Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 14, 2010, 10:05:33 PM
Volcarona

Default More options for Super Mario All Stars?

With the release of Super Mario All Stars (an SNES port) we basically get all three Mario games and a music sound track. Without sounding like a ranter, Mario games are great and it's good to see Nintendo is celebrating Mario with his 25th anniversary. Now, look at the price of the Mario games on VC. They cost $21.00, while you get this for $30.00 for the Wii version of this plus a soundtrack? Although, to be honest. This is a reasonably amount. But, imagine if they can do more? My thoughts on more things they could do: 1.Ramp up the graphics to those of NSMBW. 2. A Super Mario World addition would've been good as well. 3. A level desinger would be a welcome to the series, the Mario series really needs a level designer so you can test them out. (like how Brawl was) 4. And also, a "History of Mario" DVD would be awesome to see what the designers thought of Mario and how it got to this point. Suggestions aside, I'll still buy this. But, if this port a little bit more to it, I'm sure it would give a bunch of people a reason to re-buy this port. Please tell your thoughts on if they should ever do the port in a different way and/or thoughts.
Old November 15, 2010, 02:42:47 AM
Regigigas

Maybe this is because i'm not a die-hard Mario fan, but honestly i'm fine with just dusting off my old All stars cartridge and playing it on my Super Nintendo! I will say this though, they should've just included SMW with the package......unless they're planning something with this?? It could happen, a NSMW????
Old November 15, 2010, 06:09:33 AM
Kyurem

I gotta agree with MWM here. I don't see the point of buying a much more expensive Wii version if you already have an SNES. Heck, my version of All-Stars cost $5. Although I guess it's aimed at the more general audience who don't have an SNES. Then again, if someone liked All-Stars, they would most likely like older Mario games and have an SNES already. Nintendo failed this time, I guess.
Old November 17, 2010, 10:50:49 AM
Volcarona

I think there should be a level editor in there. Games are always better with level editors.