Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 27, 2012, 07:25:21 PM
Shaymin

Emma started to walk toward her cousin's house and turned to Liam. "Let's go, Liam."
Old April 27, 2012, 07:26:38 PM
Kyurem

Jon followed Emma, as he opened the Game Boy and loaded up a copy of Pokemon Emerald. Lucario followed figuring he may as well come.
Old April 27, 2012, 07:31:22 PM
Shaymin

Emma pulled her phone out and dialed her cousin. "Jakey, is the apartment unlocked?" After she got the answer, Emma hung up quickly. "We're good."
Old April 27, 2012, 07:33:04 PM
Landorus

Liselle followed behind them. "Would it be alright if I could use a phone when we get there?" She asked Emma, "My parents are going to be worried about me; I was supposed to be home over an hour ago."

Last edited by SpikyEaredPichu96; April 27, 2012 at 07:33:44 PM.
Old April 27, 2012, 07:35:34 PM
Shaymin

"Mine won't they rarely do." Liam mumbled as they walk the boulevard.
Old April 27, 2012, 07:42:26 PM
Kyurem

The sound of sirens got louder, and three Vauxhall police cars passed them. Jon spoke up. "My parents don't care abou me either, but truthfully I don't care about them.
Old April 27, 2012, 07:45:18 PM
Shaymin

"Sure, and Liam I'm sure your parents care." Emma arrived at the apartment.
Old April 27, 2012, 07:47:37 PM
Landorus

Liselle rubbed the back of her neck, feeling a little bad for both Liam and Jon. She wanted to say something, but afraid that whatever she said would come out wrong, she didn't say anything.
Old April 27, 2012, 07:52:12 PM
Shaymin

Emma walked in. "Liselle, there's a phone in my room. First room to the left." Emma went into the fridge and grabbed a soda. "Jon and Liam, I'm sure your parents care."
Old April 27, 2012, 07:59:47 PM
Kyurem

Jon sat down on the nearest couch. "This is a pretty nice place compared to my flat."
Old April 27, 2012, 08:02:32 PM
Shaymin

"Yeah. I don't know where he gets his money, but Jakey has a lot stashed. I think it's his inheretance."
Old April 27, 2012, 08:07:56 PM
Landorus

"Thanks, Emma." Liselle said, then walked down the hall and into the room. She picked up the phone, dialed her home number, then put the receiver to her ear. There was no response. She frowned, then tried again. Still nothing. That's odd... The girl thought. Trying to fight down the worry that had started gnawing at her, she tried her Dad's cell. This time, her Dad picked up.
"Hey Dad." She said, "Yeah, it's me. Yeah, I'm fine. Yes, Dad, I'm sure. Where are you guys? I called the home phone twice." There was a pause. "What?" Her tone had become worried, a little scared even, "What happened?" Another pause, "Are you and Mum alright? And the Fletcers?" Another, shorter pause, "Okay. Where are you guys at? Okay." Yet another pause, "I'm at a friend's place. Well, I'm a little dirty from he gardening I did today, but other than that, I'm fine." One final pause, "Okay. I'll see you as soon as I can, then. Love you, too. Bye."
Liselle hung up, then went out again to join the others. Her face was a slightly pale when she got there. "I don't think I'll be able to stay very long," She said, "I need to head back to the other side of town soon. I should probably go and see if I can find my bike again."

(I hope that's not too hard to read; it looks a little squished together to me. x3 I can edit it around if I need to.)

Last edited by SpikyEaredPichu96; April 28, 2012 at 10:34:04 AM. Reason: Baker's apostrophe. x3
Old April 27, 2012, 08:54:22 PM
Regigigas

Sol, who had been walking alongside the group the whole time rather silently, tried multiple times to speak up, but really couldn't think of anything worth saying (In other words, THE PLOT LEFT WITHOUT ME AGAIN D'X). Upon entering the house, he sat down and informed everyone "So, yeah, I'm here because I'm a transfer student studying abroad, but I'm not sure if the school I'm studying at is currently in commission considering the recent..." Sol looked out the window "...state of things."
Old April 28, 2012, 02:31:00 PM
Shaymin

Liam ignored Emma's comment that she said twice. They really didn't, and he didn't really care for them to care. He had felt alone most of his life, so why start now?

Liam meandered around the place mostly. He just waited for the rest of them to leave. It was a bit awkward. Liam didn't think it could be this way with the recent happenings. He looked over at Lucario, who hadn't broken pose; staring into space. Liam opened his leather satchel and picked up Sandshrew, and placed him in one arm so he could sit down. He set Sandshrew on the kitchen table and they looked at each other. "I guess you are coming with us... right?"

Sandshrew just made a reassuring grunt and made as much as a smile as one could make (which isn't big). "DO YOU HAVE ANY APPLES FOR SANDSHREW?!" Liam yelled across the house. But he didn't wait for a response to go get one from a bowl on the kitchen counter and feed it to the pokemon on the table. There was only oranges so he made do.

Last edited by teamplasma; April 28, 2012 at 02:50:12 PM.
Old April 28, 2012, 02:36:02 PM
Shaymin

"Cool. Where do you happen to be from?" Emma was relieved she wasn't the only foreigner. She still however never to manage to even catch his name. "I ONLY HAVE ORANGES!!" Emma retorted to Liam

Last edited by MaRcHiNg12step; April 28, 2012 at 02:39:25 PM.
Old April 28, 2012, 03:36:37 PM
Regigigas

"WHY ARE WE YELLING!?" Sol shouted from the middle of the room before turning his attention to Jon. "Sooo, where did you go when you left the building earlier?"
Old April 28, 2012, 03:49:35 PM
Shaymin

Liam looked over at Sol, "Obviously we aren't in speaking distance. It wasn't like it was ear shattering." Moving hands dramatically showing that the table and chair that he was sitting at was at the farther end of the kitchen. In the last hour Liam had seemed to be getting out of his comfort zone a lot. He usually is talkative but shy now he is rambunctious and snappy. (assuming that the appartment has a large kitchen. Please play along... I sorta kinda might have possible thought she was with Liselle in another room. ALSO... Why isn't Lucario doing nothing, that is a it sideways.)
Old April 28, 2012, 04:13:09 PM
Kyurem

(Lucario's just silently sitting somewhere, letting the others work out what to do. He'll probably speak up eventually."

Jon held up the Game Boy in response to Sol. "There's a GAME branch near where we were. Picked this up there."
Old April 28, 2012, 05:27:43 PM
Landorus

Liselle sat down at the table across from Liam and Sandshrew, digging in her bag to try and find her knitting. "Should we try and figure out somewhere for us all to meet tomorrow?" She asked, pulling out the headband she'd been working on, "We'll all have to head home sooner or later, and if we're going to be a team for this, we'll need to be able to meet up when we need to."
Old April 28, 2012, 05:48:25 PM
Regigigas

Sol took note of Jon's decision to do a little studying up on these Pokemon and replied "Huh. Y'know, I might do the same." Sol took his 3DS out of the pocket of his backpack and switched the game he originally had in there for his copy of Pokemon Black Version. At this point, Litwick looked on from on top of his shoulder. Sol noticed the Litwick's sudden intrigue and decided to pull up his team, which of course had possibly his favorite pokemon of Gen V, Chandelure. Pointing to the floating chandelier of blue fire, Sol gently said to the Litwick, "See that? You're going to look like that someday." Taking another glance at the Chandelure and the nickname he gave it, he decided to call the Litwick by that name as well. "Okay, it's decided. You're new name is Xaamn." Xaamn, as he was now called, grinned a little bit as he wiped up the wax starting to cover his eyes like excess hair.

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; April 28, 2012 at 05:49:22 PM.
Old April 28, 2012, 06:03:45 PM
Shaymin

Liam looked at Sol as he gave Litwick a name. "You want a name?" He said to Sandshrew, "Well you look like a... Tsulo. Yeah!" He rubbed Tsulo's head and he looked elated.
Old April 28, 2012, 07:15:13 PM
Kyurem

Something passed right by the window, leaving the room in darkness for about a second. Lucario got up and looked over at the window. "Damn, it's gone."
Old April 28, 2012, 07:43:04 PM
Regigigas

Sol looked behind him at Lucario as he now spoke. "Was he just here?"
Old April 29, 2012, 09:09:25 AM
Kyurem

"Yes... that was it."
Old April 29, 2012, 09:12:56 AM
Shaymin

"Well lets go!" Liam insisted.
Old April 29, 2012, 10:56:47 AM
Regigigas

"Uh, where to? If he was just here for mere seconds, how exactly are we going to have any idea where he is?" Sol rationalized. He really had little intention to go on a phantom-dragon hunt on his first day in England.
Old April 29, 2012, 11:01:18 AM
Shaymin

'Well I am sure we could find him if we look, obviously he is near." Liam started thinking this guy was a party pooper. All Liams life he was never included and now that something is happening and he is included they are just going to stand there,
Old April 29, 2012, 12:34:59 PM
Shaymin

"I personally think we should wait until we have a thorough plan that everyone agrees on." Emma grabbed a pen and paper to write down some thrown-out ideas. "Any suggestions?"
Old April 29, 2012, 02:17:13 PM
Shaymin

"Talk to that guy me and Liselle keep suggesting..." Liam mumbled.
Old April 29, 2012, 04:46:56 PM
Shaymin

Emma heard his chide remark and snapped back. "Look! We aren't going to anywhere unless we all work together, understand Liam? If this bloke.." Emma gestured to Sol, "...doesn't follow the plan, we will not able to succeed. If you think you can, you're bloody bonkers!" Emma's voice was thicker than usually, which happened a lot when she was frustrated.
Old April 29, 2012, 05:18:30 PM
Shaymin

Liam just shut out his mind. He wasn't used to this. Every time somebody has yelled at him he has froze up on the inside. But the only other times were by his dad. So he just blankly sat there for a while.
Old April 29, 2012, 05:44:08 PM
Shaymin

"Sorry. I don't normally snap like that. Will you forgive me?" Emma put her hand out. "I've been a lot more on edge recently, and I took it out on you."
Old April 29, 2012, 06:48:32 PM
Kyurem

Jon spoke up. "Giratina, or whatever it's called, is probably gone by now anyways, so there isn't much of a point for any plans for catching it."
Old April 29, 2012, 06:57:20 PM
Shaymin

"Not right now, no." Emma yawned at looked at the rest. "Night."
Old April 29, 2012, 08:10:32 PM
Regigigas

Sol, somewhat frustrated with the rashness of his new apparent partners, had hardly paid attention to the waning daylight (that and his now having to get used to a new time zone), and said aloud "Oh, ****, I have to go to my apartment. Um, I may or may not be able to drop by tomorrow depending on if the school still exists. Then again, if a random Dragonite comes and lays waste to the school, I'll probably be dead, so...yeah, if you don't see me back, assume everything. 'Night!" Sol was going to leave on that rather snarky note, but then paused at the door and looked over at the Lucario, still seeming deep in thought.
"...Hey, uh, Luc...where do you plan on staying tonight?"
Old April 29, 2012, 08:36:18 PM
Landorus

Liselle, also noticing the light fading outside, put her knitting away and stood up. "I need to get going, too. I guess we'll meet up back here tomorrow, then?"
Old April 30, 2012, 03:39:43 AM
Kyurem

Lucario responded to Sol. "I can just... hang around. I'll be fine."

"I better get going too," Jon said, walking out the room, "I'll see you tomorrow."
Old April 30, 2012, 06:01:23 AM
Shaymin

"You people be safe. I don't want anything to happen." Emma wasn't sure how safe London's streets were. She waved them out and headed toward her bedroom.
Old April 30, 2012, 10:27:20 AM
Landorus

Liselle nodded and waved. "See you tomorrow." She stepped out the door and almost ran towards the park where she'd met Liam. When she got there, she was relieved to see her bike still laying on the grass. Good thing that homeless guy didn't come back and take it. She thought with a wry smile.
She carefully righted the bike, then got on and pushed off. She rode quickly down the street, reading signs as she went. After a time, as she reached the neighborhood where she'd lived, the sound of sirens reached her ears. She kept her eyes open, but she still didn't see them until she began to pass her street.
About three fire trucks were parked outside what was left of a building, still spraying down the last of the flames. Liselle stopped and just stared at the burned remains of what had once been her home. There was almost nothing left. She stared at it for a moment longer, then forced herself to turn away. As she did, she noticed something move out of the corner of her eye, and she turned. A small Growlithe was hiding in the shadows underneath a bush, looking at her with apprehension. It looked as if it'd taken a beating recently; it's fur was ragged and stood oddly in a few places, and there were blue-ish spots that you could just see under it's fur. As the girl started to get off her bike, it shrank back, then turned and disappeared into the foliage.
Liselle stopped, then sighed and righted herself on her bike. She wished that she could help the poor thing, but if what her Dad said had been true, if it had been beaten by a few of the neighborhood boys, then she wasn't surprised that it didn't trust humans. She pushed off again, riding a bit faster now. She didn't have to stop so often to look at signs now; she knew where she was going from here.
After about half an hour, she pulled up at a small house, sitting almost at the edge of town. Her parents were waiting for her on the porch. She almost flew off her bike, running up to see them. They both seemed unharmed, thank goodness. After a lot of hugging and convincing one another that they were alright, they went inside. Sitting at the kitchen table inside was a young woman, reading some older novel that Liselle didn't recognize. As they entered, she looked up, and on seeing the girl, she smiled and stood to greet her.
"Hello Aunt Porenn." Liselle said as the two of them embraced, "Where's Uncle Rhodar?"
"He's already gone to bed," Porenn replied, "He's had a long day at work. Are you hungry Liselle? There's some spaghetti left over from dinner."
"No thank you, I just want to go to bed."
"Alright, then; we have the bed made up for you."
"Thanks."
Liselle moved towards the back of the house, slipping into the bathroom for a moment to brush out her braid. When her hair was down, it was very incredibly curly. She only left it down during special occasions, though, so not very many people have seen it that way. When she was done, she slipped into the small room that she'd always slept in those few times they'd come here when she was little. She slipped under the covers of the small bed, and, faster than she would've thought possible after the events of the day, she fell asleep.
Old April 30, 2012, 01:46:44 PM
Regigigas

Shrugging, Sol decided to leave the matter to. Taking out his map, he quickly realized that he had no idea where he was on that map, so getting to his dorm would be a task. At that moment, he felt Xaamn slither down his left arm as he looked at the circled part of the moment, then at Sol. Suddenly, Xaamn jumped back on Sol's shoulder and put his hand to Sol's head. Sol started to feel hazy and foggy for a moment, but when he regained clear sight, he could see a glowing pathway. Sol looked perplexed at Xaamn, who simply smiled back at him. Sol followed the pathway, wondering how long it would take him to reach his destination, when almost instantaneously he found himself right in front of the apartment.
...I should not have been able to walk here this quickly...
Sol looked again at Xaamn, who yet again smiled at him rather cheerfully.
I get the feeling some of these guys are going to be integral toward our getting out of this mess... Sol thought as he walked in and made his way to his new dorm.
Old April 30, 2012, 02:35:35 PM
Kyurem

Jon walked out of the building. It was now pretty dark with most of the light being from streetlamps. He pulled out a cell phone and dialed a number.

"Mum? I'll be staying at Lizzie's overnight. I will, Mum. Just make sure Katie's safe. Okay? Bye."

He then called up Lizzie and asked for a ride.
Lizzie, Jon's girlfriend, arrived in a red Honda Civic that looked like it had been in a small crash. Jon got in the front passenger seat. "Liz? What happened?"
"...You're aware of the Pokemon thing that's been going on, right?"
"You think I haven't noticed?"
"Right. Something ran in front of my car, I couldn't tell what it was. But after I hit it, it just got up and ran off."

Jon didn't question it, and they drove off to Lizzie's flat.
Old April 30, 2012, 02:51:00 PM
Shaymin

Liam stood, "I dont want to be the only one here, not that I have to go, so I think I should leave." He looked at Tsulo. "My arms or my bag?" He said dully. Tsulo put his first two paws on Liam's chest showing he wanted up. He grabbed Tsulo and his satchel and left with simple goodbyes. His house wasn't far from here because this place isn't far from the park that he was at before. So tomorrow when he came it would be easy to locate.

Not long from his departure he had a flash back of the attacking. It came because he was passing the park; which was the location of it. Liam was never sure, but that scene kept haunting him, torturing his conscience. There wasn't much significance to the situation, but it was always worse each time it came up. It hadn't come up often, considering that it was only about 2 and a half hours ago.

Sortly after, Liam got home. He had thought about stayingat the lovely park for the night but that seemed a bit harsh. "Why wasn't you home sooner!" Yelled his dad who was in the other room. He must have heard the door. "I meet some new...friends." Liam muttered, at this point he chose to hide Tsulo for now. After the door-hall came the living room. His mother was sitting in the recliner patching Tammi's shirt. Tammi was Liams sister; and there were 6 of them: Liam, Tammi, Andy, Alec, Marissa, and Sid. Sid and Marissa are the newest and twins. Liam is the oldest and Tammi, Andy, and Marissa are 9,8, and 6. Liam's mom smiled at him when he passed the living room. He went right to bed after taking a night shower and finding some food for him and Tsulo.

~-~-~-~

Later that night at about 2

"Liam." He was shaken a little. "Liam." It was Marissa. "I had a nightmare." He just registered who it was. "Oh, Mara, I am sorry." She cuddled up to him putting her head on his chest. Then she slept. Liam and Marissa had always had a good relationship, better than the rest of the kids. But this was sad for him, because he knew that now that this is all going on he would grow farther and farther away from his little Mara. Then, he slept too.
Old April 30, 2012, 04:10:22 PM
Kyurem

Meanwhile, in the Pokemon world...
Two well-dressed men walked up the stairs to Spear Pillar. There, Palkia, the Pokemon of Space, was being held captive. "Well well," the man on the right said, "Those boys really did do a good job for once. I assume you've also caught Dialga so it can't do anything to help it?"
"Actually, Dialga's already disappeared," The other man said.
"Better. I can only suppose that the disappearing Pokemon are coming up wherever we've been getting those communications from. It'll definitely teach them a lesson not to mess with us."

It is morning in the real world.
This morning it was raining. "Morning," Jon said, noticing Lizzie wake up. He was already dressed. "Sleep alright?"
"Yeah." Lizzie got dressed and left the building with Jon. In the parking lot, she noticed a purple cat-like creature sleeping on the bonnet of her car with a long, curly tail. "Aww, Purrloin!" She said, running up to it. The Purrloin woke up and promptly ran away. "Huh." She got in the car. "So where does this Australian girl live again?"
Old April 30, 2012, 05:32:56 PM
Regigigas

That night...
To say Sol was having a nightmare would be similar to describing a man with leprosy to be a bit under the weather. Feeling like he was in a completely different world, he was entirely aware that we was dreaming, but for some reason, he just could not awaken despite his best efforts. The setting was a dark purple mist, he had no way of telling whether or not he was on the ground, and worst of all, he was standing face to face with what he immediately recognized as a Gengar. Realizing what a Gengar is capable of a moment too late, he tried to turn around, but was quickly overtaken by its glowing eyes. His body felt weak. For the first time in his life, he felt as though he was going to die, and he had no way of escaping. At that moment, a bright flash of shining pale blue light emitted off to the side. The Gengar, startled entirely, looked over, breaking the death spell on Sol, who was shocked to see what had just seemingly save his life-- a Chandelure.
Xaamn.
The Chandelure stared down the Gengar while priming an orb of darkness, and the Gengar fled quickly. Sol looked over at who he suspected to be Xaamn, who proved himself by rushing to embrace him.
Sol quickly woke up with full recollection of what had just happened, and looked over at Xaamn. Fast asleep. He had a faint smile on his face, though, Sol noticed.
You...thank you... He thought as he covered up and drifted back off to sleep.
Just before going back, however, he barely heard a voice in his head whisper: Always.

----------------------------------

At about 6:30 AM, Sol heard his all too familiar phone yelling at him to return its sandwich (This is my irl morning alarm, I kid you not.). Problem is, he had woken up a good 2 hours prior to this alarm and had found himself incapable to getting any more sleep. Sitting upright, he dismissed his cell's alarm. Casually saying "'Mornin', Xaamn" to his new best friend, he looked up to a frightening sight. Staring him down was...a Ghastly?
This Ghastly lacked the mischevious grin. Rather, it had an equally frightened look about it, as though something in the room had given it the terror of its lifetime--
Oh, wait...it's scared of you, isn't it? He said, looking over at Xaamn, who, sitting on his nightstand, was giving that Ghastly the death stare.
Sol, suddenly overcome by a feeling of sorrow and compassion, stretched out his right hand to motion that Xaamn settle, and with his left hand, attempted to bring the poor Ghastly close...then he realized that they are completely intangible. Awkward.
Nevertheless, the Ghastly got the message and seemed to nestle close to Sol, as though he had suddenly gained...her trust. Some odd feeling told Sol this Ghastly was a female.
This thing had the power to kill me while I was asleep last night, and now she's clinging to me like her life depends on it...Good Lord, I think I'M the Ghost attractor here...dontcha know...
Old April 30, 2012, 05:50:57 PM
Landorus

Liselle stirred and opened her eyes, surprised by the fact that she wasn't in her own bed at home. It didn't take long, however, for the details of yesterday's events to sink in. She sighed and sat up, knowing it wouldn't do any good to try and go back to sleep, hoping it'd all been a dream; she'd tried that too many times in the past. Rain beat against the window, sending odd light patterns through the room and filling her ears with its music. She swung her legs out of bed and stood, stretching, then opened the door and disappeared into the bathroom. Her clothes were a little wrinkled, and still stained in a few places from the garden work she'd done the previous day, but they didn't seem too bad. She brushed her hair, but left it down for the moment; she knew her Aunt liked to see her hair loose like that.
When the girl went into the kitchen, she found Porenn sitting at the table drinking tea. "Good morning, dear." She greeted Liselle with a smile.
"Good morning, Porenn." Liselle replied brightly. The sight of her aunt always made her smile. She looked around at the almost-empty kitchen, "Where's Mum and Dad, and Uncle Rodar?"
"The men left for work," Porenn replied, "And your mother is out at a job interview."
"Oh, that's right; I forgot that was today." The girl moved to the cabinets and pulled out a bowl and a box of cereal. After pouring herself some (and pouring some milk on top of that), she sat down by her Aunt. "Do you have to be at work soon, too?"
"Yes, but not for about half an hour yet. And besides, I wanted to see you; it seems like forever since we've talked together." Porenn reached out and gently plucked at one of Liselle's curls, making it bounce almost like a little blonde spring. Liselle giggled as it bounced. She enjoyed it when her Aunt did this, though not quite as much if it was someone else; It was sort of their special thing.
Her Aunt tapped a small column on the front page of the newspaper, "Did you see your name's in the paper today?" She asked, passing it over, "They did a story on the burning apartment. From what your father told me, they seemed to have gotten it more or less right."
Liselle leaned over the paper and read the article her Aunt had indicated, starting a little ways in, where she saw her parents' names;
One of the residents of this building, Mr. Jack Aldon, reported seeing two boys attacking a small, canine-like creature. The creature, which was reported by Mr. Aldon to have orange fur with small, black zigzag stripes (One reporter guessed it to be a Pokemon called Growlithe), shot small flames at the boys in self defense, before running back away from them. Unfortunately, some of the flames reached the old building, and it quickly caught fire.
Mr. Aldon had just enough time to warn his wife, Mrs. Selar Aldon, and their upstairs neighbors, Mr. Lawrence and Mrs. Charlene Fletcher, and get them out safely before the entire building was up in flames. The Aldons' daughter, Liselle Aldon, was said to be elsewhere in town.

The article went on to talk about the history of the building, and the neighborhood itself, but Liselle had stopped reading. "It's a miracle none of the other buildings caught fire," She said as she finished her breakfast, "They're so close together."
"I agree." Porenn said, "What are your plans for today?"
"I'm going to meet some friends." Liselle replied.
"Do you need a ride? I'd hate for you to ride your bike out in the rain."
"It's alright, it's not raining too hard, and besides, I like the rain."
"Alright, then. There's a rain jacket in the wardrobe in your room, if you'd like to use it. It's my old one, but I think it'll fit alright."
"Okay, thanks." The girl stood and took her bowl and spoon to the sink to wash it. "Want me to do your teacup?"
"Thank you, that would be great." Her Aunt handed her the cup, then went to get her jacket on. She hugged Liselle around the shoulders so as not to stop her work, "Have fun today, Curly Top."
"I will, Aunt Porenn." She replied, pressing her head lightly against her Aunt as a way of returning the hug. Porenn smiled, then turned and went out the door.
When Liselle was done, she put the dishes away, and went back into the bedroom. She found the jacket her Aunt had talked about and pulled it on; it was light, but still warm. After a brief stop in the bathroom to put her hair back in it's usual braid, she went outside into the rain, righted her bike, then rode off towards Emma's house.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:48:01 PM
Shaymin

Liam always has plain mornings, he gets up, does his hair and sometimes has cereal. Today it was only a tid bit different because he thought he had to sneak out of his bed to prevent waking Marissa, she wasn't there. When he got up he found he playing with Tsulo in the living room. "What are you doing?" Liam said with a little surprise. "Kitten likes to play with me." She said. "Kitten? His name is Tsulo and He is coming with me." Liam walked over and put the Sandshrew into his arms. Marissa seemed to under stand where he was coming from. "Liam, where are you going?" He sat down by her and brushed her hair. "Now where far," He said in a hushed tone, "just a friends place. I won't be too long. Now please don't let anyone know about Tsulo, or Kitten." He nodded and frowned when he left.
Liam found it easier to go a different path this time. One that avoided crossing the parks path. This time he went past a scorched apartment building. He had heard his dad's TV last night saying something about it. The walls are thin in his house so it is easy to hear other people. There was also something about a pokemon that is called Growlithe. As he was past the scorched place and not far after that he thought he say Liselle on her bike. "Liselle!" He yelled at her.
Old May 1, 2012, 03:50:34 PM
Landorus

Liselle turned her head quickly when she heard her name, then smiled as she saw Liam. She turned her bike and rode up to him. "Good morning Liam," She greeted cheerfully, "How's it going?"
Old May 1, 2012, 04:00:48 PM
Shaymin

"That's weird that we met up again!" He said jogged in pace with the bike. "I am good, slept well. You?"
Old May 1, 2012, 05:39:37 PM
Shaymin

Emma slowly reared her head from the cover of her comforter. Stretching and getting up, Emma changed and headed out the door to go eat. Jakey, her older cousin, rarbleely ever had food readily available dues do his and her food allergies. Emma heard about a good resturaunt about two blocks from Jakey's apartment. Suddenly Emma noticed something floating about. "Drifloon?"
Old May 1, 2012, 06:01:53 PM
Kyurem

While at a red light, Jon noticed Liselle and Liam pass them. He unstrapped, and said to Lizzie, "I'll be right back. Keep floating in the area, in the general direction of Emma's flat." Without waiting for a reply, he got out of the car and closed the door.
"Hey," he said to Liselle and Liam, "Didn't expect to see you two around."
Old May 1, 2012, 06:34:00 PM
Regigigas

After taking care of all of his pre-day procedures, Sol walked out of his room and headed down the hall toward the elevator. It took him a couple seconds to finally noticed that there were some people watching him carefully. Looking around, a couple of his new classmates, as it were, had noticed his two new partners.
Oooh, crap...Yeah, maybe I should explain something...
"...Is there a problem, guys?"
One of the students rolled his eyes and spoke with quite a brutally candid tone. "There's a candle with a face on your shoulder, and a floating ball of gas, what the **** do you think?"
Overcome by a sudden mix of panic and frustration with these people, Sol snapped back "Hey, if you don't know what these even are, maybe you should learn a little bit about 'em, 'cause they're comin' pretty fast, eh?" GOD DAMN IT MY ACCENT IS BACK!
Sol walked away without a word toward the elevator, and was a little surprised to hear no response. As the door closed and the elevator approached the ground floor, however, both Xaamn and the Ghastly looked somewhat downtrodden.
"What's wrong...?" Sol asked the two. At that point, Xaamn simply put his hand to Sol's head, and Sol suddenly heard everything going on in the hall where he just was.
Laughter. They seemed to disregard the fact that Pokemon had for whatever ungodly reason arrived in this world for the fact that they were in the presence of an easily angered Canadian.
Nights and mornings, Sol. That's all you have to spend there, nights and mornings...

(QUICK NOTE: If you guys could disable the signature for your posts from after this one on, it would probably make scrolling through the story much easier if you need updates.)

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; May 1, 2012 at 06:42:37 PM.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:46:44 PM
Shaymin

Emma shook her head and went off to the restaurant to eat. She was completely unaware the drifloon was following her. It wasn't until she had reached the restaurant di a child ask if he could have her ballon. "Sorry, sonny. It's mine." she sat down and started thinking about her new friend. "Kaoka?" Drifloon closed his eyes in agreemennt. "Kaoka."
Old May 1, 2012, 07:12:11 PM
Landorus

"I slept alright myself, thanks," Liselle replied to Liam, "Glad to hear you did as well. Oh, hi Jon!" She greeted as Jonathan came up as well.

(Good idea, Syra.)
Old May 2, 2012, 03:07:29 PM
Shaymin

Liam smiled at the thanks. "I didn't think this could get any more coincidental! 3 of us just meeting like this."

Last edited by teamplasma; May 2, 2012 at 03:07:48 PM.
Old May 2, 2012, 05:36:49 PM
Kyurem

"Hey, you're the only people I know who know what they're doing. Off to Emma's as well?"
Old May 2, 2012, 05:41:06 PM
Shaymin

"I was I didn't quite ask Liselle... So? Are you?"
Old May 2, 2012, 05:56:59 PM
Landorus

"I am, yeah," Liselle nodded, "I was going to take a bit of a detour; I was going to see if it was faster. And.. well, I was also going to try and stay off the street the burned apartment building was on." She said with a small smile, "That sort of thing always made me a little scared, though I'm not really sure why." This was true, though it wasn't everything, of course.
Old May 2, 2012, 06:03:10 PM
Shaymin

"I have plenty of time, and I don't mind spending it, so I will tag along."
Old May 2, 2012, 06:10:18 PM
Shaymin

Emma finished up eating when her cell vibrated. It happened to be Jakey, who ironically worked at the same school Sol was attending. Emma hurried down the street with Kaoka toward the institution. Emma, as she arrived, happened to run into Sol. "What's wrong bloke?" Emma still never caught his name.
Old May 2, 2012, 06:29:34 PM
Kyurem

Something came up behind Jon, Liam, and Liselle. Jon was hit by it in the back of the head and fell to the ground. It was Giratina, somehow in its Altered Forme, being chased by Lucario, and before anyone could interfere they were effectively gone.

Jon rolled onto his back. "Augh, god, what the hell was that?!"

Last edited by NismoZ; May 2, 2012 at 06:29:48 PM.
Old May 2, 2012, 06:36:34 PM
Landorus

Liselle stumbled back, almost tripping over her bike in the process. "That was Giritina," She said, wide eyed, "Lucario was chasing it. I didn't see which way they went." She knelt down next to Jon, "Are you alright? I didn't see where he hit you."
Old May 2, 2012, 07:01:56 PM
Kyurem

Jon got up and rubbed his forehead where he landed on it. "Yeah... I'm fine."

Last edited by NismoZ; May 2, 2012 at 07:02:19 PM.
Old May 2, 2012, 07:35:12 PM
Regigigas

Sol, in a frustrated haze, was mostly keeping to himself when he was snapped out of said phase by a familiar sounding girl's voice. "Uh, it's Sol..." he droned off trying to think if he should tell this girl about what happened to him last night and this morning. Deciding after a moment of consideration to let it go for now, he realized that he hadn't learned this girl's name. "Eh, and you are...?"
Old May 2, 2012, 07:50:37 PM
Shaymin

"Emma. And you, bloke, are you okay? You seem down, Mr....?" Emma smiled at the way their accents sounded different. Drifloon came behind her. "Oh hey Kaoka." She smiled and turn her attention back to Sol.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:58:26 PM
Shaymin

"MOTHER OF PEARL!" Liam flew when they swooshed by. He readjusted his beanie. But what really mattered was the man on the ground.

"Wow, it looks like it hit hard." Liam knew nothing about this kind of stuff. "I wonder how he found him."
Old May 3, 2012, 06:03:35 PM
Regigigas

"Kaoka, eh?" Sol tried to direct the attention off of his mood, although the ghost-type Drifloon in front of him reminded him of his Ghastly. Looking around a couple moments, he saw her being his shoulder, and decided he may as well make an introduction. "Oh, by the way, I came across this here last night. I'm calling her...Kyomi" He declared on the spot, and seeing Kyomi's satisfaction with her new name, he assumed he'd done well.
Old May 3, 2012, 06:19:10 PM
Shaymin

"Kyomi is really cool, Sol. By the way, you wouldn't happen to know where the chemistry lab is, would you, mate?" Emma looked around where she happened to be. She noticed the size of the coridor she was in. "I get lost easily."
Old May 3, 2012, 07:18:53 PM
Kyurem

Giratina turned around and started flying back towards Jon, Leselle, and Liam. However, upon receiving a direct hit from Lucario, it fell to the ground--only about ten yards from them.

Last edited by NismoZ; May 3, 2012 at 07:19:33 PM.
Old May 4, 2012, 06:56:00 AM
Shaymin

Liam couldn't resist and ran closer, about dropping Tsulo, who didn't get hurt in the previous encounter. He was only about 5 feet from Giratina, with a Lucario pinning it to the ground to the best of it's ability. To Liam, Lucario looked strong, yet about to give out. But so did Giratina. Liam stepped back again a few feet because something was bound to happen.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:03:59 PM
Kyurem

A news helicopter came overhead, like it had been following them for some time. Giratina finally broke Lucario's grip, and Lucario was sent backwards into the window of a nearby building, taking him out. Giratina tried to fly away, but it didn't have the energy. It crashed down inches from hitting Liam.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:48:34 PM
Shaymin

Liam's nimble body flew when Giratina impacted the street. Liam slammed on his back and he was flowing with terrible pain. From head to toe he was hurting, bad. He lied in on his back the middle of the street, body flat, vision blurry. He couldn't take it and he screamed in pain...Really loudly.
Old May 4, 2012, 05:54:55 PM
Landorus

When Giratina hit the ground for the second time, Liselle did trip over her bike as she was attempting to back up. She sat up slowly, untangling herself from the metal frame as she looked around. She looked towards the still struggling Giratina, the window where Lucario had flown through, and then at Liam, who was screaming in pain. She knew she had to do something, but she was so shocked, she couldn't make herself move. Then she registered the sound of sirens, still a ways off, but coming closer. Please, please let that be an ambulance...
Old May 4, 2012, 06:28:43 PM
Kyurem

Sure enough, it was an ambulance and two police cars. Jon looked at his hand that he was rubbing his forehead with and noticed there was blood on it. "God damn..."
Old May 4, 2012, 06:37:12 PM
Regigigas

"Uh...I just got in England yesterday. I'm not the one you want to ask." Sol replied to Emma a little dryly.

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; May 4, 2012 at 06:42:27 PM.
Old May 4, 2012, 07:04:15 PM
Shaymin

Liam couldn't comprehend sirens at the time. Again it was the pain in his back. He must have landed on it really strange or somethings. Liam had a loud ringing in his ear, and a horrid taste in his mouth. Probably blood. He was beat up bad and it was all because he walked to close to the pokemon.

Where is my bag?

He didn't even know where Tsulo was or what condition he was in until he ran up to him and put his from to paws on his chest.

Glad I have feeling. Liam thought snidely.

He yelled once more to reclaim the attention. He thought that he was seriously hurt, but he couldn't determine that right with what was given. He spat slightly to the side to get the repulsive taste off his tongue. As the sirens got louder to Liam more relief flushed his body.
Old May 4, 2012, 07:05:02 PM
Shaymin

"It's fine." Emma pulled her cell out and redialed Jakey. A few seconds passed before Emma spoke again. "Jakob, where is this lab?" Again a few seconds, and Emma promptly hung up her phone. "So where did you say you were from before?" Emma glanced around the hall looking for signs to Jakey's lab.
Old May 5, 2012, 04:18:33 PM
Kyurem

Two medics came from the ambulance, while the police officers focused on Giratina and Lucario. The medics got Liam in the back of the ambulance, and meanwhile one of them fixed up Jon. "We'll have to go to the hospital for the other one," one of them said to Liselle and Jon, "He'll be okay; we just can't do anything on the spot."
Old May 5, 2012, 06:04:07 PM
Shaymin

Liam lied there hurting until he was haled off. Being lifted into the white truck brought even more discomfort. Well discomfort is an understatement. Moving established so much pain that he screamed, and fainted. The world fell silent.

(I just wanted y'all to know that I will post when it is time. I think that will be when I wake up from a coma in the hospital.)
Old May 5, 2012, 06:36:23 PM
Regigigas

"Canada. I'm studying abroad to learn about international culture or however it is they described...You hear sirens?" Sol looked behind him and saw an ambulance race past him toward where he assumed the hospital would be. "Huh...Emma...can you contact any of the others we met earlier...?"
Old May 5, 2012, 07:01:41 PM
Shaymin

"No. I apologize." Emma looked at the directions of the sirens. "You think one of them's hurt?" Suddenly she clenched up in fear, but then eased down. "I hope not."
Old May 5, 2012, 10:22:02 PM
Landorus

Liselle nodded in reply to the medic's words, then watched as the ambulance sped away, its sirens wailing. She stared off in that direction for a time, her face lined with worry, then looked at Jon. "I'm going to go to the hospital to make sure he's okay," She said, "I know a shortcut from here, it shouldn't take me too long on my bike." She looked at the bandage wrapped around his head to cover the gash there'd been when Giratina had hit him, "Will you be okay on your own?"
Old May 6, 2012, 04:33:30 AM
Kyurem

"Yeah. I'll be fine."
Old May 6, 2012, 10:33:25 AM
Landorus

Liselle nodded, righting her bike, "I'll head to Emma's house when I'm done," She said, swinging her leg over, "I'll meet you there." Then she pushed off, turning onto the nearby street.
She followed that for a time, careful to keep out of the way of people on foot, then she turned into an alley between two large brick buildings. As she pedaled down the path, she thought about the events of the past few days. She had met a group of people the day before, and, even though she hardly knew them, she still felt a certain closeness to them; not just to Liam or Jon, but all of them. She thought about Sol and Emma, and wondered what they were doing now. Hopefully not in the middle of anything like we were just in. She thought.
She was so deep in her own thoughts, that she didn't even notice the little, puppy-like Pokemon curled up in the middle of the street until she was practically on top of it. The little thing yelped loudly, and Liselle instinctively slammed on the brakes, looking around quickly. The Pokemon, which she could now see was a Lillipup, had darted quickly to the side of the alleyway, looking frightened. "Sorry," Liselle apologized quickly, "I should have been paying more attention." She bent down and reached out, holding her hand out to it. It hesitantly came closer, sniffing the hand for a moment, then licked it and barked cheerfully. Liselle smiled and scratched the little thing's ears for a moment, then straightened. "Sorry about that." She apologized again, then pushed on again.
After a moment, however, she heard the sound of footsteps behind her. When she looked over her shoulder, she saw the Lillipup running after her. Somehow, she knew it wasn't going to leave her alone. She stopped her bike, then swung off and turned to face the little Puppy Pokemon. It stopped, seeming to wonder if it had done something wrong. She smiled and bent down, holding her arms out, "Here," She said, "I still have a ways to go, and you'll get tired before we get there if you run the whole way." The Lillipup barked happily, jumping up into her arms and licking her face. She laughed, scratching it's ears again before putting it in the small basket on the front of her bike. Then she got on again and took off, riding on again to the hospital.
Old May 6, 2012, 11:00:06 AM
Kyurem

Jon pulled out his mobile phone and dialed a number. "Lizz? Hi. There's gonna be a bit of a delay. Yeah, umm--Yeah, I'll explain when we see each other at Emma's flat. Okay, bye." He hung up, and started walking again.
Old May 6, 2012, 11:38:41 AM
Shaymin

(NOTE: Hey, SEP, could you please, when you get to the hospital ask about my Tsulo. I just think that they wouldn't leave him alone in the room with a guy in a coma. So thanks.)
Old May 6, 2012, 12:33:22 PM
Landorus

(Yeah, no problem.)

Liselle rode up to the front of the hospital, panting slightly from how fast she'd been going. She got off and chained her bike to a post, then looked at the Lillipup in the basket, "I'll be back soon, alright?" She said. Lillipup barked reassuringly and wagged its tail. She smiled and nodded, then went inside. The lobby seemed fairly quiet, but the hall in the back of the room was alive with doctors and nurses going from room to room. Liselle moved quickly to the front desk.
"Seems pretty busy today," She noted conversationally to the desk clerk,
"You have no idea," The clerk, a woman with short, chocolate-brown hair replied, "With all of these creatures running around, it's just been one thing after another. I have concerned friends and family coming in every other minute asking for directions to their loved ones." She sighed, then looked at Liselle, "Were you looking for someone?"
"Yes, Liam..." The girl trailed off, realizing that she didn't know Liam's last name, "Well, Liam. He would've just come in I think."
The clerk checked her monitor a moment, looking over something Liselle couldn't see. "A Liam Killman came in not too long ago. He's fine at the moment, but he's still unconscious. This seems to say it could possibly be a coma, but it's a little too early to tell right now. I'm afraid only family can see him right now; we contacted his mother a few minutes ago, but she hasn't come yet."
"Thank you." Liselle replied, relieved that he was still alive, at least. She started to turn, then remembered something, "Oh, there was a Pokemon called Sandshrew with him; it's name is Tsulo. Do you know where it's at?"
The clerk frowned, "I believe Nurse Thalia is taking care of it; the doctors didn't want it alone with the boy. It put up quite a fight when they tried to take it away by force, though Thalia calmed it down somehow. She's in the nurses' office now; I can have someone take you."
"Thanks, but I know the way." Liselle declined; Nurae Thalia had been her nurse when she'd broken her arm a couple of months back. They'd been good friends. "Thank you very much for your help!" She said to the clerk, then went down into the hall.
It took her a little longer than usual to reach the office, what with everyone running around her, but eventually she reached the right door. When she knocked, a familiar face answered the door.
"Oh, Liselle!" Nurse Thalia exclaimed, opening the door wider, "Come in, it's so nice to see you!"
"It's nice to see you, too, Thalia." Liselle smiled, entering the room.
Nurse Thalia was a tall woman, a whole head taller than Liselle, with jet black hair jelled up into spikes. Her smile was one of those that always looked impish, as if she knew something funny. "What brings you here?" She asked, going to one corner of the room.
"Actually, I was told you were watching after a Sandshrew," The girl replied, "He belongs to a friend of mine that was brought here not too long ago; his name is Tsulo. Is he here?"
"Yeup," Thalia said, picking up something Liselle couldn't see and turning to face her. She was holding Tsulo in her arms.

(You'll have to play him, Plasma; he's your character.)
Old May 6, 2012, 03:10:28 PM
Shaymin

Tsulo:
Tsulo was elated to be in the arms of a trusted one. "Sa-sand" He said. But it pokemon-talk it probably, "meant thank arceus you are here!" Tsulo politely settled into Liselles arms and waited to travel to the destination that she was going in.

Kate Killman:
When Kate entered the hospital she already had a headache so she wouldn't tolerate this ruckus. She started walking down the hallways until she noticed that she didn't know the location of his room. Kate felt foolish and naive. She leaned on the wall and put her hands on her forehead. She was just so stressed, she didn't know what to do. She was so bedraggled. She lifted her face from her palms. Then she saw a young female walking down the way that she was looking at. She was holding a Sandshrew like Marissa had told her about today. She went up to her, "Excuse me is that Sand... Uh... Shrew named... I think Tsulo?"
Old May 6, 2012, 05:18:34 PM
Landorus

Liselle smiled and gently took the Sandshrew from Thalia. "Thanks," She said to the Nurse, "I wish I could stay longer. I'll try and visit again soon."
"Alright honey," Thalia said, giving Liselle a quick hug and showing her to the door, "I'll give your Aunt's home number a call when you can see Liam, alright?"
"Thanks," Liselle said gratefully, though also very surprised, "but how'd you know where to call?"
"I don't live under a rock, Liselle; I heard the news last night. I figured that'd be where you and your parents would be staying."
"You guess well." Liselle said with a smile, then she waved and hurried down the hall, "Bye Thalia! Thanks again!"
Thalia waved back, then closed the door to the office quietly.
Liselle stayed close to the wall as she moved down the busy hallway, trying to keep out of the way. She held Tsulo close as she moved, not wanting to lose him.
As she reached the end of the hall, however, a woman walked up to her. "Excuse me is that Sand... Uh... Shrew named... I think Tsulo?"
"Yeah, it is," Liselle replied, surprised "Do you know it?"

Last edited by SpikyEaredPichu96; May 6, 2012 at 05:38:29 PM.
Old May 6, 2012, 05:30:42 PM
Shaymin

Kate Killman

"That's my sons. I am here to see him. Where is he? What happened?"
Old May 6, 2012, 05:38:05 PM
Landorus

(Oh, I thought it was one of his sisters. My bad. X3)

"I'm not sure where he is," Liselle replied, wishing she could be a little more helpful, "I think you'll have to ask the desk clerk."
Old May 6, 2012, 05:42:08 PM
Shaymin

Kate's kids: Liam, Tammi, Andy, Alec, Marissa, and Sid

Kate Killman
"Mind if I ask how you know Liam?"

Last edited by teamplasma; May 6, 2012 at 05:42:44 PM.
Old May 6, 2012, 05:49:30 PM
Landorus

"We met yesterday, along with some others. We were all talking about the Pokemon that were appearing. We were headed out to talk with these friends again, but there was a fight between two Pokemon, and one of them was really big.. Liam got a little too close, and when the Pokemon hit the ground, the force of the impact was enough to fling him away. The medics said he would be fine, but I was told he's still unconscious. That's all I know, I'm afraid."
Old May 6, 2012, 06:14:44 PM
Shaymin

Liam woke up, foggy-eyed. He was in a white room with tints of metallic blue machinery. The trim in the room was baby blue; Just like Sid's eyes. Liam tried to sit up but a quick pinch riveted his attention. "What was that?" His hoarse, dry voice said. "Where am I?" He finished.

Kate
"Oh." Kate gasped. "That is terrible." A tear crawled out of her eye like a bug, big and slow. "Would you like to come with? It sounds to me like you are the best of a friend he has a...?" Then she was cut off when a stiff backed boy came out of a room at the very end of the hall. "Liam is that you?" It was hopeful but she thought that it wasn't a good event to hope on. He was walking the other way at first so his bare butt was facing Liselle and Kate.

How embarrassing. She thought.

Liam
Liam was completely dazed and could barely see a few foot in front of him. He felt numb at this point. He couldn't tell he was wearing a rob until he felt naked. "Who is that?" He said his voice still scratchy from the lack of liquid.
Old May 6, 2012, 06:24:48 PM
Landorus

Liselle turned when Kate caught sight of Liam. She saw him almost immediately; he looked dazed, and still pretty hurt. "Something tells me he shouldn't be out of bed yet." She noted, absently shifting Tsulo a bit in her arms. She took a couple of steps forward, focusing on his head when he was turned the other way. "Liam?" She called, her voice gentle, but hopefully loud enough for him to hear.
Old May 6, 2012, 07:00:30 PM
Shaymin

Liam circled himself. "Who is that." He made anothrr circle in the opposite directikn. "I am hearing things."
Old May 6, 2012, 07:02:44 PM
Landorus

This time, Liselle walked all the way up to him and gently touched his arm, half afraid that she might hurt him without meaning to. "Liam, it's me; Liselle."
Old May 6, 2012, 07:17:43 PM
Shaymin

Relief enveloped him. Finally someone he knew. "Where am I? Why am I here?" He said. She was barely in his view. His mother advanced towards him. "Liam, it is your mother."
Old May 6, 2012, 07:23:35 PM
Landorus

"You're at the hospital," Liselle replied, keeping her voice gentle and calm, "Your Mother's here, too. You got too close to Giratina when he fell, remember?" She looked at him carefully, "You should get back in bed, Liam; you're still really hurt."
Old May 7, 2012, 02:09:00 PM
Shaymin

Liam turned to the figure that must have been his mother. "Hi mommy!" He cheered, then laughed. Liam turned his whole body to Liselle. "I know I am hurt, my back is still and I have a ring in my ears." He said without thinking. Some medicine that they gave him must have put him in this extremely dazed state. He was sleep walking, but awake. If that make sense. In other words, he was basically sleep walking with only partial awareness. And the part that was awake wasn't too strong.

"Well I don't know where you think my bed is but it is at my house." The slur-voiced teen says. Then he cackled with hysteria. A non-stop, high-on-life, manner. "You don..don't know how funny I'm." He said with more cackles. He stumbled then and didn't know who he fell into, but it was probably his mom. Yet he couldn't tell. Then he fell into the wall and claimed, "When did this get here?" He turned to the others and giggled some more. now getting tears in his eyes.
Old May 7, 2012, 03:17:35 PM
Landorus

"Yes, you're hilarious," Liselle said, feeling just a bit more concerned than amused at the moment. What kind of medicine did they give him? She kept her voice calm, however, "They have a bid here you can use, you know. It's in here," She placed her hand lightly on his arm again, and tried to gently turn him towards the room he'd just left.