Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 26, 2010, 04:41:46 PM
Regigigas

Thumbs down Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks

I think that Phantom Hourglass had a LOT of potential, but it was just really, really, short. Either I played it too much when I got it, or it actually is...short. The follow-up with Spirit Tracks really wasn't necessary, like, at all. I finished it in about three days and when it ended, I was all "what?" Did I already beat it? And that's it. If I had to pick between the two, it'd be PH, yeah. It gets a 7/10. I could have spent my money on something I wanted more at the time, cough pokemon pearl cough.

Spirit Tracks = Choo Choo, the train says. It's really meant for new players in the series.

Windwaker...nuff said.
Old September 26, 2010, 06:38:35 PM
Regigigas

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
I think that Phantom Hourglass had a LOT of potential, but it was just really, really, short. Either I played it too much when I got it, or it actually is...short. The follow-up with Spirit Tracks really wasn't necessary, like, at all. I finished it in about three days and when it ended, I was all "what?" Did I already beat it? And that's it. If I had to pick between the two, it'd be PH, yeah. It gets a 7/10. I could have spent my money on something I wanted more at the time, cough pokemon pearl cough.

Spirit Tracks = Choo Choo, the train says. It's really meant for new players in the series.

Windwaker...nuff said.
Well you are right about them being shorter than most TLOZ games but I actually enjoyed Spirit Tracks much more than PH Alot for the story but more for Little things like: you can ride a TRAIN!!,Zeldas a ghost, you can change back to your engineer clothes, and I enjoyed the the stamp stations.
But if you ask me Wind Waker didn't even need a follow up game enough was said at the end of it but instead they had to go along the same story, the same Link,Same Zelda etc. but don't get me wrong I know thats what a sequel is but PH was a completely uneeded game imagine if Nintendo made a follow up to OoT that answered all the timeless questions but ruined the story like Why cant I beat the damn running man!!, and what was the secret temple for? Then they make this Horendously stupid Antagonist thats not Ganondorf it would be ruining a classic not to mention it would piss off a bunch of fan boys...
Old September 27, 2010, 01:08:38 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiWishMaker View Post
Antagonist thats not Ganondorf it would be ruining a classic not to mention it would piss off a bunch of fan boys...
You're almost true. Majora's Mask was a decent sequel, though I really felt pressured by the time limit and eventually failed, Skull Kid was a pretty cool guy. Bellum, however, is a it. And that it sucked hard, in my opinion.
Old September 27, 2010, 01:16:15 PM
Landorus

Yeah, I didn't care much for Bellum. Fighting Linebeck, however, woah, I actually didn't see that coming. How stupid am I?
Old December 26, 2010, 07:39:02 PM
Haxorus

I think people aren't understanding this, ST took place 100 years after PH, note when Nico is extremely old, and when he gives a sword, he says its from "an old friend". Hence his old friend is Link from PH, so I have to say the game was very much necessary, but thats just my opinion.