Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 21, 2011, 08:16:29 PM
Floatzel

Default One of my 9001 OU teams

Hello, this is one of my OU teams. Feel free to criticize and rate however you'd like.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Stone Edge

The quick sweeper. I picked Jolly over Adamant because if you need to, it gives you the extra speed. Plus exceeding speed is great with Dragon Dance.
Waterfall to cover pretty much anything. Stone Edge for coverage. Some people ask why bounce. It is just an amazing move and that screws up any Smeargle lead. and it's just for the extra power.

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch

This guy. This guy is the main sweeper. His defenses already make him hard to kill, plus with a Dragon Dance, he is hard to kill. I outspeed everything that doesn't involve Trick Room. x3 Except Dyoxys S. Ice Punch to cover dragons and flyers. Hi Jump Kick is in the air, deciding against that and Drain Punch. Crunch covers everything that isn't effected by any other moves and to kill psychics. Jolly for speed boost <3

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

OKAY. I HAVE GOTTEN A SPECIAL ATTACKER. NO ONE SUGGEST PLZ. xD
It's a standard set for a Starmie. xD

Garchomp (M) @ Haban Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Earthquake

HE ISN'T UBER. HATERS GONNA HATE.
Haban berry to counter the super effective attacks. Jolly for speed boost. EVs because you know why. This is the standard Sweeper.

Derp. (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

My healer and staller. This is better than Blissey, proved because I beat Blissey with this guy/girl. The moves and EVs are standard. Bold because it needs defense. Heal Bell to combat parahax and other teams that use status moves. Softboiled to recover health. Toxic to annoy.

Noir (Dusclops) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rest
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Curse

My last Pokemon, my Dusclops. This guy walls all day long. I mean ALL day long. I've won so many games because of him. Pain Split in case I'm running out of options and need to deal damage. Rest to regain health. Night Shade because pro. Curse... you know why. xD

That's my team! Feel free to rate and suggest!

Last edited by BlackRayquaza; August 22, 2011 at 05:53:59 PM.
Old August 21, 2011, 08:41:18 PM
Volcarona

My only issue is Chansey's HP EVs. It can be lowered, and it's Sp.Def should be raised. How it's split is up to you. Otherwise, fantastic job. I really love Gyarados.
Old August 21, 2011, 08:47:50 PM

See the bold sentences for my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRayquaza View Post
Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Stone Edge

The quick sweeper. I picked Jolly over Adamant because if you need to, it gives you the extra speed. Plus exceeding speed is great with Dragon Dance.
Waterfall to cover pretty much anything. Stone Edge for coverage. Some people ask why bounce. It is just an amazing move and that screws up any Smeargle lead. and it's just for the extra power.

Interesting, although Im still questioning the use of bounce, people dont really use Smeargle that much anymore. I would chose Earthquake over Bounce for Electric types.

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch

This guy. This guy is the main sweeper. His defenses already make him hard to kill, plus with a Dragon Dance, he is hard to kill. I outspeed everything that doesn't involve Trick Room. x3 Except Dyoxys S. Ice Punch to cover dragons and flyers. Hi Jump Kick is in the air, deciding against that and Drain Punch. Crunch covers everything that isn't effected by any other moves and to kill psychics. Jolly for speed boost <3

This thing really is a nightmare, I dont see anything majorly wrong with it, although if it gets burned, its done for. And I suggest Drain Punch over Hi Jump Kick cuz Scrafty is bulky and it needs a way to recover.

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge

This guy is the staller. I mean, huge power with rest to heal and sleep talking waterfall and double edge? I mean, what else is there to say about this guy?

Weird set O.o but even with the HP IV's Azumarill wont take a lot of supereffective hits. Double Edge isnt the best move to put on it, it needs Aqua Jet. Azumarill usually substitute then deal damage. I would replace Rest with Substitute, Sleep Talk with Focus Punch, and Double Edge with Aqua Jet.

- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Earthquake

HE ISN'T UBER. HATERS GONNA HATE.
Haban berry to counter the super effective attacks. Jolly for speed boost. EVs because you know why. This is the standard Sweeper.

Garchomp makes a great sweeper, its pretty good. The only thing that I would change is to put a Yache Berry on it instead of a Haban Berry.

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

My healer and staller. This is better than Blissey, proved because I beat Blissey with this guy/girl. The moves and EVs are standard. Bold because it needs defense. Heal Bell to combat parahax and other teams that use status moves. Softboiled to recover health. Toxic to annoy.

So now I see why you pack heal bell! It looks good, just watch out for Gengar.

- Rest
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Curse

My last Pokemon, my Dusclops. This guy walls all day long. I mean ALL day long. I've won so many games because of him. Pain Split in case I'm running out of options and need to deal damage. Rest to regain health. Night Shade because pro. Curse... you know why. xD

This thing is ANNOYING, but I works very well for your team.

That's my team! Feel free to rate and suggest!
Overall it looks good, but you have 4 physical sweepers; if Chansey gets knocked out and they get burned, it wont be good for you. I suggest putting 1 special sweeper in your team.....like a Starmie instead of Gyarados, I guess.
Old August 21, 2011, 09:13:05 PM
Giratina

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Stone Edge

Is this guy your lead? I hope not.. He will easily be taunted before he could set up Dragon Dance. This is a good set.

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 84 Atk / 96 Def / 172 Spd
Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

If it's not bulky you don't want to be running it. This outpaces jolteon, and is used to set up on things like Blissey, Skarmory and even Jellicent if it's packing will-o-wisp over Boil Over. This thing is easy to switch in, easier to set up and generally more fun to use.

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch

Very well set. I like it

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge

Unusuall, but ok. This guy is way to frail to even think about sleep. He tries to go to sleep, then BAM! He gets owned in the face. And if he DOES get away with it, there is always the accidental "Sleep Talk! Oh crap, he used rest..." sorta thing.. He should spend most of his time attacking. I use a choice set, as Azumarill is surprisingly strong.

- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Earthquake

I actually dont know if he is uber or not... Anyways, good set i guess.

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Basic set. Good enough. This wont do good against other blissey with seismic toss though. Blissey= More health, but this is still good.

- Rest
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Curse

Awesome set! I can see how this can work out
Old August 22, 2011, 02:44:07 AM
Rayquaza

Before rating your team, have you considered replacing Garchomp, which is now an Uber?
Old August 22, 2011, 07:43:19 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Before rating your team, have you considered replacing Garchomp, which is now an Uber?
He actually isn't uber. On our uber list here, he isn't on it. So, no. xD
They made him OU because B/W introduced things like awesome Ice Pokemon and stuff.