Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 16, 2010, 01:03:41 AM
Zoroark

Default 900th Pokemon: Garsoliken

I posted this because I wanted to know: do you think we'll ever reach an actual end to Pokemon? The show? New generations? New regions? New friends and enemies?

If any of you have watched the parody videos on Youtube or read a Penny Arcade Comic or two, you might have seen how Pokemon is made fun of for how many Pokemon have come out. I mean, Digimon has absolutely nothing compared to Pokemon, and that was the only real competition way back when.

There will always be a kid audience for Pokemon, but it really does come down to this for Nintendo and Game Freak: do we make the 7th generation of Pokemon or just make games based off of the old generations? Do we simply stop Pokemon and allow for a new series of "creature" games to commence?

What do you think? Do you think we'll reach the 900th Pokemon?

Other challenge: can you figure out which Pokemons' names I used to make the Pokemon in the title? The hint is that each part of the name comes from different Pokemon. And the scary thing is that it might actually become a Pokemon name.
Old February 16, 2010, 05:52:59 AM
Floatzel

Garchomp Absol Blaziken for the name
ANd I think they will eventually put an end to the Pokemon franchise.
Old February 16, 2010, 07:11:09 AM
Regigigas

Garchomp, Solrock, Blaziken.
I'm pretty sure that there will be an end, but only when the general public becomes less and less interested in Pokémon.
Old February 16, 2010, 07:41:49 AM
Giratina

I believe it's almost certain there will be an end to the Pokémon franchise because it can't possibly continue on forever; it would become ridiculous, boring and redundant.

Now, as to when it would stop, I have no clue. I'd imagine the 5th generation might hold some clues for that, though that's unlikely. However, since a new console is being made, I guess there will still probably be Pokémon games on it. As to what kind of Pokémon games, there are 3 main choices that I can think of:

1) Regular continuation of the Pokémon generations (Generation 10, anyone?).
2) A new series of Pokémon games that are totally unrelated to the previous generations - an extremely major twist to them so that they don't look related to the previous ones at all? Like radically different mechanics, Pokémon, etc. (Don't ask me about this: I'm not even sure how that can happen, but I can still assume something similar might take place)
3) A brand new series of games that will become the dominant franchise instead?

I'm really not sure as to what might be the future of Pokémon, so I'll hold my exact opinion until more hints can be found out later on.

Last edited by Shadow; February 16, 2010 at 07:45:53 AM.
Old February 16, 2010, 04:20:04 PM
Shaymin

It won't stop until GameFreak/Nintendo/The Pokemon Company/CREATURES/et. al. somehow die. Ever. At all.

Then again, there is the possibility that people will have too much of a good thing and begin to dislike or disregard it, to the point where people will stop playing it entirely. Everything comes to an end, that's life and it's inevitable. But, personally, for the next, ooohhhh.... maybe 10-15 years, I don't see Pokemon dying out.
Old February 16, 2010, 05:06:00 PM
Rayquaza

Ya I think there's no way it'l ever stop.
Old February 16, 2010, 06:50:07 PM
Volcarona

I honestly think they will take it to 1,000
After 1,000, I believe they will not stop the mainstream adventure games with the same old storyline, but there won't be any new pokemon to them, just different combinations of all the older ones.

That's just my theory though.
Old February 16, 2010, 07:00:38 PM
Floatzel

Maybe, it might end when Satoshi Tajiri dies. He's approx. 55 now.
Old February 17, 2010, 08:14:51 PM
Volcarona

The series will not end until it stops making money, but until then, nintendo will find any way at all to keep it going, e.g. Pokemon rumble, Pokemon ranger, pokemon snap, pbr...
Old February 18, 2010, 04:55:06 AM
Rayquaza

Honestly, I will get tired from following Pokemon after sometime. However, as long as I am interested in Pokemon, I will still hope to have more.

Last edited by Sphinx; February 18, 2010 at 05:22:30 AM.
Old February 18, 2010, 10:56:19 AM
Kyurem

Like many of Nintendo's series, I think that Pokemon games will continue to be made, but more often REmade. Nintendo always makes big money when it remakes a game, take New Super Mario Bros DS for example. And it's remake, New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I can imagine another Pokemon Colloseum-esque game, but with only Generation 1 Pokemon, or various combinations. As to when Pokemon will die, I don't think it will be for a very long time.
Old February 18, 2010, 07:40:18 PM
Volcarona

After Gen 5 we all know there will be a new style of Pokemon. So I'm guessing Gen 5 will get us to maybe 6?? Pokemon
Old February 19, 2010, 09:35:19 PM
Servine

well i guess it might end when they make a game that lets you travel to all of the regions and islands to catch EVERY pokemon. When i say all regions i mean sinnoh, kanto, johto hoenn,the orange islands (i think thats what they were called), and upcoming regions.
Old February 20, 2010, 07:51:28 PM
Regigigas

Conceivably, the series will eventually run out of steam, even in Japan. That being said, even a series like the Mario series has been running well for decades. I don't foresee a generation in which they make no new Pokémon, though, nor a time when they outright stop making any more.
Old February 22, 2010, 08:22:35 AM
Administrator

There is only reason I can think of as to why Pokémon games would stop being made: inadequate funding. And we all know that the second largest game franchise of all time, barely behind Mario, has almost no chance of running out of money unless the stock market crashes. Even then, another company would easily snap up at the offer and revive the series. Even if Game Freak wanted to, killing Pokémon would be almost impossible unless they sold rights every direction until the whole franchise met a stalemate of ownership.
Old March 2, 2010, 08:45:04 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
There is only reason I can think of as to why Pokémon games would stop being made: inadequate funding. And we all know that the second largest game franchise of all time, barely behind Mario, has almost no chance of running out of money unless the stock market crashes. Even then, another company would easily snap up at the offer and revive the series. Even if Game Freak wanted to, killing Pokémon would be almost impossible unless they sold rights every direction until the whole franchise met a stalemate of ownership.
Well said.
Old March 5, 2010, 05:38:29 PM
Zoroark

Nah, Pokemon will keep going until the makers die.. Then new owners will take over. It might go bad, but it'll still keep goin'
Old March 25, 2010, 07:10:06 PM
Cyndaquil

Location: your house and no I'm NOT STALKING YOU... (okay maybe I am :D)

just saying another reason is whether kids like it or not. Don't get me wrong, I love pokemon, but kids might not want to play a game with a billion pokemon with them. Nintendo can do remakes, but that won't really continue the series. I think that Nintendo and Gamefreak will find a way though

uhh blaziken absol and garchomp.
I thinkthat pokemon will go until about the reach something like 1,000 at most. That's a lot harder to remember than 150. I'm not sure what will happen but nintendo better take advantage of pokemon. Other than Mario which won't go out unless nintendo does, then Pokemon is the only real popular game series from nintendo.

uhh blaziken absol and garchomp.
I thinkthat pokemon will go until about the reach something like 1,000 at most. That's a lot harder to remember than 150. I'm not sure what will happen but nintendo better take advantage of pokemon. Other than Mario which won't go out unless nintendo does, then Pokemon is the only real popular game series from nintendo.

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; April 7, 2010 at 08:49:57 AM. Reason: How did I let this slip past me? (thatswhatshesaid)
Old April 4, 2010, 12:13:45 PM
Haxorus

Once we all die (We as in the people who were there for Gen I), Nintendo and Game Freak will re-release the original games as "Band New!" because no one will remember what the original were. Or maybe they will re-name all the games (Heck, maybe even all the Pokemon) and re-release them.
Old April 4, 2010, 04:17:22 PM
Charizard

there better not be an end to pokemon. if there would be a ton of people would send the pokemon company letters begging for more pokemon
Old April 6, 2010, 05:28:01 AM
Linoone

I think that it will inevitably die out one day, but I don't see that day in the near future. They might just take the same pokemon and spin it in a whole new direction of rpg.

Maybe that belief is from my fanfiction addiction (good ones DO exist) but, I swear; if Gamefreak/The Pokemon Company/Whoever the **** makes Pokemon comes across some of the ideas in these message boards or fanfictions and whatnot, they can totally revamp the series.
Old May 24, 2010, 04:16:49 PM
Giratina

Well, I don't think Pokemon will die.
Even if the main-stream games fade away, Nintendo and Gamefreak will probably be making spin-offs always.
Old June 24, 2010, 02:15:09 AM
Regigigas

Think of it like this look at Final Fantasy its going on its 14th main game not including remakes and such and people can't get enough of it. Pokemon will be around a long time but will eventually end, i wouldn't be surprised if my kids got to play the 14 generation and so fourth.