Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: Should I join the PokéZam Community Forum?
Yes, immediately 0 0%
Maybe, wait a while 1 11.11%
No, unless this forum dies 4 44.44%
Definitely not 2 22.22%
Run a test first 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old October 14, 2009, 01:28:28 PM
Administrator

Default IMPORTANT: Should I join the PokéZam Community Forum?

PLEASE VOTE.

This is a very important poll. I really want to know what everyone thinks.

The question is asking whether or not I should join the PokéZam community forum. I have an open invitation from an assistant admin, Nightwing, requesting for me to join. I can also run a test, but I'll explain that in a moment.

Now what exactly is a community forum? It's where several websites share the same forum, expounding on the word "community". Of course, that means that every site admitted will have to "transfer" their members to the new site through messages and announcements.

On the positive site, it should increase traffic to Floatzel.Net, as well as the other less-popular sites in the community. As sites like Pokémon Legends and The Pika Club (with a very popular forum) may be joining, that would simply be more sites that I could connect with. All member sites will get their own section on the community forum, and all forum members will be able to discuss in them.

Now for the cons. Currently, no one other than PokéZam is in the community. It would also mean me saying さようなら sayonara to 90% of the forum. (The only parts that would be left are the news, updates, and announcements.) It would also mean Floatzel.Net would no longer have a forum to call its own. (Now, of course, if it doesn't go well, I can re-instantiate the forum, but the site could get hit with a major loss of active members moving to another forum.)

Had I not had a forum, or instead had a smaller forum with only a few hundred posts, I would have jumped on this offer in a heartbeat. But now, the site is currently on an escalation, so I'm not sure if I should do this.

As for the "test" option, what that means is to test join the site. My forum would not be purged nor would I send a mass PM that the forum is moving, but I'd still change stuff around as if I did join.

I really want an opinion on this, so please vote and reply instead of just navigating away.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 23, 2010 at 07:28:42 PM.
Old October 14, 2009, 01:36:09 PM
Volcarona

Default Re: IMPORTANT: Should I join the PokéZam Community Forum?

I say you should test first, to see how it would go if you did join. If it goes well, then you should join. Hope I helped.
Old October 14, 2009, 01:46:26 PM
Administrator

I wouldn't. We seem to be coming more active on our own. Plus like you mentioned it wouldn't exactly be "The Floatzel.Net Forum" it would be "Floatzel.Net forum being used somewhere that isn't Floatzel.Net". You mentioned connecting with other forums but here is the problem, what makes you think people from the other forums are going to come here if they are all going to basically be the same?

For example, say I am a member of Forum X. I am an active member there and I really like it. Now then, what would make me want to join the Floatzel.Net forum? What would it have that would be any different from the Forum X that I am on?

I'm not saying that this forum is unoriginal, I'm just saying that with a bunch of other Pokémon boards it won't feel as "unique" as it does on it's own. And like you mentioned before some people would probably leave after the move and like you mentioned, 90% of the forum would go bye bye (which after the spam I mean Games board would still be about 60%).
Old October 14, 2009, 02:04:25 PM
Administrator

You've got some good points there, Yoshi. This site minus the forum might not seem right.
Old October 14, 2009, 03:40:56 PM
Shaymin

Wha-no-no.

No.

Why? 'Cuz, I mean, the other guy hasn't spread out and branched to other forums, yet, has he? So it's just a double-effort type deal. Plus, the forum's expanded quite a lot.

If you really, really, REALLY want to do this, then I suggest waiting until his "community forum" takes off.
Old October 14, 2009, 03:43:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdhlite
Why? 'Cuz, I mean, the other guy hasn't spread out and branched to other forums, yet, has he? So it's just a double-effort type deal. Plus, the forum's expanded quite a lot.
He has already asked several other sites about it, but none have joined yet. They both seem iffy on it, as well, as they both have popular forums as well.
Old October 14, 2009, 06:13:41 PM
Administrator

Any more opinions about this? I really want more than just six votes.
Old October 17, 2009, 02:53:07 PM
Administrator

Here is what Nightwing said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
Hello I am Nightwing from PokeZam and I want to let you all know that I’ve talked to Cat333Pokemon on becoming part of the forums. I know that some members wouldn’t like to just move because now that your forums is becoming active, but the things we're trying to do at PokeZam to attract more members will make you want to stay on it. We have three projects in the making ZamFights (Simiar to http://pokebattlers.org), ZamVideos a place to watch videos of anime and cartoons, and ZamArt a place to post your drawings online
Old October 18, 2009, 08:19:56 AM
Shaymin

Still kinda iffy about moving the forums, but again, whatever you think is best at the moment may change the next day.
Old October 18, 2009, 09:52:30 AM
Administrator

I've declined his offer. FreezeWarp understands perfectly well why and doesn't expect anyone to accept unless they have either a very poor forum or no forum at all.