Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

View Poll Results: How long does your 3DS (XL or not) last at your ideal settings?
Less than 3 hours (possibly shot battery?) 0 0%
3-4 hours 1 33.33%
4-5 hours 1 33.33%
5-7 hours 1 33.33%
7-9 hours 0 0%
Over 9 hours 0 0%
I don't have one. 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old May 4, 2013, 10:06:33 AM
Kyurem

Default How long does your 3DS (XL) last?

I've decided to do some informal testing with my newly-acquired 3DS XL, and what better way to measure it than to do it while playing through Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (off a SD card, not a cart) while I'm not done with the game?

I've noticed that...

At brightness 3, Wi-Fi turned on, power saving off, and set to 2D, I get exactly 7 hours before the battery indicator turns critical.

At brightness 5 (which isn't locked to charging only, unlike the 3DS which had different brightness 4 and 5 while unplugged), and everything else left the same, I get exactly 5 hours before the same thing happens.

I have about 15 minutes between the battery indicator turning 1 bar/low/red to blinking/critical.

I'm going to test how long it can go at brightness 1, power saving on, and everything unnecessary turned off. Who knows, maybe it'll hit double digits!

What about everyone else? (Try measuring things with a stopwatch (app).)
Old May 5, 2013, 04:54:08 AM
Giratina

Not sure exactly because I always keep it plugged in and I don't take it places very often because I feel like the battery dies so quickly, but I'd say it lasts between three and four hours.

Do they make batteries for the 3DS that last longer than the one that comes with the 3DS?