Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old October 12, 2011, 06:37:24 PM
Volcarona

Default Ruby/Sapphire remakes being considered by Junichi Masuda

In response to a fan's Tweet asking about the possibility of R/S remakes, Junichi Masuda Tweeted, "@RSremake ありがとう!想いはしっかり受け止めました。RSはマスダにとっても大切な作品。いいもの創りたいです。あ りがとう!!" Translated, it reads, "Thank you for your thoughts. Ruby and Sapphire are important games to me. I will consider your request." This is the first official consideration for Gen. III remakes.

Junichi Masuda's Tweet

This tweet is a reply to this:
「@Junichi_Masuda 増田さんへ。ルビー・サファイア(RS)のリメイクは、とにかくRSという原作、そしてRS世代(現在の中 高生ぐらい)の人達のことを大切にしたリメイクにしてください。CMでは金銀リメイクの時のようにRS世代 に当時の思い出を語らせたり、そしてGBプレイヤーみたいに『GBAプレイヤー』などを搭載したり。RSは 大人気作であり、多くの人々に愛されています。だからこそ感動できるリメイクを作ってください。この事を増 田さん以外の制作チームの方にも伝えていただきたいです。長文失礼しました。私はRSが大好きで、この事は どうしても知ってほしくて、この機会に伝えさせていただきました。『原作のRSと、RS世代を大切にした』 リメイクを絶対にお願いします、多くの人々がそれを望んでいます。信じています。」

Translation, thanks to Cat:
"To Mr. Masuda: Regarding Ruby/Sapphire (originally just called 'RS'), most of the teens are of the RS Generation. Please remake them for us to cherish. When the commercials for Gold/Silver remakes aired, those of us in the RS Generation recalled our memories of days gone by, also reminded by the GB Sound item of the times we connected our GBAs to the Game Boy Player. Ruby and Sapphire were extremely popular and were loved by many people. That is why we ask that you please make a remake, so we can all be moved emotionally by them again. Masuda, I know you listen to the things people say outside of the production team. I hope this long message is not being disrespectful. I love RS, and because people really want to know, please allow me to take this opportunity to make a request. For those who cherish RS, and for the RS Generation, please attempt to remake them for the many who want them. We believe in you."

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 13, 2011 at 01:43:34 AM. Reason: Included the important tweets
Old October 12, 2011, 07:11:54 PM
Administrator

I officially have interest, but I'm not going to get overly excited until we have some confirmation.
Old October 12, 2011, 07:33:32 PM
Kyurem

WAT

Seriously, l really hope this gets made. It may just be a little rumor, but a part of me has that wonderful feeling. :>
Old October 13, 2011, 12:29:14 AM
Servine

"I will consider your request"
I doubt they'll suddenly start doing it because one person asked about it. They've probably already been planning it out or at least considering it. Or maybe he just said that to be polite instead of saying "it won't happen", since you know the Japanese culture really values etiquette. And wouldn't they say "we" if they did consider it? Nevertheless I anticipate any progress they make with a remake if they are doing one. It would be really fun to go through hoenn all over again, but with all the sick features that've been introduced to the franchise since the original games.
Old October 13, 2011, 01:43:18 AM
Administrator

I've painstakingly translated the original three long tweets that Masuda replied to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSremake View Post
「@Junichi_Masuda 増田さんへ。ルビー・サファイア(RS)のリメイクは、とにかくRSという原作、そしてRS世代(現在の中 高生ぐらい)の人達のことを大切にしたリメイクにしてください。CMでは金銀リメイクの時のようにRS世代 に当時の思い出を語らせたり、そしてGBプレイヤーみたいに『GBAプレイヤー』などを搭載したり。RSは 大人気作であり、多くの人々に愛されています。だからこそ感動できるリメイクを作ってください。この事を増 田さん以外の制作チームの方にも伝えていただきたいです。長文失礼しました。私はRSが大好きで、この事は どうしても知ってほしくて、この機会に伝えさせていただきました。『原作のRSと、RS世代を大切にした』 リメイクを絶対にお願いします、多くの人々がそれを望んでいます。信じています。」

"To Mr. Masuda: Regarding Ruby/Sapphire (originally just called 'RS'), most of the teens are of the RS Generation. Please remake them for us to cherish. When the commercials for Gold/Silver remakes aired, those of us in the RS Generation recalled our memories of days gone by, also reminded by the GB Sound item of the times we connected our GBAs to the Game Boy Player. Ruby and Sapphire were extremely popular and were loved by many people. That is why we ask that you please make a remake, so we can all be moved emotionally by them again. Masuda, I know you listen to the things people say outside of the production team. I hope this long message is not being disrespectful. I love RS, and because people really want to know, please allow me to take this opportunity to make a request. For those who cherish RS, and for the RS Generation, please attempt to remake them for the many who want them. We believe in you."
And here's a video:

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 13, 2011 at 02:19:52 AM.
Old October 13, 2011, 01:51:53 AM
Servine

Thanks for translating!
I see it really shows how much people there want a remake too.
Old October 13, 2011, 06:54:55 AM
Kyurem

I think I'll take a wait-and-see approach on this one. I still don't know what will come out of this, but it's reassuring to know that RS remakes are being considered. The little kid in me is getting excited...
Old October 13, 2011, 07:35:10 AM
Giratina

I want to thank that person so much for bringing the request up. At least now we know that the idea is not completely out of question, which makes me feel really excited and optimistic. Now we just have to wait and see.

Last edited by Shadow; October 13, 2011 at 07:42:11 AM.
Old October 13, 2011, 08:27:42 AM
Rayquaza

I hope I am right in saying that they have been planning about it for a while, if not already started working on it. If this is right, then it seems that there might be a little hope for me to become interested in Pokémon again.
Old October 13, 2011, 10:36:50 AM
Zoroark

Whoowee, more games I won't be able to afford at any point in the foreseeable future.
Old October 13, 2011, 01:15:00 PM
Kyurem

I am glad to see another game coming out, it seem like it will be good.
Old October 13, 2011, 04:30:28 PM
Regigigas

I would love to see this game remade.
Old October 14, 2011, 12:03:00 PM
Administrator

Again, everyone, this is NOT a confirmation of a the games being remade. This is only a consideration.
Old October 14, 2011, 07:20:45 PM
Haxorus

That is pretty cool, but like Cat said, it's in no way confirmed. Still nice to know that there has been acknowledgment of the possibility.
Old October 14, 2011, 09:41:27 PM
Volcarona

I seem to notice that whenever a Pokemon remake comes out, I tend to like it.
The reason I said is because clearly I didn't enjoy Unova. *shivers*
Anyways, I wonder what the new soundfont will sound like. Hopefully they'll
have improved drum samples. In Black and White I think they still needed a little kick,
you know? Anyways, I digress. :\
Old October 15, 2011, 02:07:33 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalliumGrant View Post
I seem to notice that whenever a Pokemon remake comes out, I tend to like it.
The reason I said is because clearly I didn't enjoy Unova. *shivers*
Anyways, I wonder what the new soundfont will sound like. Hopefully they'll
have improved drum samples. In Black and White I think they still needed a little kick,
you know? Anyways, I digress. :\
I also like it when a remake is going to come out. Even though it's just being considered or something... It gives me hope.

The soundfont has come a long way since RSE, huh? They totally revamped the whole thing starting with HGSS, and they added more unique samples with BW. I wonder what good can come with the newest games? (Or will they simply ditch sequenced music if it's not on the DS for some reason?) Anyway, I have high hopes for RSE music on modern sound hardware, one way or another!
Old October 15, 2011, 01:52:05 PM
Regigigas

If this idea eventually becomes a reality, I know somethin' about what the grievances will be like.
PLEASE NOTE: The actual games will probably have none of these, and as such, the following are just my personal opinion. They are NOT fact, and they are not necessarily false.
[opinion]    
  • The sea routes will be just as painful and boring as before.
  • Trumpets, trumpets everywhere.
  • The Match Call system will be just as flawed and rage-inducing.
  • Anything that could be exploited for free "good-items" will be nerfed down to one-off free items and/or not included at all.
  • The level curve will be lowered due to most of the modern players being what I like to call 'easy-peasies'.
  • Everyone will be mad in one way or another due to their favorite thing being totally ruined or changed or something.
[/opinion]
Old October 16, 2011, 06:56:36 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
If this idea eventually becomes a reality, I know somethin' about what the grievances will be like.
PLEASE NOTE: The actual games will probably have none of these, and as such, the following are just my personal opinion. They are NOT fact, and they are not necessarily false.
[opinion]    
  • The sea routes will be just as painful and boring as before.
  • Trumpets, trumpets everywhere.
  • The Match Call system will be just as flawed and rage-inducing.
  • Anything that could be exploited for free "good-items" will be nerfed down to one-off free items and/or not included at all.
  • The level curve will be lowered due to most of the modern players being what I like to call 'easy-peasies'.
  • Everyone will be mad in one way or another due to their favorite thing being totally ruined or changed or something.
[/opinion]
Negative much?

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; October 16, 2011 at 06:56:46 AM.
Old October 16, 2011, 07:01:27 AM
Kyurem

Well, some people do think of what is the worst that could come out of it. At least these are almost all things that will be not implemented, huh?

But one thing's for sure... some fans just do not welcome change. Others embrace it.