Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 17, 2013, 07:08:49 AM
Administrator

Default Nintendo Direct 4/17

New Nintendo Direct (AKA "NINTENDO STOP TAKING ALL MY MONEY") time!

New clips, new announcements, and even the impossible!

Highlights:
*The new Mario and Luigi game Dream Team got some new info. The game takes place in Pillo Land (heh, get it? It's like pillow only not) and features Princess Peach being kidnapped (big surprise eh?). You travel between the real world and Luigi's dream world and have the brothers working together to solve puzzles.
*Mario Golf World Tour will feature online play.
*Japan will be getting a special Luigi 3DS XL (LL).
*Mario Party is coming to the 3DS. This one goes back to the classic control one player at a time that MP 9 took a detour from. New boards include one with giant Bullet Bills soaring through the map and another where you fly spaceships on a board that looks like Rainbow Road from Mario Kart. It will also include some AR cards for "real world" mini-games.
*The New Super Luigi U DLC for New Super Mario Brothers Wii U will change all 82 levels of the original game and give Luigi a improve flutter jump thing. Also all courses only have 100 seconds on the timer so a increase in difficulty as well.
*Donkey Kong Country 3D had some gameplay footage shown off. I still have yet to play the Wii version so I don't know what's new or not.
*NEW YOSHI'S STORY! This one looks and seems to play very similar to the original game on the Super Nintendo. I like the GIANT EGG that clears out everything (like the Mega Mushroom from NSMB).
*Mario and Donkey Kong: Mini's on the Move. This one will have you guiding two characters at once so should be interesting.
*A major Wii U system update will be hitting North America next week. This includes holding B to boot directly into Wii mode, quicker loading, auto-updates, and ability to download when the system is in standby. Speaking of downloads, Wii U Virtual Console will be released as well with GBA and N64 games coming soon.
*Some SNES game coming to the Wii U Virtual Console in North America and Europe by the end of the year. It's called Earthbound or something......WAIT WHAT!? THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED FRIENDS!
*Animal Crossing will have a special 3DS XL in North America.
*Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons will be on 3DS VC on May 30th.
*The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past sequel will be heading to 3DS. There should be a 3D trailer available on eShop and will be released during the end of the year.

Official video stream
GoNintendo stream summary and clips
Nintendo Press Release
Old April 17, 2013, 11:19:56 AM
Charizard

This is pure glory.
It's just amazing. I'm crying tears of joy.
I don't care if I go broke- if Nintendo is taking it because of this amazing stuff, I'm okay with that.
Old April 17, 2013, 11:43:25 AM
Haxorus

All I can say is...

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRTHBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Also, STILL NO RELEASE DATE FOR PIKMIN?! Madness. Only other things that stood out above the rest were the new Yoshi and Zelda 3DS games. My wallet is definitely going to be having some use this year.)
Edit: Apparently it's August 4th, don't know how that came about because it wasn't in the ND.

Last edited by Eagles; April 18, 2013 at 04:23:18 PM.
Old April 17, 2013, 11:57:30 AM
Kyurem

Nice!! Im getting those zelda games from the GB color as my real life games of those dont work anymore. And link to past i was playing that on a site and they did an update to there games severs and so i lost my save data on it.
Old April 17, 2013, 12:18:49 PM
Giratina

Dream Team is already mine, I know that to be true. It's a Mario and Luigi RPG, nothing can go wrong after being such a successful trilogy! As long as the princess isn't captured by Bowser then I'm sure the story will be fantasticals~

So that is the famed Zelda 3DS title? And it's a Link to the Past sequel? I don't care how many holes in the timeline this rips open, THIS IS A MUST BUY.

Yeah, a handheld Mario Party! The best kind to me! I hope this one has more charms from Mario Party 6 or 5 instead of getting TOO crazy and innovative. That candy thing still angers me...

Earthbound getting localized again surprisingly does not surprise me. I could feel it. Well, I guess I'm getting a Wii U for my birthday. It's still no Mother 3D Collection...
Old April 17, 2013, 01:59:49 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
*Some SNES game coming to the Wii U Virtual Console in North America and Europe by the end of the year. It's called Earthbound or something......WAIT WHAT!? THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED FRIENDS!
*Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons will be on 3DS VC on May 30th.
*The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past sequel will be heading to 3DS. There should be a 3D trailer available on eShop and will be released during the end of the year.
I cannot express my emotions with words.
So I'll let a .gif do it for me:
Old April 17, 2013, 02:40:40 PM

I'M GETTING A WII U JUST TO PLAY EARTHBOUND!

...but seriously, the news of Earthbound finally getting onto Virtual Console made my day. :'D
Old April 17, 2013, 02:53:24 PM
Kyurem

Now they just need SNES games for tye 3ds's VC.
Old April 17, 2013, 04:43:23 PM
Haxorus

Oh golly gee, now I can play Earthbound without the fear of it crumbling to dust in my SNES. I saw the Zelda announcement at a game store today and all I can say is YOU CAN GO ON THE WALLS. LIKE PAPER MARIO. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY (not sarcasm)
Old April 18, 2013, 04:01:57 PM
Giratina

"Why don't people just emulate games like Earthbound?"

"So that they don't feel bad for getting it free."

"So? In that case why not just buy a SNES and a cart?"

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah. Let me just go and find a PAL Earthbound cart off Ebay, I'm sure it's not much."

You can get a Wii U for the price of Earthbound and a SNES, that's ridiculous. Glad to see I'll finally get a chance to play it!
Old April 19, 2013, 01:23:12 PM
Regigigas

I'm still confused on how everyone is declaring this as a direct sequel to A Link To the Past. He said it was set in the same world/universe/whatever, but I don't see how this translates to a sequel, much less one with a 2 in front of it. Then again, I suppose anything could happen.

I'm skeptical about it just because I think it looks strange in general, but the same was said about Windwaker and people turned out to love that game just as well, so I suppose I'll give it chance. Maybe they'll push out a demo sometime.