Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements > News Archive > VictoryBattles

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 18, 2010, 10:39:56 PM
Kyurem

Default System Requirements

In general, the following platforms should work on VictoryBattles Beta 2:
  • Apple Safari 5+ (Windows, Mac OS X)
  • Epiphany 2.30+ (Linux)
  • Google Chrome 5+ (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
  • Konqueror 4.4+ (Windows, Linux)
  • Mozilla Firefox 3+, 3.6+ Recommended (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
  • Opera 9+, 10.60+ Recommended (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Wii, DS)
  • Windows Internet Explorer 8+, 9+ Recommended (Windows)*

* Effort has been made to support both Internet Explorer 6 and 7, however many things do not work still, such as the map. You are strongly encouraged to use IE8 if possible.

Note: While all of the above versions are tested, only Mozilla Firefox 3.6+, Internet Explorer 9+, and Opera 10.60+ will be able to enjoy the full style effects. Functionally, lower versions should work fine.

Firefox and Google Chrome Note: Despite not being supported, Firefox 1.0+ and Google Chrome 3.0+ should work well, including most style effects.

Safari Note: Despite the fact that earlier versions should work, numerous problems with no content displaying at all have been reported for Safari 4 and lower on Macintosh computers. This problem could not be replicated on Windows machines.

Mobile Note: The DSi has been tested with an entirely new look when the DSi is in column mode. Ideally, the same should apply to Mobile Safari and the PSP, but neither has been tested. If you are interested in testing these platforms, it would be helpful to us.

Beta 3    

Screen Resolutions
A screen resolution of 800x600 is required for the standard mode. Choosing to use a resolution of less, commonly on a phone platform, will result in some elements being messed up. To fix this, go into your user preferences and choose "Force Mobile" for screen mode.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; August 19, 2010 at 07:48:09 AM. Reason: Beta 3 Screen Res
Old June 19, 2010, 01:00:54 PM
Administrator

Internet Channel on the Wii (Opera 9) appears to work quite well. However, any time that you are required to press the Enter key (such as confirming the question in the Brock challenge), you cannot proceed. However, I was able to do some adoptions and get past a few Mystery Zones on it quite easily.
Old June 19, 2010, 01:15:16 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Internet Channel on the Wii (Opera 9) appears to work quite well. However, any time that you are required to press the Enter key (such as confirming the question in the Brock challenge), you cannot proceed. However, I was able to do some adoptions and get past a few Mystery Zones on it quite easily.
Yeah, I was thinking about that and I want that to be a major goal for the beta to fix.
Old June 21, 2010, 11:50:04 PM
Kyurem

Updated: Safari 4 will not work on at least Mac OS X. Safari 5 is known to work. The old browser notice has been updated accordingly.

See http://www.apple.com/safari/download/ to download.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; June 21, 2010 at 11:52:16 PM.
Old June 22, 2010, 03:31:57 PM
Kyurem

Nintendo DSi is officially a supported platform: after about four hours of work, most functions now display properly on the small screen (the one exception being the trade page). I strongly encourage anybody with a DSi to check it out and tell me what you think, as there are several pleasant improvements in the column mode (you can also use the overview mode, but I don't recommend it).

Also, I will need someone to help me test on the PSP and Nintendo Wii: the PSP with the same styles as the DS, and the Wii as the standard.
Old August 19, 2010, 07:46:35 AM
Kyurem

IE6 and IE7 have officially been dropped from support. Though some work to make them work will still be made, the AJAX functions require too much testing that it would slow development of other things.