Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old February 23, 2011, 01:22:42 PM
Administrator

Default Pokémon Black/White DSi Systems

Looking to get a new DSi weeks before the 3DS comes out? Well now is your chance. On March 6th (the release of Black/White in the US) you can pick up one of two (or both if you are crazy) DSi systems bundles. There are two bundles, one for Black and one for White. Each bundle will include a DSi system with both Reshiram and Zekrom, the respective game, and a matching carrying case for the system. The bundle will sell for $180.

Source (along with larger images): GoNintendo
Old February 23, 2011, 01:33:25 PM
Celebi

I am going to take back my $5 and $50 for pre-ordering the 3DS and buy this bundle! Its like getting the game for $10 since the DSi is $170and it has a awesome Reshiram and Zekrom picture on the front! I can't wait until it comes out! Quick question though: Where do you get these at? Can you pre-order/get them at GameStop or at Wal*Mart or both?

Last edited by [TRDRS]PokeTrader; February 23, 2011 at 01:35:04 PM.
Old February 23, 2011, 02:08:25 PM
Giratina

I honestly think this is a really stupid move for Nintendo. Literally three weeks before the 3DS comes out and they're selling a new DSi system? I doubt we'll be seeing anyone going around with those, not because of their awesome design, but because most people have at least some common sense.
Old February 23, 2011, 02:12:56 PM
Rayquaza

Well I think they also did this in Japan when the 3DS was months away so I guess that's why they're doing it now.

Last edited by Magmaster12; February 23, 2011 at 02:13:07 PM.
Old February 23, 2011, 02:53:25 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I honestly think this is a really stupid move for Nintendo. Literally three weeks before the 3DS comes out and they're selling a new DSi system? I doubt we'll be seeing anyone going around with those, not because of their awesome design, but because most people have at least some common sense.
:I

Or, there's people like me who would rather not spend $250 on a console that'll only have one good game at launch(that won't be able to buy said game anyway because he only has $250), instead of buying a system to replace their old broken one as well as getting a game or two with that system.

I just don't like that if I pick White, then i'll end up with a crappy all-white DSi, unlike with Black where you get black and gold lettering! :<

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; February 23, 2011 at 02:54:04 PM.
Old February 24, 2011, 04:29:41 AM
Giratina

The designs are certainly amazing and worthy of praise, but I'm not in need of a new DS console right now, nor will I ever be (unless mine stops working or breaks down unexpectedly). However, I won't deny that I feel like getting the black bundle. =P

Quote:
Like JAD said, not all people would be willing to buy the 3DS, and considering this bundle is cheaper than buying a DSi console and Pokémon Black/White separately, I think a good number of people would opt to buy it. However, I don't expect the sales to hit anything major, so it's a half-half move from Nintendo in my opinion.

Last edited by Shadow; February 24, 2011 at 04:33:50 AM.
Old February 24, 2011, 09:51:43 AM
Rayquaza

They were clever in creating such designs, but sorry, I can't afford buying a new console for nothing. I have a DS. Also, with the 3DS, no matter what people prefer, it is still going to get overshadowed.
Old February 24, 2011, 12:36:50 PM
Kyurem

Uh... Guys... you do realize the purpose of a collector's item is for collectors to buy it, right? This isn't being marketed to you, Jad, or you, NinGamer, or you, Shadow, its being marketed to your hardcore collector. So, seriously... why all the hate?
Old February 24, 2011, 12:58:37 PM
Kyurem

I am too poor to get it. I love the design by the way.
Old February 24, 2011, 01:59:57 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Uh... Guys... you do realize the purpose of a collector's item is for collectors to buy it, right? This isn't being marketed to you, Jad, or you, NinGamer, or you, Shadow, its being marketed to your hardcore collector. So, seriously... why all the hate?
Where in my post did I say I hated it?
Last I checked I said I was going to buy one.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; February 24, 2011 at 02:00:13 PM.
Old February 24, 2011, 02:34:46 PM
Kyurem

If I didn't have a DSi right now then I'd totally get that. I had paid the full $170 when I got mine, and this is only 10 more.
Old February 24, 2011, 08:27:21 PM
Haxorus

No love for the XL. :l

There's never going to be a special XL system. >.<

And soon, we will have to settle for a new system, or an outdated larger system.

I might just have to find a way to work around the firmware and install the 3DS OS on my XL. I want a 3DS, but I don't want to sacrifice my amazing gigantic display.

>:I
Old February 25, 2011, 02:26:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
I never said I hated the DSi bundles in my previous post, so there's no need to jump to conclusions.
Old February 25, 2011, 03:26:51 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by .name//Technomancer View Post
No love for the XL. :l

There's never going to be a special XL system. >.<

And soon, we will have to settle for a new system, or an outdated larger system.

I might just have to find a way to work around the firmware and install the 3DS OS on my XL. I want a 3DS, but I don't want to sacrifice my amazing gigantic display.

>:I
Yep, 'cause the XL has a 3D screen, three cameras, a slide pad and a motion sensor. So oyu're not gonna miss out at all.

(But srsly I do want a 3DSXL)
Old February 25, 2011, 05:16:02 AM
Celebi

YES! I get the Black one :3
It comes with the game too, which is great.
Old February 25, 2011, 05:27:25 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Gonna to have to agree with this. I can only foresee hardcore collectors buying these sets. Nintendo should have given out DSi decals or cases as opposed to this.

But other than that, those Reshiram and Zekrom etchings DO look nice.
Old February 26, 2011, 05:24:08 PM
Kyurem

These looks so cool. :>
But, I don't have any money to buy them. I need money for more important stuff. o3o
Old February 26, 2011, 05:33:47 PM
Shaymin

Oh, and stopping in to say I just noticed that this'll be my second Pokémon-enscribed handheld purchase, as I have a red Groudon GBA SP too. :I

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; February 26, 2011 at 05:34:00 PM.
Old February 26, 2011, 05:40:28 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Oh, and stopping in to say I just noticed that this'll be my second Pokémon-enscribed handheld purchase, as I have a red Groudon GBA SP too. :I
Lucky you, JAD.
I've never bought, nor seen in real-life Pokemon inscribed-handheld.

On a different note, I think the Black one is nice. Mostly cause I tend to favor darker colors over lighter colors;
Old February 26, 2011, 05:55:24 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Lucky you, JAD.
I've never bought, nor seen in real-life Pokemon inscribed-handheld.

On a different note, I think the Black one is nice. Mostly cause I tend to favor darker colors over lighter colors;
Spoiler Alert:    

^

Yeah, the black one is very nice, unlike the boring white one. :V
Old February 26, 2011, 06:34:00 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Spoiler Alert:    
Ahhhh! Jealously strikes me like a bolt of lightning!!
You are one lucky guy JAD!

Those two bundles look pretty clean I must say but I personally have no need for them. Maybe it's just because I'm not a hardcore collector or maybe even because I've already payed off my 3DS and both B/W in full, but these bundles just don't give me the real WOW factor that I need as a fan. Don't get me wrong though I absoulutely love these systems but, just think they're unneeded.
Old March 4, 2011, 05:13:16 PM
Haxorus

I'm so getting this~ I hope I either get asked if I wanna upgrade when I pick up Black or that I'll be able to talk my friend into getting one so we can trade games (I really want that Black DSi)