Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 24, 2009, 09:17:01 PM
Regigigas

Default The Book of Arceus

This is a quirky and fairly long-term project I've been working on: a Book of Origin that recounts the creation of the world by Arceus, dubbed the Book of Arceus. I decided to write this after some friends remarked that the concept of a Pokémon-centric religion was "interesting" and insisted that I write it. So far, I have about four chapters completed, with revision pending. I write the Book with two basic rules in mind:

1. The Book will for the most part follow the games' canon to the best of its ability. This includes flavor material such as the books from D/P's library. I will also incorporate elements of the anime as appropriate, although I have not followed it closely of late. Embellishments, of course, are necessary to make it entertaining. And many parts will be completely made up, although they will not directly contradict the game canon where possible.

2. It is written in Old English, since it is the 'traditional version.' Technically, this is Early Modern English. It is written loosely in the style of the King James Bible.

An excerpt:

Chapter I
Time, Space, and Spirit

"First naught was. First time and space naught were, first ere all things a spaceless nothing, existing, yet not discernible. Forth from the darkness came two Eggs, not because of the darkness nor of the darkness, but apart from yet within it. And they were the Good Egg and the Bad Egg. And Arceus from the Good Egg hatched. And Arceus saw the void, and solely He discerned it. And Arceus created into being time and space, and Arceus created into being Dialga and Palkia. And they were of and within time and space. And Arceus spake, May govern henceforth time Dialga, and space Palkia: and it was so. And Palkia expanded space; and Dialga sped time. And after a great time within space matter existed, and time beat smoothly. When their work was finished, the Bad Egg hatched, from which came the formless force of discord, the numberless agent of strife. And Arceus alone discerned it. Came it upon Dialga and Palkia, and within them grew unrest. Forthwith battled they, and chaos descended upon time and space; and the universe grew unstable, and begin to twist and bend; and time sped wildly. And Arceus alone discerned chaos. And Arceus created into being three spirits, and they were called Uxie, and Mesprit, and Azelf. And Arceus spake, Henceforth shall be the powers of intellect, and of emotion, and of willpower incarnate; May Uxie embody intellect, and Mesprit emotion, and Azelf willpower; And let possess these gifts no other unless by the spirits’ blessing they be given; and it was so. And Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf bestowed the powers of intellect and emotion and willpower unto Dialga and Palkia. And the three spirits formed a triangle; and were placed within it Dialga and Palkia; and they were calmed: thenceforth, the resting heartbeat of Dialga driveth the natural flow of time, and of Palkia, the natural expansion of space. And the universe was at rest."

I'll post more when I'm ready to share it. For now, any thoughts on improvements or suggestions for writing more? I am still debating whether to specifically name MissingNo in the book.
Old November 24, 2009, 09:49:20 PM
Administrator

Default Re: The Book of Arceus

I saw the preview longer version, and from what I read, it's lookin' sweet! 8)
Old November 25, 2009, 07:29:20 AM
Administrator

Lookin good!
Old November 25, 2009, 07:57:27 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLiquid
I am still debating whether to specifically name MissingNo in the book.
Don't obviously say 'Missingno.', but hint at it. I dunno how though
Old November 25, 2009, 08:19:16 AM
Administrator

How about something like "the one whose existence is questionable, that references to it lack an encyclopedic number", or something of the sort?
Old November 27, 2009, 07:10:03 AM
Zoroark

I like this idea and support it a 110%. I hope you continue this and I agree with Cat's hint towards MissingNo even though it was Ningamer's idea I like how Cat placed it.
Old November 29, 2009, 07:26:58 PM
Regigigas

A slight revision to Chapter 1. More hints about MissingNo are added without any direct references:

Chapter I
Time, Space, and Spirit
"First naught was. First time and space naught were, first ere all things a spaceless nothing, existing, yet not discernible. Forth from the darkness came two Eggs, not because of the darkness nor of the darkness, but apart from yet within it. And they were the Good Egg and the Bad Egg. And Arceus from the Good Egg hatched. And Arceus saw the void, and solely He discerned it. And Arceus created into being time and space, and Arceus created into being Dialga and Palkia. And they were of and within time and space. And Arceus spake, May govern henceforth time Dialga, and space Palkia: and it was so. And Palkia expanded space; and Dialga sped time. And after a great time within space matter existed, and time beat smoothly. When their work was finished, the Bad Egg hatched, from which came the formless and innumerable force of discord, the numberless agent of strife. And Arceus alone discerned it, for its existence could not be confirmed nor quantified by mortal eye. Came it upon Dialga and Palkia, and within them grew unrest. Forthwith battled they, and chaos descended upon time and space; and the universe grew unstable, and begin to twist and bend; and time sped wildly. And Arceus alone discerned chaos. And Arceus created into being three spirits, and they were called Uxie, and Mesprit, and Azelf. And Arceus spake, Henceforth shall be the powers of intellect, and of emotion, and of willpower incarnate; May Uxie embody intellect, and Mesprit emotion, and Azelf willpower; And let possess these gifts no other unless by the spirits’ blessing they be given; and it was so. And Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf bestowed the powers of intellect and emotion and willpower unto Dialga and Palkia. And the three spirits formed a triangle; and were placed within it Dialga and Palkia; and they were calmed: thenceforth, the resting heartbeat of Dialga driveth the natural flow of time, and of Palkia, the natural expansion of space. And the universe was at rest."

And a second chapter, for the time being. I think I want to write in Rayquaza here, but I'm not sure where:

Chapter II
The Elements and Earth
"At that time the universe was filled only with formless mass. Arceus saw this, and gathered the shards of the Good Egg together, which numbered seven and ten. And Arceus infused in them the powers of nature, and named them the elements; and they were called Normal, and Fighting, and Flying, and Grass, and Fire, and Water, and Rock, and Ground, and Electric, and Ice, and Poison, and Bug, and Dragon, and Ghost, and Psychic, and Dark, and Steel; they became the plates. And formed he them into a single sphere which was called Earth. And comprised they Earth, yet their collection was also in chaos; for order had visited not yet upon them, and they were not organized, and bled together in disarray. Arceus discerned this; and created He Kyogre and Groudon. And said He unto them, Get thee to Earth, and divide the elements amongst the world; and let Kyogre shape the seas; and let Groudon build the land. And thither sped they, and they began to shape the world. And through their work were formed the mountains, and the skies, and the seas, and the forests, and all the plants of the Earth. Over many years toiled they, until their task was done and the elements were organized into complete harmony; and it was good. But at that time strife came upon them, and within them grew unrest. Forthwith battled they, and the continents shifted upon the face of the Earth; and the volcanoes spewed forth horrendous torrents of lava, and the seas waves of monstrous height. And Arceus brought forth from empty space two perfect spheres, and they were called the Orbs. And through the Orbs were the souls of Kyogre and Groudon calmed; and Arceus laid them beneath the oceans and rocks below the oceans, where thenceforth slept they. And placed the orbs He upon Mt. Pyre; and it became sacred above all other places on the Earth."
Old November 29, 2009, 10:31:44 PM
Administrator

I absolutely love the classic writing style you use in this.
Old November 30, 2009, 06:41:09 PM
Regigigas

The third chapter. There's something in how this one reads that I don't care for, so I'll probably revise it soon:

Chapter III
The Origin of Pokémon
"And Arceus created two new Pokémon and called them Mew. And spake He: Get thee to Earth, and prepare the way for me that I may survey my creation; and let from that place an eye of glass seek to the stars that the sight of the world be held upturned toward its guardian and creator. And thither sped they. Traversed they the Earth and its constituent parts. And when they had finished, they went forth to a high place and prepared for Arceus a hall of welcome; thenceforth would it be known as the Hall of Origin. Consisted it of many columns of flawless marble, and of a shimmering glass roof through which shone the sun; in its center was set a square pedestal. And Arceus descended there and set foot upon the Earth. Arceus spake: Thou art Pokémon. Thou shalt have this world as thy dwelling; thy souls wilt command the elements. Get thee hence and reproduce; create a multitude of Pokémon that shall embody all of the elements. And when an eon passes hither I shall return; and again I shall survey my creation. And Arceus departed from the Hall of Origin. Thence the Mew went, and they reproduced and birthed over generations the great multitude of Pokémon. The Pokémon filled the world, and embodied all of the elements. And after a great time, Arceus returned to the Hall of Origin: and all the Pokémon of the world had gathered to hear him."
Old December 4, 2009, 10:16:19 PM
Volcarona

I've never known someone to use a writing style such as this. It is different and I would like to read more.
Old December 4, 2009, 10:56:06 PM
Rayquaza

I like all the three chapters and the way you are writing in. I have read many Shakespearean plays and it seems that you are writing in the same old style. Good job!
Old December 5, 2009, 08:25:36 AM
Giratina

Although your style makes it slight;y hard for me to fully understand, I still like the plot.
Old December 11, 2009, 08:51:33 PM
Regigigas

This is probably one of the more important chapters, and I'll therefore likely return to it multiple times to make revisions. Until then, it reads thus:

Chapter IV
The Origin of Man
"Millennia later, Arceus returned to the Hall of Origin. At that time, a great shockwave tore the farthest stars, and the shards of the Bad Egg made path towards Earth. Fell they to Earth about the Hall, and took they upon the Earth the form of Man, born of the shards of chaos: it was not Pokémon. Had Man an eye attuned to chaos, for of it Man was created. Arceus discerned its every attribute. And Arceus spake of Man to Pokémon: This is Man, the agent of change. Thou shalt share the Earth with Man; above all else must thou love each other. Let his joys be thy joys, let his pains by thy pains, let his wisdom and thine be one and thy companionship mutual henceforth and forever. Then Arceus created before all Pokémon a figure: a pair of concentric circles, the larger alone split in twain endlong. Spake He: this is my Sign: henceforth before it thou shalt answer solely, unless called by me. Before this Sign show reverence, yet let no other force restrain thee. Having said this, Arceus spake to Man: this is my Sign; be it unto thee my blessing. Put it as a seal upon thy dwelling place, and on thy body, and on thy apparel, and upon all things thou callest thine. As thou remember this, Pokémon shall dwell with thee; but as thou forget it, against thee they shall rebel. And mark well my command unto thee: Strike not thy kin, nor deprive him of life or of possession. All art thy kin; extend camaraderie to all humankind. Spoil not the Earth, nor defile its elements. In all things seek its enrichment; seek its blessings, yet maintain its ability to bless. Weep not in sorrow, nor give thy anger form, lest the agent of strife come upon thee. Place not any Pokémon above me in reverence, nor any symbol above my Sign. As thou obey me, thou wilt have my blessing, but as thou disobey, thou wilt surely perish from this Earth. And know too this: Thou art not Pokémon. Thou art not agents of nature; to nature hast thou soul no bind. Therefore know that in all thy thought and machination thy harness of nature shall never match Pokémon, nor shalt Pokémon under thy power exceed the strength of those unconstrained. Thou shalt discern nothing as I am able, nor in thee shall reside perfected spirit. Know well these things; pass on thy knowledge to thy kin, and to thy kin’s kin. Let these advices from thy minds departeth not, and verily thou wilt be met with fortune. Having spake to Man and Pokémon, Arceus went thence, and for an age Man and Pokémon dwelled together and lived fruitfully."

In particular, I question if it is appropriate to dub man the "agent of change," since nature can change itself. At any rate, I have revised the first three chapters, and I will post their newer drafts soon.

Please, let me know if there is anything in the wording you particularly like or dislike, especially in use of alliteration, which I've employed in this chapter to aid in the flow of what are honestly fairly complex sentences. If it's a danger to comprehension, I'd like to remove it sooner rather than later.
Old December 12, 2009, 02:41:37 AM
Rayquaza

Good chapter. It is an interesting one. I expect more...
Old December 12, 2009, 01:40:09 PM
Administrator

The epicness...Arceus would be so proud of you.
Old December 12, 2009, 10:33:35 PM
Regigigas

Chapter V
The First Age and The Fruit of Judgment
"In the first age of Man and Pokémon, by the Sign of Arceus gathered Man the gifts of Pokémon: of Fighting corporeal strength, of Flying auspicious winds, of Grass the bounty of harvest, of Fire heat's vivacity, of Water nourishment, of Rock stone domiciles, of Ground rich soil and firm foundation, of Electric lights of air, of Ice preservation, of Poison the herbs of healing, of Bug the agents of pollination, of Dragon the mastery of weather, of Ghost past sight and boundless transport, of Psychic communion of soul, of Dark the agents of night and moon's rays, of Steel the tools of humankind. Man reproduced and spread across the whole of Earth, in unity with Pokémon and nature; gathered they by groups into villages and towns. The blessed in spirit became leaders, yet always was there peace between Man and Pokémon, and in that time no politic drove Man in arms against his kin. The focus of Man remained on life and love. Yet even across this age the agent of strife increased in strength, for in its expansion humanity forgot the words and Hall of Arceus. In that time the Seal of Arceus became a tool, stripped of value and reverence. Despite these things the peace of the first age continued until, in a region far from the Hall of Origin, the agent of strife came upon a place called Rota.

It was a place guarded and walled by the valleys of the Earth itself, a place of slightest bounty and remote from nature. In Rota, two large groups of Man rose up, each in contest against the other; driven were they by grief, sorrow, and strife. Arceus discerned this, and sent to that place as His agent a Mew, of the first of the Earth. And as His agent came upon that place, the foremost blow of battle was struck. The Mew descended and through it Arceus spake: Fight not, nor strike against thy own kin: for human hand must work not human body, but for its sake acquire the fruits of Earth. When had spake Arceus, His agent Mew let fall a single sacred seed to Earth, and from it in an instant sprung a tree roots immense which penetrated to the heart of Earth, and from it drew the pow'r of life and element. Therefore was it sacred, and its fruit dubbed Apricorn. In that moment the factions of Man were calmed to peace, and praised Arceus for His gift. Those two that led their kin to strife took up a penance; picked they the foremost fruit of the sacred tree, and by hand delivered it to the Hall of Origin as an offering. When they placed their fruits atop the Hall's pedestal, Arceus made known to them the judgment which had been cast in the form of Apricorn, yet forbade them ever to reveal its secret, that in its own time it would be discovered.

Great bounty came to Rota from the tree; marked it the beginning of a new prosperity in that place. Hence was it called the Tree of Beginning."

The exact nature of the judgment exacted will come up later. If I ever complete the fanfiction associated with the Book, this statement in particular will be very important. Assume then that the fruit is not wholly a blessing.
Old December 12, 2009, 11:29:04 PM
Regigigas

And for the time being, this (which will almost certainly be revised soon):

Chapter VI
The End of the First Age
"Immense cities took shape in the northern region wherein lay the Hall of Origin; it was dubbed Sinnoh. Jubilife and Veilstone were the largest of these cities called; Jubilife lay west of the Hall, and Veilstone east. In that time Veilstone lay spread from the north to south coasts of Sinnoh, encompassing in its borders the lake called Valor. It spread in size over centuries; as its prosperity grew, its inhabitants forgot the words and Hall of Arceus. In their folly built the men of Veilstone a grand temple complex honoring a Pokémon lesser to Arceus. From this project Veilstone expanded further. In its size, too, began it to engulf the sweeps of nature, until finally the agent of strife brought Pokémon against the city, that nature in that place would be preserved.

The agent of strife came upon a young man of Veilstone. From the false temple of Veilstone stole he a ceremonial sword; swore he Pokémon as his enemies, for they had come to oppose the expansion of his city. Went he to the very border of nature and commenced to smite the Pokémon that came to him by his blade. So fought he for a length of time. Seasons passed, and Pokémon disappeared from Veilstone. None would come to the city's walls; its prosperity waned. When the wanton swordsman had seen his error, he departed in search of Pokémon, that Veilstone and nature could be reconciled. He encountered none. When at last he could journey no further, one Pokémon appeared before him, and for the sake of its kind swore vengeance, that never again might violence fall on them. Even as the swordsman denounced his crime, the Pokémon made way to Veilstone, and there began the slaughter of its inhabitants. Unto the swordsman, death would not be brought: for as his punishment it was deemed meet to witness and live beyond the deaths of those he had held dear.

Knowing the fate that was being brought on Veilstone, the young man sought to the highest peak in Sinnoh, to bring petition of the city's mercy to the Hall of Origin. Upon its pedestal he stood, and shouted his repentance to the cosmos through the eye of glass. Arceus' attention fell unto him, and hearing his repentance, Arceus looked then onto Veilstone. At that time, the vengeful Pokémon traveled through the temple complex, smiting any priest that it encountered. Seeing both the temple and the massacre, Arceus fell into fury. A terrible light descended from the cosmos onto that temple; in its entirety was the temple ripped from the very Earth upon it stood, and was it torn into the very single point of impact. From that point, a fearsome wave of force shook the ends of the Earth and heavens. The foolish swordsman was released, his punishment the destruction of his precious temple and his family.

From that point forth, the spread of cities would come to odds with nature; never from that time could Man and Pokémon dwell in perfect harmony. Thus marked this time the end of the first age of Man and Pokémon. The place whereupon the wrath of Arceus came fell barren, and in time was it covered with earth and tangled brush. Its place fell away from the memory of all mankind. Yet in and from that place the shadows of all corporeal things persist; a place where all reason fails and order ceases. For its punishment, the vengeful Pokémon was thenceforth made to guard it."

Cookie to whoever can guess who the vengeful Pokémon is. Also, do you think it would be wise to call it by name within this chapter, or simply refer to it as I already have?
Old December 13, 2009, 06:12:40 AM
Rayquaza

The title is perfect so keep it.

I can't think of that Pokemon but maybe it is Lucario?
Old December 14, 2009, 05:54:54 PM
Regigigas

I'm keeping it exclusive to the Pokéverse simply because bringing other canons into the mix would only complicate things, and things can get pretty messy when universes are combined. And, to be honest, I just don't know enough about all the different Nintendo universes to keep it true to canon.
Old January 2, 2010, 07:39:53 PM
Regigigas

With the conclusion of what is the first age, I have begun work on a Book of History, which contains various happenings after the end of the first age. I'm not done with it yet, but I've begun on the one section that I have been eager to write since the beginning: the Book of Spirit. I believe there is a lot more depth in the relationships of the Lake Trio and the Space-Time duo than what might be expected of Game Freak, although it might not be intentional. The Book of Spirit explains the philosophy of considering the powers of the Lake Trio as the cause of any change in the universe:

"The Book of History
Chapter I
The Formation of Hoenn

From the first ordering of Earth by Kyogre and Groudon, the region called Sinnoh was a continent great in span. In its eastern half arose a civilization which held claim to many cities. The agent of strife came upon it. As it burgeoned, a man within it created in secret three golems, hewn from ice and rock and steel. With their power seized he the civilization, and secured its rule for himself and his offspring; he was called Regi, or ruler, as were his golems, for by their strength had he made his own. Yet the Regi were made not of Arceus, but of man; the King could not bind them to his will. Together formed the Regi another of their kind called Regigigas, which itself demanded to be made king. When he was refused, in anger Regigigas bound the whole of the kingdom to a single stretch of rope and pulled it across oceans to another clime to which the people of it were not accustomed. Chaos took them, and the King's reign fell. In desperation, the king Regi sealed the golems of his making in earthen caverns, locked for eternity. Without their presence, Regigigas' power dwindled. With its dying strength, it made its way by water back to Sinnoh, where upon arriving it turned to stone. Where it had petrified, men built a city dubbed Snowpoint. The fallen kingdom of Hoenn became itself a region, through one so placed by Regigigas' wile that it was plagued by foul storms and winds; for it had been placed near the spot where Kyogre and Groudon had made their battle long ago. In Sinnoh there remained a city torn in half by the separation of continents; it was called Canalave, and its half in Hoenn fell to ruin, years later to become Slateport.

Upon the place where the mover of continents fell, a memorial was built. It has stood across time as a warning against the defiance of what Arceus had told: that no Pokémon born of Man could be bound by His Sign.

The Book of Spirit
Chapter I
A Treatise of Spirit

Into the minds of all creatures were created three aspects of Spirit by Arceus, embodied in the forms of Uxie and Mesprit and Azelf. The spirit Uxie embodies the aspect of Knowledge; the spirit Mesprit embodies the aspect of Sensation; the spirit Azelf embodies the aspect of Volition. The Aspects of Spirit exist harmoniously to empower and enrich each other. When in the mind of any creature one Aspect does not exist, neither can Spirit. Without Knowledge, one cannot understand the means by which Volition can be carried out or Sensation responded to. Without Sensation, one can obtain no knowledge nor come to possess Volition. Without Volition, one's Sensations cannot be acted on nor Knowledge brought to use. Therefore are the mutual presences of the aspects of Spirit of paramount importance.

It is understood that the aspects of Spirit are thus the aspects of power, by which the universe may be shaped. Without Spirit, the machinations of the universe would follow only their natural course; it is the power of spirit to alter their course. Spirit alters the universe for its own sake--for the sake of Knowledge to carry out or expound what it known, for the sake of Sensation to cause or prevent stimulation, for the sake of Volition to enact one's will. In this way, Dialga and Palkia are held to rest by Uxie and Mesprit and Azelf. Yet despite the influence of Spirit on space and time, Spirit itself must abide to the reality set by space and time; the system eternally alters itself. Only from without can this system be in entirety discerned: this is the place of Arceus.

Arceus made known to Man by Pokémon that the embodiments of Spirit shall be their examplars: neither Man nor Pokémon shall surpass Uxie in Knowledge, nor Mesprit in Sensation, nor Azelf in Volition. Yet Arceus has made clear that the aspects of Spirit are gifts of these three to Man and Pokémon alike: as such can they be taken. It is said that Uxie by glance may rescind Knowledge, that Mesprit by sensation of touch may rescind Sensation, that Azelf by infliction of pain may rescind Volition.

Thus it is so; the gifts of Spirit, when combined, create the soul of any living creature. In their absence, a soul cannot exist."

Also, the second chapter has been modified in light of some dialogue in Emerald to include Rayquaza:

"Chapter II
The Elements and Earth

At that time the universe was filled only with formless mass. Arceus saw this, and gathered the shards of the Good Egg together, which numbered seven and ten. And Arceus infused in them the powers of nature, and named them the elements; and they were called Normal, and Fighting, and Flying, and Grass, and Fire, and Water, and Rock, and Ground, and Electric, and Ice, and Poison, and Bug, and Dragon, and Ghost, and Psychic, and Dark, and Steel; they became the plates. And formed he them into a single sphere which was called Earth. And comprised they Earth, yet their collection was also in chaos, for order had visited not yet upon them, and they were not structured, and bled together in disarray. Arceus discerned this; created He Kyogre and Groudon. And said He unto them, Get thee to Earth, and divide the elements amongst the world; and let Kyogre shape the seas; and let Groudon build the land. And thither sped they, and they began to shape the world. And through their work were formed the mountains, and the skies, and the seas, and the forests, and all the plants of the Earth. Over many years toiled they, until their task was done and the elements were organized into complete harmony, and order was created. But at that time strife came upon them, and within them grew unrest. Forthwith battled they, and the continents shifted upon the face of the Earth; and the volcanoes spewed forth horrendous torrents of lava, and the seas waves of monstrous height. Arceus discerned this. Created he from the winds of Earth Rayquaza, who flew to where Kyogre and Groudon held battle. Brought Rayquaza forth from empty space two perfect spheres, and they were called the Orbs. And through the Orbs were the souls of Kyogre and Groudon calmed; Arceus laid Kyogre and Groudon beneath the oceans and the rocks below the oceans, where thenceforth slept they. And placed the orbs He upon Mt. Pyre; and it became sacred above all other places on the Earth. On that place where land and sea clashed, Arceus created an immense tower, which thenceforth Rayquaza made its perch.
"

You may view the book in its present entirety at this address: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AS...M3ejJyNQ&hl=en
Old January 5, 2010, 01:00:40 PM
Administrator

This book keeps getting better and better with every chapter!
Old January 6, 2010, 09:23:32 PM
Regigigas

A seventh, and possibly final, chapter for book one:

"Chapter VII
The Alpha's Rest

By the ending of the first age had order been brought to the world. Though Man and Pokémon lived apart thenceforth, in their own ways they prospered. Began the new peace and age, and in its beginning, Arceus descended for a final time to the Hall of Origin. On its sacred pedestal departed Arceus to a place unknown to rest, His purpose in resting unknown to all the world. The caretakers of the Hall were left to guard the Earth, as they were the most devoted in deed to Arceus.

When a harvest had passed since Arceus' departure, the spirits of Sinnoh's lakes came to Mt. Coronet. The caretakers of the hall welcomed them, and made available to them great comforts, yet the spirits, having visited in soul and not in body, could not partake of what had been provided. The spirits dwelled for a week in that place. At its end, the spirits produced a gift of utmost value, one to be given to the caretakers of the Hall of Origin. It was an instrument of wind, produced from the corals of the spirits' lake, infused with the aspects of spirit. The spirits' gift was called the Azure Flute. If ever it is sounded atop the sacred Mt. Coronet, Arceus shall return from His rest to right the wrongs of the Earth. The Azure Flute is to be played only in cases of great urgency and threat. Uxie and Mesprit and Azelf departed from the Hall and made their way from Mt. Coronet, and the caretakers of that place hid away the Azure Flute that it may rest undisturbed until it is needed.
"'

And a second for the third book:

"Chapter II
The Lakes of Sinnoh

When were first bound Time and Space by Spirit, the beings Dialga and Palkia came to rest far above the Earth as Arceus formed it. Yet when the creation of Earth was finished, Dialga and Palkia descended onto the mountain called Coronet. The Hall of Origin had not yet been constructed: rested they only on the peak's solid earth. In that peaceful place, above the caprices of nature and weather, where Kyogre and Groudon shifted land and seas, Dialga and Palkia made their great rest. Dialga slipped into the cracks between the very smallest ticks of time, and Palkia into the slightest regions of space, yet remained they there on Mt. Coronet in their rest: for this reason was the mount made sacred.

Forever to maintain their triangle of pacification, Uxie and Mesprit and Azelf descended to the earth below Mt. Coronet. It was such that Kyogre and Groudon had shaped first these lands; in the land's natal purity, the spirits made path for three great lakes. Into the lakes' waters descended Uxie and Mesprit and Azelf; in its depths their bodies came to eternal rest. Yet by their great Spirit, the beings of Knowledge and Sensation and Volition may separate their souls and bodies. From their lake beds, the three have wandered the great Earth and experienced its marvels. It is such, though, that their bodies must not be disturbed, lest the beings of Time and Space emerge from their placation.

Many years thence, Man came upon the lakes of Spirit. In honor of the spirits were the lakes named: Acuity, for Uxie's gift of Knowledge and proficiency; Verity, for Mesprit's gift of Sensation and means of finding truth; Valor, for Azelf's gift of Volition and bravery. Ages thence has Man made use of the lakes' waters, in recognition of Man's reliance on Spirit. Always, though, has Man kept His settlements from the lakes' shores, that the resting places of the spirits be not affected."

This is really building my appetite to get to work on the associated fanfic. Hopefully I can get time to work on its prologue soon.
Old January 7, 2010, 08:47:01 AM
Haxorus

I can't believe Cat didn't jump on the cookie bandwagon about who the "agent of strife" is. If you've looked at a certain book in the Canalave Library, 'twould be obvious at the sixth chapter that said "agent of strife" is Giratina.

It's official. I'm coverting to Arceanity.
Old January 7, 2010, 10:14:57 AM
Regigigas

*gives cookie*

Although reading through again, I can see that this is a bit confusing: the "agent of strife" is supposed to be MissingNo, and the "vengeful Pokémon" Giratina. I've been revising the first chapter for a little while now; the newer version will avert confusion by actually naming Giratina.

And, yeah, there are a lot of things in here taken or at least derived from Canalave's library's books.

Last edited by GreenLiquid; January 9, 2010 at 11:55:10 PM. Reason: removed chapter
Old January 9, 2010, 11:56:14 PM
Regigigas

"Chapter III
The School of Sapiesm

In the early part of the second age, as they were visited by the spirits of the lakes, the Caretakers of Arceus' hall observed the power and unity of spirit. The wisest among them drew many conclusions about the place of life and spirit in this world. Soon, they developed a theory and philosophy of spirit:

'All that has form has influence; all things extant affect their existence. This is strength: the degree to which the world may be influenced. It is a thing oft brag'd of, yet a thing present such that there is naught to brag of. To those that brag of strength, it must be asked: what value is there in strength? The stones of the Earth have strength. The grains of beaches have strength.The capricious winds have strength. All things have strength, have influence, on their world. Strength alone is valueless.

It is rarely a matter of strength that success or failure are brought about, but a matter of spirit. All creatures in this world have immense strength to shape it, yet all power is bound by spirit. It is by spirit that one may bring their strength to use.It is by spirit that one may influence their world. The degree to which one actualizes one's strength is one's spirit. It is their knowledge, their understanding of the world; their sensation, their perception of the world; their volition, their desire to change the world. It is held that all that has spirit shapes the world: all which has great spirit shapes the world greatly, and is shaped greatly by it.

One may theorize then, that a being which actualizes its whole strength could by itself shape its world, without fear or desire of failure. The spirits of the lake are strong in spirit, yet are divided such to never be truly actualized. Arceus only is fully actualized, and His immense strength a spearheaded desire. All time and all space bends to His spirit. Such is the power of an actualized being.

In all things, seek to actualize thyself. Unfetter thy strengths and make thy inhibitions few. Discern what it is that your soul desires: name it, and with the whole of thy spirit poured out to the world, make it thine.'

Such is the philosophy of the Caretakers of Spirit. Their philosophy is called Sapiesm. It became in time one of the great Schools of the Church of Arceus, devoted eternally to the development of spirit and actualization of strength."

This still needs a great deal of work, but the ideas behind it are solid. I want to boost its rhetoric and make it powerful.
Old January 25, 2010, 08:56:20 PM
Administrator

How many books do you intend to have an The Book of Arceus?
Old January 26, 2010, 01:56:56 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
How many books do you intend to have an The Book of Arceus?
I'm really not sure yet. Concerning what I've already planned, there's still quite a bit to go yet, including books for all of the schools, the legendary birds/beasts and a few other key things. With all of that, I may never get to the related fanfic, though I won't be too concerned if I don't. At any rate, with classes back up and at full steam, I won't be able to write as often as before.
Old January 31, 2010, 06:54:51 PM
Regigigas

Things have gotten quite an overhaul: I've removed the Book of History entirely and moved its content to the Book of Origin. With that, I've also rewritten the chapter about the Regi, making it the most recent chapter of the Book of Origin:

"Chapter IX
The Kingdom and Golems of Hoenn

In the early days of the second age the region Sinnoh was a continent great in span and twofold its present width. On the eastern half of Mount Coronet, the agent of strife was at work amongst Man and Pokémon, for the settlements of Man spread ever outward into the wilds; the Pokémon forever resented and battled this encroachment. These settlements were increased in territory over the generations of battling and expansion, where numerous towns and cities were built in the lush forests and greens of the east of Sinnoh. One of the great-spirited men of Sinnoh, Regis, sought to command the settlements of this region and created in secret three golems hewn from ice and rock and steel. By the powers of these agents of the Earth incarnate, Regis seized for himself and for his offspring the rank, throne, and title of King; his golems of the incarnate Earth were called Regi after him, for by their strength he had made his own. From the very inception of his reign did adversity plague Regis; his golems, the Regi, were made not by Arceus, but by man; the King could not bind them to his will by the Sign of Arceus. The Regi refused his order to conquer and ignored his demands to obey. In rage, they crafted another of their kind called Regigigas, which itself demanded of Regis the title of King, for its power was the one by which that title had been made and seized. When Regis refused it this demand, Regigigas fell into a fury and bound the whole of Regis' kingdom to itself by a single stretch of rope and pulled it across the oceans to another clime to which the peoples of the kingdom were not accustomed or acclimated; Regigigas placed the kingdom of Regis at the place in the oceans where the Kyogre and Groudon, the agents of raging Seas and shifting Earth, had held battle: thus was the place forever plagued by foul storms and winds. Chaos took the realm, and Regis was deposed by his angered people. In desperation, Regis sealed the golems that he had made in earthen caverns to be locked for eternity, under the pretense solely that their power is too great to allow unrestrained. Denied their presence, Regigigas' power dwindled and its life left it rapidly. With its dying strength, it made way across the vast oceans back to the part of Sinnoh which it had not dragged off, where upon arriving it died and turned into stone. Where it had petrified, the peoples of Sinnoh constructed a city in honor of its massive stature and power; for its climate, the city was dubbed Snowpoint. The fallen kingdom became called Hoenn and became itself a region, its position marred evermore by the storms of Kyogre and Groudon. In Sinnoh there remained a city torn in half by the separation of continents: it was called Canalave, and its half in Sinnoh fell to ruin to be later rebuilt as the port city Slateport.

Upon the place where the mover of continents Regigigas fell and petrified, a memorial was built. The peoples of Sinnoh, in fear and awe of its power, locked it in a vast white temple called the Temple of Snowpoint, which became a shining temple to Arceus, and a place where many artifacts were stored. It has stood across time as a warning against the defiance of Arceus' authority to create life, a reminder that no Pokémon born of Man can be bound by the Sign of Arceus. The legends of Sinnoh tell simply that Regigigas shall never again live unless it is reunited with its creators, the three Regi of Hoenn."

I've also written chapter seven of the Book of Origin (which bumps The Alpha's Rest up to chapter eight), about everyone's favorite bird duo:

"Chapter VII
The Blessings and Birds of Johto
Avoiding adversity even into the second age, the people of the mountainous region Johto lived to regard all Pokémon and life as sacred; hence was it not visited by the agent of strife. For their peace were the people of Johto blessed with peace; honorably, they kept the words of Arceus close to their minds. Arceus was deeply pleased by these acts of the people of Johto, and aspired to assist their burgeoning civilization. Arceus discerned the desire for a culture of depth and beauty which lingered in their hearts and souls, and sent a host of Pokémon called Unown to the people of Johto. By the powers of these Pokémon, the people of that region were granted the secrets of written word. In gratitude, they constructed a marvelous palace for the Unown and called it Alph in honor of Arceus. Using the wisdom made known to them by the Unown, the people of that place created an alphabet of twenty-six glyphs, each glyph shaped in honor of the Unown. Arceus was again deeply pleased by these gracious acts of the people of Johto, and aspired once more to assist their burgeoning civilization. Arceus discerned the desire for lush fields and bountiful harvests in their hearts and souls, and sent a host of Pokémon called Shaymin to the people of Johto. By the powers of these Pokémon, the lands of Johto were made lush and verdant, and flowers spilled forth in abundance across the dales of the region. Where the ground was made receptive, seeds of the great tree of Rota, the Tree of Beginning, took root, providing fresh fruit and rich harvests to the people of Johto. And in reward for this generosity did the people of Johto provide the Shaymin with a rare kind of of flower Gracidea and bid them migrate north; the Pokémon departed in love but left their blessing with the people of Johto. Again was Arceus well satisfied with their acts.

Against the prosperity of Johto rose armies from the north, Sinnoh, and the east, Kanto, of peoples desiring the riches of that region for themselves. In fear for their lives, the leaders of Johto departed north toward the Hall of Origin. As pilgrims they journeyed seventeen days and nights to the peak of Mount Coronet, and there they laid down their offerings to Arceus and begged His protection. Well pleased with these peoples of Johto, Arceus created into being two immense birds; one of gold and prismatic feathers called Ho-oh, and one of silver and thick plumage called Lugia. These two immense birds held unknowable strength and unconstrained power. Atop these great Pokémon the leaders of Johto arrived back in their country in but a single night of travel, where the armies of Sinnoh and Kanto had uniformly invaded a quiet mountain city called Blackthorn. To this place the leaders of Johto arrived. When the armies of Sinnoh and Kanto beheld the immense birds and regarded their strength, they were instantly routed and fled back to their country. Yet the agent of strife, empowered by the conflict, fell upon that place, and the leaders of Johto, not satisfied with their victory, began an invasion eastward of Kanto. Fearing the power of Ho-oh and Lugia, all settlements in their path surrendered. The people of Kanto, now fearful of conquest, sent their greatest champion to battle the invaders. The leaders of Johto, flying atop the gold and silver birds, encountered this champion on the peak of a great mountain called Mount Silver. Arceus, angered by the aggression and ambition of the leaders of Johto, lent the champion of Kanto bravery to stand ground even upon sighting the birds' majesty. The champion knew that the combined powers of the birds would destroy him in but an instant. Rather than battle, the champion asked plainly which bird was most beautiful. The leaders bickered, and, whipping up the aggression of their steeds, were tossed from the air onto the mountain's peak. Forthwith battled the birds Ho-oh and Lugia, filling their air with a dazzling display of light and blasts of sound for three days and three nights. When their battle had ended, both were in no condition to fight the champion of Kanto, who forced the leaders of Johto into retreat by his own martial prowess.

Defeated and repentant, the leaders of Johto took up a penance and begged the forgiveness of Arceus. Ho-oh and Lugia had returned to Johto, and could find no place to live in rest, for the very flapping of their wings was filled with such force as to level forests and whip up terrible storms of water and fire. Desiring to be reconciled with the great birds, the leaders of Johto constructed two great towers in their honor in the city called Ecruteak, near the most beautiful forest of the region. The people of Ecruteak labored for many suns and moons to construct the glorious structures, one clad in gold and the other in silver. When their work was finished, the two grateful birds made perch atop them: Lugia atop the Brass Tower and Ho-oh upon the Tin Tower. Far above the Earth on the pagodas of their honor, these two birds could move and rest with full grace and resplendence without fear of dealing harm to the people of Johto. In those days, harmless but beautiful sparks of flame and flashes of silver showered onto the city of Ecruteak daily, inspiring the people of that city. For that reason was it truly blessed, and considered the most beautiful and cultured city in the entire Earth."

The story of these birds will also launch into another school, which will get its own book soon.
Old February 11, 2010, 09:41:56 PM
Regigigas

Another book for another school, this time, for Dualism:

The Book of Dualism
Chapter I

The Nature of Duality
In all things pairs of opposites exist. In all matters there are two discrete parts. All aspects of being have an opposing aspect of non-being: movement is opposed to stillness; light is opposed to darkness; chaos is opposed to order. To varying degrees do combine these aspects to create the attribute of anything extant. Where there is more movement, there is less stillness; where there is more light, there is less darkness; where there is more chaos, there is less order. These aspects do not preclude each other: they create each other. For how can movement exist without stillness? How can light exist without darkness? How can chaos exist without order? Where an opposing aspect does not exist, an aspect cannot become anything more than an indistinct constant. Thus it is so that these opposites were brought into being from constancy. Though the aspects shall always add to constancy, their degrees of presence shall remain relative across time and space and dimensions. If ever the aspects of the word coalesce into constancy, the universe shall be unmade.

When naught was ere the creation of all things, there was but constancy. From constancy were separated over a minute time and space two eggs, both too of perfect constancy. It is from His Good Egg that the Alpha and Creator Arceus was born, the embodiment of all dualities and states. Though Arceus is God of all opposites and of all duality, He discerns the necessity of all things for all things to exist. Arceus does not abhor sorrow, for sorrow allows the existence of happiness. Arceus does not abhor death, for death allows the existence of life. Arceus does not abhor pain, as pain allows the existence of pleasure. Yet strife, the conflict of these elements, is needless, and thus does Arceus abhor strife. Thus forever is the agent of strife the cause of humanity's mutual agony.

It is recognized by the philosophers of duality that 'good' and 'evil' are not aspects to be opposed. Rather, the duality of all things is good and their strife is evil. So long as balance is maintained, the universe shall be good and in the favor of Arceus. Those that do the Alpha's will shall bring balance; those that oppose it shall bring strife and conflict.

Chapter II
Heart and Soul

Of the dual aspects, there are two of the human spirit: Heart and Soul. Those attributes which show us outward, those visible aspects of our being are components of Heart. Those inward attributes of inner self and personality are components of Soul. In both there is good, and in both there is power. Since their creation, the birds Ho-oh and Lugia have symbolized this pairing: Ho-oh, the embodiment of the Heart, and Lugia, the embodiment of the Soul.

Ho-oh is the legendary bird of resplendent power and beauty. Its strength radiates and its heart burns brightly. It seeks the outward profession of love, companionship, and peacefulness. Wherever it travels, an arc of color is left as a symbol of its beauteous and glorious power. Its creations, the three beasts of legend, possess and display immense power, and for that reason must dash endlessly in discharge of it. Their display of power is external, visible, and awe-inspiring. For these reasons is Ho-oh the embodiment of Heart. Lugia is the legendary bird of concealed power and seclusion. Its strength is hidden yet immense, and its soul strong. It seeks the inward possession of love, joy, and peacefulness. It travels little and isolates itself and its power, yet its very presence can be felt in the waves. Its creations, the three birds of legend, possess a restrained yet gargantuan power, and for that reason have sequestered themselves in the embedded places of the Earth. Their display of power is seldom made, but immense when shown. For these reasons is Lugia the embodiment of Soul.

A human shall require both Heart and Soul to do anything: indeed, even to exist.

I'm still seeking a better name than Dualism (which is already in use in philosophy), so please give any suggestions that you might have.
Old February 15, 2010, 01:43:36 PM
Regigigas

If anyone can compare this with the previous Chapter IX and post feedback, it would be much appreciated. I've rewritten it in a more detailed and narrative style, but I'd like your opinion on whether brevity serves it better.

Chapter IX
The Kingdom and Golems of Hoenn

In those days, when the continent Sinnoh was twofold its present width, the earliest of Man's settlements rose in power. As the second age had begun, the settlements of Man spread ever outward into the wilds; the Pokémon forever resented and battled this encroachment. Those Pokémon on the side of Man were pitted against those of nature. There was a great number of skirmishes on the borders of settlements, and many times were the forces of Man driven back in retreat. In the most expansive of settlements, barracks were erected where the domesticated Pokémon could be trained to exhibit their full potential in battle. Over several seasons of such warring, the domesticated Pokémon builded in strength, and Man's settlements spread unopposed. Where the greatest trainers of Pokémon were at battle, the greatest settlements rose; the people congregated, and in these places the question resounded, "who shall maintain the order of civilization?" The most powerful of trainers of Pokémon were made leaders for their bravery and skill, and were rightly counted upon to maintain the borders of their settlements. Thus were the cities of Sinnoh formed and their leaders decided.

The wilds of the forests and caves of those days teemed with the danger of wild Pokémon, where expanses of sylvan fields and jungles, hummocks and marshes, valleys and caverns, and myriad lakes and river deltas were such that no man sound of mind ventured beyond the limits of his settlement. Those roads which once serviced the peoples of the first age decayed until the brush and greenery of the wild obscured them and there remained no vestige. Word and rumor of events and occurrences ceased: in those days, there were few who could attest to the happenings in another settlement. Therefore did the names and talents of leaders apply solely to the towns over which their leadership was held; the cities were not unified; there was no state. When the borders of the cities became too great to maintain, their growth halted. Where greater leaders resided, larger borders could be kept, yet even those most adept leaders of Pokémon could not expand without limit. Even the great cities of Jubilife and Canalave in this way grew to an immense size and then, for inability to maintain a perimeter any greater, grew no more.

Amidst this cycle of battle and expansion, a man of Canalave called Regis came to conflict with the Leader of that city. The leader of the barrack of Canalave possessed great talent in battle and was well-loved for his vast expansion of his city to the north where lay an array of iron-bearing mountains. From their ore, the people of Canalave had constructed a sturdy and nigh-impenetrable wall to encircle its holdings. The man Regis was too a member of the barrack of Canalave who lacked the skill of combat to become leader, for Regis was a scholar of great repute who had raised few Pokémon to battle. Thus, he could not defeat the Leader of Canalave in combat, though thrice he tried. Regis hated the wall that encircled Canalave, for its construction had satisfied the people's hunger for expansion: Regis craved expansion and glory and thus despised the city's slowed growth. In a public place he gathered the people and asked their Leader, "For what purpose dost thou leadeth this city, if not against the Pokémon of the wild? For thy skill thou wast made Leader, yet of late it is used for naught. Therefore I demand that thou yield thy high Position to whoever may rightly continue the expansion of our Canalave." He was answered simply, "The peoples of Canalave are satisfied. For this time, expansion hath not purpose, for e'en the poor are clothed and are well fed. In this state expansion shall have no purpose." For his empathy with the people of that city, the Leader was cheered. Enraged, Regis fled into the wilds.

South of Canalave were there a vast network of caverns, filled with the full yield of the Earth. For three days, Regis battled through the wilderness to these caverns: for three more did he seek to their deepest roots. One month passed as Regis applied what arcane skill he possessed to form immense beings of earth: he gathered the elements of Rock and Ice and Steel into statues called golems. It was such that in the deepest bowels of Earth the essences of the elemental plates were great in concentration, and so were the golems able to be infused with life. They became Pokémon, and Regis named them Regirock and Regice and Registeel for himself; for a month more he trained these beings in combat. Their power was raw and immense, yet they could not be bound by the Sign of Arceus, and served Regis for the reason solely that for that time they knew nothing but servitude. When the month was concluded, Regis left the caverns and returned north to Canalave.

The sun dawned on Regis' return, and scaled he a ridge to the city's south to survey it from above. Alongside his golems, he called out to the city in challenge of its Leader. The citizens of Canalave were brought to fear by the golems, and sought to surrender the city to Regis. Their leader refused their request and barred the city's walls. In response, Regis brought forth Regice, and the golem invoked a bitter and fearsome blizzard onto the city; its crop was covered in hoarfrost, and its citizenry forced indoors. The day passed and the citizenry cried out to the Leader to surrender. He refused them. When the second day had dawned, Regis halted the blizzard and called again on the city to surrender. When again refused, he brought forth Regirock, and the golem invoked a fierce earthquake onto the city, collapsing structures and ruining its vast mines; its citizenry was forced outdoors into the remnant chill of the blizzard. The day passed and the citizenry cried out to the Leader to surrender. He refused them. When the third day had dawned, Regis bid the earth relax and called again on the city to surrender. He received no answer; in anger, he brought forth Registeel, and the golem invoked an invisible yet unfathomable magnetic force onto the city, and its iron walls collapsed instantly into rubble. Regis saw how the city's defenses were leveled and passed across the rubble, with his golems in tow, that he might depose the Leader himself: the citizenry had forced their Leader out of the city the previous night in anger over his refusal to admit Regis' demand. In the face of no opposition, Regis was made Leader and, seeking more power, bid his citizens build for him a crown of iron that he be made King. In the company of their whole number, Regis reserved his throne and kingdom to his offspring alone and forbade any challenge against his leadership. The people despised this but lacked any means of opposing it.

Seeking glory and expansion, Regis called upon his golems, and spake to them, saying, "If ever Sinnoh shall be one body of Man, its disparate settlements must be made one; therefore, seek to the north and bring the settlements thou findest to my rule, by force if by no other means. When this is done, return with proof of thy deed." His golems departed north into the unexplored wilderness. Several fortnights passed until the first of the golems returned with the Leader of another settlement held hostage. A day later, the next returned with another Leader in fetters. Through the strength of his golems, Regis spread his reign across half of the continent, though he proceeded no more eastward than Mt. Coronet and its mountain range. Though his conquered peoples ever resented his encroachment, Regis brought with him peace and stability, and through unification greatly expanded the inhabitable areas of Sinnoh. These changes were effected in the time of five years.

When five years had passed, Regis was borne a son by his wife. Upon its birth, Regis brought his son and his three golems to the ridge where he had first overlooked Canalave. From that place, he addressed the whole of Canalave, saying, "Behold thy future King, my son and second, who shall rule over Sinnoh in my absence." At this, his golems reacted in anger, for they perceived themselves as Regis' firstborn: were they as well the tools of his expansion. Regis admonished them, declaring them to be not his offspring. The golems departed southward, and Regis was left to be ridiculed by his people. Embarrassed and enraged, Regis commanded his remaining Pokémon to regain control of his citizenry by force. A season passed wherein Regis struggled even to maintain command over Canalave; in that month, no news of Sinnoh reached him.

On the first day of summer, the rising sun illuminated a massive golem to the south, greater even than those three that Regis had formed. Regis made way to the plaza of Canalave and called out to this being to identify itself: it did so as Regigigas, the creation of the three Regi and the King of Golems. The monstrous golem, flanked by Regis' creations, demanded for itself the rank of King of Sinnoh, which Regis had sought and obtained. Regis refused it vehemently, calling upon his people to oust the being from the borders of Canalave. Regigigas fell into a terrible fury and departed west, bringing the three Regi with it. Again did the people of Canalave rise in protest, and again did Regis quash their rebelliousness with his Pokémon. For a month longer, Regis struggled to maintain command over his city of Canalave, and was left only to speculate the fates of his settlements. At the month's end, a violent and momentary pulse of earth was felt across Sinnoh, for the golem Regigigas had bound the western part of the continent to itself by a single length of rope. Slowly yet persistently did the golem tug the vast continent across the seas. Regis' city, Canalave, was split into two by this action, and the King was left behind from his kingdom on Sinnoh's southeastern landmass. In this doing, however, Regigigas unwittingly separated the Regi from their source of life, and thus they began rapidly to decay. Taking the advantage, the people of that landmass were at last able to band together and capture the three Regi. They were sealed deep underground and bound by tombs of stone, locked into place by a mechanism hidden deep under earth and water. In turn separated from its source of power, Regigigas too began to decay. Desperately seeking Regis in a fit of anger and vengeance, the golem trudged back across the oceans to the east of Sinnoh. It met land far north on the continent, and there at last decayed fully of its strength and petrified.

It was so, however, that Regigigas had placed the kingdom of Regis at the place in the oceans where the Kyogre and Groudon, the agents of raging Seas and shifting Earth, had held battle: thus was the place forever plagued by foul storms and winds. That nacent and leaderless continent, dubbed Hoenn, fell quickly into ruin. In ruin it would remain for many years until the coming of the third age gave its suppressed inhabitants what strength was needed to overcome the elements and rebuild their civilization.

Upon the place where the mover of continents Regigigas fell and petrified, the peoples of Sinnoh constructed a city in honor of its massive stature and power; for its climate, the city was dubbed Snowpoint. The peoples of Sinnoh, in fear and awe of the golem, locked it in a vast white temple called the Temple of Snowpoint, which became a shining temple to Arceus, and a place where many artifacts were stored. It has stood across time as a warning against the defiance of Arceus' authority to create life, a reminder that no Pokémon born of Man can be bound by the Sign of Arceus. The legends of Sinnoh tell simply that Regigigas shall never again live unless it is reunited with its creators, the three Regi of Hoenn.
Old June 20, 2010, 03:06:09 AM
Zoroark

After reading this later chapter I had this sorta manga vision of how this would look after my art skills goes pro a bit more and I have to say......AMAZING!
Old June 29, 2010, 05:11:32 PM
Banned

... they say....
missingno. is accually a kanguskahn er... whatever and that marowak was supposed to evolve into it...
made since from this guy on youtube
Old July 8, 2010, 11:16:43 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAF View Post
... they say....
missingno. is accually a kanguskahn er... whatever and that marowak was supposed to evolve into it...
made since from this guy on youtube
Ohai off-topic post.

The book looks great, GL. I hope it can get published in physical forme soon!
Old July 8, 2010, 12:56:43 PM
Regigigas

Thank you. I have been working for a while now on improving the organization and adding content to the work by rewriting the earlier parts of it slightly differently, but my illness has gotten in my way, and I'd rather not work on it when I'm not mentally up to par. I hope to have a lengthy update available by the end of July.
Old July 13, 2010, 12:50:43 PM
Volcarona

Hmmm....... Great Book! I'd love to see how Shines will fit into this... and also the The god of light and dark, and the ruler of illusions Keep going! Ps: I am also a part of Arceism now.
EDIT: I just found out how Resheriam and Zekrom fit into it.

Last edited by The Tropius of Tropiuses; July 13, 2010 at 05:05:58 PM.