Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media > My Little Pony

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 10, 2012, 12:37:03 PM
Administrator

Default Season 3 Release Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This thread might seem similar to the existing thread for speculation and news, but this one is instead discussion for episodes that have aired on The Hub. Feel free to post any spoilers without putting them in spoiler tags.
Old November 10, 2012, 12:54:17 PM
Administrator

If the rest of the new episodes are going to be like the premier, this season will be 20% cooler.

First off, thank you Hasbro/Hub/whatever for not just going with the "Oh noes evil, use the Elements of Harmony" route that the previous two used. It was a nice change of pace to see the mane six actually having to do stuff instead of just tracking down and using some special necklaces/tiaras/whatnot.

I previously saw the Wasn't Prepared for This and Crystal Ponies songs and liked them, but now they certainly make a lot more sense in context.

Did anyone else find that ticked-off Celestia from Twilight's vision more frightening then Sombra?

Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode, and have high expectations for the new season.

Also GAK

Last edited by Yoshi648; November 10, 2012 at 12:54:36 PM.
Old November 10, 2012, 02:37:33 PM
Giratina

I had no idea what was going to happen in this episode. Didn't even listen to any of the songs that were already out. While none of the new ones have become my new favorite (This Day Aria still reigns supreme!), the Failure Success Song is definitely up there among my most liked.

Ticked-off Celestia was pretty frightening, but I can't say much about Sombra because he had no character development. He was just like a campfire story at night. I'm pretty you've never known who the Boogeyman REALLY was. Sombra was just something you should be afraid of because he's evil or something. Celestia had character, a loving character, and seeing her that way was a shock.

What I really liked was the animation and the new sound effects. Wow, they've improved. FINALLY, SPIKE GOT HIS HERO MOMENT. AND A STAINED GLASS WINDOW. Seriously... how much free space does Celestia have for these?
Old November 10, 2012, 02:50:11 PM
Charizard

Spike. Got. To. Finally. SING!!!!

I mean oh my god, I know it was such a minor backround singing part, but still! We got to hear his singing voice!

Now that I've had my minor fanboy moment:

I see that Cadence's cutie mark actually makes a bit more sense than it already did.
Old November 25, 2012, 11:25:24 AM
Administrator

I think it's pretty obvious what my favorite moment from last weekend's episode was.

As for this weekend's episode, the new song, Babs Seed, is very catchy. Gotta love the tune. Anyone else think she will be sticking around?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	G3 Pinkie.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	4164  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 25, 2012 at 04:18:48 PM.
Old December 1, 2012, 08:55:47 AM
Rayquaza

Watching today's new episode on my DVR, posting comments on my post below.

There's a place called Saddle Arabia!?!?! Am I the only one who thought up a bunch a pony terrorist bombers when she brought it up?

I see the rumors of Trixie selling her soul to the deal were true, okay.
After all why else would she be so pissed off.

She deleted Pinky Pie's mouth just like what all her haters wanted!!!

Seriously Trixy is resorting to freaking murder nothing about that is redeemable she clearly sold her soul!!
She placed a dome over Ponyvile I think it's now Stephan King's turn to sue for stealing that idea.

If she was so good at using all this magic now why could he use for um ANYTHING other then revenge not like she could go legit, she's like a Captain Planet villain bad.

Stallion Apple Jack, DO THEY HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT KIND OF IDEAS THEY JUST GAVE TO FANFIC WRITERS BY DOING THAT!!!!

Overall this was a great episode, it had a moral that wasn't shoved in your face the moments with Trixy ruling over the town and the magic duels were fantastic it was good.

I give this episode 4 Satanic things out of 5.
Beware    

Last edited by Magmaster12; December 2, 2012 at 05:50:34 PM.
Old December 1, 2012, 06:19:57 PM
Administrator

All I have to say is:
Rainbowshy!

Oh, and gotta love sending Pinkie Pie's mouth to the Recycle Bin.

Also, Derpy in the palace after Trixie takes over.
Old December 2, 2012, 05:49:42 PM
Rayquaza

Still creeped out over how Twi turned Apple Jack into a stallion.
Old December 2, 2012, 06:14:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Still creeped out over how Twi turned Apple Jack into a stallion.
Rule 63 in action, Mag.
Old December 8, 2012, 02:23:03 PM
Administrator

Yet another good episode this week! Gotta love Luna and Rainbow Dash comforting Scootaloo.

Also, did anyone else catch the part during the credits preview for next week where a pony who looked a little like Lyra raced against Rainbow Dash? Then again, next week's episode is Wonderbolt Academy, so I'm assuming there is a competition involved.
Old December 8, 2012, 02:48:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Also, did anyone else catch the part during the credits preview for next week where a pony who looked a little like Lyra raced against Rainbow Dash? Then again, next week's episode is Wonderbolt Academy, so I'm assuming there is a competition involved.
Uh, they've been showing that same preview since before season 3 even started and you are just now paying attention? A never before seen character in a preview for an episode we haven't seen yet? THIS IS NEW AND UNHEARD OF!

Also is it just me, or does it seem like season 3 has more "dark" aspects in it? King Sombra dying, almost killing Babs Seed, all the stuff involving Trixie, and now the headless horse story.

Last edited by Yoshi648; December 8, 2012 at 02:50:21 PM.
Old December 8, 2012, 05:00:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Uh, they've been showing that same preview since before season 3 even started and you are just now paying attention? A never before seen character in a preview for an episode we haven't seen yet? THIS IS NEW AND UNHEARD OF!
Yes, I haven't been paying much attention to the credits. Blame Cartoon Network for desensitizing me to commercials during the credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Also is it just me, or does it seem like season 3 has more "dark" aspects in it? King Sombra dying, almost killing Babs Seed, all the stuff involving Trixie, and now the headless horse story.
Nope, not just you.
Old December 16, 2012, 12:20:05 AM
Administrator

Am I the only one who thought Wonderbolts Academy was a little...short? It ended kind of abruptly and felt like there should have been a second part. (It also reminded me a little bit of Top Gun.) I wonder what will come of Rainbow Dash regarding the Wonderbolts.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 16, 2012 at 12:20:27 AM.
Old February 21, 2013, 11:32:38 PM
Administrator

Oh hey, looks like there's something I should've done a few days ago:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Season 3 Bingo Completed.png
Views:	556
Size:	832.0 KB
ID:	4581

While there weren't any bingos (because none of the Mane 6 had a special somepony), I'm surprised how well the person who made this predicted the events in Season 3. Let's look over it by squares (be sure to imagine Big Mac saying "nope"):
  • A secondary Pony Plays a Major Role
    I think Spitfire qualifies for this in Wonderbolts Academy.
  • A present day visit to Manehattan
    Nope. Plenty of mentions of it in One Bad Apple, though.
  • Celestia shows her max power and is super effective
    Twilight received wings in Magical Mystery Cure.
  • Gilda returns
    Nope.
  • Body Swap episode
    The significance of Cutie Mark swapping in Magical Mystery Cure is close enough.
  • A Derpy-centered episode
    Nope. Derp.
  • The origins of the alicorns explained
    This was a tough one. I think Celestia alludes to it quite well in Magical Mystery Cure by showing how Twilight became an alicorn, but there is no actual explanation.
  • A Luna-centered episode
    Also a tough one, but she didn't have a whole episode like Luna Eclipsed.
  • About death and/or terminal disease
    I assume "an episode" is missing from that phrase. While there were allusions to Applejack's parents being dead in Apple Family Reunion, that certainly wasn't the focus of the episode.
  • Scootaloo episode without the CMC
    Sleepless in Ponyville.
  • Wonderbolt episode
    Wonderbolts Academy.
  • Trixie returns
    Magic Duel.
  • FREE HUGS
    *hugs*
  • Pinkamena returns
    While only briefly, she did return in Magical Mystery Cure. She was also mopey throughout Too Many Pinkie Pies.
  • One of the Mane 6 has a very special somepony
    Nope.
  • A Celestia-centered episode
    Nope. If anything, there was almost no Celestia this season. Heck, Luna was featured almost as much as her.
  • Flashback episode for more about Equestria's history
    The Crystal Empire.
  • The return of the royal couple
    The Crystal Empire, Games Ponies Play, and Magical Mystery Cure.
  • A background pony plays a major role
    Nope.
  • We find out more about Zecora
    In Magic Duel, she reveals her ability to perform simple magic while not being a unicorn.
  • New main villain
    King Sombra.
  • Clear Bronie [sic] shoutout
    Nope. While there is plenty of fan service throughout the season, there was never any direct breaking of the fourth wall to speak to the fans nor mention of them whatsoever.
  • The CMC help someone else get his cutie mark
    Nope.
  • Sea ponies!
    Nope.
  • Discord returns
    He was the main focus of Keep Calm and Flutter On.
Old March 9, 2013, 02:23:24 PM
Giratina

The Magical Mystery Cure is coming to take you away! Coming to take you away, take you todaaaay~! A Beatles reference in the season finale, for ME? Oh, they shouldn't have~ Considering Faust's work on the Powerpuff Girls, not surprising either.

I was finally able to finish the third season today, and boy was it GREAT. Though it was half the size of the 2 that came before it, I felt that it was just more interesting to watch (Probably because it's shorter and thus less to dislike ) I actually enjoyed pretty much all the episodes. And Twilight's transformation was INCREDIBLE. I don't know why people would hate it, I think it would be nice to see how the story would go with her as a princess.