FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 6, 2011, 10:00:31 AM
Giratina

Default 2kcraft Texture Pack

[as copied from my thread on the Minecraft forums]

Intro

Hello there, and thanks for clicking this thread! I always wanted Minecraft to be a little bit more modern without having too much stuff edited with it, so that's exactly what my goal is with this texture pack. I haven't done much so far, but suggestions from you guys are what is going to make this thing a lot better. Maybe I'll even upgrade to a 32x version if I have time.

Also, to try and give you a more "modern" experience I'll include furniture tutorials to make your houses look as legit as possible.

Content

Anyway, you're probably asking at this point what I've made "modern" so far. Well, here's a list of what has changed so far with screenshots below.

- More see-through room on glass
- Magenta Wool is now Off-White/Tan (lots of carpets are that color from what I've seen)
- 2 of the paintings have been changed to resemble an HDTV and a flatscreen computer monitor
- The tops of Sandstone are re-textured to look like Linoleum
- Doors do not have windows in them (neither do the doors in your house, most likely)
- Furnaces look more like modern ovens
- Cobblestone is more brick-like
- Lapis blocks are more similar to the Iron/Gold/Diamond blocks
- Pistons are re-textured to look like tables (see Furniture Tutorials)
- Small chests are now drawers; large chests are now a drawer on top and a cabinet on the bottom
- Glowstone is a bit more "scattered" (more gravel-like vs. cobblestone-like)
- Netherrack is darker

Screenshots

Screenshots are below and have been re-sized for your viewing pleasure.

Furniture Tutorials

Chairs: Chairs are pretty simple, all you need to do is put a sign on both sides of a wooden stair block - at least that's how I make chairs.

Tables: There are a couple of options for tables. One is a blocky table (or you can just say it has a table cloth on it) which is obviously just a few blocks, or you can make a piston table like this.

:wood: :wood: :brick: :brick: :wood: :wood:
:soil: :soil: :--+: :--+: :soil: :soil:

Okay, so that's not exactly how it looks... Pretend that the wood is your floor, the brick is a piston (facing up), and the torches are redstone torches. That way you'll be using an extended piston as a table - looks pretty cool since it has space under it!

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?nz82r0nv9innnbc

Planned Changes

- Modern ceilings/walls (these will probably be edits of wool)
- More electronics
- Darker stone slabs?
- Kitchen/bathroom appliances (sinks, etc.)?

As for right now, though, I'm really just looking for suggestions and feedback, so please tell me what you think of the pack and then suggest something that I should do!