Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old March 22, 2011, 10:09:00 AM
Regigigas

Default Global Link International Release Delayed

The Global Link, which originally had a projected release date of March 30th, has been delayed, due to the servers being based in Japan, where energy is meant to be conserved at the moment due to the recent earthquake and subsequent nuclear reactor damage. The new release date has not been determined as of yet.

Source(s): [Pokémon Global Link Official Website]
Old March 22, 2011, 10:29:18 AM
Giratina

Although I really don't want the release to be delayed any further, I still give the Japanese people my full support. I hope they recover quickly from these natural disasters.

Last edited by Shadow; March 22, 2011 at 10:29:33 AM.
Old March 22, 2011, 02:26:51 PM
Kyurem

I hope they recover but why should we get affect in Pokemon Stuff. First an episode then this. They should bump it down, they could still release.
Old March 22, 2011, 03:16:20 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast64 View Post
I hope they recover but why should we get affect in Pokemon Stuff. First an episode then this. They should bump it down, they could still release.
Japan's Global Link server shut down fairly recently in preparation for the international release. It's delayed so everyone gets it at the same time. Sounds fair, no?
Old March 22, 2011, 05:43:00 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast64 View Post
Because it's a video game. It doens't matter. Especially in the whole scheme of things. Would you rather halp an entire country after a natural disaster, or get a few hours of entertainment at the expense of the other country?

Japan is in my prayers.
Old March 22, 2011, 11:45:32 PM
Administrator

Ah, that's a pity, but it's for a good reason, so I'm not worried at all about the release of the PGL being delayed. Rather, I still give my best wishes for those affected by the earthquake and tsunami.
Old March 23, 2011, 06:33:43 AM
Celebi

Aww....I was looking forward to the Pokemon Global Link being released but it doesn't matter anymore because of Japan's earthquake. I hope Japan gets through this and get they servers back up, but no rush though!
Old March 23, 2011, 06:48:25 AM
Rayquaza

I understand the problem, but I can't hide my disappointment. I was really looking forward to try this out.
Old March 30, 2011, 08:43:03 PM
Shaymin

Little late on this but.

So d'you think they're delaying it just till power sources are back up? Or is there some other date it's been pushed back to? The site itself says a date will be published later.
Old April 1, 2011, 12:41:05 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Little late on this but.

So d'you think they're delaying it just till power sources are back up? Or is there some other date it's been pushed back to? The site itself says a date will be published later.
Probably until the power sources are back up, or more specifically, usable. The cooling systems in the nuclear reactors that were damaged have shut down, and as a result the rods containing the nuclear materials are overheating and beginning to melt, releasing radiation. Chances are the conservation of energy is mainly to ensure the cooling systems can either be re-activated long enough to get things under control, or to make sure they have the power to deal with any sort of further mishaps concerning the reactors.