Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Debate

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 5, 2011, 07:41:55 PM
Cyndaquil

Default ‘Indefinite Detention’ Bill Passes Senate 93-7

Americans completely stripped of all rights under Section 1031.

No wonder the Media hasn't covered anything about it. They're just as much as owned by the Big 6 Mega Banks as much as the US Government is. Here it is in summation.

The Senate last night codified into law the power of the U.S. military to indefinitely detain an American citizen with no charge, no trial and no oversight whatsoever with the passage of S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act.

One Amendment that would have specifically blocked the measures from being used against U.S. citizens was voted down and the final bill was passed 93-7.

Another amendment introduced by Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein that attempted to bar the provision from being used on American soil, an effort to ensure “the military won’t be roaming our streets looking for suspected terrorists,” also failed, although Feinstein voted in favor of the bill anyway.

Feinstein was able to include a largely symbolic amendment which states that “nothing in the bill changes current law relating to the detention of U.S. citizens and legal aliens,” but this measure is meaningless according to Republican Congressman Justin Amash, a fierce critic of the bill.

“Some have asserted that Sen. Feinstein’s amendment, S Amdt 1456, protects the rights of American citizens and preserves constitutional due process. Unfortunately, it does not. It’s just more cleverly worded nonsense,” Amash wrote on his Facebook page.

Though the White House has threatened to veto the bill, the fact that Obama administration lawyers yesterday reaffirmed their backing for state sponsored assassination of U.S. citizens would suggest otherwise. Not voting for the bill, or in other words upholding the oath to protect the Constitution, has been described over and over again as “political suicide”.

“The bill puts military detention authority on steroids and makes it permanent, American citizens and others are at greater risk of being locked away by the military without charge or trial,” said Christopher Anders, senior legislative counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union.

As Spencer Ackerman highlights , the bill completely violates the sixth amendment in that it allows American citizens to be locked up indefinitely, including in a foreign detention center, without any burden of proof whatsoever. An American merely has to be declared a terrorist and they can be abducted off the streets and never seen again.

“The detention mandate to use indefinite military detention in terrorism cases isn’t limited to foreigners. It’s confusing, because two different sections of the bill seem to contradict each other, but in the judgment of the University of Texas’ Robert Chesney — a nonpartisan authority on military detention — “U.S. citizens are included in the grant of detention authority,” writes Ackerman.

This is a code RED ALERT. Warn everybody you know, take this **** seriously. Law Enforcement are being trained to believe we, the citizens are Terrorists, are evil. For example, take a look FEMA telling local Cops that the Founding Fathers were Terrorists. You can't make this up.

This bill declared that the U.S is to be made a battleground should "Terrorists" attack, and that anyone suspected of Terrorism--including Americans will never be seen or heard from again. Getting executed without a Jury. This is so illegal.
Old December 6, 2011, 09:43:51 AM
Cyndaquil

Yeah...*sigh

This world is full of crooks.
Old December 6, 2011, 12:00:57 PM
Regigigas

I don't see why the Senate would ever need to pass something like this. Detain someone for no reason, no permission, and no release date?
This country's getting worse and worse all the time.
Old December 6, 2011, 02:11:10 PM
Cyndaquil

yes it indeed is. Yet people don't care because there is Football. And American Idol.
Old December 6, 2011, 05:18:28 PM
Volcarona

If it violates the 6th amendment, the states have the power to nullify the newly-passed law. If they come to take us away, then that's the Shot Heard 'Round the World.

This is tyranny, and we're just sitting here chatting with people on Facebook and Twitter. What will you do when they decide that *you're* a terrorist?
Old December 6, 2011, 05:45:46 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Exactly when do we rebel?

This is just turning the U.S. into a country where the average citizen is worth less than the dirt on a Senator's shoes. I don't know what Congress hopes to accomplish with this, but they must be incredibly oblivious to the threats if they seriously passed this.
When they come for us. In the meantime, let's prepare. This is evil we're up against.
Old December 6, 2011, 06:58:31 PM
Cyndaquil

Oh believe me. My uncle is up the street. Gonna ask him for a few guns.

People need to get canned food ready lie Tuna and get bottles of water. Because there will be no doubt, a economic collapse next year. The worst in history, and this is what they've been preparing for. This is why they want a Police State. Then the populace will want nothing more than World Government.

It'll all be over then.
Old December 6, 2011, 09:49:24 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonrss View Post
Oh believe me. My uncle is up the street. Gonna ask him for a few guns.

People need to get canned food ready lie Tuna and get bottles of water. Because there will be no doubt, a economic collapse next year. The worst in history, and this is what they've been preparing for. This is why they want a Police State. Then the populace will want nothing more than World Government.

It'll all be over then.
Remember, we outnumber them 99 to 1. Why else do they need to put us in such a state to even try to take us by force?
Old December 6, 2011, 10:47:02 PM
Cyndaquil

That's what the FEMA "detention centers" are for.
Old December 7, 2011, 05:27:50 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
That's what the FEMA "detention centers" are for.
Give me liberty, or give me death. I choose liberty.
Old December 7, 2011, 10:51:39 AM
Cyndaquil

Lol I heard that before.

But yeah, most people want and choose security over freedom.
Old December 7, 2011, 12:21:52 PM
Zoroark

What, I can't make 1984 references? This stuff sounds Orwellian. It's pretty bad when something makes both sides of the isle agree.
Old December 7, 2011, 01:42:20 PM
Cyndaquil

Yes, we are heading into that direction. If anything, we've passed 1984.
Old December 7, 2011, 05:01:36 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed Floatzel View Post
Remember, we outnumber them 99 to 1. Why else do they need to put us in such a state to even try to take us by force?
remember this, even though we out number them with well numbers, the military are trained for anything, they wear body armor and helmets, we don't possess this, HOW would we accomplish this if we were outmatched. even though they have fewer numbers, the marines are trained not to miss their targets.

We need a new congress to get rid of a lot these... "laws", we're weak that's all I can say.
Old December 7, 2011, 05:07:04 PM
Cyndaquil

Haha, well you're right.

But what about George Washington? Whom had only a handful of men, and lost many battles? Who didn't have much access to many good weapons like the Red Coats?

See where I'm going? You have to out maneuver them and out smart them.

I hope I meet one of you someday while we're fighting against the Globalists.
Old December 7, 2011, 05:59:24 PM
Giratina

This is yet another reason I hate living here. :I The whole thought of it sounds stupid.
That's just too much.
Old December 7, 2011, 06:09:19 PM
Cyndaquil

Well it's not just America.

Europe is on the verge of an Economic collapse. After theirs, then ours, too will be next.

That's why they've set this all up now.
Old December 7, 2011, 06:17:04 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Haha, well you're right.

But what about George Washington? Whom had only a handful of men, and lost many battles? Who didn't have much access to many good weapons like the Red Coats?

See where I'm going? You have to out maneuver them and out smart them.

I hope I meet one of you someday while we're fighting against the Globalists.
We used their own weapons against them, armor was something both sides didn't have. we used trees and spread fire ammo.
Old December 7, 2011, 06:27:40 PM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
We used their own weapons against them, armor was something both sides didn't have. we used trees and spread fire ammo.
Thanks for proving my point.

Yes, we will lose some in the struggle. People being used as diversions, sacrifices, ambushes.

No one is invincible.
Old December 7, 2011, 07:02:12 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point.

Yes, we will lose some in the struggle. People being used as diversions, sacrifices, ambushes.

No one is invincible.
yeah, but we'll lose is the problem. we cannot hide behind trees like we did in the past, and they got better armor than us... AND ARMOR PIERCING ROUNDS

Last edited by JC; December 7, 2011 at 07:02:55 PM.
Old December 7, 2011, 07:12:04 PM
Cyndaquil

Lol.

There are covert operations. There are many things you can do.

You don't win a battle by strength. The battle is won when you come up with a sufficient plan.

They'll just be following orders, they won't be thinking for themselves. That where we have the advantage.
Old May 19, 2012, 08:46:39 AM
Mudkip

why does this remind me of the Gestapo from WWII, where they were able to detain anyone that "they" thought was guilty of any crime? anyone else think that america is taking 1 step forward and 20 steps back?