Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which app seems the best/funniest?
Fake downloader 0 0%
Alarm clock 0 0%
Flasher 0 0%
Radio 1 25.00%
Gecko 3 75.00%
Strobe light 0 0%
MP3 Player 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old June 3, 2009, 07:21:28 AM
Charizard

Default The HomeBrew Channel

Its a third party channel, so I can't update my wii while its downloaded, but I can delete it and then update, and Nintndo will never know!
Even with that risk, its awsome.
What it is is a channel that uses programs stored on the SD card.
I downloaded an MP3 player app for the channel onto my sd card, so now I can listen to any songs stored on the card (Griffball FTW, and all the songs from PMD2)
Theres even an alarm clock. Useless most of the time, but funny
It also has the Gecko OS on it, which is like using an ActionReplay, and has moveswaps for Brawl. (Lucario<>Samus, Luigi<>Mario, Ness<>Lucas, Gannon<>CF)
It also has a Radio, a Strobe light, and this one that flashes wiimote lights in sequence.
Theres even this one app that will annoy you a lot if you actually try to use it. Its a FAKE warez downloader that PRETENDS to be loading, then it shows a few VERY realistic messeges about failing, then complains about the wii not having enough memory, then it displays a messege about the Wii being bricked, and you cant get a new one because the warranty is voided.
Then, right when the wii's owner is about to explode, it says it was joking and says not to use the Homebrew Channel for piracy
(read last part know-it-all )