Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Walkthroughs and Let's Plays

Notices

View Poll Results: Should I do a Nuzlocke run in FireRed, Emerald, or Platinum?
FireRed 6 28.57%
Emerald 2 9.52%
Platinum 13 61.90%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old January 8, 2011, 09:56:35 AM
Giratina

Default SK and RK's Nuzlocke Runs

...That's right, I'm going to attempt a Nuzlocke run, and RK will be right there with me (he will update his run in the below post). First I saw Kaz doing it, and that he learned it from Flow. Seems to be something the has recently popped up on VR and it has become quite interesting to me. Please do comment on this thread, in fact, I insist that you do.

Nuzlocke Run Main Rules    
1. Once Pokemon faint, they are done. No more using them and no revives.

2. You can only catch one Pokemon in each area you visit (already-caught Pokemon are an exception), and you can only catch the first one that you see. Same goes in the Safari Zone, one per area.

I have decided that the run is going to be done on Platinum, it has started and I will have an update on what's gone on and what my team is after each time that I play. Another thing - I plan to nickname my Pokemon, which is something I usually don't do. Updates on my run are found below.

Updates    

A New Beginning - Saturday, Jan 8    
Another beginning to a Pokemon game.. How many times have I done this? Well, let us begin with names. I named myself Nuzlcke (7 character limit >_>) and my rival RK-9. :3 After almost being fined 10 million Pokedollars, I chose Chimchar is my starter, and then beat RK with 8/22 HP left. Then I grabbed my running shoes and dashed over to Sandgem, after meeting Cyrus. In Rowan's lab, Chimchar was nicknamed Blaze, and I got my PokeDex. Back to Twinleaf I went to say goodbye to my mom, after spending my money on Pokeballs and the like. To Jubilife I soon headed. o3o On the way there, I unfortunately had a Kricketot faint and was no longer able to catch Pokemon on that route. After a little training and a couple Pokemon battles, I saved the game in Jubilife. Play time, 1:01.

Party
Blaze Lv. 10
Key Items Obtained! - Sunday, Jan 9    
RK was sure happy to receive his two Town Maps and was kind enough to hand one over to me. What a nice guy. ;3 After that I talked to some clowns and got my Poketch.

Party
Blaze Lv. 10
New Team Members - Monday, Jan 10    
North of Jubilife I headed to attempt a Pokemon capture, and lucky I was as a level 5 Shinx appeared! It was caught in a Premier Ball and named Lux.  I want to train her after my Blaze won some battles. My rival RK was my next opponent, but Blaze was a beast and owned both of his Pokemon. o3o No damage taken. I went in the grass after the battle and got me a Starly, member #3 to my team... BUT I FORGOT TO NICKNAME IT. >_< I suppose I'll fix that after gym #1. But anyway, I soon moved on and beat some trainers, and Blaze evolved into Monferno! After some training, I saved the game and took a break. Oreburgh is next.  Play time, 2:07.

Party
Blaze Lv. 14
Lux Lv. 10
Starly Lv. 7
To Oreburgh! - Monday, Jan 10    
Oh man, 2 updates in a day. Now it's getting serious. Anyway, I trained Starly and headed off to Oreburgh City. Into Oreburgh Gate I went and OH MAN PSYDUCK! I feel lucky, again. :3 After 4 Poke Balls the pesky critter was captured and named Lucky Duck. xD Then I got HM06 Rock Smash and fought some battles, then ended up in Oreburgh, my destination. Game saved.

Party
Blaze Lv. 15
Lux Lv. 10
Starly Lv. 10
:54: Lucky Duck Lv. 5
My First Badge! - Tuesday, Jan 11    
...Apparently the gym leader Roark was in the mines, so I would have to head down there soon. But first I went north and caught a Machop, giving it the name "Buff Guy" because.. Yus. :3 Over to the mines I went, and of course.. Zubat appears. .-. But I caught the useless dude and named him Joe. After that, I got Roark to go back to his gym, then healed up and entered gym #1 on my path to the Elite Four. After defeating the trainers in the middle for extra training, then going back to the Pokemon Center once more, I now stood right in front of the gym leader himself. The fist matchup was his Geodude against my Blaze. 2 Mach Punches was all it took, but I had been Stealth Rock'd. Onix was next up, a much tougher opponent. It did some damage but was finished off with more Mach Punches. Blaze had leveled up once again and now faced Cranidos... But, holy crap! 1 Mach Punch was all it took and I was victorious. Only 7 badges to go. Game saved. Play time, 3:00.

Party
Blaze Lv. 18
Lux Lv. 10
Starly Lv. 10
:54: Lucky Duck Lv. 5
:66: Buff Guy Lv. 5
:41: Joe Lv. 5
Team Galactic - Friday, Jan 14    
Alright, well, sorry for taking a break but I was busy the past few days.  To recap, I've just recieved badge #1, so now I'm heading over to Jubilife again. Once I got there I trained Lucky Duck and Buff Guy, then went to face Team Galactic. Dawn and I owned them, and Floaroma Town was now my next destination. :3 I got there after a few battles, also catching a Budew on the way and naming it Drew, after the dude with the Roselia in the anime.  After a quick heal up, I saved the game. Play time, 4:02.

Party
Blaze Lv. 19
Lux Lv. 12
Starly Lv. 10
:66: Buff Guy Lv. 10
:54: Lucky Duck Lv. 9
Drew Lv. 9
Galactic in Floaroma - Saturday, Jan 15    
Now in Floaroma, I was closer to Eterna City, the next location for a gym badge. Lo and behold, Team Galactic was blocking my way. After owning the grunt at the door or Valley Windworks I went over to Floaroma meadows tot get the key to said building, and beat some more grunts in the process. :3 Back to the Valley Windworks I went with the key, and entered to find more grunts, all of whom were obliterated. ^_^ Commander Mars now stood in front of me. I lol'd when she sent out a Zubat, but Purugly was her next choice.. Owait, Mach Punch. :3 2 of those, and Team Galactic was sent out of Floaroma Town. I also caught a Shellos outside of Valley Widworks but forgot to name it.. That's okay, though, because I didn't want to use it right now. When I play again, Eterna will be the target.  Game saved. Play time, 4:21.

Party
Blaze Lv. 21
Lux Lv. 12
:66: Buff Guy Lv. 10
Starly Lv. 10
Drew Lv. 9
Journey to Eterna, Monday Jan 17    
North of Floarama I headed with gym badge #2 in my sights. Many trainers were left in my wake as I now stood in Eterna Forest, with my new companion Cheryl. Off we headed, and as we both had very strong Pokemon, the battles we faced were quite easy and we both had safely made it to Eterna City. And Cheryl game me a darn Soothe Bell. >_> At this point I healed up and started a bit of training, then saved the game. Play time, 5:30.

Party
Blaze Lv. 27
Lux Lv. 15
:66: Buff Guy Lv. 13
Starly Lv. 11
Drew Lv. 9

Graveyard    
Dead Pokemon go here. Pay your respects. 

- None!

Last edited by SK; January 17, 2011 at 01:46:36 PM.
Old January 8, 2011, 02:51:32 PM
Haxorus

OOH SK'S SO GENEROUS HE'S LETTING ME DO MY PLAT NUZLOCKE RUN (which WILL turn out horribly) here! Thank you SK, and with that, I start!

But before, here are the rules.

1) A fainted pokemon is a lost one! No exceptions.
2) Potions are unlimited! : D
3) You have to catch the first pokemon of the area you see unless you already have it.
4) Pokemon centers are also unlimited!
5)Nickname all pokemon for extra bondage! <3

Also, I'll post ˚∆˚ when I lose a Pokemon. It's a sad time, so sad faces will be had!

RKtime!    
January 11 (fuuuu):Begin the games!    
 So I start! Rowan talks about me, asks questions like he doesn't know me and my rival already and I spawn after tedious questions! twelve hours of watching TV and I'm off! But apparently, I can't walk 2 steps without getting fined 10$ million, by my rival SC! OOH HOW FAILURETASTIC. Also apparently, moms can hear you creeping down stairs, odd. I am warned for tall grass as I am heading for my friends house, I'm glad I shouldn't see any grass there. Enough with the chat! I skip along to SC's house, go upstairs, watch him chat on VR, then head for where he's heading. After getting scolded a bit, I chose a fancy Turtwig and am ready to fight SC with his....Chimchar?! OH GAWD. Atleast I won and grew to level 6! Wow, 14 HP left. I now go to home (RUNNING SHOES YEY ) then Sandgem. Hooray, Sand gems! My turtwig reaches level 7, a usually big milestone! I get my Pokedex.

PARTY
TurtwigX L7

GRAVEYARD

Last edited by RK-9; January 11, 2011 at 01:04:11 PM.
Old January 8, 2011, 03:31:23 PM
Kyurem

lol This seems cool, SK. Can't wait to see more.
Old January 8, 2011, 07:01:50 PM
Haxorus

Was hearing you talk about this in the chat, but whats a Nuzlocke run?
Old January 8, 2011, 07:03:09 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekrom123 View Post
Was hearing you talk about this in the chat, but whats a Nuzlocke run?
It's a special way of going through a Pokemon game that makes it quite a bit more challenging. The rules are in the first post in the first spoiler.
Old January 9, 2011, 09:13:22 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
...That's right, I'm going to attempt a Nuzlocke run, and RK will be right there with me (he will update his run in the below post). First I saw Kaz doing it, and that he learned it from Flow. Seems to be something the has recently popped up on VR and it has become quite interesting to me. Please do comment on this thread, in fact, I insist that you do.

Nuzlocke Run Main Rules    
1. Once Pokemon faint, they are done. No more using them and no revives.

2. You can only catch one Pokemon in each area you visit (already-caught Pokemon are an exception), and you can only catch the first one that you see. Same goes in the Safari Zone, one per area.

I have decided that the run is going to be done on Platinum, it has started and I will have an update on what's gone on and what my team is after each time that I play. Another thing - I plan to nickname my Pokemon, which is something I usually don't do. Updates on my run are found below.

Updates    

A New Beginning - Saturday, Jan 8    
Another beginning to a Pokemon game.. How many times have I done this? Well, let us begin with names. I named myself Nuzlcke (7 character limit >_>) and my rival RK-9. :3 After almost being fined 10 million Pokedollars, I chose Chimchar is my starter, and then beat RK with 8/22 HP left. Then I grabbed my running shoes and dashed over to Sandgem, after meeting Cyrus. In Rowan's lab, Chimchar was nicknamed Blaze, and I got my PokeDex. Back to Twinleaf I went to say goodbye to my mom, after spending my money on Pokeballs and the like. To Jubilife I soon headed. o3o On the way there, I unfortunately had a Kricketot faint and was no longer able to catch Pokemon on that route. After a little training and a couple Pokemon battles, I saved the game in Jubilife. Play time, 1:01.

Party
Blaze Lv. 10
Key Items Obtained! - Sunday, Jan 9    
RK was sure happy to receive his two Town Maps and was kind enough to hand one over to me. What a nice guy. ;3 After that I talked to some clowns and got my Poketch.

Party
Blaze Lv. 10

Graveyard    
Dead Pokemon go here. Pay your respects. 

- None!
<3 I'm so generous of giving that map to you! : D
Old January 9, 2011, 11:26:43 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK-9 View Post
<3 I'm so generous of giving that map to you! : D
Oh yes, it will be quite useful when I am locating you so that I can find you and beat teh poo out of you with Blaze. >:3 Or something similar.

Last edited by SK; January 9, 2011 at 11:33:53 AM.
Old January 10, 2011, 02:45:31 PM
Kyurem

Haha watch you get a Zubat or something dumb like that in Oreburgh mine.

I would like that!
Old January 10, 2011, 02:59:49 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Haha watch you get a Zubat or something dumb like that in Oreburgh mine.

I would like that!
I'll make it work. >:3 Gotta get my Zubats, dawg.
Old January 10, 2011, 04:32:21 PM
Kyurem

Then you gotta name it SC and evolve into Crobat, dawg. <33

Last edited by Shiny; January 10, 2011 at 04:32:28 PM.
Old January 11, 2011, 02:59:37 PM
Kyurem

Oh gracious I fell behind on reading updates. O__o But looks like you got that Zubat! Yeah! Can not wait to read more!
Old January 11, 2011, 03:51:54 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Oh gracious I fell behind on reading updates. O__o But looks like you got that Zubat! Yeah! Can not wait to read more!
Yes I did get a Zubat. I blame you. xD Thanks for reading. ;3