Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 29, 2012, 02:12:02 PM
Cyndaquil

Default ideas for an online team

I have never played online, but I have been playing around trying to come up with ideas for a gen V team I will list it here hoping for some help as I know very little of competitive battling

Samurott
Surf - Swords Dance - aquajet - retaliate
Surf to do some massive STAB damage, Swords dance to up the attack and be able to hit hard and fast with aqua jet, aqua jet to hit fast and surprise my opponent, retaliate to be able to deal massive damage when other pokemon faint

Leavanny
Bug bite - Leaf Blade - Swords Dance - Shadowclaw or X-Scissor
Bug bite to eat possible berries and to some good STAB damage to dark and grass pokemon, Leaf Blade to deal Hard STAB damage to a lot of pokemon, Swords Dance to up it's already great attack and hit even harder, the two last attacks to deal good damage, haven't decides which to use as they both are good in some situations

Sigilyph with Magic Guard ability
Psychic - Airslash - Miracle Eye - Fly
Psychic and air slash is to do heavy STAB damage, Miracle Eye to take down possible dark types, and fly just to annoy my opponent.

Excadrill with Sand Force ability
Earthquake - Sandstorm - Swords Dance - Rockslide
Earthquake and Rockslide to deal damage, Swords Dance and Sandstorm to up my attack by a great deal !

Sawk
Brick Break - Double Team - Bulk up - Retaliate
Brick Break to do some massive stab damage, Douvle Team just to annoy my opponent by making it hard to hit me, Bulk up to get some real damage off, and Retaliate for counter attacks

Darmanitan
Fire Punch - Work Up - Headbutt - Flare Blitz or Hammer Arm
Fire Punch for STAB damage, headbutt to deal hard damage to a lot of types, Work Up to get stronger, and the last two where I have not decided on which to pick to deal some extreme damage !

please give me some help on EV's and natures, also if you have any suggestions to the setups, please let me knoe ^^
Old January 31, 2012, 06:15:55 PM

Hmm. You have the descriptions, some abilities, and moves down, but it would really help if you posted the Pokemon's nature, EV spread, and held item. Doing that would make your team a lot more clear to evaluate. But for now, see the bold for my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maztaroth View Post
I have never played online, but I have been playing around trying to come up with ideas for a gen V team I will list it here hoping for some help as I know very little of competitive battling

Samurott
Surf - Swords Dance - aquajet - retaliate
Surf to do some massive STAB damage, Swords dance to up the attack and be able to hit hard and fast with aqua jet, aqua jet to hit fast and surprise my opponent, retaliate to be able to deal massive damage when other pokemon faint

Ah Samurott , he's a great pokemon to use. Retaliate on Samurott is interesting - unique even. However, as I see you try to run a physical attacking set, hence from the Swords Dance, you also have it know Surf, a special attack. In order to have a stronger physical move, I would replace Surf with Waterfall or Razor Shell.

Leavanny
Bug bite - Leaf Blade - Swords Dance - Shadowclaw or X-Scissor
Bug bite to eat possible berries and to some good STAB damage to dark and grass pokemon, Leaf Blade to deal Hard STAB damage to a lot of pokemon, Swords Dance to up it's already great attack and hit even harder, the two last attacks to deal good damage, haven't decides which to use as they both are good in some situations

One small problem I see on Leavany is its two Bug type moves. Bug Bite wont do much good in competitive battling as very few pokemon have berries as their held items. So I would substitute Bug Bite with X Scissor instead. I rarely see Leavany have Shadow Claw as a move. Its not a bad choice, but I think Shadow Claw should be replaced by Substitute so it can set up Swords Dances behind a sub.

Sigilyph with Magic Guard ability
Psychic - Airslash - Miracle Eye - Fly
Psychic and air slash is to do heavy STAB damage, Miracle Eye to take down possible dark types, and fly just to annoy my opponent.

Sigilyph is a cool pokemon, Psychic and Air Slash are perfect moves for it. Miracle Eye is odd to see on it, as even if you could attack Dark types, they could probably finish your Sigilyph off before it can attack. Fly is more of an in game move, not a competitive move. The move Roost would be a great substitute for Fly.

Excadrill with Sand Force ability
Earthquake - Sandstorm - Swords Dance - Rockslide
Earthquake and Rockslide to deal damage, Swords Dance and Sandstorm to up my attack by a great deal !

Sand Force makes Excadrill a very formidable pokemon, especially in a Sandstorm. I don't see anything wrong with the set, just watch out for pokemon that could outspeed it.

Sawk
Brick Break - Double Team - Bulk up - Retaliate
Brick Break to do some massive stab damage, Douvle Team just to annoy my opponent by making it hard to hit me, Bulk up to get some real damage off, and Retaliate for counter attacks

Hmm, I see Sawk has Double Team. If you didn't know, Double Team is a banned move in the current metagame; you are unable to use that move in standard competitive battling. Brick Break looks good, although I think Close Combat would be better. Some other moves you might want to consider for Sawk are Earthquake and Stone Edge. If Sawk has the Sturdy ability, you can give it Counter to suprise your opponents with it ^^

Darmanitan
Fire Punch - Work Up - Headbutt - Flare Blitz or Hammer Arm
Fire Punch for STAB damage, headbutt to deal hard damage to a lot of types, Work Up to get stronger, and the last two where I have not decided on which to pick to deal some extreme damage !

Hoho Darmanitan, what a powerhouse this thing is. Darmanitan is a very powerful physical attacker; I would even make all its moves physical attacks. Flare Blitz is definitely worth having on this thing. The other 3 physical attacks I would recommend are: Superpower, Earthquake, and U-Turn.

please give me some help on EV's and natures, also if you have any suggestions to the setups, please let me knoe ^^
Old January 31, 2012, 10:21:00 PM
Cyndaquil

Tanks for the thought ! I can see your points and will now go play with my team ^^
But as for EV's and natures, I have to do some studying, because I know by little of those two things ^^