Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 24, 2011, 08:22:42 PM
Cyndaquil

Default A Gen V RMT

I present to you a team like none other that I have made, in which it doesn't lose as much matches. >_>

Starmie (Genderless) EVs - 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
IVs - 30 Att / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
Moves:
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Hydro Pump
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice beam

Standard Starmie, the main Special Attacker of my team, takes out most of the Pokemon I face because of its speed. Hidden Power Fire handles Scizor, Ferrothorn and Magnezone while Thunderbolt and Ice beam take out anything except Magnezone, which is handled by HP fire. And finally, Hydro Pump is Starmie's Main STAB to provide a punch.

Haxorus (Male) EVs - 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Rivalry
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack)
Moves:
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Taunt
~ Dragon Dance

Haxorus is the late game powerhouse of my team. The amount of power he dishes out with Rivalry STAB Outrage is insane. Haxorus has 432 Attack and 293 Speed, which can outspeed quite a lot of things, surprisingly. Its defensive stats aren't terrible, as it can take a few hits and KO in return. One DD gives him 648 Attack, enough to plow through many-a-thing. Don't believe me? It can do over 50% to male Skarmory and Ferrothorn, and that's with resistance to Dragon type moves. Rivalry boosts its move's base power if it's against the same gender Pokemon, which is quite common on servers, and Adamant nature for obvious reasons.

Outrage is his main attack, boosted by Rivalry, becomes 150 base power. It destroys most things regardless of resistance, just ask Skarmory or Ferrothorn.
Earthquake is for the Pokemon that resist Outrage, e.g. Tyranitar.
Taunt is for Skarmory, or other persistent walls and Dragon Dance is for setup. Once Haxorus gets that extra Speed and Attack, little can stop him.

Dusclops (Female) EVs - 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef

Item: Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Relaxed (+Defense, -Speed)
Moves:
~ Pain Split
~ Calm Mind
~ Ice Beam
~ Will-O-Wisp

And here's an original set, Calm Mind Eviolite Dusclops!

Max HP and Def make it physically defensive, with Eviolite, brings its Defense to 591. While it does leave its Special Defense at 297, Calm Mind can boost it to astronomical levels, and it's that bulky, it can reach +6 with no effort. (Around 1000 Special Defense isn't anything to laugh at.)

Ice beam is used in the presence of a taunter. I chose Ice beam because Ice is an excellent attacking type, being able to neutrally damage Skarmory and Ferrothorn, and doing x4 damage on Gliscor.

Will-O-Wisp is to stop Scizor and Tyranitar in their tracks trying to ruin my fun by Pursuiting. It also works very well on all Physical Attackers not named Conkeldurr.

Pain Split is for when I need to recover to carry on Dusclops' reign.

Conkeldurr (Female) EVs - 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack)
Moves:
~ Drain Punch
~ Bulk Up
~ Payback
~ Mach Punch

This thing just rips teams apart. When played right, it can usually take out half a team. It's pretty simple: Bulk Up, Drain Punch everything that doesn't resist it, Payback everything that does, and Mach Punch for Priority and Excadrill.

Darmanitan (Female) EVs - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Special Attack)
Moves:
~ Flare Blitz
~ Superpower
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake

Flare Blitz destroys stuff, and it's boosted by STAB and Sheer Force. Rock Slide is another move with a boost from Sheer Force, and I use it to handle Chandelure. Earthquake is for Rock and Steel types and Superpower is for a similar reason. He usually always KOs a Pokemon.

Chansey (Female) EVs - 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Sp.Def

Item: Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold (+Defense, -Attack)
Moves:
~ Ice Beam
~ Softboiled
~ Thunder Wave
~ Seismic Toss

The poke I use when I need a little more defense than Dusclops, this does the job well. Ice beam to attack with, Softboiled to heal, Thunder wave to inflict paralysis and Seismic Toss to Inflict fixed damage when Ice beam doesn't do the job. (Usually every time)

Well, what do you think? Post your opinions on this thread if you want.

Last edited by Biohazard; August 25, 2011 at 03:41:47 AM.