Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Fan Fiction and Literature

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 2, 2010, 07:17:04 AM
Charizard

Default Johto Jen

pokemon
pokemon
pokemon
let's do it
I wanna be the very best
Like no-one ever was (ever was ever was)
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause
My whole life has led to this
Time to test my skills
I know I just can't miss
Gonna show the world
Born to be a winner (JOHTO!)
Born to be a champion
Born to be a winner
Born be the very best (POKEMON JOHTO!)
Born to be a winner
POKEMON!

Prologue 1:Crystal
Five days after Jen's loss, a girl of 13 wakes up on her birthday, covering her eyes as the sun shines brightly off of the snow.
"Good morning mom." The girl says as she walks down the stairs.
"Morning birthday girl. Sleep well?" Her mom asks.
"Yeah, until I woke up to be nearly blinded by the sun. Who pulled up the curtains?" The girl said.
"Probably your brother as his way of saying to wake up soon. Don't upset over it too much Crystal." Her mom said.
"Dang it Keith! I'm going to get him." Crystal said.
"You and what army?" Said a sarcastic 10 year old coming down the stairs.
"You're asking the Sinnoh winner what army I have? Maybe I'll have Serafina(Luxray) teach you a lesson." Crystal said.
"Settle down, and come eat your cake." Mom said.
"Cake for breakfast?" Crystal said.
"Sure, why not?"
"Hurray! Thanks mom!" Keith said.
"Wait a minute, let Crystal blow out the candles first." Mom said. Crystal went over to the cake and blew out the candles in one go.
"What did you wish for?" Mom asked.
"I can't tell you, though you probably already know." Crystal said.
"I bet you wished mom wasn't making you take me around Sinnoh for my journey, huh?" Keith said.
"Yep." Crystal said.
"Crystal, it will be fun to travel with your brother, and I'm not changing my mind." Mom said sternly. Around noon, Crystal was in her room, gathering supplies, wrote a quick note, and ran down stairs shouting "I'm going to hang out with a friend for awhile. Be back whenever!" Then ran out the door after putting the note on the counter. A few hours later, Keith was reading the note while the mom was just coming in the room.
"Mom, look!" Keith said, handing the note over.
Dear mom,
I cannot stand the thought of travelling with my annoying little brother all over the region I already beat. I've decided to take Serafina, Leader(Empoleon), Shadow(blue Umbreon), and Furry(Furret) with me to Johto. I'll call when I can, so don't worry about me. I'll bring home another trophy
Love, Crystal
"Is she gone mom?" Keith asked.
"Yes Keith, so you'll have to go to Sinnoh by yourself." Mom said frustrated.
"Good, she's annoying." Keith said.
Your profile says you have a brother and he isn't exactly the best, so I hope this is to your liking.

Prologue 2: Gold
A boy of 12 was wandering around Lilycove, weighing his options.
"If I go to Sinnoh, I can catch a Buizel, but Johto is closer and has cool pokemon as well, so that might be my best bet." Gold said. He ran back to his house and gathered up his supplies, as well as his trusted partners Growlithe, Scyther, and Shuppet, then told his parents where he had decided to go.
"Good luck in Johto, and try to make a lot of friends in this region, okay?" Dad said.
"Geez, you say that like I have no friends at all." Gold said. He ran out to the port and got aboard the S.S Hoenn, and eagerly awaited his arriaval at Johto.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:17:34 AM
Charizard

Chapter 1: Jen walked into New Bark town when she heard the horn of a boat. She turned to the water to see two boats coming into view.
The S.S.Hoenn and the S.S.Sinnoh, huh? Jen said.
Yep. They bring trainers who want to try their hand here Jolteon said. Jen continued walking towards the center, just as the two ships docked.

A girl of 13, dark brown hair that came down to her shoulders, brown eyes, a blue jacket, blue pants, light blue gloves, and a silver heart necklace stepped off of the S.S.Sinnoh. She looked around and soon spotted a pink haired girl with a Jolteon and an Umbreon walking towards the center.
"Let me see how strong the trainers here are, starting with you." Crystal said to herself. She then followed Jen.

A boy of 12, short blonde hair, brown pants, gold shirt, brown jacket, green eyes, and a gold spotted bandana rapped around his head stepped off the S.S.Hoenn, holding a pokeball in his hands, hoping to attract a battle that way. His eyes combed the crowd of people, soon spotting a pink haired girl with two strong looking Eevee evolutions with her.
"This is going to be a thrill, win or lose." Gold said to himself. He then went after Jen as well.

Jen appraoched the entrance of the center when CRASH!
"Where's the fire?" Jen said, rubbing her head while on the ground.
"Wait, that voice. Jen?"
"Keshia?" Jen asked. She looked up to indeed see Keshia standing with her hand held out.
"Keshia! I thought you were going to travel the islands in Kanto." Jen said, taking her hand and pulling herself up.
"I was, but I got on the wrong boat and fell asleep. When I woke up, everyone was getting off here, so I figured I might as well enter the Johto league." Keshia explained.
"Well, you know what this means, right?" Jen asked.
"Yep. The Shining Star double battle team is back together." Keshia said, smiling.
"Excuse me." Jen and Keshia turned to see a dark brown haired girl.
"I'm Crystal, and you are?" Crystal asked.
"I'm Jen, and this is my best friend Keshia." Jen said.
"Okay Jen, I challenge you to a battle!" Crystal said.
"Wait for me! I want to challenge you too." A boy with a golden bandana said, just now entering the center.
"And you are?" Jen asked.
"I'm Gold, nice to meet you." Gold said.
"Well, I'd like to battle you both, but that would be unfair, unless my partner here would be willing to help?" Jen said.
"Sure, just like old times." Keshia said. The went to the back of the center and spread out.
"I want to test my strength against that Umbreon of yours." Crystal said.
"Umbreon? No, you don't want to fight this Umbreon. My dad trained him, and he isn't one to be taken lightly." Jen said.
"Neither am I. I'm the Sinnoh champ, so I think I can handle it." Crystal said.
"Oh, well if you two just want to fight Jolteon and Umbreon at the same time, then I don't need to be here." Keshia said. Jolteon and Umbreon took their place, awaiting their opponents.
"Go hard or go home Shuppet!" Gold said.
"Game on Shadow!" Crystal said. A shuppet and a shiny Umbreon (look at LuXray's avatar) popped out. Shadow started with an Iron tail, to collide with Umbreon's Iron tail. Neither gave an inch, though it looked like Shadow was giving more effort.
Okay, I got a good measure on his power. Pretty good, I must admit Umbreon said. Shuppet fired off a Shadow ball at Jolteon, only to be destroyed by Thunderbolt. Jolteon's attack still continued, zapping Shuppet.
"Shadow, Iron tail again!" Crystal said.
"Shuppet, Sucker puch!" Gold said. Shuppet never got the chance, for it was paralyzed from Thunderbolt, and then fainted from another. Shadow and Umbreon collided again, but this time Umbreon wasn't holding back and sent Shadow for a loop. Umbreon finished the job with a swift Shadow claw.
"Who is your father?" Crystal asked, returning Shadow.
"That isn't important." Jen said.
"No really, tell us!" Gold said, returning Shuppet.
"Well, he's the grand champion, Chris." Jen said. It took a moment for that to sink in, then they both put on faces of shock.
"No wonder they mopped the floor with us." Crystal said.
"No, really, you two have strong pokemon." Jen said.
"I know that, just not strong enough though." Gold said.
"I've decided! I'm going to travel with you, trying to get as strong as Umbreon. Besides, Maybe you two might learn something from me as well." Crystal said.
"Can I come too? I was told to make new friends in this region, and this might be the way. Plus, I want to battle those two again, when I get stronger that is." Gold said.
"Keshia, what do you think?" Jen asked.
"It's up to you Jen." Keshia said.
"Okay, you two can come with us, but I warn you. I'm not always easy to get along with. I have my moments where I'm difficult." Jen said. After that, Crystal and Gold joined Jen and Keshia in getting registered.
"Now then, looking at the map in my new guide book, the next stop is most likely Cherygrove city, then to Violet city for the gym battle." Jen said.
"Maybe I can get some new pokemon on the way. I only brought Flareon with me." Keshia said.
"Well, I left Heracross to train with Gallade." Jen said.
"Meet my team. Serafina is the Luxray, Leader is the Empoleon, you already met Shadow, and Furry is my Furret." Crystal said after releasing all her pokemon.
"Meet Growlithe, Scyther and Shuppet." Gold said, also letting out his team.
"Wow. We have got a big addition to the team, huh?" Jen said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:18:05 AM
Charizard

Chapter 2: "Oh yeah, Jen? I was wondering. In your battle, you used your dad's battle phrase, so what is going on with that?" Keshia asked.The group was on the road heading to Cherygrove city.
"I think I'll keep it for awhile, and see how it fits." Jen said.
"I've thought up of a new phrase as well. Its you and me." Keshia said.
"I like it." Jen said.
"Hey Jen, what is the champ like?" Crystal asked.
"Define like." Jen said.
"I mean, how does he get so many wins, how he got so strong." Crystal said.
"Oh, well that's an easy one. He trains." Jen said.
"Geez, I could've told you that." Gold said.
"You seem to expect some great and mysterious secret, but the truth of the matter is, he just trains." Jen said with annoyance.
"People ask her that a lot, so she's sick of it by now." Keshia said in an undertone to Crystal and Gold. By nightfall, they found themselves in a clear, open field.
"Great, good luck finding firewood out here." Jen said, looking everywhere.
"No problem, I have an idea. What if we just use a lot of grass?" Gold said.
"Oh. Yeah that could work." Jen said. After building the fire, the group cooked their food and let the pokemon out for supper along with the trainers. Flareon went over and greeted Jen's team while the food was still being prepared. Crystal and Gold's teams were unsure of what to do. Seeing this, their trainers encouraged them to go over to the others. Growlithe was the first. He went over to Ivysour, and bit him.
"Don't be angry, that's just how he says hello." Gold said.
Maybe I should say hello back Ivysour said angrily. The other pokemon seemed to get along better after that, thinking they couldn't make a worse first impression than Growlithe. When the food was passed out, the teams ate with a pokemon from another team, except for Furry, who, as usual, ate with Crystal.
"She likes eating with me, thats all." Crystal said when questioned.
"Are you sure she isn't a little shy?" Gold asked.
"Nope." Crystal responded simply. Later that night, Jen couldn't sleep, so she went for a walk. It wasn't long before she saw Umbreon sitting alone staring up at the moon.
Penny for your thoughts Jen said.
Now what would an Umbreon do with a penny? Umbreon replied.
Okay, then whats on your mind? Jen asked.
Nothing. I just like looking at the moon. I'm an Umbreon, so you know that I evolved at night, on the full moon to be exact. They say that an Umbreon that evolves on the full moon is destined to be gifted, more powerful than normal Umbreon Umbreon said.
I seem to recall that, even on the cloudiest of nights, neither rain nor sleet nor snow would keep you from slipping out at night and staring at the sky, wheather the moon was there or not Jen said.
It helps me think, some alone time, you know? Anything on your mind? Umbreon asked.
I'm just not used to having so many new faces yet, and it's exciting. A bigger party, a lot more fun we'll all have Jen said.
Well, that shouldn't stop you from sleeping, so try and go back to sleep, okay? Umbreon said. Jen nodded and left, leaving Umbreon to resume staring at the sky.
The next morning, there was a fight at breakfast.
"Hey Gold, wake up! Growlithe bit Ivysour again and they're really having at it!" Keshia said. Gold woke up and saw Jen trying to pull Ivysour off of Growlithe, and having little success at that.
"Growlithe, what are you doing?" Gold asked, helping Jen seperate them. Once they were apart, Jen sat Ivysour down, and Ivysour told her the story of what happened.
"Okay Gold, here is what happened. Ivysour says he was eating breakfast with Serafina when Growlithe snuck over and used Fire fang on his back. Ivysour, quite angry, fired a Solarbeam, sending Growlithe high, then was content on leaving it at that, but Growlithe came back for more. That is when he just lost it and he and Growlithe were really tearing at each other." Jen explained.
"How do you know that?" Gold asked.
"Jen has the ability to bond her soul with her pokemon and speak with them telepathicaly." Keshia said casually.
"Is that teachable?" Crystal asked eagerly.
"Um, I don't think so. I inherited the power from my dad." Jen said.
"Wow, so that must be his secret!" Crystal said.
"Look, we'll talk about it more over breakfast if you want, but for now, Gold could you please do something about Growlithe?" Jen said.
"Yeah, sure." Gold said. Gold carried Growlithe away, and talked to him. After breakfast, the group gathered everything up and set off again on the road. Around noon, they saw Cherygrove city.
"What say we get lunch there?" Jen asked.
"Lets go then." Gold said. At the pokemon center, Gold and Keshia went straight for the food, while Jen and Keshia went to use the phone first.
"Hey mom. Sorry about the whole 'I'm not taking my brother around Sinnoh' thing. You're not too mad, are you?" Crystal asked.
"I must admit, I'm frustrated, but Keith seemed happy with how things turned out. He started his journey with a Turtwig and is now on his way to his first gym match." Crystal's mom said.
"Oh yeah, I met some people and are now travelling with them. One of them is the champs daughter, can you believe it?" Crystal said.
"Wow, how did you meet someone like that?" They chatted for awhile and hung up to get lunch.
"I just talked to my dad. He said that the Violet city gym leader is Fawkner, and he specializes in flying types." Jen said.
"This should be fun." Keshia said.
"So, how are we going to do this? It would take way too long for each of us to fight alone." Crystal said.
"Oh, we thought of a solution for that a long time ago." Jen said.
"We pair up and fight the gym leader." Keshia said.
"Double battles? Sure, why not. I'll pair up with Jen." Crystal said. Jen stopped, while Keshia coughed loudly.
"We are already a team Crystal. Me and Keshia are a famous double battle team." Jen said.
"So? It's just one match, and who knows? We might make a better team than you and Keshia." Crystal said.
"Then I guess it's just me and you left Keshia." Gold said. Keshia did her best to hide her dissapointment.(That she isn't paired with Jen. Don't be affended). After lunch, they were soon on the road again, much to the amazement of Gold.
"So soon? We just got here after all." He had said.
"Hey Crystal, why did you want to pair up with Jen?" Keshia asked in an under tone.
"Why not?" She responded quietly, and she left it at that. At dusk, just before the fire was built, a Noctowl swooped in on them from above and attacked.
"Mine! Its you and me Flareon!" Keshia said. "Flamethrower!" The attack scorched it's left wing, forcing it to land rather harshly.
"Fire fang!" Keshia said. Flareon bit it's other wing, doing enough damage to faint it. Keshia tossed a pokeball at it, catching it.
"Yay for me, lets eat." Keshia said happily.
"You get used to it." Jen said when Gold and Crystal shot her confused looks.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:18:35 AM
Charizard

Chapter 3: The group was just outside Violet city when it started raining, and hard.
"Come on, we can take shelter in the center." Gold said. They ran as fast as they could towards the center, slipping on the wet floor when they arrived.
"Ouch. I'll be feeling that in the morning." Jen said.
"Hey guys, it's already half past six. How about we sleep here then go to the gym in the morning?" Crystal said. They ate their supper, keeping Growlithe and Ivysour far away from each other, then turned in for the night.
The next morning, Gold got up first and looked outside.
"Still raining?" Gold wondered. Jen got up, and immdeiatly rubbed her hip, wincing in pain.
"What do yah know, I was right." Jen said softly so as not to wake up the others. She went to get an early breakfast when she peered outside.
"Now how are we supposed to get to the gym in this weather?" Jen asked.
"Good question." Gold replied. Crystal and Keshia got up later and joined the others. On the TV, a state of emergency alert went out, warning citizens of a flash flood.
"Good morning, how are you? Oh yeah, flood, so becareful." Jen mocked bitterly.
"Calm down, we can go when the storm is over." Keshia said. Hours passed, and the storm finally stopped after lunch.
"Finally, I've dying to get out there." Jen said.
"We couldn't tell." Gold muttered. At the gym, the found an incredibly tall tower, and when they got to the top, a giant roof top stadium awaited them.
"Fawkner?" Jen shouted.
"Yes?" Avoice replied from the other side. Fawkner walked in, with a ref behind him.
"I take it you know why we're here." Jen said.
"And I know the terms of the battle. Go Pidgeot and Dodrio!"
"We fight as one Cinder!"
"Game on Serafina!"
"Pidgeot use Sky attack, and Dodrio use Drill peck!" Fawkner said.
"Cinder, block it with Dragon rage!" Jen said.
"Serafina, Thunder fang!" Crystal said. Dragon rage interrupted Sky attack, along with damaging Pidgeot, while Thunder fang bit Dodrio in it's side, fainting it quickly.
"Pick up the pace Jen, or I'll leave you behind me. Thunder fang again!" Crystal said. Serafina leapt into the air, surprising Cinder, and chomped on Pidgeot, taking it out easily.
"Dang it. Oh well, I lost. Hey, you two. I take it you guys want a match as well? If so, come on! I've got Noctowl and Fearow right here." Fawkner said, releasing the pokemon as he spoke.
"Ready Gold?" Keshia asked.
"Yep. Go hard or go home Growlithe!"
"Its you and me Flareon!"
"Noctowl, Confusion!" Fawkner said.
"Growlithe, use Fire fang on Flareon!" Gold said. Growlithe bit Flareon with a powerful Fire fang.
"Thanks Gold. Flareon, Flamethrower!" Keshia said. Flareon sent out a huge jet of flames that intercepted Confusion, and scorched Noctowl enough to faint it.
"Fearow isn't going down so easily. Brave bird!" Fearow dove down straight at them, lit up with an electric blue glow.
"Fire fang!" Gold and Keshia shouted in unison. Flareon and Growlithe each jumped up and chomped down as hard as they could on a wing. Fearow was forced out of the air, and crashed down hard on the stadium.
"I stand corrected. This is the first time I've been beaten by four people in the same day. I must be losing my touch." Fawkner said. The ref gave each of them a feather badge, and the left.
"So Jen, who do you prefer as your partner now?" Crystal asked.
"Honestly?" Jen asked.
"Yep. I want to know who you prefer as a partner: me or Keshia." Crystal said.
"Keshia." Jen said.
"What? Why?" Crystal asked, surprised.
"She works with me better. I mean, sure we won, and fast, but the team work just wasn't there. Maybe next time you and Gold should team up." Jen said.
"Fine, as long as we get there fast. Where are we headed anyway?" Crystal asked.
"Azalea town." Jen answered.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:19:28 AM
Charizard

Chapter 4: In the wide open grassland field, Keshia could see an area of water ahead.
"Guess what my dad gave me?" Keshia said. She pulled out a fishing rod(in pieces. Some assembly required) from her pack.
"Good for you. Too bad I didn't bring mine." Jen said. Keshia ran over to the water and cast her line in, while the others got lunch set up. 15 minutes later, lunch had already been made, and Keshia was about to give up when the rod was nearly yanked from her grip.
"Hey guys, I got something!" Keshia yelled. The rod continued to jerk violently, and Keshia nearly lost it, until Cinder grabbed the rod. Together, they heaved and a Chinchou flew out of the water.
"So, this is the little fighter that took Cinder's strength to get out." Keshia said. The Chinchou's antenea sparked violently as it jumped up and down.
"Energetic, aren't we? I could use a water type like you." Keshia said.
"One problem. This one looks tough, and the two pokemon you have are weak against both it's traits." Gold said.
"Oh yeah, I forgot. This could be harder than I-"
"Ivysour, Razor leaf!" A flurry of leaves shot at Chinchou, taking it by surprise.
"Now, Solarbeam!" Jen said. Ivysour built up the energy he needed, then fired the beam at Chinchou, finishing it off.
"Okay Keshia, go ahead." Jen said.
"I don't know how many times I have to say this, but what would I do without you Jen?" Keshia asked after successfully catching Chinchou. After lunch, the group set off again for Azelea town, soon coming to the entrance of a cave.
"Um, Jen? Are you sure we're going the right way?" Crystal asked.
"I'm sure. This is Union cave. It links this area with Azalea town." Jen said. Once entering the cave, Jen pulled out her flashlight.
"Only proving my point." Keshia said. Smiling, Jen led the way through the cave.
"Wait, did you hear that?" Gold asked quietly. They all froze, straining their ears to try and listen.
"Oh, that. Don't worry, there are Gastly and Misdrevious here that like making roars from random locations in the cave to try and scare off trainers and travellers." Jen said.
"Sounds pretty real to me." Gold said. A few minutes later, light shown from the end of the cave. Jen put her flashlight away and when they were almost at the exit, ten Gastly and Mistrevious popped out of nowhere, laughing.
"Lovely." Crystal commented when a Gastly stuck it's tongue out at them.
"Are we going to have to force our way through, or can we do this peacefully?" Jen asked. The ghosts huddled together for a moment, then they all turned to them and yelled as loud as they could.
"I'm guessing that would be a no." Jen said.
"Game on Serafina!" Crystal said. "Use Spark!" Serafina charged at them, hitting three of them successfully. The pokemon retaliated by shooting a group Shadow ball.
"Dodge it!" Crystal said, shaken by the size of the attack. Serafina looked around frantically, not finding a clear path. The ghost pokemon laughed at her, still holding the Shadow ball.
"Protect!" Crystal said. The Shadow ball was fired, made useless by the Protect.
"Now Spark again!" Serafina charged each of them down, fainting each one she hit until they were all down.
"Nice job Crystal." Jen said.
"It was nothing." Crystal said with a small hint of pride. They exited the cave safely and saw Azalea town.
"Hey Jen, do you know what Azalea town is like?" Keshia asked.
"Yes, and whatever you do, don't insult Slowpoke." Jen said heavely.
"Why?" Gold asked.
"You'll see when we get there." Jen said. Around mid afternoon, they arrived in town seeing it crawling with Slowpoke.
"Are the inhabitants of this place all Slowpoke?" Crystal asked.
"No, that would be stupid. The people here worship Slowpoke because they make it rain." Jen said.
"Yeah, that isn't stupid at all." Gold said.
"Remember, never insult Slowpoke here, got it?" Jen warned.
"We got it." Gold and Keshia said.
"Crystal clear." Crystal said.

I know, bad pun. I couldn't stop myself, so deal with it
Old December 2, 2010, 07:20:02 AM
Charizard

Chapter 5: "There it is! The Azalea gym is...in need of a lawn mower." Keshia said upon entering.
"I've already told you it is a bug type gym, so naturally this place would be forest themed." Jen said.
"Creepy if you ask me." Crystal said.
"Good thing I didn't ask you." Someone said. Looking everywhere, Keshia spotted a boy in a tall tree.
"Hey there. I'm Bugsy, the gym leader." Bugsy said.
"And we aren't in a tree. Why are you?" Gold asked.
"I'm stuck." Bugsy responded. He pointed to a fallen ladder, and once helping him down, they got to business.
"I already now you guys. You have a pretty good reputation, you know." Bugsy said.
"We know." Jen and Keshia said together.
"Go Scizor and Beedrill!"
"Its you and me Noctowl!"
"Nice Charizard, but I have defences for fire types. Iron defence Scizor!" Bugsy said. Scizor's body became harder than steel, and took up a defencive stance.
"That won't help much. Meteor wing!" Jen said. Cinder's wings burst into flames and, flapping hard once, shot giant fire balls at Scizor, fainting it.
"What power! No one has gotten past Scizor so easily! Beedrill, look out for these guys...Beedrill?" Bugsy said. He turned to see Noctowl turning his head side to side, perched on a fainted Beedrill.
"What? But how?" Bugsy exclaimed.
"We weren't standing here twiddling our thumbs, you know." Keshia said.
"What happened?" Bugsy asked.
"Noctowl hit Beedrill with a confusion, it flew into trees hurting itself further, and then was finished off with Air slash." Keshia said.
"Our turn!" Crystal said.
"Fine, I'm up for it. Go Ariados and Butterfree!"
"Go hard or go home Shuppet!"
"Game on Leader!"
"Butterfree Hyper beam!" Bugsy said. (side note: my brother went nuts when I tought my Butterfree Hyper Beam long ago, and still freaks out, so I just had to do this)
"Leader Iron defence!" Crystal said. Hyper beam was absorbs by Iron defence, and Leader was revealed unharmed at all.
"Solarbeam and Sludge bomb!" Bugsy said. Butterfree was locked on Shuppet, but couldn't get a clear shot, for Shuppet was phasing through the trees, laughing at Butterfree. Ariados hit Leader multiple times with Sludge bomb, each making direct hits, but if Leader was damaged at all, he hid it well.
"Shoot Butterfree! Don't let it get away! Why isn't Sludge bomb working?" Bugsy said.
"You seem to forget that Leader is part steel, and poison doesn't affect steel types." Crystal said. Butterfree finally snapped, furious at the laughter from Shuppet, and fired Solarbeam, smashing through a tree. Shuppet looked at the destroyed tree, then turned back to Butterfree and laughed again.
"As much as I hate to ruin his fun, use Shadow ball!" Gold said, chuckling a bit himself. Shadow ball was fired from point blank range, taking out Butterfree in one shot.
"Hydro pump!" Crystal said. A huge blast of water shot Ariados into the trees behind it.
"So we all get the forest badge, right?" Jen asked.
"...Yes. I lost fair and square." Bugsy said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:20:34 AM
Charizard

Chapter 6: "Hey Jen, do you know the way through the forest?" Crystal asked. The group had entered the forest outside Azalea town after a nights sleep, and were on their way to Goldenrod city.
"Um, do you want the truth?" Jen asked.
"Will I regret asking for it?" Crystal asked.
"Yeah pretty much." Jen asnwered. Crystal slapped her forehead.
"I knew we should have gone right." Keshia said.
"What? It was you who suggested we go right in the first place!" Gold said.
"Hey, here's an idea. Lets follow the pokemon. Its what my dad did whenever he got lost." Jen said. A Swablu and a Tropius flew overhead, heading north.
"Perfect timing. Lets go." Jen said. Running to keep up with them, they followed the Swablu and the Tropius for many minutes before coming to an exit. The group stopped to catch their breath, while the Swablu and Tropius flew down onto a patch of grass.
"Hey Crystal." Gold whispered.
"Yeah?" She whispered back.
"I call dibs on the Tropius." Gold said. Hearing this, Tropius took a battle stance, as did Swablu.
"Go hard or go home Growlithe!"
"Game on Serafina!" Swablu took to the sky, barely dodging a Thunder fang. Tropius moved its wings out of the way to avoid a hyperactive Fire fang, eventually catching it. Tropius flapped its wings harder, trying in a vain attempt to shake off Growlithe.
"Serafina, jump as high as you can and use Spark!" Crystal said. Serafina lept up into the air, only to miss due to Swablu flying higher. Looking around, Serafina had an idea. She ran at a tree, ran up it, and kicked off with tremendous force, Spark at the ready, striking Swablu, and dragging it down to the ground. Crystal saw her chance and threw a pokeball. Tropius collapsed from exhaustion, and Gold threw a pokeball. Both stopped shaking at the same time, and I await your nickname for your Swablu.
"Now that you two have new friends, can we please get going?" Jen asked.
"Yeah, I'm good. You Crystal?" Gold asked.
"Me too, lets go." Crystal said. They left the forest, finally, and covered their eyes from the rush of sunlight.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:21:13 AM
Charizard

Chapter 7: Walking along the thin river, the group headed towards Goldenrod city.
"Here lookks as good as any place to set up for lunch, huh?" Jen said.
"Sounds good, I'm starving!" Keshia said. They set up the fire, and just as they were getting out the food, Jen saw something blinking white out of the corner of her eye. She turned and saw a dark green egg tumbling down a hill towards then, and also she saw an old man running after it.
"Hey kids, stop that egg!" He shouted. Acting quickly, Jen ran at it and scooped it up.
"Thank you kindly miss." He said.
"How did this one get away?" Jen asked.
"I don't know. This egg has been causing me grief for as long as I've been taking care of it." He said.
"Oh, so you're the day care man, right?" Jen asked.
"Sure am. Oh look! This egg's about to hatch!" He said. Remembering Lapras, Jen paniced a bit, and just before she could give it back, a Larvatar hatched from the egg, and Jen was the first one she saw. Jen just stood there, with an emotionless face, handed the Larvatar to the old man, rested her chin on her hands, and screamed in her head "WHY ME?!?"
"Well, I guess this little girl here is yours, now isn't she?" The day care man said. Larvatar tried to wiggle free, trying to get to Jen. jen went over, took Larvatar into her arms, thanked the man, and went back to the fire, resuming setting up lunch, while the others watched her.
I heard from Leafeon about Lapras, and now Larvatar, maybe you should stop being a trainer and become a day care lady? Jolteon said with a smurk.
"You all just going to stand there, or do I have to set this up myself?" Jen asked calmly. The others went to set up lunch with her, and after they all ate, Jen was rocking a sleeping Larvatar in her arms.
"Have you bonded your souls yet?" Keshia asked.
"Yep. She really seems tired, huh?" Jen asked with a soft smile.
"When she hatched, you didn't seem NEARLY this cool about it." Keshia said.
"No one is mocking me, I've got a Larvatar, and a sweet one at that, you guys don't, so, yeah I'm good." Jen said.
"If you put it that way, now I feel a little jealous." Crystal said.
"What for? You have a furry friend right near you." Jen said.
"Oh yeah, I do." Crystal said, petting Furry.
"So, what are you going to do now?" Gold asked.
"Keep her, train her, hope she gets along with the others, and try to get her an element move." Jen said. Jen put Larvatar in her pokeball for some sleep, then helped the others pack up everything. Once everything was put away, and the pokemon were recalled, they set off again for Goldenrod city.
"Hey, Gold? How about we test out our new pokemon before we go to the gym?" Crystal asked.
"Sure, good idea. Go hard or go home Feuilles!"
"Game on Lucky!"
"Hmm, lets see what you can use." Gold said, checking his pokedex.
Pokemon: Tropius
Nickname: Feuilles
Moves: Leaf storm, Magical leaf, Aerial ace, Sky attack

Pokemon: Swablu
Nickname: Lucky
Moves: Wing attack, Aerial ace, Sing, Dragon pulse
"Woh! My Lucky can use Dragon pulse?!? How lucky did I get?" Crystal said.
"Hey, I scored big time as well. This one has Leaf storm, how cool is that?" Gold said.
"Okay, time to battle. Lucky, Wing attack!" Crystal said.
"Fly up and use Sky attack!" Gold said. Lucky charged at Feuilles, missing by mere inches, and Feuilles dive bombed Lucky.
"Sing!" Crystal said quickly. Lucky sang quickly, putting Feuilles to sleep almost immediatly, and he crashed into the ground.
"Wake up Feuilles!" Gold yelled. Feuilles continued to sleep, despite Gold's shouts.
"I can't really call this a win, because Feuilles didn't faint, just won't wake up. So, no one wins, okay?" Crystal said.
"Yeah, but next time, don't use Sing." Gold said, returning Feuilles.
"Lucky, I can tell we are going to be great friends." Crystal said. Lucky chirped and dlew onto her shoulder, rubbing against her cheek.
"Strong and sweet? I really lucked out." Crystal said.

Some may argue there were bad puns in this chapter, and they are right, but atleast it was a long one, right?
Old December 2, 2010, 07:21:46 AM
Charizard

Chapter 8: "Hey Jen, is that Goldenrod city?" Keshia asked. The group is found at the outskirts of Goldenrod city, admiring the tall buildings.
"Yep, and don't run around everywhere you guys. This is a big city, and we can get lost from each other quite easily." Jen said.
"Need I remind you who is the older trainer here?" Crystal said.
"We don't need a lecture, we know how easy it is to get lost in a place like this." Gold said. They went in the city, and within half an hour, they were seperated in the crowd.
"'We don't need a lecture, we know how easy it is to get lost in a place like this'." Jen mocked. She wandered the city, eventually finding the pokemon center.
"Hello Keshia." Jen said frustrated. Keshia jumped a bit, and looked up from her food.
"Hey Jen, where'd yah go?" Keshia asked.
"Where'd I go? You ditched me!" Jen said angrily.
Don't cause a scene Jen Jolteon said. Jen took a deep breath, and calmed down.
"Have you seen Crystal or Gold?" Jen asked.
"Nope, but I would bet anything that they would have gone here or to the gym. Since they didn't come here, lets go." Keshia said.
"What's the rush? lets get some food first." Jen said. They left the center a little while later with full stomachs, headed to the gym. When they got there, they saw Gold and Crystal come out of it, both holding something shiny in their hands.
"Let me guess." Jen said.
"Yep. While you two ditched us, we got our third gym badge." Crystal said.
"We ditched you? I tried to warn you how easy it was to get lost, but you said you two didn't need a lecture. 30 minutes later, I'm by myself!" Jen chastised.
"Look, just go get your badge. That should calm you right down." Gold said.
"Yeah, you're right. Sorry, but I did warn you I wasn't always easy to get along with." Jen said. She and Keshia entered the gym, while Gold and Crystal went to get something to eat.
"Whitney, we challenge you to a battle." Jen said.
"Whitney?" Keshia questioned.
"Yes, Whitney. She is the gym leader and specializes in normal types." Jen said.
"And I will show you just how good I am." Whitney said.
"Go Miltank and Clefable!"
"Its you and me Chinchou!"
"We fight as one Pidgeot!"
"Miltank Rollout and Clefable you use Metronome!" Whitney said. Miltank charged Chinchou, while Clefable shook it's fingers back and forth.
"Chinchou, Thunder wave!" Keshia said. Chinchou paralyzed Miltank, stopping it's roll on a dime.
"Now, use Thunderbolt!" Keshia said. Chinchou struck Miltank with a tremendous amount of electricity, fainting it.
"Now, we just have to worry about Metronome." Jen said. Clefable finished Metronome and, BOOM!
"...Um, did it just use Explosion?" Jen asked unbelievingly.
"I do believe it did, so...we win?" Keshia asked.
"Yes. I shouldn't have used Metronome right out of the gate, that was my bad." Whitney said. They walked out of the gym, holding their Plain badges with pride, and met up with Crystal and Gold at the pokemon center.
"How did your matches go?" Gold asked.
"We won, ofcourse. Tell us though, how did you win your matches?" Jen asked.
*Flashback*
"Well, at least I found you Gold, but I wish we could find Jen and Keshia." Crystal said.
"Well, maybe they'll meet us up at the gym." Gold said.
"Oh yeah, good thinking." Crystal said. They entered the gym and faced Whitney almsot immediatly.
"Well Whitney, we challenge you." Gold said.
"Bring it on. Go Nidorina and Torous!"
"Go hard or go home Feuilles!"
"Game on Furry!"
"So I finally get to see Furry somewhere other than your shoulder during meals?" Gold said.
"Maybe this will suffice. Furry, use Headbutt!" Crystal said. In the blink of an eye, Furry had smached into Torous, obviously giving it a mager headache.
"Okay, message recieved. Do not mock the Furret, got it. Use Leaf storm!" Gold said. A green tornado with leaves whirled to life, striking Torous, finishing it off.
"Why gang up on my poor Torous? Use Poison sting!" Whitney said. Nodorina fired off rounds of missles, only to be blown away with another Leaf storm.
"Use Fury swipes!" Crystal said. A flurry of movement, too fast for the naked eye to see, Furry slashed away at Nidorina, fainting it.
"Don't worry Nidorina, I'd faint too if that was me." Whitney said, returning her.
"Guess we win." Gold said.
"Here, take them." Whitney said, giving the badges to them.

"And how did you guys win your match?" Gold asked. Jen and Keshia both told them, all while snacking on food while the others ate.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:22:18 AM
Charizard

Chapter 9: After finishing their story, Larvatar jumped up to the seat next to Jen.
"Why hello there." Jen cooed, picking up Larvatar, holding her in her arms.
"Jen, aren't you babying Larvatar just a bit?" Keshia asked.
"I wonder why, considering how old she is." Jen said.
"Okay, okay, point taken. When are you going to train her though?" Keshia asked.
"I trained Lapras early because she wanted to train. I'll train Larvatar when she is old enough or decides she is." Jen said.
"Well I think that is just plain rubish." Jen turned behind her to see a trainer of 14, spicky blue hair, black fur coat, brown pants and boots, and black bike gloves, and a british accent.
"Pardon me, but I just couldn't help over hearing your pathetic statement." He said.
"Well I don't recall asking for your approval." Jen said.
"Someone had to say it. You're babying something that could grow up to become a powerful Tyranitar, yet you cuddle it in your arms like a doll. Can you really call yourself a trainer?" He said.
"I don't recall asking for your opinion, so back off." Jen said agressively. Jolteon and Umbreon took battle stances, ready to jump in incase things got ugly.
"Hey, listen. It would be in your best interest to leave my friend alone." Keshia said, getting up.
"And what if I don't want to?" He asked.
"Then you'll answer to Sinnoh's champ." Crystal said, also getting up.
"Ooh Sinnoh's champ, I'm soo scared." He mocked.
"You'd better be!" Crystal said, getting really annoyed really quickly.
"Well my Dragonite here says different." He said, letting it out. Dragonite popped out by his side.
"Now then, who is afraid of who?" He said, laughing.
"Hey kiddo, do you have a problem here?" Hearing that voice made the punk stop cold. Everyone turned to the door to see grand champion Chris enter with Charizard and the others, except for Gyarados by his side.
"Hey daddy. We were just talking to this guy, um what was your name again?" Jen asked sweetly.
"M-my name is Jeff, sir." Jeff said.
"Jeff huh? Nice Dragonite you got here. No match for Charizard here, but nice all the same. Would you like to prove me wrong in a battle?" Chris asked.
"N-no sir, I wouldn't." Jeff stuttered.
"Oh really? Because, from the way you were just lecturing my daughter about how to raise her pokemon, and then let out your Dragonite to threaten her, I do believe you must think yourself a mighty fine trainer, now prove it, or otherwise leave my daughter alone." Chris said, putting heavy emphasis on those last four words.
"Y-y-you heard that?" Jeff asked, really scared now.
"Indeed I did, and I'm not happy when someone threatens my little girl."' Chris said, no longer calm.
"I-I-I proise I'll leave right now sir!" Jeff said. He returned Dragonite, appologized to Jen and the others, and ran with his tail between his legs out the door.
"Thanks dad, but what are you doing here?" Jen asked.
"I wanted to compete in the Pokeathon. I heard it's near Goldenrod city, and since I've never competed, I figured why not?" Chris said.
"The Pokeathon? Its here in Johto too?" Crystal said.
"And you are..." Chris said.
"Oh right, we haven't introduced ourselves. I'm Gold, from Lillycove." Gold said.
"I didn't think I'd need an intro, since I'm the Sinnoh champ." Crystal said.
"You won the Sinnoh league?" Chris asked.
"Yep, and I have the trophy to prove it, just not with me." Crystal said.
"Thats weird, I always battle the winners of each league." Chris said.
"What?!?" Crystal exclaimed.
"Yeah, my dad fights the champs of each league when they win. Didn't you get the letter?" Jen asked.
"What letter?" Crystal asked. Thinking of something, she ran to the phone and called home. A few minutes later, she came back with her head hung low.
"I left home just as it came, so I missed my chance, huh?" Crystal asked.
"Nope, we can battle right now. You did win the Sinnoh league, right?" Chris said.
"Yep, and I won't be an easy opponent!" Crystal said. They went behind the center, onto the battle field provided.
"Game on Lucky!" Crystal said. Gallade stepped up to face this one.
"Sing Lucky!" Lucky began singing, but was interupted with a Leaf blade.
"Stay strong and use Dragon pulse!" Crystal said. Lucky flew up high and shot a Dragon pulse, only to have Gallade bounce it back with Leaf blade.
"Lucky no!" Crystal said, worried. Dragon pulse collided with Lucky, causing a cloud of smoke.
"Please be okay!" Crystal prayed. In the smoke, a bright white light appeared, then dissapeared with the smoke.
"Lucky, evolved?" Crystal said in awe. Altaria dive bombed Gallade with Aerial ace. Gallade jumped out of the way just in time, and retaliated with Aura sphere. Lucky dodged it just in time and her body lit up with an orange light. An orange ball the size of a large rock appeared infront of Lucky and shot into the air, splitting into multiple orbs, hurtling towards Gallade.
"Draco meteor too? Lucky really is lucky!" Crystal said. Her celebration was short lived as Gallade bounced each and every one back at Lucky with Leaf blade. After the barage of meteors, Lucky fainted.
"Good match Crystal. That Altaria of yours is really strong. You must be really close for her to use Draco meteor right out of the gate." Chris said.
"Thanks, but once we train some more, things won't end this way, mark my words." Crystal said.
"I look forward to it." Chris said. With that, he turned and left.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:22:49 AM
Charizard

Chapter 10: The group had just woken up in the field, and were setting up breakfast.
"Hey Jen, as far as I know, you are the only one of us that knows the gym leaders and what they are good at. Can you give the rest of us a run down?" Gold asked.
"Sure. We're going to Ecruteak city(did I spell it right?) to face Mortey, who is good with ghost types. Next, the closest is Olivine, with Jasmine, the steel gym leader, but she isn't always there. Chuck, the fighting type master, is on an island. We'll come back to Ecruteak, then head east to face the man known to all as Icey Price, guess what he's good with. Then, the final one, who is said to be the strongest of them all in Johto. My dad has his own nickname for her. He calls her Clair madame Dragonair, because she uses far too many Dragonair. Needless to say, she specializes in the hard to train dragon type." Jen said.
"Wow, you really do know all about Johto." Crystal said.
"Well, I wouldn't go that far. I don't know why there are Hoenn pokemon here." Jen said.
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Keshia said. Once everything was set up, the group sat down to eat, and the pokemon paired up to eat with each other as usual. In the middle of breakfast, Scyther recieved an unwelcome blast of electricity from behind. Looking behind him, he saw Luxio eating with Growlithe. Thinking it was her, he retaliated with Wing attack. Confused and slightly angry, Luxio shouted at Scyther, who shouted back, and it was only a matter of time until it turned into a battle. Some pokemon tried to break it up, while some others simply decided to let them get it out of their system. Ivysour felt a quick yet painful bite on his bulb. He was too slow to see who had done it, but he saw Growlithe behind him watching the fight. They too fought not to long after. Lapras was doing her best when she got zapped from her side. She saw Chinchou, and soon fought. It was chaotic, until it suddenly got dark. Not many paid it any attention, but they stopped when a dark spike hit them on the head. They looked up just in time to see the full moon disappear.
"Thank you Umbreon. Now then, Luxio lets start with you. What happened with you and Scyther?" Jen asked.
I was eating with Growlithe, and next thing I know he hit me, then shouted at me for zapping him when I asked why he did that Luxio said.
I was bitten from behind, and when I turned around, I saw Growlithe, so you can't blame me for attacking back Ivysour said.
I got zapped on my side, and I saw Chinchou right next to me Lapras said.
"Okay, I think I got it. Either you all need to get along better, or there is someone or something framing you guys." Jen said.
"Well, maybe Chinchou and Luxio, but I'm going to have to go with Ivysour about Growlithe." Keshia said.
"hey, my Growlithe was eating with Luxio, not eating Ivysour!" Gold said defensively.
"Well, growlithe doesn't have a good history with Ivysour, now does he?" Keshia said.
"Enough!" Jen yelled. They stopped just in time to hear a rustling in some bushes nearby.
"I'm guessing that must be the one who framed you guys." Jen said. She slowly walked over to the bushes, and revealed a Manetric.
"Woh! Didn't see that coming." Jen said in shock. Manetric ran past her and tried to flee, but was stopped abd surrounded by Wild vine.
"So, what do we do with him?" Jen asked.
"I say we should teach him a lesson." Keshia said.
"Perhaps I should battle it and catch it." Gold said.
"So long as you keep it out of trouble, I'm okay with it." Jen said. Crystal and Keshia agreed as well. Ivysour lowered the vines, and Growlithe ran out to face Manetric.
"Fire fang!" Gold said. Growlithe rushed towards Manetric, and chomped down hard on him. Manetric sparked with electricity and zapped Growlithe until he let him go.
"Smart pokemon. Now I have to catch you. Shuppet, come here!" Gold said. Growlithe went to Gold's side, and Shuppet took over the battle.
"Shuppet, Shadow ball!" Gold said. Shuppet unleashed a rapid fire Shadow ball, while Manetric attempted to destroy all of them with Thunderbolt. He almost did it, until one got by and hit him. After that, a barage of Shadow balls hit him, over and over until Manetric collapsed. Gold threw a pokeball, and caught Manetric.
"Yes! I have a new pokemon, and he is strong." Gold said happily. The pokemon apologized, and the rest of breakfast went smoothly. They were on the road again soon after and reached Ecruteak around noon.
"Okay, we have to see the Burned tower while we're here." Jen said.
"I want to check out the Kimono girls. I hear they are strong battlers." Gold said.
"I also hear they have an Eeveelution between them all. Kanto and Johto evelutions, and I want to see how Flareon stands up to them." Keshia said.
"I'm sure Shadow could win, so I'll go with you three." Crystal said. They left for the dance(can I really call it a studio? I'll say its an area, because I'm not sure what to really call it) area, leaving Jen standing there with only Jolteon and Umbreon.
Might as well go with them, huh? Jen asked.
No, let them have their fun. I say you should go fight Mortey now Umbreon said.
No, then things would get complicated. I'll just go see the Burned tower Jen said. She went to the northern part of Ecruteak, while her friends were already battling the Kimono girls.
"Game on Shadow!"
"Go Umbreon!"
"Go Flareon!"
"Go hard or go home Manetric!"
"Go Jolteon!"
"Shadow, use Iron tail!" Crystal said.
"Umbreon, counter with Dark pulse!" Shadow beat Umbreon by a split second, and sent it flying with an Iron tail to the side.
"Now, end this with Shadow ball!" Crystal said. Shadow shot a huge Shadow ball, and fainted Umbreon quickly.
"I knew it, Shadow rules." Crystal said.
"Flareon, Dig!" Keshia said. Flareon dug underground, making the other Flareon look around worryingly. Flareon sprang up from the ground and hit the other Flareon hard, perhaps too hard, for Keshia had won the match already.
"Manetric, Iron tail!" Gold said.
"Jolteon, Pin missle!" Jolteon's spikes launched several missles, though Manetric manouvered through them with ease, and struck Jolteon hard.
"Finsh it with Crunch!" Gold said. Manetric bit down hard on an area spike free, and tossed Jolteon aside, fainted.
"We all won!" Gold celebrated.
"Yeah, we...wait, where's Jen?" Keshia asked, looking around.
"She said she wanted to see the Burned tower, while we came here, so lets go, shall we?" Crystal said. They found Jen on the first floor of the burned tower, staring up at something.
"Whatcha looking at?" Keshia asked. Jen simply pointed to where she was staring at. Following her gaze, Keshia and the others saw an Absol perched on the rafter, staring at Jen.
"How ironic that it is good luck to see a pokemon that warns you of bad luck." Jen said.
"Uh-oh. If an Absol is here, let get out of here!" Gold said. They ran out of the building, Absol following them, just to avoid the second floor cave in on them.
"Thanks for the warning Absol." Jen said. Absol nodded and started to turn away when Keshia stopped him.
"Absol wait. I want to have a chance at catching you. Will you battle me?" Keshia asked. Absol took a moment to think, then finally nodded.
"Its you and me Noctowl!" Keshia said. Absol shot a Razor wind quickly, taking Noctowl by surprise and temporarily knocking him off balance.
"Fight back with Air slash!" Keshia said. Noctowl didn't have the chance, for he was shot with Dark pulse, knocking him out of the air.
"Noctowl return! Its you and me Chinchou!" Keshia said. Chinchou was quick, paralyzing Absol with Thunder wave before he could attack. Keshia threw a pokeball, and caught Absol
"I've always wanted an Absol, and now I'm really happy." Keshia celebrated.
"Now then, lets go to the pokemon center, get some lunch, then face off against Mortey, okay?" Jen said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:23:20 AM
Charizard

Chapter 11: "This is a two on two match between the challengers Jen and Keshia versus gym leader Mortey. Begin!" The ref said.
"Go Haunter and Gengar!"
"Its you and me Radar!"
"We fight as one Luxio!"
"Wait, radar?" Jen asked.
"Yeah, good huh? An Absol detects bad luck like a radar, so I nicknamed it Radar." Keshia said.
"Double Shadow ball!" Mortey said. Haunter and Gengar stood side by side and combined Shadow balls to create one of a monsterous size.
"Dark pulse!" Keshia said.
"Thunderbolt!" Jen said. The giant Shadow ball was destroyed quickly by the combined power of Thunderbolt and Dark pulse, and Radar followed up with a Shadow Claw to Haunter.
"Ouch, that has to hurt." Crystal said.
"Radar, Bite!" Keshia said. Radar sunk his teeth into Haunter, fainting it.
"Wow, you caught a very powerful pokemon." Jen said in awe. Not wanting to be deprived of praise, Luxio lashed out with Thunderbolt, zapping Gengar with tremendous power, and fainted it.
"Seems Luxio would very much like some praise as well." Keshia said.
"She knows I love her." Jen said. Luxio hummed in happy responce. Crystal and Gold stepped up, and Mortey sent out a Gastly and another Haunter.
"Go hard or go home Manetric!"
"Game on Lucky!"
"Confuse ray!" Mortey said. Manetric lashed out with Thunderbolt in random, confused by the attack. Lucky avoided it by flying up, then dive bombed Gastly with Aerial ace, while shooting a Dragon pulse at Haunter. Haunter was surprised and didn't have time to avoid it, and was hit. Manetric stopped, snapping out of the confusion, and wasn't a happy camper.
"Manetric, Thunder!" Gold said. A huge blast of electricity struck Haunter, and it collapsed on the ground, fainted, along with Gastly, who fainted by Aerial ace.
"What is this badge called again?" Crystal asked after leaving the gym.
"The Relic badge if I'm not mistaken." Jen said.
"So, what now?" Keshia asked.
"Well, we could head to Olivine, and if Jasmine isn't there, we could go fight Chuck, but we have so much time." Jen said.
"I want to catch a certain pokemon I found out to be near here before we do anything. See you later at the center." Crystal said, then she ran off.
"Wonder what she wants to catch." Jen said.
"Probably something cute, yet seriously strong, and probably become beautiful when it evolves." Keshia said.
"You want to place a bet on that?" Gold asked.
"Yep. Say, 20?" Keshia said.
"Sounds great." Gold said. Around supper at the center, Crystal came running and found Jen adn the others with the pokemon out eating.
"Say hello to my new friend." Crystal said, holding a pokeball. She opened it to reveal a Vulpix.
"Dang it! I lose." Gold said, giving Keshia her money, albeit reluctantly.
"You made a bet?" Crystal asked.
"I had no part in it." Jen said.
"Oh well, I don't care. All I want to do left is to sleep on a good nickname for her." Crystal said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:23:50 AM
Charizard

Chapter 12: In Olivine city, Jen and the others were eating a big breakfast, having a big day ahead of them.
"I can't believe Jasmine isn't there!" Keshia complained.
"I warned you, didn't I? Fantina in Sinnoh is even worse I hear." Jen said after swallowing a mouth full of eggs.
"You heard right." Crystal said. After breakfast, they went to the harbor, about to get a ticket when a Krabby shot a Bubblebeam at them.
"Oh yeah? Go hard or go home Manetric!" Gold said. The Krabby snapped its pincers and clamped them on Manetric's leg.
"Big mistake. Thunderbolt!" Gold said. It's eyes widening, the Krabby recieved a huge electric shock, and sollapsed on the ground. Gold took this chance and caught the Krabby.
"Really Gold?" Jen asked.
"Sure, why not?" Gold asked.
"You seem to catch a lot of mischevious pokemon you know." Keshia said. They got on the boat and arrived on the island which this writer can't remember the name of, and set off for the pokemon center to get lunch.
"Long boat ride. We ate a big breakfast, but I'm still hungry after that. What about you guys?" Jen asked.
"Well, I'm hungry, but I think Jolteon and Umbreon would feel different." Crystal said. Umbreon and Jolteon looked green in the face, and were wobbling a bit.
The mighty pokemon of grand champion Chris, taken out by sea sickness Jen teased.
Sh-shut up Umbreon responded werrily. They walked to the pokemon center, and got everyone lunch, and some pills for Jolteon and Umbreon. Larvatar was sitting in Jen's lap, eating happily, while Furry was doing the same with Crystal.
"I wish I had a cute lunch friend like you two have." Keshia said. Flareon went over and rested her head on Keshia's leg. Keshia pet her head, and smiled.
"All better?" Jen asked.
"I'm happy now." Keshia said. Flareon left and resumed eating her lunch. Afterwards, they left for the gym. Upon entering, Jen ducked just in time to avoid getting hit in the face by a rogue kick.
"Hello there, and sorry, but Hitmontop here is still in training." Said a chubby man.
"You must be Chuck, correct?" Jen asked.
"Indeed I am. You want a gym match, yes?" Chuck asked. They all nodded and Chuck led them to the field.
"Go Palliwrath and and Machoke!"
"Its you and me Noctowl!"
"We fight as one Ivysour!"
"Use Cross chop both of you!" Chuck said.
"Sky attack!" Keshia said. Noctowl flew up and dive bombed Machoke.
"Razor leaf!" Jen said. Plliwrath was already on top of Uvysour, and he had no time to use Razor leaf. Protect, by instinct, shielded him from the attack. Razor lef followed suit when Polliwrath backed off, and took it out in one shot. Ivysour lit up in a bright light, and evolved inot Venusour.
"Yay me." Jen said gleefully. Polliwrath joined Mackoe on the ground, who couldn't stand up to Sky attack.
"Tag, your it." Keshia said to Crystal and Gold. They went up to face a Hitmonchan and a Hitmonlee.
"Go hard or go home Shuppet!"
"Game on Sonia!"
"Rolling kick and Mach punch!" Chuck said.
"Heat wave!" Crystal said. Sonia let out a fierce wave of heat that stopped Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan in their tracks and blew them back.
"Nice shot. Remind me never to make Sonia mad. Shuppet, Sucker punch!" Gold said. Out of nowhere, Hitmonchan got punched in his jaw, and he looked around, confused.
"Flamthrower!" Crystal said. A jet of flames blew Hitmonlee into the wall, fainted.
"Maybe we should rap this up as well. Shadow ball!" Gold said. Sonia contributed to the Shadow ball with one of her own, and together they fainted Hitmonchan.
"So Jen, what is this badge called?" Crystal asked, leaving the gym.
"Remember when I said I didn't know everything about Johto?" Jen said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:24:22 AM
Charizard

Chapter 13: At the pokemon center, the group had decided to stay and train for the day, rather than spend the night on the long boat ride.
"Venusour, Razor leaf!" Jen said. Venusour shot multiple leaf at Flareon, only for them to be burned down by Flamethrower.
"Hey Gold, Crystal, I hear you can buy a Fire stone on this island. Do you guys want a Ninetails and an Arcinine?" Jen asked. Looking at their pokemon they nodded to them, and nodded at them, then Gold and Crystal followed Jen to the store.
"Here you go Sonia. Only take it if you want to evolve." Crystal said.
"Same for you Growlithe." Gold said. Growlithe and Sonia looked at the stones, thought for a minute, then Sonia tapped her nose against it, and evolved into a beautiful Ninetails. Growlithe pawed at the stone, then evolved into an Arcinine.
"Guess they wanted to evolve." Gold said.
"Guess so." Crystal said. They returned their pokemon and left to resume training.
"Okay, lets see how much stronger Sonia has goten. Game on Sonia!" Crystal said.
"We fight as one Larvatar!" Jen said.
"Larvatar? Really Jen?" Crystal asked.
"She said she wanted to start training, so why not?" Jen said.
"A baby versus my Sonia. I kinda feel insulted Jen." Crystal said.
"Earthquake!" Jen said. The ground shook so much, Sonia was bouncing on the ground.
"Okay, you've made your point. Flamethrower!" Crystal said after the ground stopped moving.
"Sand Cloak!" Jen said. A wall of sand jumped infront of Larvatar, shielding her from the attack.
"When did she learn that?" Crystal asked.
"I don't know." Jen said.
"What do you mean you don't know?" Crystal said, slapping her forehead.
"Well, she didn't hatch with it, but one day I looked at her moves after she asked me to, and I saw her element move Sand Cloak." Jen replied.
"...Um, did she just learn it by herself?" Keshia asked.
"I guess so." Jen said.
I worked real hard on it mommy. Are you proud? Larvatar asked.
Yes I am Jen said.
"Why is it that your pokemon get all the element moves but not ours?" Gold asked.
"I don't know. I guess that teaching element moves runs in the family." Jen said.
"I want to know all of the element moves your pokemon have. Maybe by showing them, my pokemon can use them as well." Gold said, letting out his pokemon.
"Hey, good idea. I want in on this as well." Keshia said, also letting her pokemon out.
"I won't be left out." Crystal said, releasing her team.
"Fine, but I highly doubt any of your pokemon can use our element moves." Jen said. She let out her team and asked that, one by one, they demonstrate their element moves. Venusour went first, and Feuilles payed very close attention. Wild vine sprouted out of the ground, tossed a big rock into the air, whipped it to keep it in the air five times, then slapped it down to earth, shattering it into many pieces. Feuilles strained himself in focus, but couldn't manage to duplicate even a single vine.
"Maybe we should stop. You won't get anything from this at all." Jen said.
"Hold on, just try Pidgeot's move. Surely one of the three flying types here can use it." Gold said.
"I doubt it, but go ahead Pidgeot and use SonicAero." Jen said, sighing. Lucky, Noctowl and Scyther followed Pidgeot into the sky, then jerked away as he suddenly dive bombed a rock, and began glowing until the glow had assumed the shape of the user. Pidgeot flew out of the dive, while the golden copy soared down and smashed a rock into pieces. The closest was Noctowl's Sky attack, which didn't manage to shatter the rock.
"See, I told you. Now lets stop and get back to training, okay?" Jen asked.
"I have a good idea for training. Lets pit our pokemon up against their element moves. A true test of endurance and stamina." Gold said. Crystal and Keshia nodded in agreement.
"You're all crazy, but I'm not so egotistic to think that one shot from my pokemon would faint all of yours, so lets go." Jen said. Cinder stepped up, as did Arcinine, Sonia, and Flareon. Cinder's wings lit up in flames, and, after flapping them with all his might, fire balls hurled at them. Sonia launched Heat wave to defend herself, Arcinine ducked and manouvered around them, while Flareon was using Flamethrower to destroy them. Only Arcinine's strategy seemed to have any effect, as the fire bals fed off of Flamethrower and Heat wave. Flareon frantically avoided them, while Sonia gracefully danced out of the way. Arcinine was looking like he was having fun, until one of them smacked him across the head. Once one of them him, the others did as well. Arcinine braced himslef as the onslaught continued. Finally it was over, and damage was counted. Arcinine's fur was lightly scorched in few areas, Flareon was panting from moving so fast, and only Sonia seemed completely fine after the whole ordeal.
"Sonia wins, naturally. Next?" Crystal said. Luxio stepped up, as did Chinchou, Manetric, and Serafina. Thunderbolt was sent up, and clouds loomed overhead. Lightning bolts struck Luxio, and a ball of electricity formed and fired at the others. Manetric attempted to protect himself by putting up and electric forcefield, Chinchou intended to take the attack head on, while Serafina used Protect. After the blast, Chinchou was confermed NOT to have Volt absorb. Manetric and Serafina were perfectly fine.
"Tie." Gold said.
"Rest up Chinchou." Keshia said, recalling her pokemon. Pidgeot flew infront, Lucky, Scyther, and Noctowl at the ready for another try. Pidgeot flew up and down again, froming the golden copy. Noctowl had an Air slash ready to counter, Lucky was preparing a Draco Meteor, while Scyther was spinning rapidly with Swords dance, hoping to divert the attack. Pidgeot rose out of the dive, and Nocowl and Lucky fired their attacks. They did nothing to so much as slow it down, as it still soared at them. Scyther's trick made it the only winner.
"That's the way Scyther!" Gold said proudly.
"So we're tied. Because Keshia has only one pokemon left, this will be the last round. So she can catch up, this will be worth two wins." Crystal said.
"Yes it will, because this last one is a one hit ko move." Jen said. Lapras managed to move up, to meet Leader, Krabby, and Radar. The ground froze and the temperature decreased rapidly. One spike shot up near all three of them. Radar immediatly sprang to the right, Leader braced himself with Iron defence, and Krabby was trying to break the spike with Vicegrip. Krabby and Leader were enclosed, then the bright icy blue light appeared. Lapras was still chasing down Radar, but to no avail, as Absol were born to detect when and where misfortune was to happen. When Lapras stopped out of exhaustion, the ice disappeared to reveal Leader and Krabby were fainted in their blocks of ice.
"So we all tie. I love Radar!" Keshia said, running to hug Radar.
"How do we decide who wins?" Crystal asked.
"Whoever can beat Cinder in a match wins. How about that?" Jen suggested.
"No way. Our water types are all fainted. We'll just leave it at a tie, okay?" Gold said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:25:07 AM
Charizard

Chapter 14: Leaving Ciannwodd Island (Thank you LuXray), the group went on board the boat, and were soon complaining about the length of the ride.
"I'm telling you, it's too slow!" Crystal said.
"Because we are so near the Whirl Islands!" Jen replied.
"Well shouldn't we be going faster?" Gold asked.
"No, these whirlpools are like quicksand. The more you move, the faster you sink." Jen said.
"I still don't like it." Keshia said. The boat suddenly shook violently, and the group gripped the rail tightly.
"What was that?" Crystal asked.
"That is what happens when you go too fast in this area." Jen said.
"Okay, okay. Point taken." Crystal said. The rest of the ride was less eventful, to the groups pleasure, and they docked in Olivine city.
"I hope Jasmine is there." Gold said. They headed for the gym, and saw a woman walking in.
"That must have been Jasmine. Lets go!" Keshia said. They went in the gym and nearly ran into Jasmine.
"Oh, hello. What do you want?" Jasmine asked.
"We want to challenge you to a gym battle!" Jen said.
"You have come to the right place then. Lets go." They went to the battle field and waited for the ref.
"Go Maneton and Steelix!"
"We fight as one Larvatar!"
"Steelix use Iron tail!" Jasmine said. Steelix charged Larvatar, it's tail ablazing, only to hit a wall of sand, and stick. Steelix tried frantically to get free, but it only seemed to get stuck further.
"Remember how I mentioned quicksand earlier?" Jen asked.
"I didn't know it was a Quicksand Cloak." Keshia said.
"Neither did I. Use Earthquake!" Jen said. The ground around Steelix shook violently, and Steelix collapsed on the ground. Larvatar lit up and evolved into Pupitar.
"Didn't know she was close to evolving either." Jen said in surprise.
"Magneton, Thunder!" Jasmine said. Flareon dodged it, and retaliated with Flamethrower. The red hot jet of flames struck Magneton, and fainted it.
"Our turn." Crystal said.
"Go Magnezone and Scizor!"
"Go hard or go home Arcinine!"
"Game on Sonia!"
"Thunder and Metal claw!" Jasmine said. Scizor moved so fast, it dissapeared form sight, and reappeared infront of Sonia. Sonia, however, was prepared and had a Flamethrower ready, and sent Scizor flying by the sheer force of the attack. Thunder was easily dodged by Arcinine, and he bit down on Magnezone with Fire fang. Magnezone tried and failed to shake off Arcinine, but then something happened. The fire from the attack grew larger and larger, until it engulfed Magnezone completely. It was on fire for a few seconds, then the fire went away and Magnezone fainted.
"...What the heck was that?!?" Jen nearly yelled.
"Jen, I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but maybe my Arcinine has an element move." Gold said.
"No way, only my pokemon have them!" Jen said.
"Look, lets talk about this after we get something to eat, okay?" Crystal said. With their badges, they left for the center and got supper.
"Listen, there must be a reaon for this. No way that was an element move!" Jen protested.
"Then what was it?" Gold asked.
"I don't know, but I do know that my dad's pokemon, as well as my own, are the only one's with element moves, and I'm sure it's because we bonded our souls." Jen said.
"Maybe it doesn't take a bonded soul to create an element move. Let me settle this once and for all by looking at my pokedex and checking Arcinine's moves, okay?" Gold said, getting it out.
Pokemon: Arcinine
Nickname: None
Moves: Flamethrower, Flame wheel, Fire fang, ???

"???, That's what it says for the last move." Gold said.
"Well Jen? You have to admit now that it has to be an element move!" Keshia said.
"...Well, but, maybe...fine! I just didn't think it would be possible to have one without bonding your souls." Jen said.
"Well, I've been with him for all my life, growing up with him around the house. He was my first pokemon, so we must have a special bond, which allowed him to create one of his own." Gold said.
"So Jen, what is it?" Keshia asked.
"Huh? Jen asked.
"You always have names for element moves, so what is it called?" Keshia asked.
"Don't look at me. I name my pokemon's moves, but I think Gold here should get to name it himself." Jen said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:25:38 AM
Charizard

Chapter 15: In the middle of a field, the group was on their was to Ecruteak city, sitting down enjoying lunch.
"Wait, I know! I'll call it Fire Whirlpool." Gold said.
"Why?" Jen asked.
"Why not? The fire consuming the opponent falls into the whirlpool category." Gold said.
"To each their own way of life." Jen said to herself. Arcinine was running around, enjoying the air, until he suddenly spotted Venusour sleeping amongst some bushes. I trust you can fill in the blank? Well, it ended with Venusour chasind Arcinine with Razor leaf and Wild Vine, Arcinine's speed coming in very handy.
"Arcinine, when are you going to leave my Venusour alone? One of these days you'll bite him, he'll catch you, and I won't stop him." Jen said.
"Trouble in paradise?" Jen and the others turned to see Jeff and Dragonite snickering.
"What do you want Jeff?" Jen asked impatiently.
"To gloat ofcourse. I already have five badges, so you can tell me how good a trainer I am now." Jeff said smugly.
"We all have six badges, on our way to get our seventh." Keshia said, with equal smugness.
"What? You're lying!" Jeff exclaimed. His eyes widened with shock as they all pulled out their badges.
"I'm still a better trainer than any of you will ever be, and I'm ready to prove it!" Jeff nearly yelled. Just as Dragonite was preparing a Dragon pulse, Serafina dashed past Jen, her fangs alive with electricity, and bit down hard on Dragonites left wing.
"I told you when we last met. If you try to mess with my friend, you'll have to deal with me. Serafina, Spark!" Crystal said. Serafina almost made contact when Dragonite flew high in the sky.
"No matter how well trained, it can't fly. Rapid fire Dragon pulse!" Jeff said. The attacks rained down, and it was all Serafina could do to avoid them.
"Protect!" Crystal said. Serafina formed the shield and Dragon pulse hit it harmlessly.
"I was waiting for that. Feint!" Jeff said. Dragonite swooped down and smashed the shield, as well as Serafina.
"Give up yet?" Jeff asked.
"Not even close. Thunder fang!" Crystal said. Dragonite flew up before Serafina could land her attack. Dragon pulse rained down once more, and just as Serafina put up Protect, Dragonite dived down to smash it and damage her. The cycle went over and over again, until, for a breif second while Dragonite was swooping down with Feint, Serafina's eyes, normally blue, flashed electric yellow, then back. Serafina dropped the shield and electricity surged around her body until it completely enveloped her. Her fur went gold, moving with the alive electricity, and Dragonite bounced off her.
"I don't know what that was, but I don't care. Dragon Claw!" Jeff said. Electricity sparked around Dragonite, and it didn't move.
"Paralyzed? But how, unless...what was that move?" Jeff asked.
"Serafina's element move. It doesn't have a name yet, being new, but I'll get back to you on it. As for now, Thunder fang!" Crystal said. Serafina chomped down on Dragonite's right wing as hard as she could, and Dragonite fell down, fainted.
"I will get you next time, count on it!" Jeff said. He returned Dragonite then ran off towards Olivine city.
"You really are full of surprises, aren't you?" Crystal asked Serafina.
"We have to call it something until you think of a name. How about the temporary name of Amp Armor?" Jen suggested.
"Temporary, okay. I'll think of a name later, but who knows? I might keep that one." Crystal said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:26:18 AM
Charizard

Chapter 16: "I still haven't thought of a new name for it yet, so stop asking me Jen!" Crystal said.
"Sorry, just curious." Jen said. They were at the Lake of Rage, at the north of Mahogony town, and making their way down, once they're done seeing the sights, a.k.a. the lake.
"So Jen, your dad came here and fought off a swarm of Gyarados?" Gold asked.
"Yep, all with Chrameleon at his side." Jen said proudly.
"To think, not even one Gyarados is in this lake now, not even one." Keshia said.
"Yeah, I guess trainers must have caught them all." Jen said.
"Probably. Lets go, I want that seventh gym badge!" Crystal said.
"You said we were going to face Icey price, right?" Gold aske while walking.
"Yep. At first, he got that nickname because he treated his pokemon coldly, and also because he specializes in ice types. Now, its just the ladder." Jen said.
"What changed his mind?" Keshia asked.
"Some kid named Ash saved his Piloswine, and he treated his pokemon better." Jen said. They reached Mahogony town, and immediatly went for the gym. The gate around it was closed, and wouldn't open no matter how hard Crystal pounded.
"Hey now, what are you doing?" An old man asked.
"We're trying to get in here to challenge the gym leader to a battle!" Crystal said.
"If the gate is closed, it usually means the owner issn't there." He said.
"Well, what else can we do?" Crystal asked.
"How about step aside so I can open the gate to my gym." He said.
"Wait, you're Icey Price?" Gold asked.
"I wish people wouldn't use that name, but I brought it upon myself for choosing ice types." Price muttered to himself as he opened the gate. Leading the way, Crystal muttered to Jen "I never knew someone so old could be a gym leader."
"The older you are, the more expirience you get. He'll be a tough opponent." Jen muttered back. The field was covered in ice, with spikes popped up in random locations.
"Go Mamoswine and Lapras!"
"Double Blizzard!" Price said. The sheer wind force caught Cinder's wings and sent him flying backwards into the wall, while Flareon wasn't doing much better. Flareon froze on the spot from the Blizzard, while Cinder was trying to get up.
"Flamethrower!" Jen said. Cinder sent a jet of red hot flames, and while Mamoswine and Lapras were ready to dodge, Cinder was aiming at Flareon. He defrosted Flareon, and still continued with the attack.
"Thanks Jen, that will be plenty. Use Flamethrower!" Keshia said. With Cinder joining in, the jet of flames reached monsterous perportions, and scorched Lapras badly, as well as Mamoswine.
"Still up after that? You were right Jen. Price is a tough opponent." Keshia said.
"Blizzard and Hydro pump!" Price said. Mamoswine's Blizzard froze their feet to the ground, while Lapras shot a huge stream of water straight at Flareon.
"Flamethrower!" Keshia said. While Cinder was struggling to free himself, Flareon let loose a Flamethrower in an attempt to protect himslef against Hydro pump. Just when it seemed like Flareon was going to push Hydro pump back, Mamoswine joined in with Water pulse, and Flareon was hit hard enough to free him from the ice from the impact, and faint him.
"Sorry Jen." Keshia said, returning Flareon.
"Come on Cinder, lets turn up the heat. Meteor Wing!" Jen sadi. Cinder let loose multiple fire balls, and struck Lapras hard enough to faint it, while Mamoswine braced itself against the attack, and was still standing.
"Impressive." Jen said.
"You as well. Not many have defeated Lapras, nor given Mamoswine such a run for it's money. Blizzard!" Price said.
"Flamethrower!" Jen said. The two attacks collided in mid air, and just when Mamoswine was about to push back Flamethrower, Cinder ramped it up and scorched Mamoswine, fainting it.
"Close one." Jen said.
"You said it." Keshai said.
"Go Dewgong and Jynx!"
"Go hard or go home Arcinine!"
"Game on Sonia!"
"Ice beam and Psychic!" Price said. Ice beam fired at Arcinine, and as he ran out of the way, Arcinine slipped and slid under the attack. Just when he thought he was in the clear, the attack came right back and froze Arcinine's legs.
"So that's what happened to the Psychic. Flamethrower!" Gold said. Arcinine burned away the ice and unleashed a huge Flamethrower on Jynx, but it sent it right back with another Psychic. Sonia jumped infront of it just in time and took the attack for Arcinine.
"Now that you're all powered up, Heat wave!" Crystal said. Sonia sent out a wave of heat that melted the ice as it passed over it.
"Blizzard!" Price said. Jynx made an attempt to freeze the Heat wave in it's tracks, but when they collided, Arcinine slipped through the Heat wave and the Blizzard, and chomped on Dewgong. The fire from his fangs swallowed Dewgong completely, and burned it badly.
"Clever Arcinine you have there, using the heat from Heat wave to warn up his body enough to slip past Blizzard." Price said.
"Yeah, he's smart, but I wish I could get him to leave Venusour alone. Fire fang!" Gold said. Arcinine bit down on Dewgong once more and finished it off.
"Okay Sonia, you can stop stalling now. Finish this!" Crystal said. Heat wave obliterated Blizzard, as well as most of the ice on the field, and fainted Jynx.
"Glacier badge marks number seven for us." Jen said.
"Glacier badge huh? Figures." Gold said.
"Hey Jen, I really need to train more if I want to have a shot at the Silver conference." Keshia said.
"Don't worry Keshai. We'll work on training, count on it." Jen said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:26:50 AM
Charizard

Chapter 17: "How do we get to the final gym?" Gold asked, walking with the others outside Mahogony town.
"We have to go through Ice path." Jen said.
"That should be fun." Keshia said.
"Keshia, you really should focus on catching more pokemon. You only have four." Jen said.
"I know, I will." Keshia said. They came to the mouth of Ice path and an icey cold wind froze them to the bone.
"Dang that's cold!" Keshia said.
"No kidding. Crystal, how are you not cold?" Jen asked.
"Please, I'm from Snowpoint city. The temperature here is the highest Snowpoint has ever reached." Crystal said.
"I'd hate to visit you for long." Gold said.
"Wow, thanks." Crystal said. They entered the cave and were almost immdeiatly attacked by a Sneasel.
"Hey Gold, a michevious pokemon. Yours for the taking." Jen said.
"Haha, very funny...I can't resist, I'm going to catch it!" Gold said.
"Go hard or go home Arcinine!" Arcinine came out and bit down on Sneasel quickly.
"Fast reflexes." Jen said. Sneasel had no hopes of shaking off Arcinine, and therefore used Ice beam, which only inspired Arcinine to amp it up with Fire Whrilpool. Sneasel came out fainted and smoking. Gold threw a pokeball and caught it.
"You got another pokemon to train not to be so tricky." Crystal said.
"L-lets g-g-go already." Gold said.
"Y-yeah, I-I-I'm freezing." Keshia said.
"Cinder, help out p-p-p-please." Jen said. Cinder came out and instantly warned up the cave.
"Aah, much better." Jen said, warming herself on Cinder's tail.
Got to love being a fire type Cinder said. With Jen and Cinder leading the way, they were almost out of the cave when an Ice beam froze the exit shut with a sheet of ice.
"Who did that?" Jen shouted. They looked around, trying to see the attacker, but to no avail. Giving up, Cinder burned the ice sheet and revealed the xit. They were about to leave when the exit was refrozen by another Ice beam.
"Now I'm annoyed." Gold said.
"Sneasel's in his pokeball, right?" Keshai asked.
"Yes." Gold said.
"Cinder, come over here." Crystal said. Cinder walked over and, with the flame from his tail, reflected light off of a glittering shard of ice.
"So what?" Jen asked.
"It moved, I'm certain." Crystal said. The shard moved again, and this time everyone saw it.
"Okay, what is it?" Keshia asked impatiently. She walked over and pulled on it. She dragged an injured Glaceon out, It's face cringing in pain.
"Oh, well this changes things." Keshia said. Thinking quickly, she used a pokeball it the Glaceon and caught it.
"Come on, lets go." Keshai said. Cinder destroyed the wall of ice, and after Jen returned him, they ran for the pokemon center.
"Nurse Joy, please help this poor Glaceon." Keshai said. After hours of waiting, the red light tured off and Nurse Joy came out of the ER room.
"Glaceon will be just fine after some rest." Joy said.
"Thats a relief." Keshia said, sighing.
"That Glaceon was using Ice beam so we wouldn't leave and help her." Jen said.
"Well, I have a new pokemon. And she will be my ticket to winning my final badge!" Keshai said excitedly.
"Hold on Keshai. You caught Glaceon to help her, but when she gets out of that room tomorrow, you have to let her decide if she wants to go with you, or return to the wild." Jen said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:27:20 AM
Charizard

Chapter 18: The next morning, Keshia woke up and tip-toed out of the room, so as not to disturb the others, who decided to sleep in.
"Okay, I can't wait for his next match!" Keshia said to herself quietly in excitement. She got breakfast and sat down at the perfect table view of the tv.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, entering the stadium on the left is the challenger Maya!" The announcer said. A girl of about 19 wearing a long bright yellow ball gown entered the stadium.
"And now, entering from the right, your favorite and mine, grand champion Chris!" Chris entered from the right with his pokemon close behind. He let Gyarados out into the pool area reserved for him, and waited to start the match.
"This will be a six on six match, while only the challenger can substitute pokemon. Begin!" The ref said.
"Shine on Gardeviour!" Maya said. Using a ball capsule with lightning seals on it, Gardeviour came out elegantly onto the desert field.
"I feel the need to tell you that this is a title match, not the grand festival." Chris said, slightly annoyed.
"I'm well aware of the difference. Are you just afraid to fight a coordinator?" Maya said.
"Coordinator? How did you get invited here?" Chris asked confused.

"Hey Keshia. What's going on?" Jen asked.
"Your dad is fighting a coordinator, but the match hasn't started yet. I think he is going to protest this match." Keshia said.

"Has it really come to this?" Chris asked himself.
A coordinator isn't worth our time, what were they thinking?!? Gyarados said.
"Chris, send out your pokemon or face disqualification." The ref said.
"If I must." Chris sighed. Leafeon went up, and the match began.
"Psychic and Shock wave!" Maya said. Gardeviour sent out Shock wave, then controlled it with Psychic, also making it shine brilliantly.
"Again, not the grand festival!" Chris said, really annoyed.
"Again, I know. Now, watch your pokemon get overwelmed by this attack!" Maya said confidently. Leafeon took the attack head on. Maya was about to start her gloating when she saw Leafeon wasn't even breathing hard.
"Now then, finish this quickly Leafeon. I've grown highly annoyed of this match." Chris said.
As have I Leafeon agreed. Razor leaf struck Gardeviour in the chest, and sent it flying into the wall, fainted.
"Why don't we just end this?" Chris said.
"No way! You haven't beaten me yet, just got lucky is all." Maya said.
"You look at Gardeviour, and think luck had anything to do with this?" Chris asked.
"Shine on Golduck!" Maya said. Leafeon took it out with Petal dance on the word go.
"Next?" Chris asked.
"Arrgh! Shine on Jynx!" Maya said.
"A Jynx, huh?" Chris said.
"Yep. An ice type with seriously beat your grass type." Maya said, smiling. That smile was short lived as Jynx was sent flying over her head with Razor leaf.
"Three pokemon down. Five minute break." The ref said.
"How is he beating me so easily?!?" Maya said in frustration. Five minutes later, the field was set as a water field, and Gyarados leapt forward, wanting this foolishness to end.
"Shine on Raichu!" Maya said. Raichu leapt onto the platform gracefully, and put it's tail into the water without Gyarados knowing.
"Now, Use Thuder!" Maya said. Raichu's attack went down it's tail and spread out into the water, making it impossible for Gyarados to dodge, and zapping him.
"Now then, are you ready to give up?" Maya asked smugly. Her smirk faded into a confused frown when Chris started laughing loudly.
"What is so funny?" Maya asked.
"After all the years of training with Gyarados, after all the battles he went through, after all the expirience he gained, do you honestly believe he could possibly be taken out by a weak attack like that?" Chris asked. Gyarados stuck his head out of the water and roared loudly, forcing many to cover their ears. Gyarados fired a Hyper beam and fainted Raichu on the spot.
"Now hurry up and send your next pokemon. The sooner we end this battle, the better." Chris said.
"I...don't have any more pokemon." Maya said quietly.
"Huh? You mean to tell me that you thought you could win with onlyfour pokemon?" Chris asked stupefied.
"Yes." Maya muttered.

"Wow, that is one stupid girl. My dad has been the champion for years, since before she was born, and she thought he would go down that easily?" Jen asked.
"I can't believe people are underestamating the champion like this. First that Isshu guy, now this girl, who's next?" Keshia asked.
"I don't know what is going through people's hea- hey Keshai, did you know that Glaceon is asleep on your lap?" Jen said. Looking down, Keshia saw Glaceon curled up and eyes closed on her lap.
"Did not see her at all. I didn't even feel her." Keshia said.
"Well, I guess we know what the answer is for her joining you." Jen said. An hour later, the group was headed for the Blackthorn(yes I knew it's name, give me a break) gym.
"What is the badge called?" Gold asked.
"It doesn't say. I guess the guide book (i.e. me) doesn't know." Jen said. At the gym entrance, the gazed upon the gym, all thinking the same thing: Gym badge number eight is so close.
"Hey Clair madame Dragonair!" Jen yelled upon entering the gym.
"I haven't been called that in many many years. The last one to call me that was a small boy of about nine or ten." Clair said.
"Let's go. We challenge you for our eigth and final gym badge!" Keshia said.
"Then follow me." Clair said. They followed her to the battle field, and their match began.
"Go Dragonair and Dragonite!"
"It's you and me Glaceon!"
"We fight as one Lapras!"
"You were right. She does have dragon type pokemon." Crystal said.
"Double Dragon pulse!" Clair said.
"Demonic Ice!" Jen said.
"Ice beam!" Keshia said. Demonic ice acted as a baracade, blocking the Dragon pulse from Dragonite, and Ice beam collided with Dragonair's attack. More ice pillars shot up around Dragonite, and before it could react, Dragonite was encased in a sheet of ice, fainted.
"It does more than block you know." Jen said. Glaceon was still trying to push back Dargon Pulse, but wasn't doing so good.
"Ice beam!" Jen said. With Lapras' help, Dragonair was shot witha double ice beam, and froze on the spot.
"Um...is it over already?" Keshia asked.
"Draco Meteor!" Clair said.
"Uh-oh! That is the strongest dragon type move in the book! This is gonna hurt!" Keshia panicked.
"Or it would, if Dragonair wasn't fainted." Jen said.
"What?" Clair exclaimed. Dragonair was indeed revealed fainted inside the block of ice.
"Tag us!" Gold said.
"Your turn." Keshia said.
"Go Dragonair and Dragonair!" Clair said.
"You really are Clair madame Dragoniar, aren't you?" Crystal asked.
"Go hard or go home Sneasel!"
"Game on Lucky!"
"Dragonairs, double Draco Meteor!"
"Use Draco Meteor too Lucky!"
"Blizzard!" Sneasel stopped Clairs' Dragonair from moving, stopping them with Blizzard. In the icy mist of the attack, Lucky's attrack went through, and hit them both hard.
"Darn it, double teamed again! Dragon pulse and Thunder wave!" Clair said.
"Stop them again with Blizzard!" Gold said. Sneasel used his superior speed and fired off Blizzard before they could even think of using their attacks.
"Dragon pulse!" Crystal said. Lucky shot her attack rapid fire through the Blizzard, and hit her marks every time. When the Blizzard subsided, the two Dragonair were fainted.
"We...we did it. We have all eight badges now!" Crystal said excitedly.
"Yep. And we still have four months left before the Silver conference. What do we do until then?" Gold asked. Jen adn Keshia looked at each other, grinning, then looked at Gold and Crystal and said, simultaniously, "We train ofcourse."
Old December 2, 2010, 07:27:51 AM
Charizard

Chapter 19: Four months pasted in what seemed to be a blink of an eye. Here are the results of the training: Pupitar evolved, as did Scyther after finding a metal coat. Keshia brought back Parasect, Chinchou evolved, Serafina forgot Spark and learned Thunderbolt.
"Wow, we have come a long way, huh?" Crystal said.
"Yeah. My team just looks a lot stronger with Tyranitar." Jen said.
"Hey, I have a Scizor, so I'm definatly going to win." Gold said.
"Not a chance. Come on, lets go before they start without us!" Crystal said. They got registered for the competition, and the prliminaries were underway.
"Ice beam!"
"Earthquake!"
"Thunderbolt!"
"Heat wave!"
They all passed the prelims easily, and the matching for the start of the competiton was already on the board.
"Let me see...wait, what?!?" Keshai said.
"What? Were we paired up already?" Jen asked.
"Not you and me, but in my first round, I'm fighting Sinnoh's champ." Keshia said grimly.
"And I have to fight the daughter of the champ in my first fight." Gold said.
"Lovely. Well, let's get one thing out of the way. No matter what happens, (don't get mad at me) we remain freinds, okay?" Jen said.
"Agreed." They said.
"And now, the first match of the competition, Keshia and Crystal!"
"Game on Lucky!" Crystal said.
"It's you and me Glaceon!" Keshia said.
"Lucky, Dragon pulse!" Lucky soared high up and fired a huge Dragon pulse attack down on Glaceon.
"Knock it back with Iron tail!" Keshia said. Glaceon smacked the attack back with tremendous force, and Lucky was nearly hit with her own attack.
"Wing attack!" Crystal said. Lucky soared down on Glaceon, and hit her directly.
"Glaceon, Blizzard!" Keshia said. Lucky managed to avoid it by flying high enough, much to Glaceon's annoyance.
"Now, finish Glaceon with Draco Meteor!" Lucky focused her power into a huge ball of energy, and it exploded into meteors, all hitting Glaceon, fainting her.
"Glaceon return. Why did I have to be paired up with her in my first match? I can't even use all six because this is the first match. Calm down, okay. It's you and me Radar!" Keshia said. Radar leapt out onto the field, ready to fight.
"Lucky, be careful of him. Use Dragon pulse rapid fire!" Crystal said. Before she could attack, Radar jumped high enough to be face to face with Lucky, and hit her with a close range Dark pulse, fainting her.
"I love you Radar!" Keshia yelled triumphantly.
"Lucky return. Game on Sonia!" Sonia was ready to go, as was Radar.
"Heat wave!"
"Dark pulse!" The two attack collided and exploded, causing a smoke cloud.
"Radar!"
"Sonia!" The smoke passed, and the two pokemon were both fainted.
"Last hope. It's you and me Flareon!" Keshia said.
"If you're going all out, so will I. Game on Serafina!" Crystal said.
"Flamethrower!"
"Thunderbolt!" The two attacks passed right by each other, and hit their targets dead center. After a minute to recover, they got back up, though Flareon tripped a little.
"Flamethrower!"
"Thunderbolt!" Again the attacks went right by the other, but this time Serafina dodged at the last second, while Flareon was too slow to avoid it.
"Flareon, please get up!" Keshia said. Flareon tried to stand, but fll down on the ground.
"I lost, but thanks Flareon. You were great." Keshai said, returning Flareon.
"Sorry you lost Keshia, but you fought great. Guess it's our turn next, huh Gold?" Jen said.

Sorry to do this, but, wait till chapter 20
Old December 2, 2010, 07:28:21 AM
Charizard

Chapter 20: Jen andGold's match was scheduled to be the last of round one, and wasn't until the end of day two that they finally met on the field.
"Go hard or go home Scizor!"
"Cinder already?" Gold asked.
"You asked for him." Jen replied.
"Steel wing!" Gold said. Scizor's wings lit up, and dashed at Cinder, clipping his left wing, then his right before Cinder could even move.
"My Scizor's speed is un-matched, even by Cinder. Flash Cannon!" Gold said.
"I'm not done yet. Flamethrower!" Jen said. Flamethrower easily overpowered Flash cannon and burned Scizor's side, having attempted to dodge too late.
"Now Dragon Rage!" Jen said.
"Use X-Scissor quick!" Gold said. Cinder's attack was fired at the same time Scizor had X-Sciisor ready, and hit him hard.
"Scizor!" Gold yelled. Scizor didn't get back up, and Cinder was awarded the win.
"Go hard or go home Kingler!" Gold said.
"Cinder, come back. We fight as one Luxio!" Jen said. Luxio avoided the onslaught of Crab hammers with apparent ease, until Kingler mixed it up with pretending to use another, and half way hit Luxio with Bubblebeam.
Cheap shot Luxio said. She then decided to retaliate with Thunderbolt, desroying the Bubblebeam, and zapping Kingler to Kingdom come.
"Kinger Guillutine!" Gold said. Kingler tried again and again to catch Luxio in his claws, but was too weakened to move quickly enough.
"Thunder fang!" Jen said. Luxio turned around and bit on Kingler's claw, paralyzing him on the spot.
"Now Thunderbolt!" Jen said. Still gripping Kingler, Luxio zapped him enough to knock him out.
"This is not easy, but I've always only carred about the thrill of battle, and what a thrill this is!" Gold said.
"Glad you're having fun. Luxio, return. We fight as one Venusour!" Jen said.
"Go hard or go home Arcinine!" Gold said.
So I get to hurt Arcinine and not get punished this time? Venusour asked.
Don't go overboard, okay? Jen asked.
"Fire fang!" Gold said. As usual, Arcinine bit down on Venusour, and he wasn't happy about it. Vines shot up from the ground and whipped Arcinine, trying to get him off Venusour, but the more he got whipped, the tighter he bit down, until the fire from his fangs grew large enough to envelop Venusour entirely.
"Dang, forgot about Fire Whirlpool!" Jen said. The fire faded to reveal Venusour in bad shape, but still whipping Arcinine, though not as hard as before.
"Flamethrower!" Gold said. The vines managed to shield Venusour from the attack, but Arcinine was howling with frustration.
"You want to go right through those vines, don't you? Well then, do it with Flame wheel!" Gold said. As Arcinine was charging at his vines, a faint smile appeared on Venusour's face. When Arcinine made contact with the vines, they exploded violently and sent both pokemon flying and fainted.
"Gold, you should have paid attention to Venusour's element move." Jen said.
"Well how was I suppossed to know they would explode?" Gold asked.
"Well, that's true. You fought a great battle Gold, and you should be proud." Jen said. That night, Jen was up with Venusour, being treated for his burns.
You were amazing Venusour. Thank you Jen said. Venusour merely grinned, then fell asleep. Taking his lead, Jen went back to her room and slept. During the next few days, Crystal and Jen were racking up the wins, beating their opponents with apparent ease, until the final match was scheduled for the next day.
"Wow. I didn't think it would come to this." Crystal said.
"Yeah, I know. You and me in the finals, what a match this is going to be." Jen said.
"Sinnoh's champion versus the grand champion's daughter. This is not going to be easy." Crystal said.
The next day, the final match was about to begin.
"Entering from the left, Sinnoh's champion Crystal!" The announcer raored. Crystal came in waving at the appluase, and took her place on the field.
"And now, entering from the right, Johto's shooting star, Jen!"
"Johto's shooting star huh? I like it." Jen said. She entered and also waved at the audience, and was ready to fight, Keshia, Umbreon and Jolteon in her cheering corner, while Gold was cheering for Crystal.
"This is the final match, both trainers using six pokemon. When three of one's pokemon are unable to battle, a break with occur and the field shall be switched. Begin!"
"Game on Shadow!" Crystal said.
"We fight as one Tyranitar!" Jen said.
"Shadow, Iron tail!" Crystal said. Shadow dashed at Tyranitar, tail lit up, and swung his tail to get it caught in Tyranitar's Quicksand Cloak.
"Dang it not fair! Free yourself with Shadow ball!" Crystal said. Shadow shot the cloak many time before it finally gave way, and Shadow resumed his Iron tail, scoring a direct hit on her head.
"Earthquake!" Jen said. After shaking her head quickly, Tyranitar shook the ground hard, knocking Shadow off balance.
"Now use Earth power!" Jen said. Tyranitar struck a hard blow on Shadow, but not enough to knock him out.
"Dang Shadow is stubborn. Iron Head!" Jen said. Tyranitar charged Shadow head first, but was sent sideways when Shadow deflected Iron head with Iron tail. Tyranitar didn't stop in time to avoid running into the wall, and fell down on her back, fainted.
"Close one. Nice reflexes Shadow." Crystal sighed heavely.
"Good job Tyranitar, return. We fight as one Heracross!" Jen said.
"Wait, what? When did you get a white Heracross?" Crystal asked confused.
"He was training with my dad while I was in Johto, and I asked him to join me here for this match." Jen answered.
"Doesn't matter though, Shadow will beat you. Shadow ball!" Crystal said. Shadow fired off a Shadow ball, and in the blink of an eye, Heracross sent it right back at him. Weakened by the fight with Tyranitar, Shadow was knocked out by his own attack.
"Shadow return. This one is speedy, but what can I do? I know. Game on Sonia!" Crystal said. Sonia stared down Heracross, then started things off with Flamethrower. Heracross managed to avoid it, but Sonia expected that and was face to face with Heracross.
"Bad move Sonia. You think you have the advantage, and you do as a fire type, but you just lost that advantage when you decided to get close enough for Heracross' element move." Jen said.
"What? Heracross has an element move too? Well, what is it?" Crystal asked.
"Don't blink." Jen said. Puzzled, Crystal looked at Heracross and Sonia, now face to face, and before she knew it, Heracross slashed Sonia, and she collapsed, but got back up soon after. Crystal saw at least 20 bruises on her side, but no claw marks.
"Hey, what is this? Heracross slashed Sonia, but she isn't scratched at all, just bruised." Crystal said.
"Combat claw. Heracross punches his target while it appears he is slashing, scoring many more hits." Jen said.
"Clever. Heat wave max power!" Crystal said. Sonia gathered up her remaining power, and filled the stadium with heat, and hit Heracross from every side, scorching his body all over.
"Heracross, Combat claw!" Jen said. Still being burned, Heracross made his way to Sonia, and unleashed a flurry of hits, knocking her out.
"You did your job perfectly, rest up. Game on Lucky!" Crystal said.
"Heracross return. We fight as one Pidgeot!" Jen said.
"Darn, I was hoping to finish off Heracross, but I guess that will come later. Dragon Pulse!" Crystal said. Lucky was charging up the attack when Pidgeot slashed her with Wing attack, hitting her in the stomach.
"Okay, that I didn't even see!" Crystal said.
"Fast isn't he? Use Aerial Ace!" Jen said. Pidgeot bolted for Lucky, just to run right into Dragon Pulse.
"She didn't stop charging Jen, didn't you see?" Crystal said.
"Aerial ace again!" Jen said. Pidgeot tried once more and soared right at Lucky, this time hitting her dead center.
"That one hurt. Draco Meteor!" Crystal said. Lucky powered up and fired the attack into the air, but Pidgeot wasn't content in just waiting for it to happen. He hit Lucky as hard as he could with Brave bird, and fainted her. However, the combined damage from the recoil and Draco Meteor was enough to finish Pidgeot off as well.
"Three pokemon down, five minute break." The ref said.
"She is the toughest opponent I have ever fought that I have a chance of beating." Jen said.
"She is not going to beat me, but she is coming close." Crystal said. The five minutes were up and the field was changed from a desert field to a grassland field.
"We fight as one Heracross!"
"Game on Furry!"
"Heracross, Combat claw!"
"Furry, Fury swipes!" Heracross and Furry were moving their arms (or paws) so fast they were blurs, each taking hit after hit, neither one giving up. After a full minute of this, they broke apart, panting heavely. Heracross was covered in scratch marks, while Furry was covered in bruises.
"Combat claw again!"
"Fury swipes!" They were a blur of movement once more, but after 30 seconds, Heracross fell backwards, fainted.
"Return Heracross. We fight as one Luxio!" Jen said. Luxio faced off against an injured Furret, but Furry still moved as fast as ever, trying to land her Fury swipes. Luxio was very agile, however, and dodged each of them, finally ending it with Charge beam.
"Furry return. Game on Leader!" Crystal said.
"A water type?" Jen asked.
"Hydro pump!" Crystal said. Leader sent out a huge stream of water, hitting Luxio really hard.
"Thunderbolt!" Jen said. Luxio got up and retaliated with a mighty Thunderbolt, dealing as much damage she got, with interest.
"Hydro pump again!" Crystal said. Leader, still getting zapped, sent out his attack before falling face forward. Luxio was hit and taken out by the sheer brute force of the attack.
"Return Luxio. We fight as one Lapras!" Jen said.
"Game on Serafina!" Crystal said. Lapras was having trouble moving around, and was easy pray for Serafina.
"Thunderbolt!" Crystal said. Serafina showed no mercy in zapping Lapras with tremendous power. Just before she fainted, Lapras managed to freeze Serafina in place with a quick Ice beam.
"So, it has come to this. We fight as one Cinder!" Jen said. Cinder stared at his opponent and grinned, seeing she was pinned down and unable to dodge his attacks. Flamethrower followed Dragon rage as Cinder unleashed an onslaught of merciless attacks, each with more force than the last. He was about to finish her off when he saw that after his last attack, Serafina had put up her Flash Armor, and hadn't taken as much damage as he would have liked.
"How to get past Flash Armor, hmm. Meteor Wing max power!" Jen said. Cinder's wings erupted into such a towering inferno, the flames could be seen from miles away. When he launched his attack, giant fire balls the size of Cinder himself came in the dozens, all hurtling at Serafina. When she was hit by the first one, her Flash Armor broke, and she was left to take the rest of them unprotected. The effort had left Cinder exhausted, while Serafina was injured greatly, and they both collapsed. For several seconds, neither moved, and the audience was silent.
"This is a first. According to the rules, in the event of a tie, the first pokemon to stand up is declared the winner." The announcer said.
"Serafina you can still win this. Get up!" Crystal encouraged.
"Come on Cinder please get up!" Jen yelled. Cinder and Serafina twitched, then struggled to get up, both slipping, and both straining to get up, until they were both on their feet, both shining with determination. Serafina was sparking with electricity, ready to use Thunderbolt, when her eyes went blank and she fell face forward, fainted.
Thank goodness, I am ready to join her Cinder said.
"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!"