Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 20, 2011, 05:58:38 PM
Landorus

Talking Dewotts Glitchy Thread

This thread is for video game glitches. Any system, any game. Just put down the game and the glitch and make sure you do it twice to confirm it. A picture would make it even better. So I'll start for an example

On crackdown 2, there is a building that has checkered tile. Go to the corner and you are under the map!~

Last edited by Quadcentruo; August 23, 2012 at 04:41:19 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling and grammar.
Old July 20, 2011, 06:09:00 PM
Giratina

Well, many know this one. Cubefield PC, Just go right and your invincible
Old July 31, 2011, 02:37:16 PM
Linoone

Most GTA games get pretty glitchy when you start messing with the flying car cheat, I remember in San Andreas I had gotten my car to fall through the map, which then caused it to spawn under the lake in the middle of the city for some reason.
Old July 31, 2011, 02:53:24 PM
Zoroark

Not really a Glitch,but very usefull:

In Black Ops,have Tactical Insertion as Equipment and Ghost Pro(You need the pro version)on.

Lay down and take your Tactical Insertion out,but don't use it.Don't make move.Now enjoy looking at your Enemy's how they run without seeing you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dewott8 View Post
A piture would make it even better.
How about a Video?

Old July 31, 2011, 03:36:49 PM
Shaymin

Watch a non-TAS speedrun of Super Metroid. Some of the stuff they do in there is basically exploiting every tactic and glitch in order to essentially play the game backwards at some points. Even TAS runs abuse some glitches as well.

Not Super Metroid, but here's a good run of the original game that abuses some glitches (using NES Atlas):

Old July 31, 2011, 03:53:40 PM
Giratina

I'd copy and paste the list of glitches in Fallout 3, NV, and Oblivion... but that would be cheating.. and break the post character limit.

Instead I'll post this:

Hard Truck 2's physics system was tied to the CPU speed. This wasn't too bad back when we were all running 100MHz pentiums, but on a 3.4GHz processor... well, let's just say you'll lose the race before it even starts. The only solution is to severely underclock your CPU or maybe get a fanmade patch.
Old July 31, 2011, 04:00:49 PM
Giratina

Imma just post this here:

Yes, it's a TAS, but it exploits SO many glitches, it's insane.
Old July 31, 2011, 04:10:05 PM
Linoone

Welp, so long as TAS runs are okay there's always this:

But yeah, being a TAS they corrupted the save file
Old July 31, 2011, 05:06:17 PM
Haxorus

I love me some glitches. I'll dump the Sonic 06 glitches right here if you don't mind.

-Speed glitch
On Multiplayer mode, if you die using the Red Gem(Sonic), when you respawn your speed will increase as so as your gravity.

-Water Skipping glitch
As Silver, if you press X(Square) while falling into the water, you'll be able to bounce across the water

-Door Jumping glitch
Using the Sky Blue Gem(Sonic), throw it at the corner of a door and you'll be able to squeeze throw by flying at it.

-Silver's Boss Attack glitch
By pressing the RT twice, instead of Silver putting out his hands to use psychokinesis like he normally do, he floats while raising both hands, like he does when you fight him as Boss.

-Silver's Boss Attack 2 glitch
On Multiplayer mode, pause then hold the RT while in front of the 2nd player. Resume then launch the player, the player will take damage when launched into a solid item, like on the Boss.

-Flying on a Ball glitch
In Crisis City, use your psychokinesis while landing on a ball at the right time to float on it. Use the Control Stick to control your flight.

-Dismounting Vehicle glitch
By pressing certain buttons in the loading screen before the stage starts, Shadow will appear out of his vehicle instead of automatically in it, giving him the freedom to skate.

-Script Failing glitch
At rare times, the script set to springs, speed panels, ramps, wall jumps, ring dashes, and loops tend to fail, sending you to the wrong area or to your death.

-Homing Script glitch
At rare times, Sonic or Shadow may miss there target and get launched somewhere else at the same speed as their homing attack.

-Water Skipping 2 glitch
On Multiplayer mode, if Silver as another player launches you to a body of water, you will bounce across until impacting into something solid or landing on another piece of land.

More glitches and videos later!

Last edited by UltimaRaichu; July 31, 2011 at 05:08:03 PM.
Old August 23, 2012, 01:29:17 PM
Shaymin

Man this one is dusty... Lets unearth this shall we?

There's a glitch in Half Life 2 where you can hold a can up, and if you hold it blocking your view of an enemy, they will not attack you. The glitch pertains to the AI needing to know where you are. Apparently even so much as blocking this little part blocks their view of you.
Old August 23, 2012, 04:48:00 PM
Giratina

*takes shovel and helps Fubab dig up thread*

In Sonic Adventure Battle 2 (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle?) for the GameCube, if you go into the normal Chao Garden as either Sonic or Shadow and use your homing attack around 10-15 times in a corner of an invisible wall next to a giant plateau with plants growing in the corner (behind the middle plant in this picture is where you need to stand), you'll fly outside the map and make and you can see the Chao Garden from outside the invisible walls. This glitch does send the Chao creatures underground as if they were swimming (marked by a shadow) unless they are already in the pond.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; August 23, 2012 at 04:48:33 PM.
Old August 23, 2012, 05:26:41 PM
Haxorus

In Megaman II, in Metalman's stage, there's a part where there's pink enemies riding on gears. On one of them, if you begin the attack animation, the pink man will disappear, and his gear will go across the top of the screen for the rest of the stage. It can still cause damage to you.
Old August 29, 2012, 03:58:38 PM
Giratina

For Sonic Generations, if you go to City Escape Modern and drift off the trick ramps, you can drift in midair. Example
Also one I found but don't know if anyone did, in Speed Highway Classic if you speed run fast enough near 0:22 in this video then you'll beat the stage, meaning that you'll get there before the graphics load.
Old August 29, 2012, 05:00:53 PM
Charizard

My copy of Sonic 2 on the Genesis may send me through walls and not kill me, forcing me to wait for 10 minutes to die OR reset.

Even worse, sometimes when I fight the Death Egg Robot I'll fly through his body for the brief second he's invincible, and I'll die when he becomes "solid" again.
Old August 29, 2012, 05:14:36 PM
Giratina

The infamous "Die Wily!" glitch of Megaman 4. That I have not tested and not sure it works. But I saw a video, so who cares.
Basically, right as you defeat the Wily Machine, use the Toad Rain to make the acid rain stuff fall, and it destroys Wily, killing him and trapping you.
Old August 29, 2012, 08:12:27 PM
Administrator

I've got a few good ones here:
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/glitches.htm

Mmm, this will make some nice content for VGVids.
Old August 30, 2012, 12:09:58 AM
Floatzel

in dead rising 2 there is a glitch where you fall through the world and see a weapon called "blue padded chair", a weapon that cannot be obtained in normal gameplay. It actually kills a zombie in one hit as well, because chairs are awesome!
Old August 30, 2012, 03:33:39 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Mmm, this will make some nice content for VGVids.
I've got the VG, but good luck getting a Vid out of me.

Here you go, the most popular glitch of Earthbound- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2o-ZnUnd70 But I can't explain it. Never replicated it, I don't do stat things. But it's dangerous, roll over 255 and your stats go back to 0.
So, here's a less popular Earthbound glitch that I can explain; the Sound Stone Storage glitch. In the beginning of the game, when the Crows show up, repeatedly beat them until you have an inventory full of cookies. Then when Buzz Buzz gives you the Sound Stone, you can't carry it and it's given to your sister. If you talk to her, she'll give it back immediately, though. But you can go crazy with that and force it on another player. Like... Paula! "Paula touched the Sound Stone to his forehead and gathered his thoughts."
Old October 12, 2012, 04:32:32 PM
Shaymin

I had a glitch in Age of Empires III where I would have Strelets (Very weak Russian Infantry) coming out 3x than the norm of 10 at a time. I'd have 30 coming out at once, For every 30, 20 aren't counted towards population totals. In the end after finally hitting the population cap of 200, I had 270 Strelets alone. plus my various amount of Settlers and other units.
Old February 11, 2013, 06:21:19 PM
Keldeo

Oh boy where to start my favorite selection of glitches comes from Fallout 3.

Start off killed a gaint Scorpion, watched as he fell through the ground like he was falling off a edge and dissappear about 5 minutes later the guy fell from the sky and startled me.

In the DLC where you go to Alaska, save often, if to much goes on on screen the game glitches out and you will have to reload you last save, had this happen to me nemerous times before I started to save ever 5 minutes.

Continuing the Fallout Theme, Fallout New Vegas where the Scorpions like to half sink or get stuck with only a little but of them poking out above the ground this one is a pain as they are hard to kill but funny when they get stuck and you watch them try to escape in vain.
Old February 11, 2013, 07:27:25 PM
Giratina

You forgot to mention the glitch where Deathclaws would randomly shoot straight up into the air without warning, fall down, and take no damage from falling.
I remember the first time that happened to me - a Deathclaw shot up, waited for it to come down, nothing. Five minutes later, I saw the same Deathclaw stuck in a rock.
Old February 13, 2013, 10:53:31 AM
Celebi

There are 2 glitches In Tales of Symphonia that i know of
1. The Eternal Sword Glitch: Basically after Lloyd gets his mystic arte have him get to the requirements of using it, and then activate it. Lloyd has no Invincibilty Frames during the start up and before the arte ends, if he gets it before the Eternal sword disappears and if he gets hit he'll die with the eternal sword still in his hand and can be brought back to life, And since Lloyd wields two swords his other hand will be empty and all of the animations for those attacks will still show him trying to use 2 swords and most of the hits will miss because of this
2. The Spell Lock Glitch: attempting to use the Aformentioned E.S Glitch when Lloyd dies and your 3 other party members and the enemy cast spells they will get locked up. Cause I think Spells are not supposed to all activate at the same time the game doesn't know which one to let activate first. And the game locks up leaving you the only option to restart the game
Old February 16, 2013, 12:11:38 AM
Celebi

Pikmin 2, the dreaded Waterwraith boss, has a dark secret. It won Dancing On Ice in 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBjoM2EkjHY

Last edited by RotomGuy; February 16, 2013 at 12:13:44 AM.
Old February 23, 2013, 07:23:01 PM
Keldeo

Just had this lovely gem happen today:

In Bioshock I'm getting shot at and trying to hack a turret so that I can use it to my advantage, apparentlly getting shot caused me to exit out of the hack screen get shot to death and then respawn in the gene tubes. While still having the hack screen minus the tubes along with anything else on screen. Pressing select got me out of this problem but still, that was unexpected.
Old February 23, 2013, 09:15:18 PM
Giratina

Oh hey, seeing this reminds of something that happened today.

I was in Star World 1 of Super Mario World destructifying all the rotating blocks with my mighty spin when I came across the rare baby red Yoshi. I made it all the way to the bottom of the level with it when I finally found some Koopas for it to eat. (I've always wondered: why did Bowser bring Koopas but not Mushroom Goombas? Chestnut Goombas are weird.) I was pressed up against the wall when I finally ate enough to have it grow into an adult. But after it did it shot up like an arrow, never coming down. I suppose it was because it technically was inside the wall. Don't care, I want my Yoshi refunded. :I

Last edited by TurtwigX; March 3, 2013 at 02:40:33 PM.
Old April 7, 2013, 07:10:16 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMan View Post
Oh boy where to start my favorite selection of glitches comes from Fallout 3.

Start off killed a gaint Scorpion, watched as he fell through the ground like he was falling off a edge and dissappear about 5 minutes later the guy fell from the sky and startled me.

In the DLC where you go to Alaska, save often, if to much goes on on screen the game glitches out and you will have to reload you last save, had this happen to me nemerous times before I started to save ever 5 minutes.

Continuing the Fallout Theme, Fallout New Vegas where the Scorpions like to half sink or get stuck with only a little but of them poking out above the ground this one is a pain as they are hard to kill but funny when they get stuck and you watch them try to escape in vain.
In New Vegas, and a few times in 3, the hands of enemies would go all Slender Man on me, and stretch out to roughly a yard.

My favorite glitch of all time has to be the Radiant AI in Oblivion. It's more of a programming derp, but I think it would fit in here. You'd get this guy in, I think Cheydiinhall, arrested, and when you go to the prison to visit a prisoner, he'd be dead in his cell. It turns out that the guards on duty would run out of food, and kill him to take his food. I found that quite humorous when I found it out.
Old September 28, 2013, 04:32:48 AM
Giratina

I...
but...
huh?

I came across this while I was playing Super Mario Sunshine. I was in Gelato Beach doing the Il Piantissimo race. As I was doing all sorts of acrobatics and FLUDD hovering to get to the Turbo Nozzle (I'm such a cheater~) when I heard a HUGE rumble, the kind when you clear paint and things grow. I turn around and nothing's there... nothing except for the LARGE INVISIBLE TREE. It just... grew in an area where it shouldn't have and was barely visible. I don't know what the hell I did, it still confuses me.

Here's a video, too. (Yay, crappy phone camera!) I only take videos if it's a glitch I don't know about.
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 VID_20130927_224005.mp4 (21.26 MB, 407 views)
Old September 28, 2013, 06:09:32 PM
Kyurem

On call of duty blacks ops1, there was glitch where the friendly team computer used a sentrygun but he never droped it for it to shoot anybody he just had it in his hand and ran around, he had it for like 2mins before he died by the enemy computer and the sentrygun activated. The level map we played on was Grid.