Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Minecraft

Notices

View Poll Results: What should happen to the world now that we're on 1.0?
Start fresh. We can make it better than before. 6 60.00%
Delete the world, but transfer user data. 2 20.00%
Delete everything outside the town. 1 10.00%
Delete everything past any current construction. 0 0%
Keep the map as-is. 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old November 19, 2011, 07:21:20 AM
Regigigas

Default Fate of the current server world

This poll is mainly for those who are currently white-listed on the server, but opinions from others is also welcome.

It was originally planned that once the full version of the game was released and CraftBukkit was updated for it, only the Nether would be deleted to allow for the new Nether features. However, a few people have felt that we should just start a new world to take advantage of the overworld features coming from the full version, most notably infinite strongholds, snow biomes and mushroom biomes. But that would also mean losing a lot of previous work.

What is your opinion on this? Should we start from scratch to take advantage of everything 1.0.0 has to offer? Do we just delete chunks passed what has been developed already and reuse the current seed? Or do we just leave the map as is and let the world build from there? Make note the current map goes at least 1000 meters in each direction.
Old November 19, 2011, 09:47:51 AM
Keldeo

When I came in it, the world sucked, not enough flat land. so yeah.

also not whitelisted btw.
Old November 19, 2011, 02:34:22 PM
Volcarona

My general thoughts are to wipe everything clean EXCEPT areas where people specifically request it to be left intact, like a specific person's house. I'm not sure exactly what is meant by "Delete everything passed [sic] any current construction." If it is possible to retain specific locations, that'd be my vote. However, if that means "preserve the area that encompasses all currently built locations, including the space inbetween", then I'd have to revise my vote to "Start Fresh".
Old November 20, 2011, 10:56:30 PM
Regigigas

Silly me forgot to make the results public, so the poll was redone. Please vote again.

Also added a new option. Transferring user data would let you bring anything you're holding into the newly-created world, as in anything in your personal 36 slot inventory.

Last edited by Shade; November 20, 2011 at 11:04:41 PM.