Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old October 15, 2011, 02:38:41 PM
Regigigas

Default Jun'ichi Masuda Reveals New Details About N

Jun'ichi Masuda, the Director of the Pokémon Company, as well as its main composer, has revealed new details on the main "antagonist" of Pokémon Black and White, N:

-N's real name is "Natural Harmonia Gropius", N being derived from the term Natural Number.
-N is beyond other humans, in terms of IQ.
-N is a genius, whose mathematical ability is such that he is called a "Math Wizard".
-He is able to see the past and future of people.
-He is prone to extreme mood swings, and is able to think on his feet.
-Rumor has it that N was born from Pokémon, with the parents being unknown.
-While he loves Pokémon, N is weary of humans.
-N believes in the needs of Pokémon always coming first.
-N believes himself to be a perfect being.
-Due to his nature, he was shunned and scorned by humans, making his connection with Pokémon that much stronger.

Jun'ichi also noted how he took the origin of N's name into consideration when making his two musical themes, through the use of selective semitone alternation so as to make use of keys with prime numbers.

Source(s):[Jun'ichi Masuda's Director's Column]

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; October 15, 2011 at 06:08:57 PM.
Old October 15, 2011, 03:46:38 PM
Regigigas

Wait wait wait

He just revealed all this in a director's column?

I was expecting more info on N to be revealed in Gray... I don't know if I wanna read all this now... I think I'm gonna wait until Gray comes out...

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; October 15, 2011 at 04:48:42 PM. Reason: Sorry, forgot to type out the full name, and messed it up in the process.
Old October 15, 2011, 05:18:32 PM
Volcarona

Oh, don't worry Jun'ichi telling us stuff about N early is totally natural.
Good details, though. Seems like N is the flavor of the season.
Old October 15, 2011, 06:49:51 PM
Kyurem

Makes you think about what more N has behind the scenes. So many unknown things... so many secrets. I am getting pumped for the prospects of the third game... That should explore into N more...
Old October 16, 2011, 01:50:59 AM
Servine

If only Bulbapedia allowed for you to add trivia, I'd change it.

Sadly someone has already beat me to editing the part that questions N and Gechisu's relations.

As a very large N fan, I am happy to learn all this info. I was more hoping more would be revealed in the next game [if there is one, which is highly likely], but oh well. Now I can only hope they will show these parts of N in it! Daaamn, it makes me more excited and hopeful!
Old October 16, 2011, 03:58:16 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeMaster View Post
As a very large N fan, I am happy to learn all this info. I was more hoping more would be revealed in the next game [if there is one, which is highly likely], but oh well. Now I can only hope they will show these parts of N in it! Daaamn, it makes me more excited and hopeful!
I have high hopes about that.

But... why do I have a feeling that the third game might be a sequel, a proper sequel instead this time around, just to explore on the story and its implications?

N is now the most mysterious Pokémon character. To me, at least.
Old October 16, 2011, 06:47:41 AM
Rayquaza

How interesting... and unusual. Born from Pokémon? Fantasies go beyond my imagination. Plus, he didn't seem quite intelligent while playing the games, but a close-minded boy who is easily influenced and manipulated...
Old October 16, 2011, 07:27:39 AM
Shaymin

I knew most of this already because I am N... JK.

But I do think these facts are interesting, I find this one quite interesting "He is able to see the past and future of people." Also (I know this is taking the fun out of things but...) if he was a pokemon it would probably be Ditto (doubt it) Zorua, or Zoroark. (sorry if I missed any).
Old October 16, 2011, 07:31:16 AM
Kyurem

That said... the "born from Pokémon" comment is the weirdest part. It's just a rumour, as stated in the blog, but... I just can't shake that feeling off.
Old October 16, 2011, 07:42:57 AM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
I have high hopes about that.

But... why do I have a feeling that the third game might be a sequel, a proper sequel instead this time around, just to explore on the story and its implications?

N is now the most mysterious Pokémon character. To me, at least.
That would be good if it happened. I have no idea; could be like the others, it could be a prequel, or maybe incorporate both and more, which would be great.

N is definitely mysterious. Maybe there's more information to be found? Maybe N's parents and past could play a role in the next game?
Old October 16, 2011, 07:48:07 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeMaster View Post
That would be good if it happened. I have no idea; could be like the others, it could be a prequel, or maybe incorporate both and more, which would be great.

N is definitely mysterious. Maybe there's more information to be found? Maybe N's parents and past could play a role in the next game?
If we got a sequel instead, the possibilities are endless. Just... will it become reality? That's the biggest question. There are people that have the theory that the third version this time is a sequel, instead of the usual...
Old October 16, 2011, 03:45:57 PM
Volcarona

Hey, I'm up for a sequel! If it builds a stronger feel to Unova-Wahi
and makes it more true to the previous Pokemon games, then I'm on the Royal
Unova, baby!

(And hopefully we can get music that actually sounds like it belongs in a Pokemon game, along with new areas to explore, to increase the re-playability of the game. Jus' sayin')
Old October 17, 2011, 12:09:20 AM
Kyurem

I think I'd prefer the third version to explore whatever's untouched in the original pair, and throw in additions in addition to massive changes. I would also like more unique music that is more reminiscent of other RPGs. BW had a good chunk of them that doesn't sound like Pokémon music.
Old October 17, 2011, 10:57:26 AM
Keldeo

What I think.    
N reminds me of Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends With You. by Square Enix.
Why?
Quote:
-N is beyond other humans, in terms of IQ.
-N is a genius, whose mathematical ability is such that he is called a "Math Wizard".
N and Sho are both "Math Wizards" and are both beyond other humans in terms of IQ.
Quote:
He is prone to extreme mood swings, and is able to think on his feet.
Sho was known for being able to think on his feet, like when he made the desision to erase himself and Joshua, at the end of Week 2.

Quote:
-N believes himself to be a perfect being.
Sho believed that he was brilliant, perfect, and the perfect guy to be the Composer, I mean, why else would be make those garbage piles in Week 2, saying that he was better than air, sound and gravity?

In terms of a 3rd game.. I think N's backstory should be more fleshed out in said game, along with a couple of other things that other people have mentioned.

Last edited by Roxas; October 17, 2011 at 10:58:16 AM.
Old October 17, 2011, 07:48:31 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
In terms of a 3rd game.. I think N's backstory should be more fleshed out in said game, along with a couple of other things that other people have mentioned.
These are also what I'll be expecting in the third game. In fact, I'll be disappointed if this doesn't happen. We have precedent - Platinum, anyone?
Old October 17, 2011, 09:11:04 PM
Kyurem

Hmm...
Makes me wonder if all this is somehow hiniting at a possible Grey featuring N as the main character, or being highly based on his story.
Old October 18, 2011, 02:10:28 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Hmm...
Makes me wonder if all this is somehow hiniting at a possible Grey featuring N as the main character, or being highly based on his story.
Maybe? I think I myself wouldn't really hold high hopes for that, but all the better.
Old October 18, 2011, 07:41:07 AM
Giratina

These bits of information really got me curious to explore N's character, and as a number of people over here said, it would be perfect if the third game fleshed that out. Even though the 'born from Pokémon' part is really strange (almost a little disturbing), the fact that he is a genius makes him much more complex than what many of us thought. I'm really hoping - fingers crossed - that this is a preparation of sorts for the third title.