Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 7, 2010, 04:21:29 PM
Giratina

Default Team Reform

This team I am about to show you, is a team that I hope will be better than any team I have previously made. So, without a further ado, let's get started!

Lead: Omastar w/Leftovers
  • Relaxed(? need to check again)
  • 176 Def/ 80 Sp.Def/ 252 Hp
  • Stealth Rock, Spikes, Ice Beam, Surf
Some of it seems self-explanatory: Stealth rock and spikes to set up hazards. I will admit, this set was pretty much taken from Smogon. But I wanted a good special attacking lead that can also take physical hits, and Omastar fit the bill perfectly. The only thing I would truly have to worry about would be special grass leads, although, I don't know of any in the current OU metagame.

Machamp w/Flame Orb
  • Guts
  • Adamant (Obviously)
  • 252 Attack/ 188 Sp.Def/ 68 Def.
  • Bullet Punch, Brick Break, Payback, Ice Punch
Before you say anything, I made this set. This set is to utilize Machamp's other ability with a Flame Orb activation. This is also meant to be an all-out attacking set, that can also counter just about anything that tries to attack it. The only thing that I can think of (At the top of my head) that resists or is normally affected by this move set is Skarmory.

Drapion w/Life Orb
  • Sniper
  • Jolly
  • 4 Hp/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
  • Swords Dance, Crunch, Earthquake, Aqua Tail
Oh no! Not another set taken from Smogon! But I like this set, and Drapion, having an awkward typing, is only weak to one type. And that one type is covered with Aqua Tail. This set, even though Smogon calls it a "Swords Dance" set, I call it a "Sweeper". Sure, it may not be the most efficient sweeper, but it can get the job done when I special wall such as Blissy decides to stop my fun with Omastar. If such a thing happens, I can easily switch out to Drapion and set up for a potential sweep.

Roserade w/Leftovers
  • Natural Cure
  • Calm
  • 236 Hp/ 160 Sp. Def/ 112 Speed
  • Shadow Ball, Leech Seed, Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb
This set was partial made by me, I did get some inspiration from Smogon. The first thing that might catch your eye is Leech Seed, this is to do one of two things:
1. Force a switch
2. Wall breaking/Tank Busting
The other thing you might notice are the moves Energy Ball and Sludge Bomb. I wanted moves that were powerful, accurate, had a decent amount of PP and take advantage of STAB. I designed this set to be a partial special sweeper and a nuisance to just about any one that isn't a rapid spinner.

Forretress w/Shed Shell
  • Relaxed
  • 252 Hp/ 112 Attack/ 144 Def.
  • Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Gyro Ball, Earthquake
YES I KNOW THIS IS A SET FROM SMOGON!! I needed a physical tank that could also dish out hits to those who aren't prepared (which they most likely will be). You probably noticed the move Toxic Spikes, and then you might've immediately noticed the fact that I have all three entry hazards. I wanted to try using all of the entry hazards at once, but I'm not going to make it a priority to get all three up at one after another. The only thing I really need to worry about while using this Pokémon is Magnezone or Special Infernape. I can deal with Magnezone with the Shed Shell, and for the Infernape, I can deal with that with my next Pokémon.

Uxie w/Leftovers
  • Bold
  • 4 Hp/ 252 Def./ 252 Sp. Def.
  • Thunder Wave, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Light Screen
This is my modification to Smogon's "Support" set. I wanted a Special wall, but I got a two-fer with Uxie - being a physical and special wall and all. With the switch-in to Uxie walling tanks/sweepers, Thunder Wave compliments that by crippling said sweeper/tank. Psychic and Thunderbolt are there just for the double move (and Thunderbolt just so happens to be my only electric attacking move). Light Screen is the only real "Support" move, and it is mainly there to "Support" Forretress and Machamp, who are both very vulnerable to special attacks.

Please notice, I didn't think too incredibly hard about this team.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; December 24, 2010 at 10:15:19 AM.
Old December 24, 2010, 07:21:34 AM
Zoroark

Looks pretty good to me. THough you may want to switch Machamp's Ice Punch for avalanche, because if you go second, you'll get twice the damage in.

I also noticed your EV spread for Uxie. It's probably some mistake, but 252, 252, and 128 isn't possible.
Old December 24, 2010, 09:54:04 AM
Rayquaza

I can see a major Heatran weakness. Also, I suggest to change Omastar since it is not capable of surviving the most used leads these days. Many, or most Azelf have Grass Knot due to Swampert, and this it does affect Omastar. Machamp is also strong against you since Dynamic Punch is super effective, and if it doesn't OHKO, it will cause the annoying confusion. We must not forget Roserade who can easily OHKO you. Obviously, Forretress does counter it, unless you are countered with Hidden Power (Fire). Again, we can say that Swampert can affect your lead effectively with Earthquake.
Old December 24, 2010, 10:14:28 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemoneinstein View Post
I also noticed your EV spread for Uxie. It's probably some mistake, but 252, 252, and 128 isn't possible.
Yea I noticed that when I put this team into Shoddy. *Facepalm*

EDIT: Also, Spirit, feel free to close this thread because I already tried this team on Shoddy. It didn't work and I'm working a new team right now.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; December 24, 2010 at 10:16:33 AM.