Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 15, 2011, 08:18:48 AM
Volcarona

Lightbulb Shrouded in Mystery

This RP has a mystery-solving plot and involves using brain-power, common sense, and some improvising to overcome the various challenges of this RP. That's not to say it doesn't have any danger in it. The goal is to solve a mystery that threatens a small town while being as secretive as possible to avoid prompting the villagers to evacuate.

There are plenty of things to see in this RP.

Okay, rules are rules:

1: We take turns in the RP based on the order of who signed up. That way, we don't have a whole lot of confusion.

Clarification - Connec was last to post, but first to sign up, due to personal problems.

Here's the order of posting

Me
Connec
Idno
Umbreon

2: There can be no two pokemon that are the same, unless there are visible differences in gender...please don't get any funny ideas.

3: The RP characters do not attack each other until I deem it necessary. This is an RP that involves teamwork and everyone's skills, not senseless battles.

4: Do NOT change the storyline in any way. Don't create things I didn't, unless I give permission too.

5: Enjoy the RP . I'm pretty lenient when it comes to accidental rule-breaking, as you can edit your posts. Just don't get on my nerves.

6: Provide a brief description of your character. If you want to go in depth, that's fine, but don't take up the entire page in one post.

7: Please try to be active enough that the RP progresses at a reasonable pace. If I get lazy on it, remind me, and I'll get to it (provided nothing stupid happens IRL).

Character Slots:

1: Armed Floatzel - Jared/M/Furret, Justin/M/Grovyle
2: Connec10 - Zanovich/M/Typhlosion
3: Idno58 - Dave-Patrick/M/Mr. Mime
4: Umbreon7 - Tyler/M/Lucario

Name: Jared & Justin

Species: Both used to be human, but due to an event in their early teen years, they are now pokemon.

Personality: What you could call a dynamic duo. Jared is a half-serious guy who likes to have fun and jokes around with his brother, Justin. Adventurers by nature, although Jared tends to call the shots. They can get a job done when it counts. Both are clever when they have a plan, and are pretty skilled with speaking to an authority figure. Justin makes a good number of comments on various things, especially if the things are strange.

Relationship(s): Both are single.

Friends and family: Both are among those who were attacked by a mysterious Ditto who had the power to transform people into pokemon. They still attend school, despite their fairly recent transformations. Those who were attacked have formed a social group where they can talk about their experiences. Their parents are human, which sometimes leads to some interesting responses from people who never knew about their pasts.

End of description.

Once they're gone, they're gone. I will start the first post in the story.

All slots have been filled.

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; January 17, 2011 at 08:30:56 AM.
Old January 15, 2011, 10:56:43 AM
Landorus

Hmm.. these guys sound kind of familiar...

Anyway, I'm in.

Name: Dave-Patrick

Species: Mr. Mime

Personality: Dave is generally a very happy and optimistic individual who always looks at the bight side of things and usually lets things off as an "Oh, well." However, he was accidentally possessed by a demon by the name of Patrick, who is generally very serious and doesn't take kindly to things that don't go his way. Dave tends to laugh at things, however, Patrick tends to take more action. The two bicker quite often, but when they agree on things, their cooperative power is tremendous.

Relationships: Dave is interested in women, but Patrick couldn't care less.

Abilities: Dave likes to use defensive and supporting moves such as Barrier, Light Screen, Helping Hand, etc. When Patrick is in Control, He tends to be much more offensive with moves like Psychic, Headbutt, Signal Beam, etc. When they are equally in control of their body, they can use both strategies, and can even manipulate barriers to turn them into more offensive moves like the original "Barrier Ball" and "Reflect Sword"

Other: When Dave is in control of the body, he looks like a regular Mr. Mime, just with a deep purple eye. When Patrick takes over, his voice becomes deeper and all of the red highlights on his body become black. Each of them can talk through the other's control (i.e. Patrick can talk when Dave is in control and vice-versa) When both are in control, half his body looks like Dave's, and the other half looks like Patrick's, and their voices speak together.

And that is all.
Old January 16, 2011, 05:12:44 AM
Haxorus

I'm in.

Name: Tyler

Species: Lucario

Personality: Tyler likes to go alone. If he's ever needed in a team he's a very strong asset but prefers flying solo. He has a dark appearance, but on the inside he's a very nice person.

Relationships: He's single, and he likes it that way.

Abilities: Tyler always prefers a good offense, using Aura Sphere and Rock Smash mainly. Using Mach Punch when he wants to get a quick hit first, and Swords Dance if he needs a boost.

I hope this is sufficient.
Old January 17, 2011, 08:08:58 AM
Floatzel

Name: Zanovich

Species: Typhlosion

Personality: Zanovich usually is a pretty friendly guy, but if something manages to make him angry, he is very hard to stop. That doesn't happen too often though.

Relationships: He couldn't care less about relationships.

Abilities: He can put extra power into his attacks when needed, though doing that can put him to the edge of passing out. As a fire-type Pokémon, he solely focussed on fire-type attacks.
Old January 17, 2011, 08:20:11 AM
Volcarona

Jared was trying to climb a tree. He had never tried it before. It was hard to do at first, but then after a dozen tries, he was starting to get the hang of it. A woman with brown hair, in a yellow shirt and blue jeans was capturing these tries on a camera.

"Hey look, I can do it!," Jared shouted, pleased with his progress.

"All riiight," the woman replied, surprised at this accomplishment. "Mind if I send this to cousin Norbol?"

"Sure, go ahead," answered Jared.
Old January 17, 2011, 08:31:31 AM
Floatzel

Zanovich just took a walk, as he could hear someone shouting. Curious about who was shouting, he followed the origin, and soon saw a woman with a camera aswell as a Furret in a tree. "I always thought Furrets prefer the ground to trees. Guess I this one's special, or I was just mistaken", he thought to himself, trying to stay out of sight of the woman and the camera.
Old January 17, 2011, 08:39:26 AM
Landorus

Jared and the woman with the Camera caught Dave's eye. "Ahahaha! A Furret trying to climb a tree!" he laughed out loud. "Silence, fool." A different voice echoed. "Leave them alone and keep walking."

"But that's no fun. You're such a spoilsport, Patrick."

"I said shut up and keep walking."

"No."

After a few more turns of argument, Patrick reluctantly allowed Dave to do what he liked; which was, sit and watch in amusement as Jared climbed the tree.

Last edited by Idno58; January 17, 2011 at 08:40:00 AM.
Old January 17, 2011, 09:11:43 AM
Haxorus

As he sat in a tree, Tyler looked up at the sky and saw wingulls and pellipers flying by. He heard some noise and looked down to see a Furret trying to climb up the tree he was in.

He sat for a little longer, and then jumped out of the branches, onto the ground.
Old January 17, 2011, 09:16:10 AM
Volcarona

"Whoahoa! What's all this?" Jared spoke, unaware of the Lucario hidden in the trees.

The woman stopped recording.

"Jeez...didn't expect that," she said.

"What's your name?" asked Jared.
Old January 17, 2011, 09:22:40 AM
Floatzel

Seeing a Lucario jump out of the tree and the woman stopping the recording, Zanovich decided to come a little closer. He looked at the Furret in interest the entire time.
Old January 17, 2011, 09:28:08 AM
Landorus

"What did I tell you!? If you laugh, you'll attract attention!"

"Fine, Jeez. But, now that I have their attention..." Dave walked up to the others and Introduced himself. "Hi. I'm Dave. And this is Patrick."

The next moment was filled with silence.

"C'mon, Pat, don't be shy."

"I've told you numerous times. I will not get involved with others. And don't call me Pat. I hate nicknames. Call me Patrick or don't talk at all."
Old January 17, 2011, 09:35:07 AM
Haxorus

Tyler had his back turned to the Furret when he heard him ask his name. He turned around slowly and said, "Tyler, and you?"

The introduction was interrupted by an odd Mr. Mime who had introduced himself and someone else that didn't seem to be there.

Tyler eyed the Mr. Mime suspiciously. Tyler closed his eyes and focus his aura, but sensed no one nearby that he couldn't see already. He did however notice something strange about the Mr. Mime, but he was rather hungry so he figured maybe it was just his hunger effecting his abilities.
Old January 17, 2011, 09:39:37 AM
Volcarona

"My name is Jared," answered the Furret. "And this is mom. Her name is Amanda."

Jared began to expect reactions and comments about the impossibility of a Furret having a human mother. In the past, he liked to joke around with a friend of his about this.

"Hiya," Amanda greeted, smiling. "Be right back, I need to get something."

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; January 17, 2011 at 09:45:40 AM.
Old January 17, 2011, 09:51:26 AM
Floatzel

Zanovich finally decided to step out towards the others, but slipped on a stick, causing him to fall down in the process. He quickly got up again and continued in his path, trying to look as friendly as possible. "Oh hello there! Hope you don't mind if I introduce myself? The name's Zanovich, but you can call me Zano for short.", he said as he was near enough.
Old January 17, 2011, 09:57:00 AM
Landorus

"A... Furret is the son of a Human..? What trickery is this!?"

"I dunno. But I think it's awesome." Dave ran over to Zanovich. "Wow, mister, you're really huge! Can you lift boulders? I bet you could breathe fire on the boulders and turn them into lava! Can you swim through lava? I wish I could swim through lava, but it's so hot and-"

"David! Shut up! And get away from that beast! He'll pulverize us if you provoke him any further!

"That's not very nice, Patrick..."
Old January 17, 2011, 10:15:09 AM
Haxorus

Tyler glanced around.

He turned back to Jared "Well it is nice to meet you"

Tyler wanted to go. He had better things to do.

He turned around to start walking.
Old January 17, 2011, 10:26:22 AM
Volcarona

A Grovyle came running through the door Amanda went into, holding a digital camera.

"Hey, Jared, you'll never believe what I found on the Internet...oh...hello," he said, rather quickly.

"This is my brother, Justin," Jared spoke.

"Hi everyone," Justin greeted.

"What was that you just said about the Internet?" asked Jared.

"That video of us in the Temple of Stellenton popped up on Venntube," Justin began. "It's already reached 350,000 views."

Jared paused for a moment, with a frozen look of curiosity.

"Now how would someone get their hands on that video we took?" asked Jared. "We have the camera."

(I was making up names, when I mentioned Venntube. If it exists, I didn't know)

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; January 17, 2011 at 10:44:44 AM.
Old January 17, 2011, 10:35:55 AM
Floatzel

Zanovich blushed a little as Dave talked to him, scratching the back of his head a little. "Well, first: You don't have to call me "Mister", I'm not that old yet. Second, I guess I could breathe fire on a boulder to turn it into lava, or swim through it, but I never tried and don't really plan to do it. Also, I noticed you have another... personality?" He got interrupted by Justin, curiously listening to what he had to tell.
Old January 17, 2011, 10:52:04 AM
Landorus

"Temple of Stellenton..? Never heard of that before. I wish I could use a computer, but my fingers are too big for the keys and I have to be really lucky to hit the right one and it's too frustrating for Patrick so he doesn't let me." Dave Spun around. "Anyway, Zano, yeah, my parents were these awesome hero guys who killed demons but one of them was too strong for them and the only way to counteract his negative evil power stuff was to put it inside me because I'm really happy all the time. So now I have a demon inside me and stuff. His name is Patrick. He takes over sometimes and then I can't control my body but he never hurts people unless he has to and he means well, he's just really grumpy so he likes to be alone.

Suddenly, Dave hunched over and his red highlights became black. His one purple eye was now a deep black, and his normal eye was closed. He then stood up straight and held his head. "ARGH! Shut up, David! I can't take your mindless rambling! See, this is why I don't let you interact with others, because you're so ANNOYING! "

Dave, who was now Patrick, walked a good distance away from the others and sat on the ground with his arms crossed, breathing heavily.

Last edited by Idno58; January 17, 2011 at 10:52:19 AM.
Old January 17, 2011, 11:09:56 AM
Haxorus

Temple of Stellenton? Tyler had a flashback to a vision he had.

It was dark. The only light came from an odd glowing smokey mass. He walked towards it. and it began to speak

"Tyler", he heard a mysterious voice say, "I need your help. Only your pure silver aura can unlock the seal placed on me by an evil that you cannot comprehend. You must find the explorers of the Temple."
"What temple, and why do i need to find them?" tyler replied
"They will know a way to the world i am on."
"World? You mean like in outer space?"
"Yes, your world is not the only world in space."
"I don't underst-"
"I must go now. Good luck, and hurry" the voice died out

Tyler snapped back to reality. He turned to face the Furret. "Jared. What do you know about this Temple?", he asked.

Last edited by umbreon7; January 17, 2011 at 11:17:02 AM.
Old January 17, 2011, 11:41:40 AM
Volcarona

"Well, we went there to look for a book of some kind," began Jared. "We didn't know it was haunted until later. We have some video clips of it. We were kinda messing around at the time, like all thrill-seekers do."

Justin carefully pressed some buttons with his claw until a video came up. Jared and Justin were in a dark cave. There was a small underground lake. The only source of light was an eerie dark blue glow that was scattered around the cave. Some areas were lit, while others were pitch black. Neither Jared nor Justin spoke throughout the video until a certain point. They found a small rowboat and went inside. Justin started to row while Jared was holding the camera. It was very quiet.

"I don't like this place," Justin murmured.

"It's like one of Daniel's nightmares," Jared answered. When they got to the end, Justin said,

"All right Jared, stop the video."

Then Justin pressed a button and another video popped up. This one had Jared and Justin standing by the door. Justin was holding the camera. Then Jared spoke,

"And behind this door is...red stuff."

Red, watery liquid that seemed to glow slightly was found at the bottom of a small pit, directly in front of Jared and Justin.

"I'm not swimming across there," Justin commented.

"What is that? Blood?" asked Jared.

"Might be toxic water," replied Justin. "Daniel told me about this shortly after he evolved."

"What can it do to you?" asked Jared.

"I don't know...ask Daniel," Justin responded.

"How do we get across?" asked Jared. "That's too long to jump."

"We've got that levitation scroll, remember?" answered Justin.

"Oh yeah..." Jared spoke.

Justin rummaged through a bag with a shoulder strap that he was carrying and pulled out a scroll with a blue ribbon. He opened it and touched the blank area with his claw. He then slowly moved his arms up and began to float.

Justin reached down to Jared and grabbed his paw. Justin then hung the camera around his neck like a necklace. Both of them floated over the red substance. When they reached the end, Justin ended the video.

Jared turned to Tyler.

"Is this what you meant?" he asked.

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; January 17, 2011 at 11:44:56 AM.
Old January 18, 2011, 02:16:50 AM
Floatzel

"It seems like you have had some adventures already.", Zanovich quietly said, scratching his head more. "Unlike me. But it is weird... when you have got the camera and you didn't post that video... is it the exact same video as on the camera, or from a different point of view?"
Old January 18, 2011, 12:48:22 PM
Landorus

Patrick sat in silence for quite some time.

"Pat, walk over there so I can talk to them!"

"No."

"But I wanna be a part of their conversation!"

"Too bad."

"You're no fun, Pat."

"I know. Shut up."

Last edited by Idno58; January 18, 2011 at 12:48:35 PM.
Old January 18, 2011, 04:05:36 PM
Haxorus

Interesting Tyler thought.
"So how did you find the temple?" Tyler asked.

Last edited by umbreon7; January 18, 2011 at 04:07:47 PM.
Old January 19, 2011, 08:44:00 AM
Volcarona

"The temple was in between three other buildings on a map we looked at," Jared explained. "We never got a chance to explore the three buildings."

"It looked like ruins when we were at the surface," Justin added. "But then we found a lever in the middle of it, opening a way underground."

"We were supposed to find a book that somehow managed to hold something, like it was possessed or something," Jared continued. "We found out later that it was gonna unleash something onto the neighboring three places, so after much careful planning and stealth, we sneaked into the room where the book was held. We burned it in the nearest torch and got out of there."

"It wasn't easy," Justin commented. "We nearly died in some of the traps that were found everywhere. We didn't get hurt, but there were some close calls."

"My friend Zeke once told me that he was in one of the three buildings, along with some of his companions," Jared recalled. "All he told me was that he solved a bunch of riddles and found someone in there."

"Wait..." Justin interjected. "That building Zeke went in...that was like a holy place. It's was abandoned for centuries. Being in that world, I wonder...was that mysterious person an-"

Justin was interrupted. Before anyone could react a strange, sky blue wind with white sparkles surrounded everyone, completely blocking their view of anything. Everyone suddenly felt as if they were moving.

Moments later, the wind cleared and everyone was in a grassy plain with a dirt road, leading in four directions.

Jared and Justin were looking around, bewildered at what just happened. But then Justin saw a blue glyph on the ground. He touched it with his foot and a blue message appeared, reading "go the way of the compass."
Old January 19, 2011, 09:40:08 AM
Floatzel

Zanovich almost lost balance after the wind has cleared. He certainly wasn't used to things like this. He looked around, seeing everyone else was there too. Soon he noticed the message. "Anyone of you have a clue what this could mean, other than we have to go somewhere?", he asked.
Old January 19, 2011, 12:46:07 PM
Landorus

Dave pondered. "Maybe it means we have to go North. Anyone got a compass? No? Well, we can find out by looking at the sky. Uh... the sun's over that way, so... does anyone have a watch?"

"You're hopeless..." Pat interjected.
Old January 19, 2011, 12:58:51 PM
Haxorus

The fog had cleared now. Tyler glanced around at everyone.
Perfect. Now i just need to find out how to get to that place the spirit was talking ab- his thoughts stopped in it's tracks when he saw the misty spirit. It motioned in a direction.
"I think there's something over here." Tyler said

Last edited by umbreon7; January 19, 2011 at 12:59:09 PM.
Old January 19, 2011, 01:55:00 PM
Volcarona

"Yeah...trees," Justin commented, not knowing what Tyler was referring to.

"Anything's possible in this world," countered Jared. "And what's this?"

The sign that was next to the four-way intersection had names to different locations. The Temple of Stellenton was among those names. That was to the south. The other names read: The Holy Place, Ghenneth-Kirin, and Grimsworth Manor. The Holy Place was to the north, Ghenneth-Kirin, west, and Grimsworth Manor, east. The directions were indicated by the letters, N, S, W, E, carved into the wood.

"Now a compass always points north...and The 'Holy Place' goes north," Jared began. "I guess we have to go there."

"Then what?" asked Justin.

"I dunno," answered Jared. "Hey guys, listen. My friend told be he's been to The Holy Place before. He said he was contacted by a 'divine being' as he puts it. This could be big."

Jared and Justin began to walk north, down the dirt road.

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; January 20, 2011 at 08:22:06 AM.
Old January 20, 2011, 08:18:44 AM
Floatzel

Zanovich walked after the two, looking back to Tyler and Dave. "I don't know about you two, but I think we should stick with them. After all, they know more about this place than we do."
Old January 20, 2011, 01:10:58 PM
Landorus

"That makes sense, Patrick, Onward!"

"No thanks, I'd rather-"

"But Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, I wanna go with them!"

"Fine, jeez, but do it yourself."

Patrick ceased control over Dave and he skipped after the others.