Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old September 11, 2013, 04:23:33 AM
Volcarona

Default [SPOILER] October 2013 CoroCoro reveals more new X and Y info

Scans of the latest issue of CoroCoro are surfacing and with them comes lots more new X and Y info. New Pokemon names are the Japanese name.

First up, Mewtwo gets a second Mega Evolution named Mega Mewtwo X. It is a Fighting/Psychic type, has the ability Steadfast and has an increased Attack. The previously shown Mega Mewtwo is named MegaMewtwo Y. MegaMewtwo X is exclusive to Pokémon X and its Mega Stone is called Mewtwonite X. Mega Mewtwo is exclusive to Pokémon Y, it is a Psychic-type, can learn Hypnosis and it's Mega Stone is called Mewtwonite Y.

Secondly Garchomp is revealed to have a Mega Evolution called Mega Garchomp. Mega Garchomp has Sand Force as its ability.

Thirdly Fairy-type's type effectiveness have been revealed. Fairy-type attacks are super effective to Fighting, Dark and Dragon types and not very effective on Steel, Fire and Poison types. A Fairy-type Pokémon is weak to Steel and Poison type moves, resists Fighting, Dark and Bug type moves and are immune to Dragon-type moves. Also Steel has lost its Ghost and Dark resistances.

Next, more Pokémon have been revealed. Two new fossil Pokémon are shown:
Chigorasu is a Rock/Dragon and has Hard Chin as its ability which increases the power of moves involving the jaw, for example: Crunch. Amarusu is a Rock/Ice and has Freeze Skin as its ability which turns any Normal-type moves into Ice-type and increases their power. Amarusu can also learn Aurora Beam.
Torimian which was spotted in the recent Pokémon Direct trailer has Fur Coat as its ability, which cuts contact moves power by half. It is a Normal-type. It can have its fur trimmed to changed its appearance by a new mechanic.
Nyaonikusu is a Psychic-type and has major gender differences. The male has a more aggressive movepool while the female has a more supportive movepool. It can have Keen Eye or Infiltrator as its ability.

The starter Pokémon have also had their evolutions revealed:
Chespin evolves into Hariboogu, which is a Grass-type and can learn Mud Shot. Fennekin evolves into Teerunaa, which is a Fire-type and can learn Psycho Cut. Froakie evolves into Gekogashira which is a Water-type and can learn Bounce.

Team Flare's leaders have been revealed as five scientists named: Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Korea, and Akebi. They are apparently trying to make a "beautiful world".

Also revealed is the ability to change your clothes and hair ingame at a Salon/Boutique. A famous actress called Karune will help you with this.

Finally, Parting Shot, Geomancy and Oblivion Wing are listed as unknown types even though Geomancy was announced as a Fairy-type move and Oblivion Wing was announced as a Dark-type move.

[Source: Bulbanews Pokebeach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 01.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	5319   Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 02.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	5320   Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 03.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	5321   Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 04.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	5322   Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 05.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	5323   Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 06.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	5324   Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 07.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	5325   Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 08.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	5326  

Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 09.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	316.0 KB
ID:	5327   Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 10.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	5328   Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro oct 2013 11.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	5329  

Last edited by zsaberslash; September 11, 2013 at 04:24:12 AM. Reason: God this was a pain to write thanks to new info being rapidly revealed.
Old September 11, 2013, 05:19:09 AM
Rayquaza

So no Orotto until release, oh well.
Old September 11, 2013, 07:23:58 AM
Celebi

Ok so I managed to avoid news about new Pokemon except Starter Evo's

My opinion of Fennekin is much higher and Chespin's is much lower. Froakie is double awesome. Mega Garchomp looks awesome. Mega Mewtwo X looks odd.

Also, I enjoy the fact that Ghost can hit Steel normally now. Much better.
Old September 11, 2013, 07:36:38 AM
Celebi

My Fighting Types......Well...Crap
Scrafty seems to got shafted with this being Double weak to Fairy
at least Dark and Ghost hit steel normally now.
Old September 11, 2013, 07:53:18 AM
Kyurem

I know it's not popular, I really like Hariboogu. So cute~! Though he does look a little too much like a Grass-type Pignite.
Teerunaa looks fine, but a bipedal fox is...not what I was expecting, honestly.
Gekogashira is a little disappointing, at least in my opinion. I feel like they could have done so much more with it. Eh...oh well.
The fossil Pokémon are meh.
Torimian looks nice, but unfortunately, I feel like it's a major gimmick.
Nyaonikusu is so cuuuuuuuuuuuteee!
Mega Mewtwo X is interesting. Strange how I still prefer Mega Mewtwo Y.
Mega Garchomp is awesome-looking. Sand Rush Garchomp will be OP as heck...
Fairy-Type weakness/resistance chart is win.
Steel nerf is win.
Still waiting for Orrotto.

All in all: not at all disappointed at the update as a whole. GAME FREAK MORE GRASS-TYPES PLEASE.
Old September 11, 2013, 11:47:58 AM
Kyurem

Loving that new type from that T-rex guy, rock/dragon sounds fun if only he evolves into something with more speed. [looking at you rampardos with weak speed and super atk strength] The only problem from steel losing resist to ghost and dark is if your using metagross and jirachi. But otherwise weavile will be back in OU if steel isnt resisting darks and weakend jirachi's and metagross will die by weavile's pursuits.
Old September 11, 2013, 11:50:28 AM
Volcarona

To explain just how excited and giddy I am, I'm going to quote what I posted in another thread of "what pokemon we'd like to see":
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaDialga View Post
We need more dinosaurs! Archeops was more Archaeopteryx in the last but that's more bird-related than Dinosaur (not to mention that came in the late Cretaceous period). Pachycephalosaurus and Triceratops had their time in DPPt as fossils, and Tyranosaurs-Rex was the T-tar. Now, it's time for some Velociraptors please.
CHIGORASUUUUUU!!! YES A TYRANASAURUS POKEMON~! <33333 I SO CALLED THAT AHAHAHA~ He's a ROCK Dragon too! You have no idea just how happy I am to see this little cutie. This makes me so happy and excited, my team is going to be unbalanced type wise but that's okay. I need all the cute dragons. And since these are only the Stage 1 evolutions being revealed of the starters, I'm still unsure who to get. Fenniken just turned into a fluffy Lucario... and I don't like Lucario. :I But he learns Psycho Cut, a psychic type move... good thing it's not fighting. Froakie looked sorta... ehh at first but now this evolution starts to look more like some traditional Chinese mythology looking critter... first thought to come to mind are the two frog water gods from Zelda Wind Waker. And then Chespin... he evolves into Mike Wazowski. Also the white fluffy thing looks cute, I don't think it looks like an alpaca though like everyone else says. <w> And Land Shark just got upgraded to 2.0, yay~ I'm still not liking Team Flare though from the looks of this scan update.... uggh.

Last edited by LugiaDialga; September 11, 2013 at 11:50:52 AM.
Old September 11, 2013, 02:00:33 PM
Regigigas

All of this news I love it I love it all
Old September 11, 2013, 03:42:26 PM
Volcarona

I definitely prefer Mega Mewtwo X, he has cool power armor and a distinct lack of headtail
Old September 11, 2013, 04:20:52 PM
Charizard

So, Chespin gets the short end of the stick in evolution designs, Fennekin goes furry on us, and Froakie...actually gains a cool-looking evo.

Froakie, even, considering my previous opinions on it... Game Freak, that's impressive. I'll probably still go the way of Chespin, however, but still.

I don't exactly have any impressions on the other new Pokemon at the moment, especially not for MegaGarchomp, but MegaMewtwo X is an interesting turn, I'll say that much. It'll be interesting using him once I get the chance.

Also, more extensive customizations. Game Freak finally listened to one of my pleas. Now I won't have to draw myself in the Protagonist's clothes anymore.
Old September 12, 2013, 11:12:43 AM
Kyurem

Now we just need to know how we get HiddenPower Fairy.
Old September 15, 2013, 05:58:44 AM
Regigigas

YAAAY! But Rock/Ice typing? Lololol, that's terrible. Oh well. I like it's design, though. Talking about the Ice type fossil Pokemon, lol. Rock/Dragon, though.

Also, how come there are people saying "finally a T-Rex fossil" when we already have Rampardos? :/ Wait... Is it based off a different dinosaur?

Edit: I guess so since it doesn't use it's jaw for anything and I do recall some dinosaur on 2 legs that had an extremely hard head. I just don't remember it's name or anything. Meh.

Last edited by Sub-zero; September 15, 2013 at 05:59:50 AM.
Old September 15, 2013, 07:06:52 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
YAAAY! But Rock/Ice typing? Lololol, that's terrible. Oh well. I like it's design, though. Talking about the Ice type fossil Pokemon, lol. Rock/Dragon, though.

Also, how come there are people saying "finally a T-Rex fossil" when we already have Rampardos? :/ Wait... Is it based off a different dinosaur?

Edit: I guess so since it doesn't use it's jaw for anything and I do recall some dinosaur on 2 legs that had an extremely hard head. I just don't remember it's name or anything. Meh.
It's based on a Pachycephalosaurus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachycephalosaurus

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 15, 2013 at 07:07:29 AM.
Old September 20, 2013, 06:35:33 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
It's based on a Pachycephalosaurus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachycephalosaurus

There we go! Thank you, bby!