Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 12, 2011, 01:50:00 PM
Haxorus

Default Audio thread! >:3

So! There's a thread for almost everything... >_>

Except for what we use to blast our tunes!

What do you guys use? :3 Software, audio quality boosters, soundcards, sound systems, headphones, portable players, whatevs... Whatcha listening to?!

Since I first learned about it some five or so years ago, I've used NOTHING but Winamp. I actually paid for the full service software, which is nearly limitless. It's compatible with just about every compression rate and file type, and it's beautiful, as well as highly customizable and expandable. >.>

On top of that, I have Realtek HD, which lets me screw with my sound endlessly, with tons of effects and other crap I don't even use... I mostly have it for better quality.

As for soundcards, I've already explained that in my Behemoth post...

My sound system at home is a RCA Premium ADL 7.1 Dolby. <.< She's not nearly as loud as my Cambridge, but it's VERY reliable, with no reverb and very little resonator discharge. Even at high volumes, it sounds like music, and not static.

And my personal use/on-teh-go sound is my new set of Skullcandy Titans, in black of course. n.n I usually put my Skullcrushers over them for absolute silence when necessary, and for style.

Personally, I think all of my soundgear is the best for me, but it may not be the best for everyone else. For instance, something that really grinds my Clink about my RCA is it's reaction time when I adjust the volume. I swear, by the time it finally hits the volume I set it at, the song I wanted to blast ended five minutes ago. >.< And Ink'd Skullcandy's are comfortable all around, but Titans stick out so far, they're uncomfortable when laying on them sideways.

Other gear/reviews? :3
Old June 12, 2011, 05:32:06 PM
Kyurem

My speaker system is some *****y Intel system (it's a laptop, so it's too much effort to use an external speaker system (and soundcard), and I usually use headphones), and with headphones I use Skullca--
Quote:
Originally Posted by .name//Technomancer View Post
Skullcandy Titans
<333

The programs I use are iTunes for buying songs and putting stuff on my iPod, and for everything else I use Winamp. I have Realtek HD drivers. I also have some more portable on-ear headphones but I can't remember what brand they are, and I used to have Sony Studio Monitor headphones but they broke and they sucked in the first place.

Weirdly my laptop's speakers sound better with higher volume.
Old June 13, 2011, 07:38:40 PM
Zoroark

I have a Creative Fatal1ty USB(HS-1000) Headset,it´s one of the best Headsets for under 100€,and it´s perfect to chat with them or make comentarys. <3
My Soundplayer?I used VLC Media Player since the first day I have a Laptop.

Ah,and Creative USB devices usually have X-Fi as driver,and it´s PERFECT. (Surround Sound,wich really sound´s like I´m in a room with 7.1 Speakers,Equalizer,Bass Boost without distortion,Sound,X-Fi Crystalizer makes the Sound even better and more stuff...) :3
Old June 29, 2011, 02:35:34 PM
Cyndaquil

Since I use laptop, windows is only telling me that I have a "High Quality Audio Device" so I guess its Toshiba's proprietary. But I took it to myself i Identify the drivers which were Realtek HD drivers. I have professional video and sound editors which are Sony SoundForge Pro 10 and Sony Vegas Pro 10. I remaster a bunch of music If needed to. But cause the speakers suck, I use earbuds and the earbuds I use are Bose IE2, I like to go more high quality and bass but less bulk so thats why I chose these.
Old June 30, 2011, 03:52:17 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuizelMaster View Post
Toshiba
PFFFFPFFTFFFPFFFPFFTF

And Vegas only works to a certain extent. You you just can't bring back certain compression rates.
Old June 30, 2011, 11:00:14 AM
Cyndaquil

I know I used to have ASUS but a series of unfortunate events lead me to Toshiba ¬_¬
Sometimes I use SoundForge instead of Vegas, it has iZotope integrated in it too