Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 12, 2014, 03:58:18 AM
Volcarona

Lightbulb The True Calling Thread

For years, I've been wondering what my true calling in life would be. Well, I don't know exactly what the title would be but I do know some of what it would involve, and that's what I made the thread for...

to help people find out what it is they want to do in life.

I'll start it this way:

My true calling in life is ______.

My reasons:

1: I'm always fascinated by different countries, their stories, their language, and their contributions to mankind.

2: I want to travel the world and learn more about my fellow man.

3: I look for the best in everything, and even if I don't find it, I know it exists somewhere. Once I find it, I let the whole world know it's there.

4: I'm a very generous soul with a big heart and an open mind.

5: I want to be known for inspiring even the lowliest of souls to enjoy living once again.

6: I love animals! :3

7: I love writing fiction and creating stories that enrich the lives of others through the lessons they teach.

8: I believe the purpose of life is to celebrate it by becoming a living example.

9: I believe the human race isn't getting enough praise for what we've created so far, nor for the sheer, untapped potential it has.

10: I want to be known as the "St. Nicolas" of the 21st century. I love gift-giving to people and causes that really want and deserve it.

11: And above all others, I always try to do the right thing. No matter how many mistakes I make, it will always be an honest mistake, even in judgement. I stay true to what I know is right.

-----------------

What do you think my true calling is?
What things make up your true calling, if you didn't know what it was?

-----------------

This is not a game thread where you have to answer the person above you. You can answer anyone's post anywhere on this thread.
Old July 12, 2014, 04:38:19 AM
Kyurem

Whatever your calling may be, you certainly have ambitions. You have a strong moral compass and an idealistic outlook, perhaps even teetering on the edge of naďveté.

In my opinion, your calling will most likely be something that helps people, that provides for people, because that's actively what you want to do. It may not be the most lucrative of careers, but it will feel right, and you wouldn't want to touch anything else with a barge pole.

I'll add my stuff later; I don't have the time right now.