it requires a lot of grinding to not get destroyed by bosses immediately. If RPGs are your thing, then you might as well get it.

Once I cash out of TF2 trading, I should have somewhere around $30-$40 to spend on Steam, so I was thinking about getting Faster Than Light, Don't Starve, and Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, but I can't afford all three of them if I only have $40.
What do you guys think I should get?
Old May 4, 2013, 04:30:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
I'll start off: I've been thinking of getting that 4 Heroes of Light game on DS that came out back in 2010 and I was wondering if someone has an opinion on it.
Note: You can ask about a game without responding to the previous poster in case you don't have an opinion
I've played 4 Heroes of Light before. It certainly is a great game if you liked playing Final Fantasy 3 or Final Fantasy 5. (In my case, I played FF 3, so I liked the game). Though not my favorite, it definitely contains elements of original RPG games (the music in the game is amazing too if you like 8-bit sounds). This game does require a bit of grinding and you might die against bosses frequently, but that just shows you how challenging it can be. My only complaints are the money and inventory systems; they could be better.

8.5/10