Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 6, 2013, 05:23:40 AM
Zoroark

Default Upcoming Zelda games

So as you should know if you're a fan of the Zelda series, there are 3 Zelda games coming up. 2 for this year and 1 that hasn't been given a release date. These 3 games are Wind Waker U, A Link to the Past 2, and Zelda Wii U. I'm looking forward to all 3 of these games. For the Wind Waker remake, I'm not asking for much other than a gamepad inventory similar to the one from OOT 3D. Maybe a separate button for the Wind Waker like how the ocarina had its own button. As for ALTTP 2, if it has DLC, it'd be cool if the DLC would be dungeons with villains not in the story of the game such as Ghirahim or Vaati. For Zelda Wii U, again I want a gamepad inventory. I also would like to see the art style of Skyward Sword to be used as that art style was stunning. As for controls, I really hope that Nintendo sticks to mainly traditional instead of motion controls because I REALLY don't like the way they handled it in Skyward Sword. It felt too gimmicky and didn't work well for me. I hope Link doesn't have an annoying companion like Fi or Navi and instead just has one that's likeable like Midna was. As for its place in the timeline, I kinda see it bringing all 3 of the split timelines back together. If that happens then I think you'd be able to choose which Link you'd wanna play as (Classic Link, Adult/Young Link, Toon Link) or maybe they'd work together in some fashion. That doesn't seem very likely though so I'd say they should go with using TP Link. So I wanna hear what you guys want. What would you like to see in these 3 games? Discuss!
Old June 6, 2013, 03:28:09 PM
Mudkip

Default Call me old fashion

The newer Zelda releases have lost their luster for me. Don't get me wrong. I am a long time Zelda fan, I grew up on OOT for N64, I even got a triforce tattoo on my left calf, but the newer games just don't feel the same. I realize that the series has evolved a lot over the years and that I can't expect OOT style gameplay from every title, but Wind Waker (the first one for Gamecube) felt very directed towards younger audiences. Thats of course my opinion and I'm sure many will could argue that parts of the game are difficult, but for me it felt rather easy, no real challange. I loved TP, it felt like OOT and MM. Spirt Tracks looked too much like Minish Cap to me so I didn't even try it. I don't own a Wii(nor do I plan to get one, I dont enjoy the interface) but if I did I would go for ALTTP 2. I like your idea of dungeon villian DLC, but I would also like to see some DLC trading quests. Swapping key items all over the game, the reward doesn't even have to be that awesome as long as the trading is interesting and challanging. Also in tune with Pokemon games, certain areas of the map and "side quests" sould be locked until you beat the game.
Old June 6, 2013, 06:18:51 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSaNeCards View Post
Wind Waker (the first one for Gamecube) felt very directed towards younger audiences. Thats of course my opinion and I'm sure many will could argue that parts of the game are difficult, but for me it felt rather easy, no real challange.
Toward younger audiences? Ganondorf CHOKES someone in the game and the Redeads..well, you know... I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with you.
Old June 7, 2013, 10:50:03 AM
Mudkip

Thumbs up I concur.

Well I wasn't referring directly to content I was more focusing on difficulty. Content is so hard to rate, choking someone to me isn't that violent considering what comes on TV, but thats my opinion. Also the game looks very "cartoony". Those are my reasons for saying its directed to younger audiences. But I wasn't trying to say its for little kids or anything, just that it has many themes that seem directed towards kids.

Last edited by NSaNeCards; June 7, 2013 at 10:50:46 AM. Reason: Spelling