Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Blogs

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 13, 2012, 11:46:21 AM
Rayquaza

Default Magmaster12's Blog of Randomness Now with a Five Star Rating

Lately I've been leading a very boring life since I've become unemployed and with no job or license and being stuck in the house all day it's incredible boring and lonesome.

My day composes of this.
Eat breakfast
Play pokemon while watching TV
Eat Lunch
Random Stuff, mostly boredom
Eat Dinner
More Random Stuff
Bed Time

Usually there's some other stuff in between but I don't want to go into the details. Hopefully I'll be able to get my license next week so I can get out of this routine and be able to actually do something, like I want to try to make it my goal to go to the gym every day.

Recently I got Mario Tennis on 3DS through Gamefly and I'm already sick of it.

Blog will be updated whenever I feel like it.

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 14, 2013 at 05:47:00 PM.
Old November 15, 2012, 06:50:42 PM
Rayquaza

I seriously can't believe it's been about three months now were I've been stuck home.

I really hope spending all this time at home doesn't have a negative effect on me and I just no I'm never going to remember anything I've done in the past months aside from drivers education. I'm also hoping to get my drivers license so I'll be able to leave the house and get a job.
Old November 17, 2012, 02:31:17 PM
Rayquaza

Had my final driving lesson today and she said I was probably ready to take the test.

Also my family is switching to AT&T Uverse so I'll now be able to watch The Hub and MLPFIM if I'm really bored, what's weird though is that they don't have the network I want the most, Cartoon Network but they have Boomerang. I mainly wish they had Comedy Central though.
Old November 20, 2012, 07:52:54 AM
Rayquaza

Well I finally scheduled my Drving Test so hopefully I'll pass on Friday, keep your fingers crossed for me please!

Also I freaking love have more TV channels now it's so much less boring and it's also awesome having Nickelodeon again, I just wish I had Cartoon Network and Comedy Central.
Old November 23, 2012, 11:22:03 AM
Rayquaza

Well I failed my test all because I couldn't make a right turn back in, I've never been so upset.

This has been one of the most depressing days I've ever had I've been crying so much.

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 23, 2012 at 02:42:18 PM.
Old November 29, 2012, 05:53:36 AM
Rayquaza

Tuesday I had to go back to DMV to pay for my test because I left without paying and now my next test is next Friday, I'll probably get it.

I was also the first to register for the Spring semester at my local community college and I am now a full time student and will soon being taking 16 hours of classes.

I also did most of my Christmas shopping today through Amazon and I got some pretty good deals I just need to get something for my sister,
I also got my copy of the entire season of Digimon Adventure in the mail today.

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 29, 2012 at 11:47:42 AM.
Old December 7, 2012, 12:55:18 PM
Rayquaza

Well I finally managed to get my license!!!
Old December 8, 2012, 02:41:21 PM
Rayquaza

Today was the first day of Hanukkah I got Spiderman 3 even though I asked for The Amazing Spiderman and a Sweater that doesn't fit me even though I already have a perfectly good one already.

At least I know I'm a better gift giver then my parents now!
Old December 10, 2012, 12:11:32 PM
Rayquaza

I got a membership to Planet Fitness today so I can go every day.

I also went grocery shopping for my parents, which I'm now going to do on a regular basis now that I have my license.
Old December 17, 2012, 11:19:25 AM
Rayquaza

Said earlier I had no luck finding another copy of Nintendo Power, as if that wasn't bad enough I also got lost I should probably carry a compass next time I go driving.

I went to Moe's for lunch today it has to be some of the best Mexican food I've ever had like seriously awesome!

Last edited by Magmaster12; December 17, 2012 at 05:42:49 PM.
Old December 19, 2012, 07:05:24 PM
Rayquaza

Starting to feel like I'm not even getting noticed on this site anymore, it's really stating to anger me, especially since I'm starting to get the vibe people here don't like me here and I'm not welcome because I don't fit in.
Old December 19, 2012, 07:22:34 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Starting to feel like I'm not even getting noticed on this site anymore, it's really stating to anger me, especially since I'm starting to get the vibe people here don't like me here and I'm not welcome because I don't fit in.
Aw come on, buddy. As strange and weird as you are, I still notice you. It's hard for me to dislike anyone, and you're no exception to that. I'm pretty sure others feel the same way, too, because there's no possible way that EVERYONE dislikes you. Cheer up, I'm sure it's just all some odd misunderstanding.
Old January 7, 2013, 03:37:05 PM
Rayquaza

So I have decided to instead revamp this blog into an excuse for me to start writing my articles.

My first article will be on probably ones of my favorite franchises I played growing up when I had to resort to my computer for video games Backyard Sports.

Our story begins in the year 1997 when Humongous Entertainment already famous for there classic point and click kiddy games such as Putt-Putt, Pajama Sam, and Spy Fox Franchises decided to go into a different direction and make a baseball game with memorable characters like Pablo Sanchez the little chubby Mexican that only speaks Spanish but is also perfect at every sport that there honestly theories on the internet how he's on steriods. Not to mention the fact the player character themes were really awesome. We even have one character who is in a wheel chair.

Creative stadiums like Steel Stadium the "backyard" of Ernie Steel with an easy home run like angle. There's also power ups, you get many good plays you get power ups like the aluminum bat or torch your opponents with the fire ball pitch although I can hardly imagine how many injuries or deaths these power ups would cause in real life like the screaming line drive that literally knocks down players who try to catch the ball. While other sports are usually incredibly complex with there system controls and gameplay, backyard sports was incredibly straight forward. You throw the ball, you catch it, you hit the ball you run It's incredibly straight forward and fun. Finally there's the color commentary by Sunny Dey and Vinny Gooch while they're amusing at first, especially Sunny Dey who just says everything so seriously while Vinnie The Gooch kind of pretends he's all that when he seems more like a real jerk like he goes out of his was to say mean junk while it eventually gets very tiring listening to the same limited dialogue over and over again, fortunetly though you can skip it or mute it. There's even a multiplayer for the games in case you don't mind sharing your keyboard or mousepad.

However like all games it still has it's issues, the AI is incredibly stupid even in it's hardest setting you can easily get ahead with by 30 runs. Not only that but it get annoying how the players on the field get so easily distracted, or have trouble catching the ball, yep they can just drop even if they're in the perfect position or fall flat on there face just by taking one step, seriously it's like all the players are a bunch of drunk Chevy Chases. Not only that but the controls can feel really outs of place at times like you click in one place and you can go off the fields. Worst part about these original games though is that you can't pick all the players you want for a pick up game sometimes because they just didn't appear on the screen and the level of how good a player is, is very low so there's little difference in performances, fortunetly however those were fixed in the later games. However the game play was still very addictive for being so straight forward and the memorable cast of diverse characters really get you hooked with there clever dialogue and personalities. The game became an eventual success so a new game was released a couple months later called Backyard Soccer.

The game is basically like Backyard Baseball but soccer same memorable characters, bad AI, addictive game play and even the same stadiums Backyard Baseball had but as a soccer field. We also have a different Play By Play Person replacing Vinnie The Gooch, Early Gray who basically has no personality outside of being British and being annoying by making the same comment over and over like Vinnie. However if there is one awesome thing this game has that's different is the season play which is pretty self explanatory you beat as many teams as possible to win The Astonishingly Shiny Cup of all the Cup's Cup. If you don't mind the bad AI it's a great way to kill time plus it's the only classic game of the franchise to be available Atari website so check out if you need a time killer game.

More to come on this soon.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 7, 2013 at 08:24:07 PM.
Old January 7, 2013, 04:00:32 PM

My favorite part of Backyard Baseball was watching the kids trip and fall on their face.

Backyard Basketball was easy because I would make a team out of the best long-range shooters and score 3-pointers left and right.
Old January 9, 2013, 08:05:45 AM
Rayquaza

So today I've decided I'm going to reserve my PC Game reviews for games like Backyard Sports for every Monday from now on.

To day however in honor of the announcement of X and Y and in the hopes we get new evolutions and not just a poor rehash with only new starters and legendaries I'm making a top five list of Pokemon Evolutions I want to see.

Top 5 Pokemon Evolutions Magmaster12 wants to see
5. JynxYou know in a way Magmar, Jynx, and Electabuzz have all been a trio they all learn certain moves around the same time, one of there gimmicks was learning the elemental punches level up, and they're part of the same egg group. The only thing that sets them apart is the fact the Jynx not only has dual typing but also a lower base stat average, yet in Generation IV Magmar and Electabuzz are the ones who get an evolution! A Jynx evolution also might be good for the Metagame as a strong Ice/Psychic type would be interesting and be able to take down both Dragon and Fighting types. Plus it'd make Jynx holding an evolite more defensive which could work even better. A design I believe would be fitting her would easily be an ice queen or diva of some sort.

4. Banette I really don't get why this guy didn't get an evolution when Dusclops did when they where pretty much an identical pair of version exclusives in RS maybe not so much like Lunatone and Solrock or Zangoose and Seviper but they were still counterparts mainly stat wise. Also like the situation with Jynx a Banette evolution would make it a lot less frail. Since Banette represents a doll I think an evolution should be like the same way Dusclops is with a big zipper tummy.

3. Farfetch'd Darn it does this thing need an evolution badly mainly just because it sucks, honest to god it's been one of the worst pokemon with one of the worst movesets since Red and Blue this pokemon not only need an evolution but a freaking revamp. I mainly just suggest a pokemon that's Flying/Fighting and a really high attack stat.

2. Dunsparce I'm sorry who? In my opinion Dunspare is the most forgettable pokemon in existence, the fact that it's rare but has no special quality, the fact it is a useless normal type, the fact it has crummy base stats and the fact that Generation II already had a ton of more interesting gimmick pokemon. However for some reason someone new at Game Freak must love this guy because not only does he have a gigantic moveset of great moves he also has great a great regular and DW abilitie to boot.
Stunfisk, Durnsparce. What a would like to see is maybe Dunsparce being a complete brick wall since it has coil and a second ground typing to boot it's STAB EQ.

Unfortunetly I could not find a good picture of what I want.

1.Stunfisk Seriously what the hell Game Freak, you come out with a pokemon that has the awesome typing of Ground and Electric and an awesome move pool and yet again you fail to give something with great potential good stats. I really don't care what you do with GF just give good stats and you will have all my money. I don't even care about the design I won't even care if it looks like this.
http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com...qjKZAK5L_b.jpg
Just make it happen.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 9, 2013 at 08:07:26 AM.
Old January 10, 2013, 02:47:11 PM
Rayquaza

So today I saw The Hobbit in theaters, and let me start off by saying this.

Summing up the movie into one word, LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. Seriously I know this is based off a 310 page book split into three separate movies but does it have to be three hours? I mean it really feels like there's a lot of stuff in this movie they easily could have cut out of least left for like a director's cut DVD.

Now I'm honestly not too familiar with the Lord of the Rings films but I do know the basic premise and story line. However I'm glad that it doesn't seem to matter to much going into it not that it matters since this is a prequel. Speaking of which I really feel that it lowers the tension of the film, we already know Gandaulf is going to survive in this bcause he was in sequels, we also know that Bilbo survives because the film starts off 60 years in the future. Speaking which there is also this films villain he's awesome but all the creatures in this film are CGI, I am disappointed in this, because it makes the characters seem less believable like they're a video game character not an actual thing interacting with our characters, seriously Peter Jackson there is such thing called practical effects through make up! You should know it's how you got your start! However I don't think the film is all bad finally, while the battle scenes feel very cluttered with characters being impossible to keep track of with poor camera angles but they're still really fun to watch because they're still battles with amazing effects as if they're right there. My favorite scene would be where the group is on a mountain of two battling rock men fighting each other, seeing them move around honestly made me feel like the ground itself was moving like I was actually there. Finally, I am a sucker for character development, Bilbo having acceptance within the group and coming of age and his own acceptance has terrific. The dwarfs even have some good character development aside from use of just comic relief some are very memorable others I don't even think had there name mentioned. In conclusion I'm really glad I saw this film, not my favorite film of the year 2012 but I certainly liked it more then some the other ones I saw and I am most certainly looking forward to the sequels Peter Jackson will bring us.

4/5
Old January 11, 2013, 11:05:46 AM
Rayquaza

I've noticed that a lot people tend to make top lists for live action movie adaptions they want to see. But what about the opposite, I mean surely there must some good animated they could get out this. I heard that Tron Uprising was supposed to be fantastic even though Disney XD only shows the program once a month, as for reboots I'll post a list on that later.

So here is my top 6 in no particular order of things I want to see get adapted to animation and please feel free to comment and PM your thoughts on what I should add to this list, maybe then I'll make another one of these.

6. The Incredibles - This, it will never happen seriously Brad Bird is just to darn busy to give these rights up. One of the main flaws of the movie was the fact we never got to see more of the characters, not only did we have a family super heroes we also have an expanded amount government agents, and there's also all those super heroes that Syndrome had killed. There is so much we want to see from them and learn from there universe, like how did all the characters in these movies get there powers, what motivates them and gives them there reason to fight. The Incredibles was in production for 5 years there has to be some abandoned story lines that can still work for a TV show.

5. Wreck it Ralph - Like The Incredibles, there is so much I want to see about this universe, seeing more video game characters, having a whole bunch a video game characters, this could be the ultimate TV show for seeing video game characters in action, only problem would the fact we'd still probably have to focus on Ralph since he was the main character, now I'm not saying he's a bad character I just have to say he could draw away focus from other characters. I can totally see plots for this episode being about arcades vs home gaming or portable gaming and one winner can come out.

4. Star Fox - I don't get why Nintendo doesn't totally sell out for this franchise because it could totally work. Now this is the only video game on the list, I'm too sure myself if any Sony or Microsoft characters deserve there own shows, I think the game Pong deserves there own show more the Viva Pinata did. Star Fox does seem to deserve more then any others though, this series could work like a Star Trek like series but for kids and furries and a lot of awesome air jet fighting, which isn't done to often in my opinion. Plus it'd work great for all the characters who have such distinct personalities we could even have a psychological side digging into Fox McCloud's back story with his father.

3. Pirates of the Caribbean - I really don't understand Disney. Why the heck do they market violent series to children? Not to mention the films are incredibly long. So why not kill two birds with one stone? This would be the perfect excuse to make even more Pirates of the Caribbean toys then there already are. The movies are also incredibly long with there huge cast of characters so the possibilities are completely endless. The only issue I have is who will they have to replace Cap. Jack Sparrow, clearly they could not get Johnny Depp do voice him and has such a unique quality to him, but then again he's Jack Sparrow anyone could easily do an impression of him and the already got Elijah "freaking" Wood for Tron Uprising so I am not to concerned.

2. Young Avengers - For those of you who don't know Young Justice is probably my favorite series on TV right now. This short lived 2005 comic is basically said to be Marvel's answer the other short lived comic Young Justice. However the difference is, for such a short series these comics are quite good, they are well rounded, well thought out and the characters are amazing. You seriously think Marvel would have had these guys appear in Ultimate Spiderman as part of the team rather pulling then pulling a random character out of the freaking ass, don't worry I'll get to that show. That also brings up my main concern, right now Marvel has zero sense of direction of what they want out of there programs along with there goals, there's honestly some way they could mess this up. However I think there's still chance, maybe in a one shot episode of Avenger's Assemble since they do play a pretty important part of there storylines in the skull invasion.

1. Deadpool - However there is one exception of an adaption that could actually work right now because it barely requires any direction, sort of. Needless to say Deadpool is probably one of Marvel's most comical characters almost like a satire of other Superheroes. All I have to ask from them though, DON'T HAVE HIS MOUTH STAPLED LIKE RYAN RENOLDS IN THE MOVIE. Have the production team of Ultimate Spiderman work on this show I don't care just do it. Also anyone find it ironic how right now DC is having failures bringing there expanded movies to popularity enjoyed by audiences while there TV series are widely excepted by all. While Marvel's movie are widely excepted the TV shows are rejected by fans but still successful.
Old January 12, 2013, 11:53:29 AM
Rayquaza

So now after yet another 3 month hiatus Young Justice has returned for good but has it been worth wait?

For starters I'm not a big fan of how The Reach is trying Justice League make the Justice League look bad it's an overly cliched plot and I do not buy it. The Justice League have been around for a little over ten years in this show and we're just expected for the public to turn against them seriously!? We also have our Tim Curry new reporter guy G. Gordon Godfrey (haha get it?) who is clearly working for the reach trying to change the public opinion through a talk show. I also don't buy that completely either because it would be like everyone becoming single minded conservatives from the O'Reily factor, I mean this is supposed to in the year 2016 shouldn't he be complaining about what a bad job Obama has done? I know it's supposed to be a satire on how much the media effects our lives but the probably is G Gordan Godfrey is actually a minor character in the comics having very few appearance in 80's when the media controlled nearly everything but it's not so much like that today with the growth of blogs through the internet but TV shows still continually use him, it's just a satire that is no longer relevant but hopefully it will lead to a bigger build, besides he still have seen little retaliation. Also why is the JL keeping the global satellite secret, it's not like to many enemies can be aiming for space or the fact that enemies know where it is because oh yeah, they do! I also have trouble believing the governments could go this long without noticing either. As for the episode itself I still did enjoy it our main villain Despero and wise cracking L-Ron are good additions but it feels incomplete like we didn't see enough of them, heck we seem to see some pretty lackluster fighting in this episode, in fact the climax in the fight was well really anti-climactic. On the plus side though this finally gave the show a chance for us to see character development for Mal, as in he actually gets to do something in this episode with a real role with the team. Miss Martian and Superboy also had focus put on them too over the whole psychic link thing and see if the ends justify the means and I'm certain we will see more focus on there relationship in the future. We also get a subplot about The Runaways and what there effects were, and let me say this but I'm really happy Phil Lamarr who is part of the cast isn't playing Static, as much as I love his character I really don't think he would have been able to pull off the dramatic edge Bryton James did. Needless to say his appearance I believe to be the high point of this episode along with the interactions between Impulse and Blue Beetle. The fact that Blue Beetle wants to get rid a scarab should lead to an interesting plot line. This is yet another episode that let me feeling like it could have had a lot more but in a bad way, the sub plot with Despero seems so forgettable like it was planned for the comic before it got cancelled. I mean I'm sure Ms. Martian, Superboy, and Mal got good character development out of the Despero plot but it felt like it wasn't enough for us to see.

Overall this might be my least favorite episode of the season so far.

3/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 12, 2013 at 11:53:44 AM.
Old January 13, 2013, 03:48:46 PM
Rayquaza

don't lead a very busy life so I'm trying to do these everyday on a schedule.

Monday: Something rant related or common annoyance I have with something.
Tuesday: Video Game review or retrospective project maybe even a LP from time to time.
Wednesday: Something Pokemon related, right now it's mainly going to pertain mainly to Pokemon X and Y and my desires and predictions related to it, I also might use it as an excuse to resume my rewatching of the anime.
Thursday: Review of a movie that's either new to release on DVD or in theaters.
Friday: Random Top number list.
Saturday: Review of a new episode of a tv show, right now Young Justice is still on Saturdays so I'll stick to that.
Sunday: Probably just a quick note of something personal and a reflection on what I can do to better myself and my writing.

So for anyone who comes across this blog and looks at it and thinks to themselves, wow why is this guy doing this, he must really want attention or have way to much free time he has no idea what the heck he's doing".

Well I can say this, I am most certainly not doing this for fame, popularity or money that's for sure, my expectations aren't incredibly low for what I can get out of this. What I want is to reach out to other people, have them remember or relive the same stuff I do it's that idea for this blog that gets me really excited about it. Would I like it to become popular, sure I'm just starting out though, I'm still learning how to do this in fact sooner or later I'm hoping I'll be able to switch to a video format and cover stuff that I would like to see on the internet that I see is currently lacking. Right now though I'm just trying to find a way to make this work and find my own originality.

One more note I'm now also doing this on an official blog site.
http://magmaster12sblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I'm still gonna post here though because I'm think it'd be easier for certain people to come here continually.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 13, 2013 at 03:50:42 PM.
Old January 24, 2013, 07:34:56 PM
Rayquaza

Well that didn't take long for me to completely give up on doing this on a regular basis, oh well.

For those of you who don't know I'm a huge fan of digimon this series was my favorite growing up and it's still my favorite today. It featured a gang of relatable children for me growing and seeing them team up with there partners while coming of age. It's pretty straight forward and as a kid I was hooked onto it because the characters were so relatable for me and see them grow away on an adventure and saving the world as average kids is just incredible to me.

So nevertheless when I found they were coming with a new series I was, well mildly excited, after what I consider to be one the worst things I've ever seen from the previous season, it is a long story. But I still decided to watch it, I got up early at 7AM I the summer of 2010 so I could watch the series, at first it seemed pretty basic nothing bad or especially good which is usually typical for a digimon series first few episodes I even started to loose interest however then I saw a later episode. Needless to say I am mad at myself for loosing interest in the series so easily because the perfection it was was just getting started. I'm proud to say that while it still can't top two of the other seasons I'd easily say that this series met with my expectations as a good digimon series. So in honor of a pending dub and syndication that could come in the future most likely on the Saban loving Nicktoons here are my top reasons to watch Digimon Xros Wars/Fusion.

Coming Soon

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 24, 2013 at 07:35:29 PM.
Old January 26, 2013, 10:12:44 AM
Rayquaza

I have to come clean, I couldn't review last week's episode because I didn't have a whole lot to say about it.

However this weeks one I think I can best sum up into two words.

Overall this episode has incredibly deep psychological aspects to them, with them going into the mind of Aqualad showing off his inner turmoil along with how dealing with being a double agent, along with Artemis who experiencing the same turmoil. Speaking of which I the absence of Artemis on the show has really been feeling out of place lately so seeing her take the center role in another episode was terrific. As for side plots there isn't to much to say about them, we have some screen time between Miss Martian and her rejection of Lagaan but nearly everything else was forgettable. This includes a few moments between Blue Beetle and Green Beetle, really felt they went no where until we get a final scene with him being able to control the scarab, off screen and the episode ends with Impulse being shocked upon learning the news. Really? Wouldn't complain if it weren't for these two reasons, one we just had the last two episodes end with Jaime issues with the scarab and it feels like a down play of the last scene where Black Manta tells Artemis they plan on killing MM when they're done which would been a better way to end the episode. Still I'm not taking away any credit for it because this show shifts around a lot and I'm sure it must have been hard for them to find the right place to put it. Biggest issue is the fact that they found out what The Reach juice does but they can't do anything because the JL has NO CREDIBILITY AT ALL, once again they've been around for ten years and they're public figures someone should believe them. Also G. Gordon Godfrey appears in the Reach Juice commercial because Juice endorsed by Bill O'Reilly would be just plain crazy. Next weeks episode we're going to see Static and the rest of the runaways and this weeks episode certainly got me interested enough to get excited for next weeks.

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 26, 2013 at 10:12:54 AM.
Old February 7, 2013, 08:23:39 PM
Rayquaza

Well I am certainly satisfied with myself, why? Because I have now made through two weeks of college, sure it's been completely impossible for me to do any of my homework due to procrastination but oh well I'm sure I'll catch up.

For those of you who might be wondering I'm currently Majoring in Academic Studies at Tunxis Community College, this basically means I'm currently in a major that will guarantee me no job at all but it's a two year course and great way for me to get some college credits out of the way at cheap price. Speaking of which nearly everyone I know has enrolled in colleges in the state which goes to show how expensive out of state colleges. I'm feeling slightly lonely and out of place though, I'm usually not good at meeting new people in a new environment since my college is an hour away from where my high school was. I've actually seen some people I remember from elementary school but I acted like such a moron back then I'm to embarrassed to go up to them, probably helps that I now have Clark Kent glasses. My favorite class so far has been acting despite being nearly 3 hours long I just truly love doing it and I'm beginning to have thoughts about giving it a shot because everyone I know is so supportive of me. As for my future well with my academic credits out of the way I'll probably have my mind made up as to what I would like to do in the future i fact right now like pretty much everyone else here on the site who is in college I'd like to do something computers even though I know very little about programming. Looking forward to the upcoming weeks knowing I have something meaningful to fulfill my time.

Also over the Super Bowl I came up with the best guacamole recipe ever, ask if you want.

Last edited by Magmaster12; February 7, 2013 at 08:25:02 PM.
Old April 14, 2013, 07:51:31 AM
Rayquaza

Sorry I haven't posted for a while College has been keeping me busy along with looking for a job, put on the plus side I have a second job interview with Chipotle on Tuesday which will add an extra hour to my driving schedule if I get it.

I am also working on a very long retrospective for Digimon Savers and why it's not a good series.

Until then I'm going to talk about the latest episode of Adventure Time because after rewatching it four time I have a lot to say about it and a lot of people seem to have missed the point of this episode.

Out episode starts Jake making a pillow fort however Finn is to upset to help because he believes it's over between him and Flame Princess. Jake goes on to tell him that it's best to not worrying about what's not real and instead focus on what's in front of him right now building a pillow fort. However Finn would perform to be alone and ends up getting trapped in a gigantic pillow world. Out of the worlds I've seen so in the show this one is incredibly creative with everything made out of bedding, the birds, the people, the objects, everything it is quite incredible. However Finn is trapped in the world and as time passes he settles down with a pillow wife and has pillow children, yeah apparently humans and sentient pillows can have children. Even though Finn is now an adult with a family he is still seeking out a way to return back to his original world and goes with his family to seek out the oracle to get back. When he meets up with Rasheeta after many years have passed, he asks Finn if he really wants to go home, he then remembers what Jake told him before he left. How he is holding on to the past to much even though he can now barely remember it as if it's imaginary, and instead decides to stay with his wife because it's what's for the best for his family.

This is what I love about the episode it gives the realization of what is really important in the present and not what could or could not be. Finn needs to come to terms with how he doesn't want to worry so much and instead just relax with his family which is right in front of him. The pillow world although imaginary is what really matters and his real world is practically imaginary because it's been so long.

The opposite applies to Jake in his subplot although he loves his mug he decides to throw it windows only to later change his mind. It's also brought up how he's upset that his children no longer need anymore unlike Finn who wants to leave them even though there right right in front of him. This episode is basically about coming to terms with what matters when it comes to what's real and what's not and they show both perspective while doing an incredible. I think is an important message for children including myself when I was younger, we always worry about things that don't really matter while also trying to come to terms with things that aren't in our control. Only in Adventure Time can have an episode that is emotional on different levels, deep with a fair share of humor everything in this episode is incredibly balanced.

The episode then comes to a close with Finn on his deathbed with his children, coming to terms with what matters. He eventually comes across some symbolism for death I totally don't understand and out of the pillow fort as normal only to get a call from Flame Princess most likely forgetting his experience, pretty weak if you ask me but it still feels like a lot is gained in this episode.

This has to be my favorite episode by far because of it's incredibly simple message through in with some really good humor and creativity. We also have Wallace Shawn playing Rasheeta how does an excellent job lending his voice playing it incredibly straight. Along with Jonathon Frakes of Star Trek fame playing Adult how I think did a pretty good job playing him but it still felt kind of off. I also like how we get to see some moments between BMO and Jake because BMO is easily overlooked as a character so I'm really looking forward to next week's episode focusing on BMO. I also want to point how people should stop whining about how Jake basically forgot about Flame Princess and married someone else, he played along with the world and was trapped for a long time, a guy needs love after all.

Other then that I would recomend this episode strongly to anyone because I think it is the best by far.

10/10

Last edited by Magmaster12; April 14, 2013 at 07:53:11 AM.
Old April 16, 2013, 03:02:50 AM
Rayquaza

You know I've been watching a lot of Regular Show lately and I have to admit it's pretty awesome for a kids show. It really knows how to push the bar with unexpected story telling, adult humor I have no idea gets passed the censors and really well developed, interesting well developed characters that is except one exception.

Spoiler Alert, last it finally Margaret kissed Mordecai and I personally could not care less. Here is why Margaret is a without doubt Mary-Sue.

Now I don't even like using this term very often because when I usually here it get used the character usual has some form of a personality or relatibilty to them. Margaret however, has no personality what's so ever she's more of a plot point then an actual character.

When I bring this up people have told me she's not because she's bad at making pies and likes Buck Tooth Bob movies. However that makes her the worst example of a Mary Sue, her flaws were only used to get the plot going and create more of a relatable conflict for Mordecai. We know she's a college student, which has so far shown she's a hard worker but that's also only been used to get the plot going and we've never seen how it effects her.

In all honesty last night I really like to think that the show crossed the line. After nearly 100 episodes of putting up with things Margaret wants a ride to the airport from Mordecai without anything supernatural happening so we can have a rare case of Margaret being out of character, which I'd like to add is hard to do when you already barely have one. Margaret then forgives Mordecai because guess what, just like a majority of the episodes the super natural accurance wasn't his fault, and you think Margaret would know by know Mordecai is responsible enough to know this, and this makes slightly unlikable now. Which is great because this pretty much put them in an official relationship

Look on other relationships, I'm totally interested in seeing what will become of Rigby and Eileen and because it's clearly making them better characters. Plus oh yeah, Eileen
actually has an incredibly likable personality to her and isn't just used as a plot point. Like in the episode where Eileen helps out Rigby to do a pull up and becomes his emotional support and we get to see them gain a lot so it's very satisfying. The relationship between Mordecai and Margraret can best be described as one from a bad 80's movie, because guess what our creative team really likes the 80s in case you haven't noticed. Basically back then it was still slightly believed that the woman should always be the award for the man after over coming an obstacle in some form. However things have changed, that and the show is trying to develop the relationship but it's getting annoying when we only have emphasis put on our male lead and still don't know anything about the female.

Why do more fans not speak out about this? Well that's because of shipping anxiety, people put themselves in the role of hooking up with bland hotty with no personality they completely forget about what the focus of the show is really about. This is why I can't stand how people complained about how in last week's episode of Adventure People were complaining so much about Finn basically dumped Flame Princess and married this one off character. Here's the deal Adventure is not about his relationships or who he'll fall in love with, it's about Adventuring I mean the word is in the title so shut up about it and focus on what really matters, you know the moral of last weeks episode.

I'm hoping in future we can see more Margaret as a character in this relationship and maybe no longer be confined to being a Mary-Sue but it's going to take quite a while to recover from that

Last edited by Magmaster12; April 16, 2013 at 03:35:24 AM.
Old April 17, 2013, 02:16:14 PM
Rayquaza

Yesterday the third trailer for Man of Steel was released and I am still not impressed. I want something first, I feel I can't call the Richard Donner Superman movie bad but they certainly haven't aged well, there's very little thought process put into any of the film's script, I mean Superman turning back time, Lex Luthor gloating to the camera for hours, the amount of time spent glorifying like we've never heard of Superman, Zod and his troops just messing around nearly the entire film, Superman giving up his powers with little question, and oh yeah Superman Louis Lane. I mean this is huge because Superman had sex with Louis since she had his son isn't kind of considered rape? Of course I'm not gonna go into this but the film is not well written.

In my opinion a good Superman would be have to be about the glory of saving people with the morals and all that garbage. How can Man of Steel screw this up? Well for one thing we have the screenplay by the people who made the dark knight trilogy. In all honesty I think Christopher Nolan is a bad writer, he constantly leaves large plot holes expecting people to play along while going in to great detail over stuff we don't care about. The Dark Knight Rises is a prime example of this, we have a film that's riddled with plot holes but get an unneeded for Raj Al Ghul that comes into play a little to late. The script could the same pacing issues and go into unneeded details yet again Just to mention thanks to Nolan's films all Superhero comics now need more realism and darkness just so we could have Batman be consistent because thanks to Nolan he's the only character we care about.

I honestly have no idea why they hired Zack Snyder to direct this movie, as if the called him by mistake and didn't want it to be awkward. His last 3 films failed at the box office and we not even very good. The guy takes the George Lucas approach to film making, Visual Effects > Good Story Telling. This is the guy who has done some amazing work with it but it is no way to tell a story especially when you don't have the best screen writer. However there's still no telling whether or not it'll be bad or good I'm just not a big fan of how they seem to keep glorifying him and they're using Zod, the guy who has created for the Superman movies is going to be the villain as if there are no other villains or other interesting stories to tell.

So I think I've made it pretty clear on what I want to see in a Superman movie but what about DC's other franchises? Now for those of you who aren't aware WB is taking a risk with Man of Steel, if does well we'll get a Justice League film if it does bad we'll get another Batman reboot in five years, because hey he's the only one we care about. For a Justice League movie I think like the Avengers it should be relatively simple, it'll rely on introducing new characters and heroes within a movie, just have a simple plot of an alien invasion have affect each of our heroes homes affected and call them to action only to work together by the end. The line up should consist of Superman because it's not Justice League without him, Batman look above, Wonder Woman because female power, Aquaman so we could finally see him be useful, and John Stewart Green Lantern because this way the could easily retcon Ryan Reynold's mess and they won't have to rely on Cyborg being the black one because he belongs on the Titans not the Justice League and because having more then five characters would make it to crammed and it wouldn't be hard to out do itself if they want to use Darksied in a sequel.

So what do I want out the franchises, well let's start with Batman because he's the only one gaurented to get a movie in the future. Nearly every director that has done Batman completely missed the point of the character in half there movies, Tim Burton had Batman just wipe off someone dying, Nolan let Batman retire despite being an incredibly paranoid hero obsessed with Justice and Joel Schuelmacker had Bat nipples nough said. We've also now had 5 out of 7 films only focusing on Batman and I think it's time we actually have a focused on the Bat family start off with the movie introducing Robin and explain how both of them have the same ideals through history. They could even introduce Batgirl half way because guess what, we don't need females in a Batman movie just so they can be a love interest, Batman hasn't had a love interest since the golden age. Having Robin can easily link other members of the bat family and help us get a Teen Titans movie. That can work a lot better then what WB wants, a movie based off Batman arkham asylum, because screw the actual source material video game movies are what matters. There's a huge collection of comics they can resort to and this just shows hows incompetent the execs at WB are.

Last edited by Magmaster12; April 17, 2013 at 04:24:18 PM.
Old April 20, 2013, 07:35:33 PM
Rayquaza

You know I'm starting to believe the idea Marvel openly hates Spiderman right now. Whether it's his love life or better yet marriage in general, his Aunt May who has been killed off multiple times, or killing off his freaking mind or spirit or whatever, the higher ups at Marvel really don't care about Spiderman. Hey at least we have the movies that will never have a crossover thanks to Sony's greediness. Plus the Spectacular Spiderman show that got cancelled after only two seasons to get replaced by this.

Yes apparently the days of Superhero being serious but also for kids are gone to be replaced by the lowest common denominator and in process completely missing the point as an adaption. The main person behind is the same person who brought us the Teen Titans shows, which while still enjoy slightly I’m not far to say it’s overrated. Teen Titans would go for humor to the point where they didn’t seem to know when to stop. I’m willing to save my full thoughts for later, plus Teen Titans had an overall wackiness to the world we never bother to learn anything to serious about the characters so we just accept it at times. Plus this basically what this is trying to be, Teen Titans.

Here we just have utter insanity, no real moment of seriousness just sheer random ****, oh and commercialism, can’t forget about the toys kids.

Plus another issue is Spiderman needs to be played by someone incredibly likable, we have a hero who makes jokes while beating the crap out of someone. Drake Bell is not likable as Spiderman, at all in fact I'm found of him at all, oh he spent a majority of his time in the tv show with that fat guy where they used predictable plots OMG this guy is the greatest person ever. That’s right never cared much for Drake and Josh either.

Just Compare This Spiderman

To This

Now to be fair we have had one serious moment.
But here’s what bothers me most, this basically Spiderman and his Amazing Friends, you know the series so bad the people at Marvel spoke out against it and it’s now parodied on Disney XD. The reason the show was opposed by Marvel, was because Spiderman works alone, he’s had plenty of supporting casts members including family and friends die and he doesn’t want the burden. Here we have Marvel pulling obscure characters out of there asses and expecting us to buy it. I mean I think Nova is in this show because of his own comicwhere he's a completely different character. Gee it’s not like we already have a team of Young Avengers training constantly.

OH WAIT    
OH WAIT

This show uses the group dynamic to become just another unoriginal drivel preferring sitcom clichés (yes that includes a body swap episode) rather then what is Marvel’s main hero and they can’t even come up with good characters, which is a shame because I would love to see this Spiderman get killed and replaced by Miles Morales.

Also this show is probably bring in many new comic book readers who are expecting random crappy humor, bad cliched plotlines and for amusement every five seconds, great more annoyances. Pray for Spiderman people because as long as morons are in charge at Marvel we'll never see anything good come from him again.

Next time I'm going to talk about my thought of Ben 10

Last edited by Magmaster12; April 21, 2013 at 06:40:47 AM.
Old April 27, 2013, 06:27:03 AM
Rayquaza

I should probably start off by saying this, I've never liked the original Ben 10.

Ben is an overly annoying, selfish, egotistical jerk. I never saw anything likable about him even when he was saving lives because he was clearly just doing it for the thrill and not out of doing the right thing. He never really seems to care about what he does, his actions or there consequences basically a character in a loop that's never going to learn his lesson.

We also had Gwen who made it even harder to like Ben because she always acted as a foil and sometimes acted too perfect to the point where she was also very annoying. As for Grandpa Max, well he was just the adult not very useful and little personality so he was pretty boring on his own. Not only that but the plots for the episodes were just terrible with just coming up with whatever the hell they wanted without any full thought process, no connection at all just aliens or magic the two main things always used to get the plot going. We also of course got a new alien every week to play in with the episode coincidentally , duh while also playing in with the new toy line which has now made over 1 Billion Dollars. Because of this show turned up to be a hit.

However due to the show taking place over the summer there was only so much they could do, so there was a follow up series Ben 10: Alien Force. In my opinion this was actually a turning point for the series. We see that Ben has matured into a young teen with an understanding for his responsibility, we have an overall for this show and motivation, finding grandpa Max along compelling plot of teaching other kids to be heroes. I know fans will hate me for saying this but I do like Alien Force for it's more serious and mature tone that was kind of called for. I liked the fact the show was growing up with me. We have real character development this series and that is why I really enjoy it.

Then Ultimate Alien came out and just took a giant step backwards. Alien Force had basically wrapped all the loose ends a direct continuation wasn't really called for. Ben goes back to acting immature like he was in the original series. It's that this because the fame is going to his head but I don't fully buy it. Gwen also goes back to the way she was because bad writing. We do get a better look into Kevin's past but he becomes more boring to point we don't care about him any more. Kevin and Gwen's relationship is one of the most forced relationships I've ever seen. However still were some pretty good plots despite once again not having any main focus.

Then of course Omniverse has come out and its made things even worse. This series isn't good at taking itself seriously for sure in fact it's a giant step backwards I have doubts the writers for this show even saw the last two series. Ben is pretty much established back to square one for no real reason he the same annoying immature brat he was when he was 10. Grandpa Max is back and as boring as ever although he was apparently come down with Young Blood's Disease yes look it up. He's also joined a rookie partner named *groans* Rook SUBTLE. He is your typical alien who doesn't understand planet earth in predictable bad joke fashion this guy is more of a walking punchline then hero. I really do not care about this series at all anymore I hate they dumbed it down again and there's left for this franchise to do. I say put this franchise down the toilet with the other worn out shows like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents so we can finally stop stop having networks shake money out of there shows like they're the typical bully trying to get every scrap of loose change from you.
Old May 3, 2013, 05:11:36 AM
Rayquaza

I saw Iron Man 3 at Midnight Release last night so I might as well review it first hand.

I want to start off by talking about the director of this film, Shane Black. He's probably best known for Writing and Directing Robert Downey Junior's hit comeback film Kiss Kiss Bang Bang I've never seen it before but I can imagine it's probably really good. He also wrote other films like Last Action Hero, and the first two Lethal Weapon movies. Why do I bring this up? Well it's pretty rare for for a superhero film series to have a different director because it changes a lot of things, just look at Superman 4 and Batman and Robin compared to the first movies. Jon Favereu left to do other works, although judging by how Cowboys vs Aliens turned out it's probably for the better. I bring this up because this is movie is very different from the first two. Instead of the film taking the course of a few weeks this film seems to take place over two days, during Christmas for some reason at points it feels like a completely separate movie. but it certainly doesn't worse then it already is, this movie does fit Shane Black well it's overloaded with well executed action scenes.

However I do feel like there are parts in this movie that feel out of place it is disappointing we don't have the same wit of the previous two Iron Man films and more of pandering to really stupid juvenile humor at times similar to the Last Action Hero.

Shane Black's inexperience as director does show in this movie as well, mainly in the big action scenes. While in the small scale actions scenes he does do a nice job keeping tracking of the minor details but in the big action scenes he doesn't do a very good job. There are many inconsistent, shotty camera angles and editing errors it makes very hard to follow to get into it, but I only as minor nit pick because he still comes off as believable.

So what do I enjoy about the film, well the fact that this is Tony Stark's journey he has a lot of good character development and his actions in the movie are very believable. I remember there was disappointment over how we weren't going to see Tony have trouble with his alcoholism because Shane Black said it would linger on in the film, instead see him get panic attacks and it works very well for him. His final conclusion feels very rapped and makes me very disappointed RDJ has said no to Avengers 2. But I can imagine there's not to much left with his character.

As for the story itself it was really well executed, as soon as I saw something a disliked about it the story line just seemed to make up for it, including this one twist that almost made me want to leave but it felt like little had changed as it went on so it became better. Although there this one scene I think they had tacked on last minute just to fill a gaping plot hole. Overall I think I really enjoyed this film, its certainly not as good as its prequels but still very enjoyable and I can recommend it.
Old May 7, 2013, 06:24:40 PM
Rayquaza

I have to admit that I'm really starting to feel pretty depressed. It's been two weeks and I haven't worked one day so I guess they no longer want me to work at the restaurant after I worked there for two days. Apparently the head chef wanted his friend to have my job and I was hired by the owner.

So yeah I'm back to square one when it comes to looking for a job now and I'm really mad about this because it's to late for me to return to the amusement park I worked at so that ship has also sailed. I'm to busy studying for finals to focus on a job, plus I'm taking summer courses this summer so I won't even be able to work full time. Worst part is I'm running out of money and I can't stand be at home so much I really need a job to help keep me busy so I'm really mad and depressed about all of this.

The Summer Semester doesn't begin until May 30th so maybe that extra free time will make it able for me to find a job but if it doesn't I have no idea what I'm going to do.

My dad is also getting these job interviews from all over the country one from San Diego that's gone pretty well another from Reno. Now I'm actually really hoping that my dad does get a job out of state because I'm really sick of living Connecticut, I'm even considering joining the armed forces just so I can have some unique experiences so moving to the other side of country easily excites me. However I don't think very realistically about the situation mainly because I just can't envision it. I rarely talk to my friends as it is so that won't bother me much either.

I need to stop now I've done way to much writing today for my Comp class today, so until next time.
Old May 25, 2013, 07:04:58 AM
Rayquaza

Okay I have an actual review today.

Sanjay and Craig

For those of you who are not aware, Nickelodean is trying to revamp there image for the better despite there refusal to cancel Spongebob or Fairly Odd Parents. I know that the TMNT reboot is supposed to be good but I've honestly never given a crap about them, my sister was a fan of the show and it always just came off as too stupid none of the story lines even intrigued me to much. That and there's never any real character development in the show it's pretty much them just clashing with each other then turning back to normal by the end.

Anyways Nick has picked up a pilot for a new animated series and it is forgettable to say the least. These kind of shows where it's just a kid and his animal never really tend to last or even stand out because it's a relatively tired premise. This show uses a lot of over the top gross out humor which has kind of died down over the years. I never had Cartoon Network growing so I've never seen Cow or Chicken and I never even saw Ren and Stimpy until I was 14. I guess this show could be funny if your into it but I see it as a set back. There are a few jokes here and there that actually work like we get a tribute to 90s Hospital dramas. In the second episode we also get a random Dragon Ball Z tribute which was good but pointless. There's still some promise for this show but I can tell they're going to run out of ideas fast and the show will burn if it goes on for to long. I wouldn't expect that to happen the since I think older people will be disappointed by this despite the push by Nickelodeon, overall it's just to annoying for an older audience. I guess Nickelodean pushing for this because they saw the Ren and Stimpy vibe while there are some funny jokes I'm just gonna sit back watch this show fall into obscurity along with, El Tigre, The X's, Catscatch and Pelswick.

2/5

Next week I'm going to talk about the awesome new pilots Cartoon Network has released.

Last edited by Magmaster12; May 25, 2013 at 07:06:28 AM.
Old May 27, 2013, 08:12:07 AM
Rayquaza

Surprise Surprise I'm changing what I had planned to review today, my one reader can feel free throw wine bottles at me.

I'm totally psyched right now though, because today it has been revealed that after four years of being out of syndication classic episodes of Digimon will be airing on Nicktoons every week night isn't that fantastic? So I'm going to do a list Top 10 Best Episodes of Classic Digimon. Also to play it fair I'm not going to include any episodes of Savers on this list because right now I don't feel familiar enough with it and because it sucks and I dought Iput any on here anyways.

10.The Man in the Moon is You - Despite this episodes being part of the begining Digimon Frontier's gradual decline for the worst it did get something right the series always did , the humor. There was probably just as much focus on humor in this series as there was on action so I kind of felt I needed to put at least one humorus episode on the the list. This episode has probably some of the greatest gags of the gang, trying to find how to get off the moon.

Well hilarious antics combined with stupid planning ensue and it really works. We even have one serious moment in the beginning of this episode that will lead to serious forshadowing and doesn't even feel forced or out of place, so kudos to this episode unlike others that just couldn't balance it well enough.

9. Guilmon Comes Alive - In Case you can't tell Tamers is my favorite series so I think it's only fittingfor me to put the first episode on this list. If there's one thing Tamers was great at it was set up, and oh boy do we get a lot here. We have multiple characters becoming well established that we'll learn more about later combined with subtle hints of what's to come while not expecting for us to remember it in about 30 episodes.
This was the series that was supposed to take place in the "real world" where the anime is just an anime we get to see more realistic settings as well so it does a perfect job of setting up what's my favorite series transitioning from a Fantasy Adventure to a More Sci-Fi fantasy.

8. Jeri's Quest - I have no idea why I put this episode on my list, I seriously don't know so I'll try to be brief. Jeri wants a partner so she spends the entire episode chasing the muscular lion anthro digimon so it can be her partner, and hilarity ensues. It's a pretty bright comedic episode when you consider what's to come.
We also have set up, because every episode in this series which was nice but that's about it. Well aside from a kind of depressing ending anyways.

7. Genesis of Evil - The best part of 02 was easily Ken, and guess what this is the only episode on my list that's from Adventure 02. This were we learned about Ken's history and why he became the Digimon Emperor it's very deep and compeling because this is the first time we have a well developed villain we're left wanting and feeling sorry for him. It's easily an off episode because of this since the only character we do have in this episode is Ken and no one else.

The only reason why this episode isn't higher on my list is because I kind feel it was a cop out how Wormon came back to life but at least he deserved since he did get some redemtion.

6 The Fate of Two Worlds - While the final battle to Adventure was a huge cop out, good bye easily wasn't. We get to see for real how much everyone has changed along with a sad good bye from each of the characters. There's no battling in the last half of the episode and it works out very well, not to mention it's also very sad.
Of course this episode was when we really thought they woud never see eachother again and weren't aware of the fact that Digimon Adventure 02 would come along and make this good bye slightly pointless but it's very heart wrenching and sad.

5 Home Again,Takuya Returns - Now this episode is pretty simular to episode I put higher on my list but it's just so good I couldn't resist, that's and the way its played was still done very well. After loosing a battle Takuya decides to aboard a dark trailmon to the real world. Caught between his two separate lives he's transformed into a weird digimon hybrid, because SYMBOLISM.

So decides to spend the entire episode trying to prevent the events of the first episodes, going as far as to trying to murder himself! It work so well because you can tell he's unsure of his decisions through out the entire episode. This episode is so good it almost doesn't feel like it's from Digimon Frontier, it has real character development for Takuya and it really works. Plus like Man on the Moon this episode has some major foreshadowing of whats to come.

4. Prophesy - If there's one thing the most Digimon series get wrong it's not having episodes like this one. Every single episode has fighting, fighting, and more fighting, no room for character devlopment only fighting. Digimon Adventure had huge flaws and could have been a lot worse thanks to it's over crowded writing staff and plot holes. This episode is an example of what every series must do. Have an episode leading up to a battle, no fighting just a breather a moment to take in the tension so we can develop all the character at the right time while they still can.

We have characters like Joe and Izzy reaching there high point for character development and it's honestly sad along with all the kids who are worried about there parents. We get all this one episode all because there's no fighting, and it works!

3. Jeri Fights Back - It was hard choosing my favorite D-Reaper episode. This one took the cake because the tension was raised higher then ever, we have it justified for them to fight because they're the only option left. The moments leading up to the fight are amazing, just like Prophesy, not a lot of time is spent on fighting just interactions with there families, something that never goes wrong in the show. The D-Reaper Arc may have lingered on at times to get across the themes of the series but here we just have focus on what's needed leading up to the final episode bringing a close to a majority of all major plot lines.

2. Home Away From Home - This episode is certainly weird but in a good way. In the middle of the first half we have Tai returning back to the real world. This episode is very mysterous, we have little sound while the colors and annimation are really different. Almost to contrast with what we've seen in the digital world. The director of this episode has gone on to become a famous anime film director and his work is pretty amazing. Other then there's not much to say except for how I just love the feel of this episode.

The plot is also good set up for whats to come since unlike Takuya we have Tai want to return to the digital world because he knows he has to and it's what's best thing to do.

1. Bellzemon Battle - It's not cheating if you include three episode at once. This episode is not only good but a turning point for Tamers where it went from good to Amazing.

For the first time ever we seem to truly have our main characters close to actual death. The episodes are horrifying but amazing, I can't describe it or go into detail but I can only let the episode speak for itself. This was the episode where I became obsessed with Digimon I just knew I had to watch every single episode after watching this one morning on UPN when I was eight.

Tomorrow I'll do either the worst episode or the Cartoon Network Pilots, not sure odds are it'll be neither.

Last edited by Magmaster12; May 27, 2013 at 08:20:58 AM.
Old May 28, 2013, 11:43:55 AM
Rayquaza

Okay just I promised here is my list of what I see as the worst episodes of classic digimon.

10. EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF SAVERS - Okay I admit the real reason why I didn't put an Savers episode on m list is because I hate them all, if I could more then half of this list would consist of the episodes I really can't stand. From the terrible early fillers, to the dredfull finale. It's just to easy to make me put an episode on this list because there was barely any character development. However I will give an honorable mention to Kurata's Real plan where the entire first half of the episode was a recap and another opputunity to give Marcus character develpment only to quickly have redeemed without any conquinces because that was Savers and could never do anything wrong even when he already was.

Seriosly this show can burn in hell.

9.Togemon in Toytown - During the first arc of Digimon Adventure each character received there own episode so they could get there own evolution. In a way it helped show each character's role in the show and what they capable of doing in action. Like Tai stepping up for his partner, Joe trying to find his way to help out on his own, Sora protecting her partner and Izzy hacking the digimon mainframe. But Mimi, the most "Mary Sue" member of the group recieved the worst episode by far. All of the kids get kid napped except for her and she steps in, we get to see Togemon and that's it.

WE COULD HAVE DONE THAT ENTIRE EPISODE WITH A SEPERATE CHARACTER. Aside from being the weakest episode in the first half overall it's just very stupid but still easy to wipe off.

8.The Crest of Light - Don't worry this is my last episode of Adventure on this list and oh boy this one is weird. Aside from having the defeat of Machinedramon we have this really weird moment with Kari were she's possesed by the light spirit and frees a bunch a slave digimon and oh my god what the hell is going on in this episode?

I put this episode high on my list just because it's so freaking forgettable the best part is the fact the defeat of Machinedramon was pretty awesome, even if it should have been the main focus. After all giving Kari, the only character who is more a of Mary Sue, the character who acts like an adult and has no flaws at all random magical powers to get the plot moving, it felt they only did this so they could give Kari something to do.

7. If I only had a Heart - Oh Anckstimon or should I see BlackWarGreymon yet another victim of Adventure 02's crowded writing ideas. And guess what this entire episode is just devoted to him. Unlike another episode of Adventure 02, Genesis of Evil where we feel for Ken and his loss and rise as the Digimon Empereor, here we feel absolutely nothing.

Ankstimon was more of a plot device with him and the Sacred Stones, toget the plot moving so we could have the next ten episodes devoted to the heros getting there DNA evoltions. His entire arc was to obscure for adults but to dark for kids so no one really won in it. As I've learned no one cares about the emo kid that always complains about flowers.

6. Ice Ice Baby - Okay so imagine this, we're about the midway point of Digimon Frontier we just had the previous episode devoted to build up for the fight against Sherubimon showing off the new evolutions, aaaand nothing, we get interveened by Icedevimon that sounds like "get this" Christopher Walken.

As much as how awesome that sounds I don't want the middle series battle **** blocked by Christopher Walken! Takuya and Koji are left useless in this episode which doesn't matter since everyone else will be for the next 20 episodes after this. Look at other episode that took place before a big battle Prophesy or Jeri Fights Back we had room for more character devolpment for the better, here it feels like they needed someone to fight while Cherubimon left to eat his data. Something that would have been better if the group had just been left alone together with there thoughts and able to reflect off one another, because at least we could get something! I know the group claims this where Koichi was joined the group but it already felt like that. This is how you don't do a digimon series it's not about the fighting it's about the characters.

5. Better an Egg then an Egg Shell - I just have one huge irk about this episode that's why I put it on this list. It's a basic episode where we learn the back story and set up for the series. Then the second half happens, we meet the other three evil legendary warriors and our heroes can't stand up against them because well they just really suck in this show. And then this happens.

One hit, just one hit, that's all it takes to defeat a freaking god!
I know it sounds like I'm nitpicking but this is the evolution of MagnaAngemon the digimon that has been shown able to hold its own against other megas in adventure and he's able to get killed in one hit! And despite this being the first big sacrafice we have in series our heroes just wipe it off, because well it's a thing in this series.

4.The Good, The Bad, and The Digi - If there's one thing I can't stand about Adventure 02 it's these terrible, stupid fillers. I think I can just let this episode speak for itself, there's just so many examples of bad writing in this episode it makes my head spin. Digimon is one of those shows that didn't try talking down to it's viewers (well the undubbed version anyways) but this one is more capable for a four year then someone like me.

3. A Million Points of Light - There's some stuff I like about the ending to Adventure 02 and a lot I hate. I like the fact that the original digidestined go back to the camp where it only started. I hate the fact that portals open all over the world making Ankstimon's vinal act in vain. I like the moral they have on how you shouldn't give up on your dream. I hate the fact that it's Davis who at this point is so perfect he's some how able to give a speech. I like how we have all the digidestined around the world defeating Myotismon with light from the evolutions. However if there is one thing I truely can stand it's the epilogue.

Oh god that feaking epilogue, man do I hate it, I hate it so freaking much. There was absolutely no point in use seeing what would happen to them 30 years in the future, no point at all. I'm sure it was done because they wanted to close off the universe for good. Knowing what happens to these characters in this end makes them loose all the intrigue they have gained nothing is left to the viewer to wonder what happened to them, just an obvious smack in the face with nothing else thought out at all. The careers are random and completely misleading to about half the characters while others were hinted at. Honestly why would Tai work for the UN? Why would Sora the Tom Boy who nearly ran away from home to avoid a more active life style become a fashion designer? While some make sense it's still annoying. The worst one is Davis, who is so perfect his noodle stand didn't just do well, he couldn't be happy with that but because of his dream he becomes a millionaire and gets put on the cover of Time Magazine. And that's all it takes, a minute epilogue to ruin an entire 100 episode saga because there's nothing left to think it honestly makes it harder for me to rewatch Adventure knowing what they become.

2. Lucemon on the Loose - Lucemon at times was a pretty interesting villain I'm willing to say that . But after having so many episodes devoted to fighting this is the episode where I can say enough is enough. The entire digital world has been destroyed, half the moons have been destroyed, can please calm down to have a breather! No of course not we need yet another pointless sacrafice! The episode starts with Kouchi's sacrafice so all the spirits can merge into one and the end up defeating Lucemon. No wait his sacrafice ends up being completely pointless just like all others we've had on this list. Fighting yet again it was the only thing Frontier could do, even when all was lost despite the first full on death of a main character.

1. Davis Cries Wolfmon - Most digivoltions are caused when a Digimon's partner is in danger, so how are the going to have Veemon evolve? Well of course by having him act like a complete jackass for the entire episode. Davis wants Veemon to evolve just so he can get on a date with Kari, because well he's creepy that way. So Davis puts himself in danger through out the entire episode and of course instead of him learning his lesson it pretty much ends with him being rewarded for his own arrogance. This is the exact reason why no one likes Davis he just doesn't care and the series ends with him being perfect and getting the perfect ending.

Last edited by Magmaster12; May 28, 2013 at 11:52:06 AM.
Old May 29, 2013, 07:48:01 PM
Rayquaza

You know there are now plenty of reviews of Cartoon Network's pilots out there so I don't see to much of a point in reviewing them now.

However I will say this.
Go watch Lake Wood Plaza Turbo it is a combination of Dragon Ball, Adventure Time, and Mortal Kombat along with all the 80s references of Regular Show.

And since I'm back in classes tomorrow I think it's only fitting I do one more entry for the week.

After going through each of these pilots there's something I've noticed that's kind of bothered me. Each of these pilots is either trying to be like Regular Show or Adventure, even though back when these shows came out they were so well liked because of there originality so I seriously don't see the logic in that.

Not only that but with the launch of Teen Titans Go, it got me thinking. Young Justice is gone for good now there is no saving it, along with that just about every other serious cartoon has been cancelled. Star Wars Clone Wars is being replaced and there's been no real word on Beware the Batman in months. So who is to blame? Who is to blame on the fact that cartoons have given up on being emotional and having well developed characters, aside from an usual Adventure Time Episode?

That's right I'm blaming bronies on this one. A show that uses cheap animation has weak character development and an overall favoring of humor over everything. Now I know the morals in MLPFIM can be well thought if you're the target audience for the show and I admit that I can watch the show if it's a good episode.

However the show has given the impression, that us, alongside bronies, don't care about these morals and well thought out plots and only care about gags. Jokes are all that matters over story telling.

That's not the right way for programming, I can spend a full three minutes jingling keys in front a three year old, not because it's compelling but just because it's fun to look at and a quick way to burn time. That's the ideology for shows like Teen Titans Go, nothing should be learned as long as the kids are distracted. This is basically the writers for a show taking the easy way out because then you have Ultimate Spiderman were you think you're clever when you're really just righting with a dead cactus.

So please even if the show is funny I have to ask for you people to stop watching Teen Titans Go so we can have an end to these gag only programming before it goes from bad to worse, the last thing I want to see is Cartoon Network turn into Disney XD.

Speaking of which has anyone seen there upcoming original programming, it's exactly what I'm going against, just taking an idea without any real approach of though. I mean they're coming up with a show about Pac Man! PAC MAN
Its like they wanted a show based off a video game character and this was the cheapest one they could afford!

Seriously was Q*Bert not available? When I said they're bringing back 80's cartoons I was not expecting this, maybe next they'll bring back Galaxy High starring another Disney Star I'm unfamiliar with. When I said we needed a more video game oriented TV show this isn't what I had in mind but it's a step up, maybe personally I'd prefer to see Lakewood Plaza Turbo get picked for a full series, so spread the word of that.

Anyways here's my final verdict, we just need less shows that are all humor like Teen Titans Go and more action oriented shows that currently non existent like Young Justice. It's nice that we still have shows with occasion if not weak morals, we still need more that can actually stay focused on what's it doing and not based on getting the kids to laugh every two seconds.
Old June 13, 2013, 04:16:01 PM
Rayquaza

Well it's that time of year again E3 has come and gone, we've had a fair share of awesome moments, we laughed at Microsoft yet again, and had a fair share of disappointment.

Nintendo did a good job revealing there own first party games, however there is one thing I'm actually really disappointed by. Mario, Zelda, Smash Brothers, Pikmin, Yoshi. and Donkey Kong, yes these reveals are great but one thing bothers me.

The lack of overlooked franchises, sure we had Pikmin but what about there other franchises that haven't even gotten much of a chance in the last few years?

Heck I'm incredibly disappointed we're nearly 2 years into a new generation and we still haven't even had a Kirby game! There's so much Kirby can do on the 3DS and Wii U why are they still making us way? Heck Kirby is the king of taking over in game gimmicks we don't even deserve to wait this long just do it already!

The other three that I'm also disappointed by are F-Zero, Star Fox and Metriod. Now I know that it can be issue, these franchises are pretty much closed off from sequels because there storylines have come to a conclusion.

First there have been worse excuses for games to continue there story, as seen above.

Also not like these games can have, oh I don't know

REBOOT

Let's face it at least one of the endings to Assault has to be cannon why not restart the series by continuing with one of of them? Plus the Wii U would great for the franchise, imagine the graphics they'd be able to pull off in a Star Fox on the Wii U! Not only that but the game pad would make great use for multiplayer or mapping.

F-Zero is just a game that's kind of already been rebooted but it badly needs a new refreshing feel. While the motion control for the brutal racing will work great I think it would also be interesting if they included more action, like nonracing side quests. Also this another that badly needs to be put into good graphics.

Metriod I don't have a whole lot to comment on, aside from the fact that Other M may have ruined the franchise for good. Unlike others I'm not really sure how the franchise could really do anything different but Samus probably should stay in the main role maybe it could take place after Fusion. I'm with whatever they do as long as they don't destroy Samus' character to much again.
Old June 16, 2013, 07:34:32 AM
Rayquaza

Default Sonic The Hedgehog in Animation over the years

So appears someone is listening to my demands for more video game based programming by making a new Sonic Cartoon, however it appears to be screwed since I also had a demand for less shows to be like MLPFiM and this is made by one of there writers.

Of course to understand Sonic Cartoons, I might as well go over each of them.

For those of you who don't know in the early 90's there were two Sonic cartoons, one a serious, gritty action show, Sonic the Hedgehog the other a poorly made loony tones wannabe comedy, The Adventure of Sonic the Hedgehog. And the worse one stayed around two years long then the other. Both shows were made by DiC, the company also known for making the horrible Mario Bros show and Inspector Gadget

I find it strange how people criticize the good animated series though, like how it's original plot was unwanted. The original plot to the Sonic the Hedgehog games was rescuing a bunch of cute woodland creatures from an overly obese man what's the plot there? Seriously there's nothing wrong with originality and praise Sonic for doing it rather then just ripping off other movies or putting out bad plots like the Zelda and Mario cartoon. Heck there's even a long running comic that's slightly based off this show that's but running since 1993 that I've heard is good.

As for the The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog I think the Nostalgia Critic has already summed it up nicely.

There was also a Sonic the Hedgehog movie, from what I can remember about the movie it was pretty good as a one off story.

Then in 1999 Sonic Underground came out.
Why should I explain the show when I can just post the opening?

Don't worry I have no idea what the heck I just watched either.

You have Sonic and his long lost siblings searching for there mother while destroying there enemies with the power of rock and roll.

Once I start doing video reviews I WILL GO OVER THIS.
As you can imagine this is the adaption most hated by fans. It's not like it's a really bad series but it definitely came out at the wrong time. After all in 1999 the year this show came out, Sonic Adventure had come out for Dreamcast and the franchise was just begining to have the identity it has today it really did not need this poorly made adaption when there was so much visible source material.

And finally there's the newest and probably well known.

I admit I enjoy this show, it followed the aspects and plot of the games very well while bringing in some really good drama of its own especially during the final season. That and I freaking love the theme song to the show.

Of course that doesn't mean I don't have my gripes with the show. There were moments were it would be way too kid friendly in the first two seasons, relying on stupid plots and bad comic relief. Not to mention the fact that Chris a character created for the show was pretty useless especially in final season. And of course the obvious edits done by 4kids to dumb down the show didn't help much either, seriously look up the edits they did to the show its actually really ridiculous.

But I still enjoyed a faithful adaption is better then no adaption, certainly a better adaption then the pokemon anime can be at times.

So we've had two bad shows two good ones and a movie I can hardly remember as good or not. I can certainly say I'm pretty skeptical about the idea of another comedic based Sonic program based off how bad previous ones have been. I mean the guy behind this show hasn't real done much, I mean he's worked on Scary Movie. I think between this and the upcoming Pac-Man series I have every right to say be afraid.

However there's still no telling how this will turn out whether we will get another faithful adaption or just another Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog I mean at least the new Pac-Man series will probably be a bad comedic adaption because Capcom is trying to reboot the character right now with new source material. But once again I guess I should just be glad we're getting another video game based series so maybe then Lakewood Plaza Turbo will get picked up.

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 16, 2013 at 07:36:41 AM.
Old June 22, 2013, 08:16:24 AM
Rayquaza

Just leaving a quick announcement, I've decided to completely stop my rewatching of Digimon Data Squad because I've finally realized why I hate the show so much and why some people are just okay with it. My main gripe is just how over the top it is, the entire seasons throws a lot at me I'm expected to believe it and there's only so much my suspension of disbelief can take, I was okay with this in previous because they were kids shows it was okay to bend the rules for them but this shows audience wasn't directed for children so it should have at least tried to be more logical. There's just so many plot points in the show that feel overlooked or are just never brought up again taking away my attention from the series because instead every single episode needed to have a fight in it. I means there's just so many plot holes and mistakes in Data Squad but they never bother to cover them up or be insightful enough for me.

So if you like no nonsense shows with lots of action and don't care about character development then you might enjoy this show sometimes. Personally I think there are a lot more animes out there that do this better. Heck watch Gurren Laggen, I don't care much for how over the top that anime was but at least it actually had a consistent animation budget unlike Data Squad.

So now that I'm done trying to rewatch Digimon, I've decided it's time to resume my anime reviews. However since I can't get my episodes back from my old computer I might as well start in the middle. For those of you who don't know for over a year now Boomerang has been consistently showing every singe episode of pokemon in order and starting two weeks from now they're going to start showing the beginning Black and White so I'm now going to review every episode starting with that series instead so stay tuned for that right here.
Old June 23, 2013, 09:21:41 AM
Rayquaza

You know I've always been a big fan of Roller Coaster Tycoon, I've been playing this series since I was five years and I still love it today, it's one of those games that's usually very good in small doses but can still be very fun. Running your own amusement park with a diverse set of scenery, landscape, and rides truly makes Roller Coaster Tycoon worthy of being an instant classic.

There hasn't been a new RCT game in nearly 10 years so I was pretty excited when I found out a new game was coming out on 3DS. Sure there have been other amusement park games but neither have lived up to their predecessors with their well thought out landscapes which the new games never seem to bother even thinking of. Heck most of them are just like those repetitive Facebook games where just point and click and then save up to buy better rides because there is no way you'd give any actual money to them.

In the past other Tycoon DS games have sucked because you're only forced to one save file which can get pretty annoying. This game is no exception, as if that isn't bad enough the overall gameplay is just terrible. Your landscape is the same bland one for every level so as you can imagine the game alone gets boring quick. Though on the plus side they did go out of their way to include all of the classical rides carried over from RCT3 but that isn't enough by a long shot unless you only like playing the game in Sandbox mode, but I don't see challenge in that but at least Sandbox mode has different landscapes but they're all pretty bland because there's no attention to detail for any of them, just a different sky and ground nothing interesting at all. Worst part is there are no default coaster tracks, you're supposed build your own which I suck at, or get them from other people through street pass as if other people are actually playing this game. The controls themselves work out pretty especially for a game that was meant to be on PC.

So is the game worth it? I'd say hell no. I payed 5$ for this game and that's still too much for the time I wasted trying to find something fun in this game and I would highly suggest you don't buy it unless you want to play Sandbox in a very small locations on your 3DS with poorly done controls, I highly suggest just stick to the PC version though.

1/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 23, 2013 at 09:22:02 AM.
Old July 6, 2013, 12:38:04 PM
Rayquaza

You know I think it's to everyone I certain Nicktoon has had a severe dicline in quality.

No not that bad I'm talking about this.

I know big surprise!

Like it's over done cousin has been on to long Fairly Odd Parents was originally supposed to be cancelled at certain point in season 7, however after a failure of all there non Spongebob animated programming (sound familiar?) they decided to bring the show back. As if that wasn't bad enough they decided to "celebrate" by bringing a baby. This was a bad idea from start, because the whole point of fairies having god child is because they can't have there own, it's also idea because it creates another unneeded character or a third wheel. However before all this, the show had begun declining in quality. At one point the plot of this show was about a boy and his fairies with accational comical reactions. There was no need for tension or a villain because the possibilities for what could happen where endless, watch the Oh Yeah original shorts and tell me if they're weren't less creative and thought as well as today.

The first time the show jumped the shark was introduced Crocker, I admit early on he was a good villain and there was certainly a well thought out perspective of how others saw his viewpoint. Then Abra-Castrophy came out and we got to see him finally capture Cosmo and Wanda and take over the world. Okay now what? We basically saw our villain achieve his goal briefly, once that happens there is no point of using that character ever again and yet the writers just felt the need for tension over and over again. Crocker went from a funny villain to just annoying because we saw him reach his goal what would be the point in using Crocker again if he could barely out do himself?

Of show continued and got worse and worse at doing what it did. They couldn't just use Crocker for every episode so they got even worse they had force even more unnecessary tension for every single episode creating even more stupider and stupider plots. We even got a Darth Vader rip off as a villain because Butch Hartman loves Star Wars and screw originality. We have character that can wish for anything tension is not needed, this show only works if it's comical.

Speaking of which here is what makes the show even worse Da Rules. Where do I begin with it? It is incredibly inconsistent, one episode he's not allowed to use an episode for competition in another he's able to use heat vision to win a competition. Da Rules is more of plot device then a guideline. For example, Timmy wishes for him to be the Most Wanted Kid in the Universe leading to every fairy to compete for him in a cage match because fairies are stupid. Yet it doesn't cover stuff on a global basis, think about the amount of times Timmy has gone out of his way to change the entire world, like everything being the same or almost destroying the world. How is it Timmy is the only fairy god child able to do this? I don't know this is just my stupid simultaneous disbelief kicking in.

And finally here's my biggest issue with this show, the characters. Early on each of the characters where nothing very special but still pretty relatable and easy to like. Now that's changed, according to Butch Hartman I mean he also does in Tuff Puppie too. All Males, Timmy, Dad, Cosmo, Jorgan and Crocker are complete morons it's there only defining character traits. While all females like Wanda and Mom, are nags because that's the only thing woman do, complain about there man. See the problem yet? When you have all your characters act exactly the same there is no likability or relatability what so ever.

I can appreciate the fact there are some funny moments at times, but doesn't make up for the show's bad story telling and lack of creativity. Heck I enjoy Regular Show and early episodes Adventure Time because they are creative which I can take over failing humor any day. The show's overall spark and originality was run stale, we've been restickted to using the same ideas for to long or just having them used poorly. The show has jumped the shark in process of attempting original ideas because they were not good and predictable. This show either needs better writers who can come up with creative ideas (which is nearly impossible for Nick) or be cancelled that's all I can say if you can't get a show right with endless possibilities you deserve to go down the toilet with Johnny Test.
Old July 11, 2013, 01:13:16 PM
Rayquaza

Well it's going to happen sooner or later but one day Legend of Korra will return.

The only the show on Nick I think is worth watching and I'm still incredibly skeptical about it.

At this point think the reasons are pretty obvious, the first season of Korra was terrible. That's saying a lot to a sequel to such a great show like The Last Airbender but the show really did have some serious story telling. However my expectations are still high that next season will be much better since I know what this show is capable of good story telling. So because of my excite for season 2 here's a Top 5 list of things Korra needs to do to improve.

5. Better Character Development
I think this ones pretty obvious, in the original saga each character had put themselves on there own journey or path learning along the way. We believed all of it because it wasn't forced. But Korra failed to do this at all. The finale practically undid all the damage done on half the characters like Chief Lin because she got her Earth Bending restored undoing her big sacrifice to take on Amon alone. Korra even magically getting her bending powers restored was border line Mary Sue territory because she didn't need to do anything to get them back. Even with that there were character that had poor development all together, Asamni never seems to show any doubt at all towards killing her own father! While Asamni was an interesting character the choices she made towards the end seemed to come out of no where because of the lack of set up! As for the other characters I'll get to them.

4.Better Pacing
I think this one was pretty obvious especially because of the show's rushed production. However that doesn't give them any excuse for there down right awful set up. The show barely had any time to set up or introduce new characters, we would go from plot a to plot b in heart beat, absolutely no air time what so ever. The poor pacing really set back the overall plot and made everything worse then it all already is.

3. Fix Mako
I feel like I shouldn't devote a space to single character but there you go. Mako has no personality aside from according to descriptions of him, hot. Being attractive is not a character trait! It can lead to other character traits but it's certainly no excuse for a well developed character! I hate the fact that they established he's changed over the course of the series because of Korra even though he really has done nothing since character development requires a personality to be changed! This never happened to Mako instead he's just a disposable love interest for Asamni and Korra. Between him and Edward from Twilight they're living proof you have to be as boring as possible to get girls.

2. Better Villains
You know it really shouldn't have been so hard to write Amon. His set up was good overall in the beginning. The fact that in the end he was an underdeveloped hypocrite is no surprise as at all and left him with incredible disappointment. The worst part is the whole theme of benders being inferior was completely lost by the end of the series ruining the main message this show tried to get across.

1. Just Forget about Season 1
I know this sounds crazy but everything should just be restarted! The after math, the character development in the end it didn't matter. If you pay attention to the previous season you'll notice there's already little to no set up for another season, unlike previous seasons of The Last Airbender. If Korra wants to have a new recurring plot line that's fine with me but it just needs to go on and forget what was a terrible first season and move on.

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 11, 2013 at 01:38:29 PM.
Old July 11, 2013, 07:04:49 PM
Landorus

While I do sort of agree with what you're saying, I think you're overlooking something:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Legend of Korra was initially conceived as a 12-episode miniseries. Nickelodeon declined the creators' pitch for an Avatar follow-up animated movie based on what then became the comic The Search, choosing instead to expand Korra to 26 episodes. The series was expanded further in July 2012 to 52 episodes. These episodes will be grouped into four separate "books" composed of 12 to 14 episodes ("chapters") each, with each book telling a stand-alone story. The Legend of Korra will conclude with the fourth book.
So the first "Season" was supposed to be it, but for whatever reason they decided to expand it into four different "books". I'm not saying that means they couldn't have done better with it, but I personally thought it was pretty good for just 12 episodes.
Old July 12, 2013, 03:58:13 AM
Rayquaza

That's what everyone says though, but it's still no excuse for the fact that the show is poorly paced especially when you had pointless side plots like the Pro-Bending games.

That and corporate meddling is never an excuse to give a series a brake in my opinion.

I was close to putting, let the creators have control over the amount of episodes produced on the list but I think that's already obviously going to happen.

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 12, 2013 at 03:59:02 AM.
Old July 12, 2013, 05:14:24 PM
Rayquaza

So recently I went to ConnectiCON by myself, this was the first convention that I've ever been to so I was really looking forward to it and I'm willing to admit that it really meet my own personal expectations.

I had start off by waiting in line for two hours so I could get my membership badge, it was totally worth it though since I got to see a lot of awesome cosplays, the two most popular ones were Korra and Deadpool. My cosplay was total crap, I was a hipster pokemon trainer and I barely put in any effort. But oh man some of the stuff these people do to look like Anime characters is amazing.

As soon I got my badge I went to Doug Walker's Panel on movies we hate or like that everyone else dislikes or likes. It was a really fun panel and I really wish I could have arrived earlier to see the whole thing but it was still awesome because it ran on for an extra fifteen minutes.

Next I went to a Q and A Panel with Jim Cummings who is better known for playing Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Scar and Dark Wing Duck. It was pretty amazing learning about an actual voice actor in person and hearing someone do the actual voices I grew up I'll probably never forget my experience watching that panel.

I actually then left the panel early to see if I could attend the autograph section with Doug Walker. I was really eager because I had already missed the guys from Team Four Star and I thought it would be funny if I had him sign a copy of the worst nostalgic movie I own, The Shaggy Dog. However the line was full and I couldn't get him to sign my DVD.

So instead I walked around the Convention Center, I got to see a bunch of people playing multitudes of video games on nearly every consoles, I even got to play some of the older ones myself. They even had Arcade Games set up like DDR and Drum Beat, I couldn't even play those games because they were so crowded though.

On the other side of the convention there were a lot of people trying to sell things. However because I'm still unemployed I decided to keep my spending at a minimum. I bought toy Golducks and Psyducks inside of a Toy Master Ball so I could get something to go along with my cosplay. I also picked up a bunch of comics that were going for only a dollar which was pretty nice. I wish I could have gotten a lot more nice stuff but I'll get it next year when I have a job.

After walking around knowing I've seen everything I just went into some random panels I really could not understand at all because I wasn't familiar with the host. After walking around more I decided I had enough and went home

The place alone was really crowded I got over 100 people on spot pass in one day, I now have people from 20 different states and 5 different countries. I even finally got a person from Canada who was oddly from Yukon which is the farthest part of Canada you can get. At least I managed to complete about 4 of my puzzle pieces.

Hopefully I'll be able to go next year for multiple days because I really did have a lot of fun. Next year I'm hoping to have a better cosplay I didn't spent 1$ on and be able to get Doug Walkers autograph.

Okay now here are some random pics I took, I suck at taking pictures and I was so ashamed of my cosplay I'm not in any of them.

Next week I'm going to watch and review Pacific Rim and that swimming anime I keep seeing on Tumblr because I want to talk about something different.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0206[1].JPG
Views:	604
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	5129   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0207[1].JPG
Views:	555
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	5130   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0208[1].JPG
Views:	598
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	5131   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0209[1].JPG
Views:	590
Size:	868.9 KB
ID:	5132   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212[1].JPG
Views:	680
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	5133  
Old July 17, 2013, 01:02:44 PM
Rayquaza

So I decided to do this as a video review today in one take so you know it's gonna be good.

There's some stuff I feel I forgot to mention but I'm still okay with it.

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 17, 2013 at 01:02:59 PM.
Old July 23, 2013, 04:09:16 PM
Rayquaza

Okay once again I'm making another personal blog because I have had yet another insane day!

First I decided to go to school today so I could finish up my Composition folder. For those of you who don't know my car is a piece of crap, I've been having trouble with it since day one! I have trouble with the brakes, the transistor, the battery, and the automatic windows. Needless to say I've had no luck with it. Two weeks ago I noticed oil was leaking out of the car, apparently my car loves doing this because it does it a lot. Today was the first day in a nearly a week when I decided to use my own car, I figured that since it was running so well I'd fill it up with 25$ worth of gas. And of course as soon as I try pulling out of the station after having so much trouble with the gas pump the engine kind of just breaks down. Not only was there oil leaking but the antifreeze was too. Only me, Tyler Gray could have the most bizarre luck of having there car break down on the last day he needed it after filling up half his gas tank. Why is my life more ironic then an actual sitcom? This is seriously the reason why I keep getting geared more towards being a writer because my life can be such a freaking joke sometimes and I feel it needs to be shared.

Of course I eventually barrowed my Dad's car who called AAA, I'm pretty sure I'm never using my crappy old Buick again. I had trouble doing my writing at the school because I had trouble focusing, so I went to McDonald's. I now this sounds insane but despite the insane sugar ridden children around I was actual able to clear my thoughts and think better. Although it may have been because I wasn't very hungry any more. So of course I managed to hand in my portfolio for my Composition Class, I'm hoping I pass the class because I know for sure there's no way I'm passing Biology even though I'm really unhappy with what I gave my professor.

I pretty much spent the rest of the day looking at used car dealers, my dad is unemployed so I have to pay for half the car so we're looking for something that's under 1200$. Currently considering a 950$ Buick Skylark, a Dodge Neon or Subaru Legacy Sedan. The one I want the most is the Legacy since it sporty and it has all wheel drive and better GM then the Buick. Plus it's not a Dodge so I know it probably won't break down.

Here's an image of the Subaru from eBay

So yeah I had a lot to write about today now that I'm done with my classes until September I focus on writing things for this blog today. Tomorrow Top 10 Best outside Pokemon, Pokemon References.

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 23, 2013 at 05:12:24 PM.
Old July 23, 2013, 06:13:02 PM
Kyurem

At first I was like "Yeah, Subaru!" but then out of curiosity I decided to find the one you were talking about, and, um...

Name:	$(KGrHqNHJEIFH,,mU!bSBR407dQgHw~~60_3.JPG
Views:	728
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	5201

Yeah... that's gonna cost quite a bit to repair, and who knows the state of the rear suspension and axle. It'll probably need to be repaired to pass inspection too. I would recommend hunting Craigslist for privately-owned things as they're generally a little cheaper, but it's also pretty dangerous if you're not experienced.

Last edited by NismoZ; July 23, 2013 at 06:13:36 PM.
Old July 23, 2013, 07:13:59 PM
Rayquaza

I'm already well aware of damage but my dad is really good with cars and we should be able to fix it plus we're trying to get it on ebay for 900$.

That and I love Subaru's especially a sporty one like that.

On Craig List a lot of people in Hartford area are selling new Mercedes for 392$

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 23, 2013 at 07:37:38 PM.
Old July 29, 2013, 04:56:49 PM
Regigigas

Well, it certainly looks like that car was in a wreck. Do you know if it's been in other wrecks? I'm gonna assume yes since it's kinda cheap... What year is it? How many miles?Then I'll know if it's cheap or no. Regardless, if parts go down, you may find them cheap but usually it doesn't matter if the car is old or new, parts can still be expensive varying on the brand. Careful selecting your car!

Way to go on the older cars! Cheaper car insurance and the like.
Old July 29, 2013, 05:08:02 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
Well, it certainly looks like that car was in a wreck. Do you know if it's been in other wrecks? I'm gonna assume yes since it's kinda cheap... What year is it? How many miles?Then I'll know if it's cheap or no. Regardless, if parts go down, you may find them cheap but usually it doesn't matter if the car is old or new, parts can still be expensive varying on the brand. Careful selecting your car!

Way to go on the older cars! Cheaper car insurance and the like.
I actually picked the car up today and dropped it off a Subaru dealership for an airbag test which is required for a salvage car.

Not much is known about it's history since the guy I got from got it from an auction. However the las t owner took out the radio apparently

It's from 1999 and has 187,000 miles on it but it still runs great.

Here's some more pictures and no I'm not showing the damage aside from how the trunk won't close.

I thought it would be black but it's actually dark purple at least it has a sun roof.

SPOILER    

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 29, 2013 at 05:11:09 PM.
Old July 29, 2013, 05:17:14 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
I actually picked the car up today and dropped it off a Subaru dealership for an airbag test which is required for a salvage car.

Not much is known about it's history since the guy I got from got it from an auction. However the las t owner took out the radio apparently

It's from 1999 and has 187,000 miles on it but it still runs great.

Here's some more pictures and no I'm not showing the damage aside from how the trunk won't close.

I thought it would be black but it's actually dark purple at least it has a sun roof.
You had to do an airbag test? Hmm, that's kinda odd. Not enough history, huh. Oh well, but it comes in handy to predict where it could break down and such.

Oooff, that's a lot of miles. How much? I'm not sure how long those cars generally last, but I can put money that you may run into transmission problems slightly after 200,000, if it makes it that far. Does it change it's gears properly, still? Other from than that, I, personally, like the car. Nice sportsy, slim look and the color is fine. I don't like the interior too much since that cloth looks really cheap, but covers can fix that. No radio? xD I wonder if it has speakers. xD
Old July 29, 2013, 05:49:05 PM
Rayquaza

All salvaged cars are required to have an airbag check I thought I made myself clear with that. I'll probably look into getting some awesome seat covers. Also yes it does still have its speakers.
Old July 29, 2013, 06:09:23 PM
Regigigas

Umm, ok. Not all salvaged cars are marked this way because of wrecks. Regardless, I get your point and THE LAW'S point.

Yay! So just a stereo!
Old August 7, 2013, 07:02:07 PM
Rayquaza

Okay I feel like I've kind of slacked off this blog lately by I need to put up my post count but here it is as promised.

Top Accurate Pokemon References in Pop Culture

Now I'm not talking about parodies like Pokemon on South Park or Norm I'm talking flat out accurate references that make a Pokemon fan like me squee. So no parodies just random references that make the show slightly redeemable through the eyes of a pokemon like me.

House M.D. stars a dysfunctional doctor who is not only really smart but also rather childish he's commonly seen playing video games or other stuff plus he's played by the brilliant Hugh Laurie. And some writer got him to say this.

Not only did he reference Arceus but the fact that he also made reference to the Time-Space Trio direct from the game rather then just using Arceus' name.

Are We There Yet is an annoying TBS sitcom "based off" the movie of the same name starring Terry Crews about getting "there". It's just ass awful as it sounds. The son in the show is basically a pop culture dictionary making so many "nerdy" references, funny thing about them is that most of them are accurate including this one.

Not only does he get points for getting each one right and randomly naming Mewtwo Returns but bonus points for calling out Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is good.

Mad is Cartoon Network's sketch comedy show where a lot of the humor ranges from okay to just plain annoying. THe show is also riddled with a bunch of random Pokemon or Dragon Ball Z references and a lot of skits focused on them suck and can be really inaccurate but this one isn't to bad as much how I hate how people straight up ignore past the original 150. But this is still good satire on Team Rocket which is well deserved.

Community is, well it's just a really awesome show the first three seasons anyway if if I were to describe the premise it would actually turn away people then convince them. This was a really quick reference and I can't find a clip on it so I'll try to be brief. Basically the entire gang is sucked into a video game world and the entire episode is nothing but awesome, well thought out, clever references to other video games. Of course they couldn't go this episode without make a reference to pokemon.
When one main character tries to talk to a video game character there's a long list of topics including old man trainer, fly on a bird, cinnamon island, and seal along shore. All that is a reference to the old man glitch

Wouldn't put that on the list if Missingno didn't make a split second appearance when the game become glitched up.

The Simpsons has also made a lot of Pokemon References but I'm posting this one because it's the most ironic

I think they only did this because around this time the amount of pokemon episodes aired in america surpassed The Simpsons. Plus they kind of got Ash's Hat correctly so yay for that. Also worth noting The Simpson's Comic has made even more references to pokemon.

There's also the intergalactic warrior from Planet Apokolips becoming addicted to the Pokemon TCG.

I'm not a fan of her character or TCG but this makes me want to be a fan of both.

Last edited by Magmaster12; August 7, 2013 at 07:28:34 PM.
Old August 13, 2013, 05:30:47 PM
Rayquaza

So another year has passed for me, and I'm now one year away from no longer being a teenager. That and well one year has passed for me and yet it just feels incredibly empty for me.

While I'm glad I've managed to get my licence and pass a majority of my college courses I still feel pretty empty. I just felt incredibly lonely because I never hang out with other people it feels like I've spent way to much at home by myself or with my parents. Even though I have no friends to be around I guess I should be happy with what I got, a computer, my own bed, cable tv and of course a loving family. I'm still worried I may get some anxiety from not socializing enough but I guess I'm just gonna have to try harder to be more impulsive. I really need to get a job soon also, I'm almost completely out of money and I have no idea how I'm going to pay for gas once I get my car. I'm also starting school again in September every Tuesday and Thursday, I left the rest of the week open so hopefully I can get a job.Until school starts I'm just going to continue doing a lot of writing, reading comics and rewatching my favorite shows like Young Justice.

Hopefully by this time next year I'll have friends I can hang out with and job I can waste my time better in.

Last edited by Magmaster12; August 13, 2013 at 05:31:33 PM.
Old August 18, 2013, 06:17:49 PM
Rayquaza

You know a lot of people have a lot of bad things to say about the new episodes a Spongebob and yeah I agree a majority of them, they're not well thought out, they're not creative and just drawn out completely. But that doesn't mean there were signs that the show could be bad even before The Spongebob Movie, keep in mind that majority of the crew has stayed the same over the years while others have gone on to make far better shows like Adventure Time, Flap Jack or Chowder. But the flaws that people point out in the new episodes of the show are still visible in the later episodes.

So here's my 5 Worst Pre Movie Spongebob Episodes.

Ripped Pants - If you remember the year 2000-2005 clearly you should remember that this episode was basically the huge "seller" for Spongebob. Everywhere and I mean every where was there an image of Spongebob with Ripped Pants like it was the HUGE gimmick of the show. Now this was one of the second episodes aired and it's really not as good as I remember. This episode is an example of a phase most animated shows go though early on, a lack of real direction Did they want the show to be logical and meaningful with morals and lessons? Did they want out right humor and nothing else? Did they just want um random songs? This episode goes in some many directions but it's certainly not bad as today's episodes that actually need better direction overall. Fortunately this is the only real example of early "troubles" the show had.

F.U.N. - I know the song is catchy but for me the gimmick of this episode has really dried out on me the fact that Plankton can just turn good so freaking easily is quite annoying but at least in this episode Spongebob is able to identify Plankton as trader, because you know he's not that stupid any more.
Dumped - When I saw this episode recently I thought it was a more recent one because it has everything in the show that sucks today. First off we off characters being unnecessarily cruel Check. People being played off as mean for humor Check. Patrick being oblivious to point were he is intolerable Check. I horrible last minute ending Check. Worst of all this episode is just outright cruel and has no funny or memorable jokes just a random plot device played out poorly for 11 minutes just like all the other new episodes all this episode needed was to have Spongebob spend half the episode crying.

The Secret Box - You know a lot people call out on how Nick has Spongebob on there schedule to much and that 6 hours a day of Spongebob is to much. I can certainly agree but they've been drying out this sponge for reruns for years. Some episodes more commonly then others, and that includes this one. This episode has just been shown way to much over the years and it seriously now drives me insane. I mean it's just one plot line one long plot line with a weak resolution and it's all drawn out for to long making our character complete jerks, I'd probably be insane right now if this wasn't the episode that comes before Band Geeks.
As seen on TV - Once again another episode I think that got draw out to much but it easily has some better jokes to it my problem is how once again the plot is drawn out for to long but not much else for me to complain about it could honestly have been far worse.

Dumped - This was such a bad episode I honestly checked to make sure it wasn't a newer but I was really surprised to find out this one is from Season 2 and ignored by the fandom. It has everything a bad episode of Spongebob has today. Patrick acting intolerably annoying Check. Unneeded cruelty played for humor Check. Drawn out plot Check. A poorly thought out ending Check. All that this episode needed was to have Spongebob spend half the episode crying and I wouldn't tell the difference.

To be fair to these episode each of them still have relateble plot lines something the newer episodes miss entirely plus the humor and characters are still better written. Do I think these episodes as bad as the new ones? Yes. Do they do serve bashing? Meh. Spongebob has become dried out bashing on it is completely meaningless these days and there's still far better quality here then the worst of the worst episodes it's best to try to avoid Spongebob as much as possible until the day will come when Nick airs it only once a week.

Last edited by Magmaster12; August 18, 2013 at 06:26:08 PM.
Old September 4, 2013, 07:26:16 PM
Rayquaza

Well it's been over three years since Digimon Xros Wars and finally this Saturday at 1:30 PM the show will finally debut on Nickelodeon making it the first time in years I'll actually watching this continually failing network. While there have been some stupid dub changes thanks to the FCC like the refusal to use the word battle or war and stupid name changes that completely miss the point. Seriously they change the names of all the human characters but they don't change Dorulumon's name which actually translates to Drillmon.

Regardless I still have high hopes for this dub, Savers proved the dub is no longer making stupid jokes or unnecessary story changes. Even though if they show added humor it wouldn't be as awkward as other series. Hopefully the plot doesn't get fully butchered and this increases interest in the Digimon Franchise here in the states again.

So here are my main reasons to watch Digimon Fusion

1. All the characters are pretty well developed. I know I can get people to disagree with me on this but one aspect I really enjoyed about Fusion was how well developed its characters are just like previous seasons. However unlike others the digimon themselves are once again individuals they're not complete drones that follow there partners on every wim, they have there own problems and motives and quirks which is what drew me into the show the most. Even are main digimon Shoutmon has his own set of goals and while the series would even go on to admit he was like a Marcus digimon clone I found him likable because 1. His stupidity and attitude was played for comedy giving him a proper comupence when he acted too annoying 2. We actually find early on why he wants his goal we see him go out of his way to protect others unlike Marcus who just wants to protect his family when the plot wants it. While other character may get neglected show they still have there shining moments they're also interesting characters despite spending time on side which has been common for the series. Personally I love this about shows, I love shows that handle a wide cast easily without any of them becoming boring.

2. The Animation is Top Notch. Unlike previous seasons this one actually budget for some reason, with a total of three different animation studios working on the show because of this the animation is a lot more fluid and diverse while it's not Miyozaki level it's still much better then all the reused animation we've seen in the past.

3. The Villains. Now this mainly applies to the second arc but I found a lot of the enemies in the show to be very intriguing they all had there own set of personalities and battle strategies mixing up the show and preventing it from becoming more repetitive which is a change from your typical, send out the evil digimon and see what happens that we usually get in this show.

4. The music, HAH the music this show is incredible with the usual veterans making great music and installment themes. Oh wait this is digimon odds are we'll get the music replaced oh well, this just a reminder that if the music sucks it will easily be a motive to watch the original version where they are actually allowed to use the word blade and war.
Old September 15, 2013, 11:29:33 AM
Rayquaza

I haven't done a blog post on college yet so might as well.
My first two classes Geography and World Civilization 2 are very easy and they're both back to back which is nice I'm not to worried about failing either of them since I'm usually very good in those subjects. However the two Proffessors are like really paranoid about people leaving the class room to go to the bathroom but all they're doing is talking about what's already in the book it's pretty ridiculous. I usually then have lunch during a 90 minute gap between classes and it's usually really boring because the school's wi-fi isn't working which is very annoying I usually spend most of time sitting in the break room watching people be annoying idiots.

I then have Linguistics which is a pretty confusing class but still pretty easy I'm not to worried about failing since there are only seven other people in the class. I then have another hour of freetime doing the same stuff. Then I have Integrated Algebra, I failed the first Quiz but that usually typical for me since I always do bad at the beginning of Algebra because I'm a slow learner but I'm not too worried I just need to spend more time practicing.

Then all my classes are done for the day and I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I could have enough free time for a job which I guess worked since I now actually have one. One thing that sucks is the fact that I'm still without a car because its taking forever for it to even get fixed at least I have my license though so I'm still able to barrow my dad's car but I'm not sure how long I can even go without my own. My days off are usually typical being bored around the house and maybe an occasional trip to the gym. I haven't gotten a call from my work about when they will have there grand opening yet so I guess I'm going to have to wait here in this even longer which really sucks since I'm now completely out of money. So here's hoping by next month I'll have my car ready and be able to go out more often.

I want to review the new episodes of Legend of Korra next.

Also here are my pictures from the camping trip in Maine I took last week where I spent half my time in front of my computer.

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 15, 2013 at 11:33:49 AM.
Old September 26, 2013, 04:31:48 PM
Rayquaza

This started off as a basic PM to TurtwigX over why I hate Ultimate Spiderman, it got of hand so I now have a blog on why I hate.

First off if you were really a fan of Spiderman you'd see how this show completely misses the point of his character. Spiderman is meant to be loner, a kind of guy who has to solve his problems on his own without others which is what makes him awesome not a bunch of crappy side kicks. And there's another thing about this show that annoys me. Why did they need to bring in a bunch of teenage versions of well established adult heroes!? Aside from Nova all of them have been set up as adults there's no reason for them to be teenagers it's just completely stupid. Especially when there are plenty of Teenage super heroes in the Marvel universe that are established members of SHEILD! CALLED THE FREAKING YOUNG AVENGERS. Seriously Ultimate Spiderman wishes it was Young Avengers, with a good mix of well developed characters, action, art and even humor and interaction that make them likable characters. Unlike in Ultimate Spiderman where every single cast member is a complete jerk because her dur they are teenagers and all teenagers are jerks to each other desppite saving lives on daily basis. No I don't buy them at all if they don't even have the decency to even give a crap about anything then I don't by them as heroes for a freaking millisecond. I know what you're going to say that at lot of the characters have recently had good character development and back story. I say it was too late, they all of sudden try to make there characters likable with little to no build up so I don't care at all. As for team ups those are even worse this turns the show into Spiderman and his Amazing Friends ONE OF THE WORST MARVEL SHOWS OF ALL TIME. Most of these episodes could just go through showing off just heroe and villain and not feature Spiderman at all! But of course not because they need to feature Spiderman because her durr he's the only character everyone cares about! This isn't even a Spiderman show because of that the point of Spiderman is his own expanded cast, it would be like having another Full Metal Alchemist series set in the world of Dragon Ball Z, they don't mix that way and it would miss the entire point! Heck we've barely even seen any of the actual memorable Spiderman villains just crappy ones that belong to other heroes. But when they do actually use the villains they're unmoitvated and just annoying for the sake of being bad, gone are the days of Spiderman's memorable rogues aspects just world domination for the sake of world domination. There are even moments in the first season where Spiderman is given so many freaking gimmicks to beat foes the show feels more like a half hour of toy commercials! And then there's the humor. Dear god do I loathe this show's sense of humor. Not only did they choose someone as unlikable as Drake Bell to play Spiderman but they play him off as a self conniving butt hole more obsessed with his own personal needs and making the audiences laugh then saving lives or helping his Aunt May. Because forget that, who would want watch serious relatable drama when we can make fart jokes!!!! Then we have Parker braking the fourth wall, making him have more in common with Zach Morris then Spiderman although I kind do want to punch this guy in the face more for pointing out the freaking obvious like I'm a complete idiot! I mean they bring back Steve 'freaking" Blum as Wolverine for the far better Wolverine and the X-Men. And what do they do. THEY COPY THE COMIC OF WOLVERINE AND SPIDERMAN SWITCHING BODIES. They even had the decency to have Wolverine in Spiderman's body to flirt with Mary Jane EVEN THOUGH HE IS DECADES OLDER THEN HER SEROUSLY THIS KIDS SHOW ENCOURAGED PEDOPHILIA. I seriously hope this does mean thy'll go out of there way to give Peter Parker a terrible death like the one a received in the same continuity. And also the copy-paste Hulk plot because forget creative writing funniest plots are what's best. All the terrible humor is just a disgrace for Spiderman fans everywhere. Worst part is this has spread to other shows Avenger Assemble and Hulk Agents S.M.A.S.H. (which is basically an even stupider more unlikable clone of Ultimate Spiderman) are in the same freaking universe, as if one terrible degrading show wasn't enough. As it's bad enough the show has spread to Teen Titans Go this show needs to create even worse duplicates encouraging more aspects I already hate adding even more insult to injury. In my opinion this show is just as smart and stimulating ass me jiggling keys right in front of your face while receiving a kick to the nads because watching this show gives a person like me a Chinese syndrome headache. This show needs to be taken off the air, have all data information taken off the internet.And video proof incinerated. then fed to dogs and have there poop buried deep down at the bottom of the marina trench to be never found again.
Old October 3, 2013, 08:22:19 AM
Rayquaza

I have a surprise for everyone, today I am writing a personal blog that is actually positive because good things are now happening in my life.

First off I now have a car and a job again, which is really awesome because I'm always stuck waiting around to be picked by my parents it has gotten very annoying so it's going to be great being able to drive to school again. It's also a plus because a month has passed and the parking in my college has gotten a lot better from all the other students that have been dropping out. Plus my classes have been pretty easy and I love them. I love all the new stuff I've been learning in World Civilization II and I also have a really awesome teacher so I have nothing to complain about when it comes to school especially when I'm actually passing most of my classes this time it really is impossible to fail any of them.

As for my future, well I've come to a stand point, I'm not sure if should try to get a degree in Marketing or Computer Science. I've been told I'd be really good at marketing because I can be really charismatic while also being understanding of other peoples needs and wants. I'm also interested in Computer Science because it covers a lot of fields that I am interested in but I'm worried if it'd ever be good at the math. I'm also even considering getting a degree in writing because in the past I've been noted by my teachers and professors that I have the potential to be a good writer and it something I really enjoy sometimes. My dream job would probably be working at a cartoon studio though, I love the idea of being a writer or even an animator and watching my characters grow as creations and my idea flourish. That and all the hours of TV I've watched would have finally paid off.

As for the coming weeks well I'm really excited for those as well. I have Pokemon X to look forward to. As well as my first pay check which I really need since my Savings account is almost empty like my checking. Fortunately I already pre ordered Pokemon X though even though I already have orientation the day of release. Lucky for me the place I'm working at is right next to the Game Stop I pre ordered so I'll probably just sit in my car until playing the game until orientation will start for me. I'm just glad I'll be able to play the game at night unlike last year were I had a night shift the day Pokemon White 2 came out, I just really prefer to play games at night. However I just know I'm probably going to be working the Monday of that week so I'll probably be spending more time working then playing, but oh well at least I'll have cash to pay for future games.

Truth is I really am looking forward to my new job not just for the money. I'm working at a hamburger place and I love making hamburgers, grilling is probably my favorite aspect of culinary and I'm going to get paid (albiet minumum wage) to do what I love. Plus this job will give me an excuse to finally spend more time on my feet and it's right across from my gym so I could probably also loose weight with this job as long as I don't eat to many burgers.

I really have been in better mood lately I think what's really helped has been the fact that on Saturday my dad got a free mattress to replace my old one How bad was my old one? Well anyone who has ever had a Bob's mattress should probably know. Seriously my old mattress had springs sticking out on the side and I had to put my self in awkward positions in order to make myself comfortable. I'm so happy now to be sleeping on a name brand mattress I hope it's the last mattress I'll ever need for quite a while.

So there I focused on the positives in my life and I feel so much more happy now, I may still be lonely and have a borderline failing GPA but I should be thankful I have good things coming my way too and hopefully the other faults in my life can also come through.

Next blog I want to talk Goosebumps since it is October after all.
Old October 19, 2013, 06:14:58 PM
Rayquaza

Well it's Saturday night I have the day off and I'm home alone this is the perfect excuse for me to blog about what a planned.

Recently I've watching the TV Channel The Hub and recently found out they have programming that doesn't have ponies in it! It's this show called R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour and it's actually quite impressive for a live action kid's show. Scratch that actually, compared to the garbage on Disney Channel what other "good live action kids shows are there"? Holy cow this show is like Citizen Kane compared to all the other live action kid's shows, well developed character and side ups, great child actors and just overall great plotting both psychogical and scary with some amazing twist endings. When to R.L. Stine his TV productions can be pretty impressive but it reminded me of a couple of his books mainly Goosebumps, scratch that only Goosebumps because let's face it if you didn't read these when you were a kid you either never read or just never had a child hood! While I admit some stories could be boring or have really annoying plot twists at the end there are some that have really stuck with me. Oddly despite this I've noticed people usually never mention them, to be fair I'm not calling these books my favorite just ones have really stuck with me and stuck with me as a kid.

This book is probably only on my list because it's the only Goosebumps book I still own and read occasionally. Regardless the set up is really good, it's about a boy Matthew who is constantly bullied by his siblings and dog. Despite that being a really common set up for a the series this is where it gets interesting. Matthew is sick of sleeping in the same small room when the guest room that is never used is much bigger and of course when he goes off to sleep in the guest room something bad happens. And yes the cover of this book is completely misleading. What actually happens is every time he goes to sleep he ends up in a different body and reality, one day he wakes up and he's 16 and his older siblings are no younger then him. The next he's in the body of a squirrel. I just love the unpredictability of this story and how the main character learns an unexpected lesson in the story. Finally it's something I really enjoyed about R.L. Stine's writing it's how outlandish his writing becomes but still even as an adult I'm able to buy it. I mean Matthew's behavior through out this entire story is incredibly believable and seeing him get stretched to his limit and put in random situations is what really made the book fun for me.

Here's another that made a really strong impression on me. It's about a boy named Rick Beamer who is constantly bullied in his school. After trying to get revenge on one the girls for kicking him off the newspaper club backfires ends up getting calls from a group who bullies him believe him to be a "creep" (the purple lizard things on the cover) are there leader. Now the set up is pretty creative but it's the ending to the book that really gets to me. When Ricky is forced by the creeps to give them all cookies to transform everyone in the school into creeps he starts to doubt his actions. But then has second thoughts, as he tries to warn his classmates about the cookies they continue to disrespect him. Ricky learning that his classmates will be his new slaves goes through with the plan. DAMN. What speaks to me about this book is it's ending. Rick seems to try his hardest to redeem himself through the eyes of his classmates but they continue to disrespect him and the only way for you to get respect in school is to become a bully yourself much like Rick did in the end by taking the easy way out and making everyone in school his slave. It basically feels like this is a set up for how a person usually is mistreated or misunderstood and in the end turns out to be the bad guy. While Rick does have one new friend in the school who is nice to him Rick pushes her aside in the end much like bullies do. This really spoke to me as a kid who was often bullied if I ever sunk to there level I'd be just as bad as them and there would little to no turning back. Plus I like the fact that this book technical has the villains win and it still feels slightly satisfying because I admit my 9 year old self wouldn't mind having a bunch a purple skinned lizard people to rule over. Also watch the TV version of this instead of the book its better paced and nails the message a lot better.

It's typical for a Goosebumps book to have your typical scaredy cat character as the protagonist and proving along the way that they're brave. Craig is one of those protagonists in this book but being the kid in town wants to prove that he actually is brave. And after coincidentally saving a baby from a car by mistake it looks like it may be true. What I enjoyed about this book is how despite Craig being incredibly scared all the time he ends up having a lucky streak getting put into one scary situation after another and getting his way out of it. Ultimately ending with Craig realizing he isn't a scaredy cat after all now that he's faced all of his fears. I like the fact that this doesn't have any supernatural element in the book making it even more relatable. However I have a huge problem with how these two guys Travis and Brad are jelious of his attention and the fact he's spending his time with the cutest girl in school Amy. So they give him dares that could lead to him freaking getting killed! Really? I mean these kids don't have anything better to do? Also Craig's only friend Amy makes him do all the stuff until the end of the book so congrats Craig your only friend in your new town is probably a psychopath. Regardless this book is still a really fun read seeing Craig is a really fun character and the stupidity of this book can be pretty funny.

There, I have to admit I really do miss the days when I read Goosebumps and despite how awesome some the stories are I'm really glad I've moved onto to reading other books Goosebumps is an incredibly easy read for me today so I'm pretty much done with all of R.L. Stine's writing. But hey at I can still watch The Haunting Hour on The Hub which you should be to because it's seriously comparable to the twilight zone in quality.

Next time I'll either talk about something else Octobery and the reasons why I love The Amazing World of Gumball.
Old October 21, 2013, 12:58:11 PM
Rayquaza

You know with the release of a new pokemon game there always seems to be be one side that has a long list of complaints and another side that has another long list of different complaints. There's really no winning for the pokemon fandom now these days X and Y feels like a game trying to pander to the people who weren't pandered in the last generation.

Gen V haters;
There are to many new pokemon and legendary pokemon to keep track introduce less.

Gamefreak;
Here have only 69 pokemon in this game enjoy.

Gen IV Haters

Oh there's to many new evolutions and worthless baby pokemon make them go away!

Game Freak;
Fine no new evolutions ever again.

Eevee Fans

Why aren't there any new Eeveelutions in BW it's the only pokemon that needs even more evolutions!
Game Freak;

Fine no one gets a new evolution except for Eevee who already has a bunch to enjoy already enjoy your new fan art Slyveon.

Nearly any Pokemon Fan;
This pokemon is to weak and needs an evolution!
Junichi Masuda;
Fine I introduced mega evolutions to pokemon that are already incredibly popular and they are slights over powered
Fans

Now it doesn't mean all fan pandering is bad, we finally got trainer customization even though its not at the same level as animal crossing as most fans were hoping and you can't dress up the male character in a dress. We got the character to have a love interest, I have no idea what people were expecting of that. And Game Freak finally turned Wi-Fi battles to the way that they belong. However as I stated above fan pandering can be quite pointless because you can never really seem to make everyone happy, Plus Game Freak still has there own set of limits themselves, refusing to release any pokemon game that won't allow trading including the possibility of a Wii U game.

The creator of Pokemon Satashi Tajiri

Spoken from the freaking master himself guys.
Old December 6, 2013, 12:13:28 PM
Rayquaza

You know I don't why Cartoon Network gets so much hate these days. Sure they have there bad programming, Annoying Orange (yes that show is still on!) MAD, (which feels more hit then miss now) like TT Go, Ben 10 Omniverse which may be the end to the franchise (thank god) and Uncle Grandpa (which will be canceled with in a year I guarantee it). There mediocre programming like, there Lego shows that no one really cares about but Cartoon Network still over hypes for some reason.

However they good quality programming like Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe and Loony Tunes Show (which has mysteriously vanished from CN's line up completely despite getting another Season) Heck I even think How To Train you Dragon Riders Berk is really good because they capture the feel of the movie so well by having the VA's return and not cheaping out on the animation. Unlike other Dreamworks show on Nick which has neither of that but manages to not be the worst program on the channel.

Regardless I still give them a lot of credit, especially now that they're completely done with Live Action shows. Nick and Disney only have one or two shows I watch regularly, Digimon, Korra, Wonder Over Yonder, and Gravity Falls. The rest can barely tolerate for more then 10 seconds of, Disney has pretty much doomed there Marvel Universe by putting the morons from Ben 10 in charge. And if anyone still watches Disney Channel's live action shows I applaud for giving into nostalgia but it's time to grow up and realize yeah they're just not good. Hub is like a B+ there programming is good but could be better,

Usually complaining about Cartoon Network it seems to be geared toward this one show, this one show in patricular is Amazing World of Gumball.

And you know I can understand why people might hate this show, upon first glance it's just another show for really young kids with overly annoying characters. Keep in mind this what people thought Spongebob just was when it first came out and what it is now ironically. Not only do I think good but it's
better then classic Spongebob. I think the reason people write off this series is bad is because they overly what makes it great and maybe now the show will start its Third Season soon which is were Spongebob briefly "gained" respect may it will too.

So here are my 5 reasons why Amazing world of Gumball is awesome.

1. The Animation
If you're a Graphic artist or at least have some knowledge about it you'd know how amazing the animation is. Look at all the characters in the show, they're CGI, Classic Animation, Puppets and even live action randomly mixed in. It really creates this hole creative world of sheer insanity that's fun. Plus the originality of all the uses getting played at once is also original.

2. The Characters
Now you'd think a show about an annoying 11 year old character would be annoying but it isn't. While can be selfish he clearly does care for others. The supporting cast is also pretty fun, I like the fact that the younger sister is smart and can people in there place if they get in her way. I freaking love how Darwin the Gold Fish is the most care free character and doesn't fall into the stupid friend category. This show has a massive cast of original supporting characters like a ghost, a cactus, a rain cloud, and a cut out bear paper doll thing. Each them aren't just background characters they've all played an accational role in an episode and it keeps the show from getting to repetitive. Like when the characters is a germaphobe so we get an entire episode devoted to her and gumball trying to prevent a virus from taking over the world! Or how one of the characters is forced to be a shut in by his over bearing mother but ends up destroying the whole town when Darwin and Gumball encourage him to be more impulsive.
3. The show can actually be relatable
In each 11 minute episode some plots can go out right insane like Regular Show or be really relatable. There's an entire episode devoted to being at Super Market with the intent of just being there to spend time as a family. As a kid this annoyed the hell out of me, because I would taunted by nice things I always wanted. Or an episode about the father's overbearing bearing mother how only cares about the children being safe, preventing mistakes which makes them stupid which makes perfect sense. Or an episode devoted to Gumball getting jealous over someone hanging out with his crush. Heck this episode has set up the relationship so well they now have me rooting for two 11 year olds to hook up!
4. It's for kids
As much as I hate it when shows feel they need to pander to children however, I still think it's justified because children shouldn't be isolated from there own network before 10PM. Than and it's message are good but also ssimple enough for children more so then Adventure Time's overly deep ones that certain fans seem to miss. I've already said this show is on the same level as Spongebob and that's because of this plus the humor which brings to number 5.
5. The Show can be funny
While annoying at times this shows humor can whitty, smart and sometimes even good on a psychological scale. But when it goes all out for humor it goes all out, it's probably just me but I really do love obscure humor this show does.

I leave with these funny clips from the show.

A clip from my favorite episode

Also a terrific Street Fighter Parody.

Last edited by Magmaster12; December 6, 2013 at 12:22:00 PM.
Old December 16, 2013, 02:28:03 PM
Rayquaza

Okay once again I'm trying to continue my anime rewatching marathon.

Why am I doing this? Well I've trying to get myself to start watching the XY anime and it started remind why AG is my favorite series, the fact that there was bigger group and they were able to play a bigger role to the plot like actual characters. Along with how we finally saw Ash as an experienced trainer with strategies and it felt like he really deserved his badges. This is something that seems to be returning in XY which I'm looking forward too.

Advanced Generation Rewatch    
AG018 On a Wingull and a Prayer - I honestly like how May feels bad about Ash being upset about missing the ship to Dewford and tries to go out of her way to find a boat, something that doesn't happen to often. with other characters. Although considering what happened the last time Ash and Brock stole boat I'd understand why they wouldn't want to look for one. I like how Mr. Briney sounds like a pirate, totally not the voice in my head when I play the game but it works even if it is clearly Jimmy Zoppi doing another raspy voice. Also Team Rocket wants to steal a Wingull because I guess Rattata isn't good enough for them. Oh how convenient Team Aqua stole Peecko. How many time is Team Rocket going to use the vacuum method? And it was defeated by a freaking water gun yeesh. Team Aqua stole Briney's boat but it's okay because he owns a ship in the shape of a freaking Wingull!! I want one! They get close to crashing into a  giant pyramid rock which has a chunk taken off by Pikachu's thunderbolt! SCIENCE! The manage to get alive but the Team Aqua guy some how escapes by submarine. Bravo though Team Aqua achieved absolutely nothing just like they will for the rest of this series. Fun episode though it's always nice when pokemon uses game characters something that lacked in Johto.

4/5

AG019 Sharpedo Attack - Apparently this episode was highly censored by 4kids for being so violent and I want to see what the fuss is about. Peeko is somehow able to lift Max and May from the water away from the Sharpedo.

Ash: I can't imagine camping out on a desert island would be so much fun!

I think Tom Hanks would be to differ.
I keep getting the disturbing image of May getting eaten by a Sharpedo in my head from this episode, my god. Wow the Sharpedo got defeated by Lotad's Water Gun. Oh wait even the main cast is surprised by this, there's actually an explanation for a weak pokemon here! So apparently this is a Brock focused episode, which is always weird because he such a side character. Another problem is the whole plot with trying to take care of pokemon in a stranded area is WAY over done for this show. And I guess Team Rocket will take up the final minutes of this episode, how lame at least the main characters aren't the ones that defeat even if it was pretty stupid of Team Rocket even by there own standards.

2/5

AG020 Brave The Wave - Brawly basically sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog if he was a surfer but this was when 4kids actors poor real talent so I'm not surprised. Also I love the group thinks May is going to go completely nude when she reveals she's wearing a bathing suit. Like seriously this is a kids show! Brawly refuses to battle Ash because he wants to surf, typical surfer moron stereotype. Ash goes far enough out his way to demand Brawly to battle by diving in the water while he's surfing! Also Makuhita can apparently drown? Whatever Pokemon Logic I guess. I like how Ash's stubbornness in this episode is actually pretty funny, which rare in my opinion. Brawly's dialogue is making my IQ drop. I mean just listen 4kid's kewl surfer lingo! I like how the writers try to mark off his surfing as important because it's useful for there fighting style, it's just really well thought out however it still feels like just another excuse for Ash to loose another battle by just having Machop stand there and take attacks which just seems kind of lazy. It could be worse, he could be using Pikachu. Ash overestimates Brawly and I don't blame him because anyone who talks with surfer lingo like that must be stupid. Clearly Ash was really pumped for getting his next gym badge quickly, his last win was pretty easy and seeing him put Treeko to the limit has very intriguing and love how Ash actually gets mad about it, telling Brock to shut up. Everything in this episode is really well played nearly perfextly I just wish it was in two parts.

I'd give this episode a 5/5 if it wasn't for Brawly's terrible dialogue.
4/5

AG021 Which Wurmble's Which - Well this plot was bound to happen. I like how we have some neat fishing scenes like how they're showcasing it from the games. Seeing the selfish May and Jessie argue about which Wurmble is better is pretty funny. May being concerned about her own Wurmble is clearly a sign of early character development. Way for this episode to feel like 3 different ones.

3 and a half /5

AG022 A Whole Lot of Trouble - This episode marks the first and sadly only appearance of Steven Stone possible champion of the Hoenn Region. Team Rocket's antics have caused the gang to get separated in a cave, okay now I'm interested. Steven Stone to the rescue! James is questioning his loyalty to Team Rocket even though it's incredibly obvious how this will turn out. These scenes with May trying to push Jesse out of a hole looks like something out of hentai, seriously May looks double her age in this one scene it's incredibly creepy. Team Rocket threatens Hoenn "champion" Steven Stone! Stupidity it's always Team Rocket. And they never saw Steven again unfortunately!

3 and a half/5

AG023 Gone Corphishing - We see training on screen for once, that's rarity so that's good. Seeing May finally train for contests is pretty funny. How are they talking about Steven's fighting style, we only saw him in one battle? For those of you wondering this is the episode where Ash catches Corphish it's a basic, let's try to catch the insane pokemon that might kill us episode. Apparently Team Rocket is stupid enough to fall for the typical pokemon food trap including eating the actual pokemon food, fortunately that is there only appearance in this episode. Nothing really special aside from that.

3/5

AG024 Corphish out of Water - What worse then a cature centered episode? An episode devoted to introducing said new pokemon being a member of the team! They're mainly composed of obvious plots and humor. I do like this subplot about Jesse thinking her Cascoon is a Silcoon and James and Meowth are too afraid to tell Jessie the truth. Oh no Corphish is now sick what a twist! I feel they only did this subplot because heaven forbid we have a pokemon warm up to Ash without a dramatic effect! Also every single pokemon on Ash's way seems to want to kill Ash. I know Ash caught that Corphish out of the wild from its natural habitat but this is ridiculous! Seriously this feel like a rip off of the Chikorita episode! Oh dammit 3 Team Rocket attacks in one episode come on! You know the smart thing to do would have been to keep Team Rocket in there cage so they can go to prison!

2/5

AG025 A Mudkip Mission - Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip Mud Kip

Now that we've gotten that joke out of the way let's start the review. I like how we get to see where starter pokemon actually come from, because you know I doubt we'll ever see one in game. I also like how this one man must love Mudkip so much he actually looks like one! Oh I mean look at him!
Who styles there hair after a mudkip? I'm kind of disappointed how Brock got a Mudkip since it ends up rarely ever having an excuse to battle sadly! It also never gets a chance to evolve into Swampert needless to say it got ripped off. Weird getting so many Brock centered episodes in the span of 20. This episode feels like a rip off of Bulbasaur'ss hidden garden except with Brock and Mudkip which is even more annoying by the fact Mudkip's presonality with never come up again. Once again way to much Team Rocket in one episode.

2/5

AG026 Turning Over a Nuzleaf - I think was during a time 4kids was so stupid they for whatever reason aired scenes of the episode out of order. This time around the group is separated from all there pokemon. And now we have a group of Nuzleaf that are mean for no good reason. Oh wait now it's over that was rather forgettable.

2/5

AG027 A Three Team Scheam - Oh Brock, so upset over your plans getting ruined.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 4, 2014 at 09:25:32 AM.
Old January 4, 2014, 07:58:18 PM
Rayquaza

Wow it's hard to believe it's been a year since I first started doing "article blogs" even though I'm not sure if anyone reads these it's always great for someone like me to lay down my personal opinion on particular shows. It's also been nearly a year since I first got cable and started watching a LOT more TV (mainly cartoon network). So anyways here are my top favorite and least favorite things from last year.

Favorite new Show - Steven Universe
While there has been an increase of high quality comedy cartoons in the past year this one is probably my favorite. While it may not have the improvisation skills of great voice actors like Kristen Schaal in Gravity Falls. Or the overall carefree attitude of Lauren Faust and Craig McCracken's Wander over Yander. It has heart in all of its lovable characters and stories it's doing it better in 11 minutes then Gravity Falls does in 22. I for one am hoping this show manages to last despite not being apart of CN's "all boy image".

Show I want to see cancelled most - Teen Titans Go
No matter what people tell me I don't think I will ever enjoy this show. It's not the humor that bothers or the fact the characters are back and complete jerks. What bothers me is the fact that this did not need to be an adaption! Aside from hooking on desperate fans there's really no reason for any of these characters to be the Teen Titans they can be interchangable with an stupid cartoon stereotype and it would barely change the show outside of it's ridiculous attempts to fan pander to ease the angry people like me. But I say no, this is not what we want and it is certainly not what we deserve, we want an actual action not just another cheap cop out that attempts for humor over drama at every turn!

Biggest Disappointment - Beware the Batman
This was a close call between this and Avengers Assemble, however I think was pretty obvious it was going to be bad when I found at it was going to be made by the same morons who brought us Ultimate Spiderman. The potential for a show that would focus more on the obscure characters from Batman was brilliant, but what we got in the end was what most people were expecting, same old same old. Instead of using the characters like they are in the comics they seem to act more like placeholders for the real villains and that's a huge disappointment. While I did like the stuff about a younger Bruce Wayne, Katanna's character development and Commissioner Gordon everything else this show had to offer has just boring. Plus the CGI animation was unacceptable, why do companies even insist on using it if they're gonna use it so cheaply? For example there's an episode where Batman has to save a bunch of people on a cruise ship, we never see any people on it it's only implied that there are. It's a shame this show will most likely get canned not only because it's returning next week and we're yet to see a promo but also because CN just seems to hate action shows right now. I really do wish this show could last longer though GLTAS didn't get good animation until its final episodes and the best of The Batman were during it's final seasons if this show had more time it surely would have found it's footing but it just couldn't happen.

Favorite Episode - Pillhoy
I don't care if people just walk this off as just another weird "off" episode I still think its the most brilliant episode of Adventure Time by far in fact this year the show's writers were really able to outdo themselves even with some of there good writers leaving for Steven Universe which hard thing to do. I'm not going to go into too much details of this episode since I already did a long blog about it but I still think it deserves more credit.

Hidden Gem -Tenkai Knights
You know Cartoon Network and Kids WB/Kids CW would always do this thing were they show these things that were kind of animes but they also weren't, and didn't matter keeping track of them because nobody seemed to watch them and only lasted for one year. Tenkai Knights is one of those shows. It is a joint production of a Canadian and Japanese animation studio and usually airs in the morning before Pokemon and Bleyblade, that spinning top anime I'm still confused about still existing. What show is is a Magical Boy Anime, like Sailor Moon except you know with boys. There's just something about this show that's really kept me interested aside from the amazing animation and okay voice cast this show has a lot going for it. Despite being an all male anime I kind of enjoy for doing that just a kid and bunch of his best buds with no forced female kid in there. Other then I have no idea why I like it so much maybe it's because I'm starved for a new anime simular digimon or because it's on at a time when I'm half awake and unaware whats going on, but regardless it's entertaining and is followed by a show with far less intelligence so it gets my attention.

Guiltiest Pleasure - Total Drama All Stars
Oh man do I hate Total Drama Island series, it's an exploitable, disgusting, annoying terrible peace of trash, and yet much like a plane crash or seeing some get flushed down the toilet it was impossible for me to look away this season. I'm so embarrassed I can't even go into detail on why I enjoy this show in fact I'm still confused why I wanted to watch the show so badly myself. I guess it was just because I'm a sucker for character development and seeing characters from two separate shows interact with each other is what really intrigued me. That and some moments sadly made me laugh.

I'm going to stop there though since I'm now questioning my own judgement after saying that. All I have left to say is that I hope I can watch more new TV this year and that it's as good as last year.

Here are other shows I watch that I enjoy and are still on that I've never talked about

Parks and Rec
Community
Doctor Who
Wonder Over Yonder
Gravity Falls
The Simpsons
Bob's Burgers
Agents of Shield
How I met your Mother

Be sure to check back for when I update my Pokemon Rewatching Blog I've been starting to update it regularly.
Old February 15, 2014, 02:46:44 PM
Rayquaza

Okay time for a random post on random things that have happened to me.

Right now I'm only taking one class this semester and it's Biology which is good because Biology is a very hard class to pass and there's no way I'l be able to with out more then one class and if I pass I'll be able to get my financial aid back which I need because I have absolutely no money anymore. I'm broke and I can't find a job nothing new in that progress. I applied to a local movie theater they told me they would get back to me but I still haven't heard back yet so it's probably out the question by this point, I might try to work at Lake Compounce again this year but I'm not sure if they will retake me.

Lately I've also been thinking about what I want to do for the rest of my life and I'm still incredibly unsure about everything, I just have so many interests but I'm also worried about whether my job will actually make me money so I won't have to live with my parents for the rest of my life. Speaking of which my sister now has her own apartment she's also a college student and is sharing it with her boyfriend whose cousin is one of the kids who was a jerk to me in grade school, I mean he was REALLY mean.

Yesterday my Great Uncle died and I'm feeling kind of upset since he was a nice guy and put together all these reunions for us and they were nice. I'm going to the funeral on Monday because apparently in Judaism they're supposed to bury the body as early as possible. I'm also going to stay in a Hotel room paid by him and I'm going to have to help carry the coffin because my mother's family is made up of mostly woman and my dad can't show up. I'm really going to miss him but I know I can move on without him.

I've also tried taking in new hobbies, I live on a lake so I decided to ice skate for the first time in a while which was nice since I apparently have these skates from six years ago I've never used but some how still fit. I also tried swimming which I've been pretty good at since I have such big feet and my strength has improved a lot. I was even able to do a lap in 65 seconds still not sure about what else I could. Here's hoping the next blog post I make it'll be about me getting a new job.
Old February 27, 2014, 03:44:09 PM
Rayquaza

For those of you who don't know I have been forced to not open my gym because of a lack of funding and poor timing.

Mainly my 3DS broke and I need 82$ to fix it so but my funds have parishes so I've set up an eBay auction for my games, however is just plain stupid and greedy and I will be using that website ever again so never mind that. Instead I'm gazelle to sell my unneeded which will probably take forever for all of them to sell but at least I'm making progress. I also need to find someone is willing to buy all of my old Sims 2 Expansion Packs since I never play them despite being in good condition. It really makes me depressed to do this but I really can't cope without my 3DS so please if anyone is willing to pay for old DS or Wii games PM me I'm really despite and I really want to open my gym but I can't with a broken 3DS.

Apparently the pokemon anime is coming to Netflix so I might have better access to the episodes.

Also my 3DS won't recharge but still has a charge to it if anyone wants to have an unoffical gym match that will probably end early please PM me.

Last edited by Magmaster12; February 27, 2014 at 04:12:01 PM.
Old March 15, 2014, 03:39:42 PM
Rayquaza

Review

When they first revealed Yoshi's New Island I was both excited and ready to prepare myself for disappointment. When it comes to games with this character they usually turn out good as long as they try to as much different stuff as possible.

My favorite one would probably have to be Yoshi's Island DS because it brought a lot of fun new features which made the game play very compelling, they actually remembered that the DS has two screens and took advantage of that the storyline even got a couple laughs out of me plus it had a really solid ending.

The storyline here, well it's basically a copy and paste of the original, it takes place after it when it's revealed the stork delivered Mario and Luigi to the wrong parents, I would compain about this creating a plot hole but I don't see a point in a universe where a woman usually gets herself captured by a giant lizard man and is rescued by a plumber once a week. The ending also doesn't leave to much different either.

The look of the game is pretty normal most of it feels recycled from the first game but with less attention to detail. There are some newish locations but nothing that can really stick out from previous games, there's the typical ice level, the volcano level, the sky level everything typical and what we've come to expect.

As for the game play itself it's still very fun, playing out like a usually Yoshi's Island game with baby Mario, trying to prevent Kamek from kidnapping him along with mini games and random power ups while chaos ensues. In fact it's little too simple, in Yoshi's Island DS what made it so good was the complex use of other babies, like how Baby DK could climb branches and Baby Peach could help fly. It's way too straight forward and doesn't bring anything new. Oh except for the giant egg thing on the cover that's used once about every level so you can get around 50 extra lives. Seriously I came out of this game with 76 extra lifes! While it is hard in some points I just wish they weren't so generous about extra lives.

As for the boss battles they're probably the worst aspect of the game, they are incredibly easy and predictable to solve and downright uncreative half of them are devoted to defeating Kamek with simple puzzles and the other half are just giant versions of other enemies. Where are the boss fights in a giant stomach? The battles against giant balloon pendulum? The creative boss fights were the best aspect of these games and just feel lazy here by comparison.

With most of these games it usually takes me quite a while to beat them but this one I beat in less the twenty four hours which is incredibly disappointing, in fact I'm probably gonna trade in this game for something else. This game sadly met my expectations of bringing little new to the Yoshi games and I'll probably just stick to my copy of Super Mario Advanced 3 if I want something more fun and creative.

Disappointing games that brings little new and doesn't carry over best aspects if you're a fan or really like these games I'd recommend it slightly as long as your not looking for something new. But if you want good Yoshi's Island game I'd suggest the original or Yoshi's Island DS both of which are hard to get but if you're not willing to look just get this one.
4/10
Old May 6, 2014, 01:09:13 PM
Rayquaza

You know I have already said how I'm kind of creeped out by the Fairy Type Gym Leader in XY, Valerie, I mean just look at her everything about her is just so agh.

However I shouldn't be so surprised Pokemon has never shied away from using creepy or bizarre characters in there games heck look at other Nintendo franchises, there's even a pretty popular video of the top 10 weirdest Zelda Characters made by the PBGamer. Of course what can you expect from a company that once made a love hotel.

Name:	Top 10.png
Views:	713
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	6161

10. Mirror B

Now I've never actually played the Gamecube games, but I know just by looking at this guy that he is creepy. Which is why he makes this list. He's like Disco if he decided to become a pokemon trainer but also evil and also 25% speghetti. Considering at the end of XD he's seen singing at the Krabby Club it's incredibly questionable how the heck this guy is even evil when seems to care more about being as flamboyant as possible. That's enough to get on this list.

9.The Old Man

You may know him better as the guy in Red and Blue who blocks your way in Viridian City, when in fact in the Japanese version it's explained that he's drunk. Yes because in the Pokemon world not only can one person be drunk in public but can also completely cut off a town from the rest of the world.

That there's also this popular glitch, which is why he's on the list in the first place.

8.Mr.Fuji

While in Lavender Town Mr.Fuji may seem like a normal man with a weird obsession with loving pokemon, but if you go around the Pokemon Mansion you'll find out the back story to Mew. You have to do some further digging around but you'll eventually find out that he was one of the scientist that help "make" Mewtwo. But this is weird it gets weird
Quote:
Diary: Feb. 6
MEW gave birth.

We named the newborn MEWTWO.
The previous entry was 7 months prior, it seems unlikely it would take that long for a pokemon to carry another pokemon , it's also confusing how a pokemon can give birth when
1. They lay eggs
2. It's a legendary
3. Mewtwo is a completely different pokemon
My guess, Fuji mated with the Mew to get Mewtwo it's most logical explanation I can come up for with this.

Of course this all a crackpot theory which is why he's still high up on the list

7.Charon

Like Fuji he's on the list because he's just kind of mysterious, now I know I could have put on Ghetsis, N, Colress or one of the seven sages but I just find old people to be more interestingly creepy. I chose Charon just because he's character that just comes out of nowhere his presence was always random presence on the team only to try and take over after the leader just well disappears. That and I like his Rotom backstory.

6.Half The Bike Salesmen
I mean these guys are trying to run a business here right?
How is it good buisness for me to just walk in and immediately get a free bike?
A bike that cost more then all of the money I can carry I might add. Yes if I save your darling Clefairy I can understand getting a free bike, but try to run a business properly darnit!

5.The Trick Master
For those of you who don't know the trick master was a man who enjoys hiding in his house so you can find him and perform tricks in his house to amuse you but in real life might end of killing you. Wait a minute this sound familiar.

NAH, besides must of the trick masters tricks are harmless, but I'm pretty sure this guy is certifiably insane. I mean who is honestly this obsessive about tricks! I'm not even sure which design looks crazier the manga's or the anime's.

4.Valerie Well she is the reason I created this list so I had to put her on her and aside from her insane outfit that doesn't appear to have arms, gooshy eyes and aura sensors, I think it's all best summed up in this random dialogue she tells you
Quote:
"My designs are said to be rather mystifying. Do you agree with that? I've always wanted to be a Pokémon, you see. That desire is my inspiration and what I try to achieve by designing. And yet...the only time I feel I am truly one with Pokémon is when we are embroiled in desperate battle. I wonder why that is... Hmm... Could it be-- Never mind. It is nothing, kind Trainer."
Seriously you just battled her and she tells you this clearly incredibly personal spiritual thing, I mean I can excuse what she said if she just didn't go so deep.

3. The Old Lady on Hoenn Route 111 and Sinnoh Route 227 In the Hoenn and Sinnoh games there is this random rest house run by this old lady who wants you to rest, and by wants you to rest I mean she REALLY wants you to rest, in both games it's set at default for you to keep saying yes, so unless you switch to no if you keep pressing a she'll keep you resting there forever and ever and ever.

2.Ghost girl in Luimose City
There's no explanation for this right now witch is why it's creep and it comes completely out of nowhere.

1.The Trainers in Pokemon Tower
The trainers in this tower are just plain INSANE you'd think they came down with Lavender Town Syndrome or something with some going as to as claiming insane gibberish of dialogue then claiming to just being possessed, it's amazing how after so many years Game Freak has never really outdone themselves then what happened in pokemon tower.

I have a feeling I probably missed some characters so feel free to comment below.

PeanutButter Gamer's Top 10 Weirdest Zelda Characters Video which also inspired me.
Old May 26, 2014, 11:53:38 AM
Rayquaza

I've always tried to be close with other members of the site, and while many have come and again I still turn to the people on this for companionship and I believe friends shouldn't keep things bottled up so I going to admit some stuff that's happened to me lately.

On Friday I came home from seeing Days of Future Past to see if my grades came in. My parents agreed to let my retake Biology as my only course this semester after getting my financial aid cut for having a low GPA. I did fine I was sure I was at least going to raise my GPA of 1.93 back up to a 2.0 but no I didn't I ****ed up on the final exam and knew jack **** it was open and I was left in the dust. Not only did I not get my GPA up but it got lower! I some how did worse! Four months of my life I'll never get back. I also ****ing hate the professors at my college, they're just so incredibly stuck beileving they have the right to put on as much work load as possible because they're college professors when they really hae no idea what they're doing because this is a community college. If I didn't get my GPA above 2.0 I'd get expelled and now I probably will get expelled. Education is very important to me it's the only thing that gives my life a meaningful purpose, for it to be taken away because I ended up in the hardest class is ********.

So as you can imagine I didn't take my failing very well when I found I flipped out and put a knife right up to my neck and came really close to cutting myself, my mom somehow managed to outstrength me and remove the knife from my hand. I then had to spend the next few hours in the hospital because my mom wanted me to talk to someone. My mom wanted me to spend the night there but I refused and managed to convince them I was okay. To be honest I kind of was lying I felt this way of my life having no meaning for a very long time and this long strain of depression has been going on for a while but Friday was my breaking point I seriously needed all to end there. I still do get suicidal thoughts I've tried draining them out but it's really hard. I've been seeing a therapist since February, I have trouble being open with her and the sessions can be really quiet for a long period of time but I have trouble with anxiety, it's been like that since I was little kid, just letting all the bad thoughts get the best of me and really hard to cope.

As if that isn't bad enough today I also lost all of DS/3DS Games except for Animal Crossing, so Heart Gold, Plant, Black, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, All of my Pokemon including all of the events, my 24 shiny pokemon and 30 wi-fi trained pokemon all gone I'm going to have to start all over again from scratch with whatever pokemon I have in Pokebank and amount of games I can convince my mom to rebuy for me. Accidentally left my DS case on top of the car before I left and I haven't been able to find it. Considering my Pokemon collection is one of my biggest achievements I haven't been able to take that well at all either just the idea of starting again from scratch makes me want to cry.

So it's been a really hard four days for me I feel like I just lost my chance at full future in college and something from the past I worked real hard for. I promise I'll never kill myself but it's just been really hard for me to live with such pain and the thoughts that I've been dealing with lately.
Old August 20, 2014, 06:14:58 PM
Rayquaza

I'm just going to do a quick update right now, I guess.

I got an A in Spanish over the summer so I'm now no longer on academic probation so I guess that's pretty good. I'm looking forward to taking classes again in the fall and knowing I'll enjoy them I'm going to take Creative Writing and Intermediate Algebra and hopefully another class. It took two years but I'm finally a Sophomore!

I've also been going to group therapy for a while and I don't like it too much it doesn't really help me with my depression but it gives me something to do during the day which I need especially since I still don't have classes for another week. But I'm seriously looking forward to taking Creative Writing. Next semester I'll finish taking my pre-requisites then take classes to fin out what's most interesting.

I have to admit I'm starting to get more depressed again because it'll soon be a full year since the last time I had a job, I'm sure my readers are well aware of what happened with that. It seems like it's impossible to get a job I can't even get anyone to call me back and I don't know a whole lot of people and I really hate this feeling of going no where in life. I've been encouraged to try volunteer work but I REALLY don't want to do it, I feel like if no one has been willing to help how volunteering help even more it's not like I need the experience on my resume I already have work experience I'm just to mad at society to help it and even then trying to get volunteer work is just as hard getting a job because I'm competing against freaking middle aged men for minimum wage jobs it's just impossible for me to compete!

Anyways Boomerang is showing reruns of Pokemon Advanced in two weeks so soon I'm going to try to watch episodes through there and talk about them, it should be really easy for me to get into this habit since once I do I usually never stop so wish me luck.

This time last year I averaged 1,000 posts a year one year later and I've barely put in 500.

Last edited by Magmaster12; August 20, 2014 at 06:16:04 PM.
Old September 3, 2014, 05:57:59 PM
Rayquaza

Well I had quite a day someone broke into my car and stole my backpack enjoy my smelly gym clothes outdated math book and thumb drive with Pokemon pictures on it.

It's not that big of a deal I have an extra backpack and I'm great full nothing important got stolen.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 11, 2014 at 05:59:01 PM.
Old September 21, 2014, 06:03:34 PM
Rayquaza

Today I went the Maker Faire, it was pretty awesome
http://makerfaire.com/

There was this thing

Name:	IMG_0557.JPG
Views:	587
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	6438
A robotic giraffe thing that played music

Name:	IMG_0560.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	6440
Someone rigged a graphing calculator to play pokemon!

Name:	IMG_0567.JPG
Views:	869
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	6455
Stuff Made with 3D Printers

Name:	IMG_0562.JPG
Views:	577
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	6442Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0561.JPG
Views:	549
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	6443Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0563.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	6444

Name:	IMG_0564.JPG
Views:	535
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	6445Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0583.JPG
Views:	559
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	6454
Ghost Busters along with other weird people

Name:	IMG_0571.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	6446Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0582.JPG
Views:	587
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	6447Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0586.JPG
Views:	534
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	6448
I didn't want to take pictures of the thing but I think this sign explains it pretty well.

Name:	IMG_0580.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	6453
I Lug New York

Name:	IMG_0575.JPG
Views:	562
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	6451Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0572.JPG
Views:	613
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	6450Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0576.JPG
Views:	582
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	6449
Those are pretty much all the pictures I took and it was really cool seeing all the tech stuff.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0573.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	6452  

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 21, 2014 at 06:08:37 PM.
Old September 29, 2014, 01:11:00 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Someone rigged a graphing calculator to play pokemon!
Did they say how? I didn't know TIs were that powerful . . .
Old September 29, 2014, 04:06:49 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
Did they say how? I didn't know TIs were that powerful . . .
They had a special machine hooked up.
Old October 30, 2014, 02:07:19 PM
Rayquaza

Okay I haven't done one of these in a while so I guess I will now.

First off there won't be another Pokemon episode review today either because I'm going to a Halloween party tonight I'm going as Steven Universe and it's going to be awesome.

Secondly there are some reviews I might type up this week I've got Math exam coming up so who knows when, also with Halloween tomorrow I still need to carve my pumpkin.

Anyways as I've said I've been taking Creative Writing at my college even though my Professor is kind of bad but people are enjoying my work and it is giving confidence in my hope that I can one day be a writer myself. I'd even settle for writing small time for the rest of my life like Boom studios, seriously I'd love to be a comic writer. Plus if you're good at something you should stick to it I know this blog shows I may not be the best writer but it's given me a lot of practice.

On an unrelated note I am totally psyched about the Marvel movies that got announced on Tuesday, I'm actually a big fan of Captain Marvel so I'm really happy/excited that a movie is happening. I'm also excited for Inhumans since I feel the MCU needs to establish more super powered people plus the cast of the Inhumans are very memorable. You guys think the movie Rocket Raccoon is awesome? Wait until you see the movie with the giant telaporting dog!

As for the DC movies? Meh. I've been skeptical between Man of Steel, Zack Snyder's involvement and the no joke policy. Seriously you can not do a The Flash movie seriously, even then what's the point if we already have the show which is also terrific? While I'm glad Wonder Woman is finally getting a movie I've never been a big fan of the New 52 origin that they're going to be using, there was seriously nothing wrong with her being born from clay, having her as a Demigod instead is just boring. Plus the best thing about Wonder Woman would her care free attitude about the outside world, how are we going to get that if they are going to be forced to take everything seriously? Aquaman is also kind of on the line for me, I have a feeling it'll be the same way as Wonder Woman, no joy except with Momoa he'll probably be a more like his previous roles a straight up barbarian, which I'm sick of. There's also the Justice League movies and even they're terrible and even with my now least favorite director I'm still going to see it because it's the freaking Justice League, I'm seeing it no matter what. If thery do another Batman movie I seriously hope it'll have the Batfamily (Robin Batgirl and Nightwing) or I won't bother at all. I'm certainly more likely to see it then a Cyborg movie. Yes seriously Cyborg from Teen Titans, the guy who promoted to the Justice League but can't even get his own book is some how getting a movie. Green Lantern will also get his own movie again eventually, here's hoping the don't mess up a second time or there's something seriously wrong with WB. I really hope all of them are good though these stories are the modern day equivalent to Greek or Roman Myths . They give us a brake from the norms of everyday society and give us a glimpse into something more exciting or thought provoking and here's hoping that it's here to stay for years to come because it's going to be quite a while before they run out of ideas.
I just released I'll be 26 when all these possible movies come out, it'll be interesting to look back on my thoughts.
Old January 26, 2015, 07:43:34 PM
Rayquaza

Hey I haven't updated in a while so why not. I ended up passing both Math and Creative Writing with straight B's. Because of this I am now planning to focus writing more so I can get my Bachelor's degree in a related field I am more then likely just going to go to the local state college and take up Journalism though.

Classes started today and I am so relieved to be back, I was going insane from bordom with nothing to do for over a month. This semester I'm wrapping up my general studies credits so hopefully they will carry over when I transfer. I just hope there won't be any more snow storms this year because I really need an excuse to get out as much as possible.

As for my mental health, I've come to terms I don't have anxiety because of depression I more then likely have it because of my lack of confidence. I kind of put the blame on my family for this, as a kid my older sister would constantly criticize anything I would do and I always feel like I can't live up to my parents expectations. I mean I know wthey all love me but my family is pretty crazy both my parents can be total control freaks. That and I was massively bullied as a kid and I'm also quite awkward. But I now believe that if I continue tune out negative thoughts and think positively I'll never feel alone or depressed again.

Typing this I've realized that while I may have finally settled on what I want to do with my life I still stuck in a rut this year my goal is to try a completely different hobby.
Old April 16, 2015, 07:03:36 PM
Rayquaza

Wow I can't believe I haven't been on the site in over a week a lot has happened to me so I guess it wouldn't hurt to update. First, I decided I'm going to transfer to Western Connecticut University where I plan to finally live on campus. I also plan on majoring in media studies, my goal is to create my own media company but that won't be happening until I graduate in Fall 2017 at earliest. I figured now that I'm only going to be able to work during the summer now, I'm better off working at Lake Compunce and I got hired on the spot so much easier then all the garbage I've gone through for the last three years. Having a job doesn't really matter that much though, I'm basically just working to pay for my car insurance while in school because I refuse to be without a car again. I also need a new 3DS because mine broke.

Hopefully a couple years from now I can look back at this blog and look at the progress I've made over the time.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; April 18, 2015 at 01:14:10 PM. Reason: Advertising