Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 19, 2011, 06:30:53 PM
Charizard

Default Weather Team

This team focuses on Weather, along with being the first team I've ever made in Pokemon (DISALLOWED). A simple asking if my team's any good is all I request. All levels are 100.
---------

Minuko (Floatzel)
Lax Nature
Hold Item: Damp Rock
Attack: 108
Defense: 56
Sp.Atk: 76
Sp.Def: 52
Speed: 124
Aqua Tail/Rain Dance/Ice Beam/Surf

Allegro (Altaria, Shiny)
Docile Nature
Hold Item: Sky Plate
A: 72
D: 88
Sp.A: 72
Sp.D: 104
Spd: 96
Dragon Dance/Dragon Rush/Perish Song/Sky Attack

Vesivus (Typhlosion)
Relaxed Nature
Hold Item: Heat Rock
A: 80
D:84
Sp.A: 76
Sp.D: 104
Spd: 80
Sunny Day/SolarBeam/Eruption/ThunderPunch

Bark (Beartic)
Rash Nature
Hold Item: Lum Berry
A: 108
D: 80
Sp.A: 92
Sp.D: 80
Spd: 48
Blizzard/Hail/Sheer Cold/Rest

Tempest (Flygon)
Naughty Nature
Hold Item: Smooth Rock
A: 104
D: 80
Sp.A: 80
Sp.D: 76
Spd: 88
Sandstorm/Earthquake/Draco Meteor/Fly

Jack Zapp (Jolteon)
Quiet Nature
Hold Item: Magnet
A: 64
D: 60
Sp.A: 108
Sp.D: 100
Spd: 112
Rain Dance/Pin Missile/Thunder/Volt Switch
Old November 20, 2011, 12:06:58 PM
Kyurem

When making an RMT, it is more important to post EVs instead of base stats. People can check base stats in an instant, and they are constant. Such is not the case with EVs.

The main problem with this team is that it utilizes every kind of weather. It simply is not practical to waste a turn every time you bring out a Pokemon to set up weather, especially when only one Pokemon on the team (or none) benefit from the weather.

Next up is natures. If you are playing on PO, you have your pick of natures, and as a result you should pick the ones that are most beneficial. You have some pretty harmful natures, such as Quiet on Jolteon. Jolteon relies purely on Speed, and Quiet lowers Speed in favor of Sp.Atk. Here is a handy guide for natures in case you are unsure of which nature does what.

So, clearly, the biggest issue is the fact that you are using four kinds of weather. You get almost no benefits, and the few benefits that you DO get are short-lived. Hail is wasted on Beartic's low Sp.Atk and Speed, and Sheer Cold is an illegal move anyway. Flygon is immune to Sandstorm, but that does not necessarily mean that teaching it Sandstorm is a good move. You will only do a little bit of damage, and without a Pokemon like Gliscor or Terrakion the sand is going to waste.

Finally is the choice of Pokemon. A lot of them rank rather lowly competitively, which means that they are either outclassed by other Pokemon or can't stand up to a lot of common threats. Or both.

If I were to give any advice it would be to try and stick with one kind of weather. You should probably take advantage of the multiple instant weather-starters to make a team centered around weather, since there is one legal Pokemon for every kind of weather. (Politoed, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Ninetales, Abomasnow).