Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 18, 2012, 09:09:19 PM
Shaymin

I live in the basement. ;_;

Anyway, today has been a rather bad day, hopefully my mood brightens tomorrow~
Just a combo of things bringin me down but nothing anyone else should be concerned with ^^

Jerez sounds like it "my time of the month".... >_>
Old July 18, 2012, 09:30:51 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
She's right. The bridge was named after Charizard and the noise is just a little Easter Egg thing. Because clearly Charizard does not exist in Unova.

If we had mice, I'd be terrified out of my mind. I think we even had a dead one in the recycling bin. My mom put it in the backyard so it would decompose. And the basement... no one knows what lives down there...
Probably a giant mouse that wants to eat you. Teehee.

But if you cleared out the basement, maybe it'll be the end of the problem, no?
Old July 18, 2012, 11:13:02 PM
Giratina

Cleaned out the basement? CLEANED OUT THE BASEMENT? HAHAHAHAHA. That's like the equivalent of saying "Today, I'm going to walk across the sun and then maybe picnic with God, and afterwards I'll resurrect a whole cemetery." At this point in time, cleaning out the basement is a part physical impossibility.
Also mice are pretty creepy. Thinking that one wants to eat me isn't a helpful thought. :I
Old July 18, 2012, 11:33:45 PM

No basement for me! Just a garage with too much stuff and not enough space for a car.
Old July 18, 2012, 11:47:32 PM
Kyurem

You don't find many homes with basements around here. I guess that's a good thing, no? No basements to clean out, just the usual.
Old July 19, 2012, 01:39:28 AM
Rayquaza

Once, a rat sat down on my grandmother's head and she didn't feel it. Not until my aunt saw it and screamed that my grandmother caught the rat and threw it down from the second floor.
Old July 19, 2012, 01:48:14 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Once, a rat sat down on my grandmother's head and she didn't feel it. Not until my aunt saw it and screamed that my grandmother caught the rat and threw it down from the second floor.
Must have been a shocking experience, no?

One thing I know for sure: rats... uh, stink.
Old July 19, 2012, 03:07:46 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Must have been a shocking experience, no?

One thing I know for sure: rats... uh, stink.
Surprisingly, she was too calm and didn't bother herself to freak out.
Old July 19, 2012, 04:16:04 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Surprisingly, she was too calm and didn't bother herself to freak out.
Maybe she's secretly a superhero

Basements in homes sound really problematic.

On another topic, I bet you can actually have a good meal with only four bucks
Old July 19, 2012, 05:07:57 AM
Giratina

Just around my area, tornadoes appear on a rare occasion, but just common enough to make sure a basement is a good idea to have. Also, if it weren't for basements, where would my lazy college drop-out brother live and sleep?
Old July 19, 2012, 05:37:13 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Just around my area, tornadoes appear on a rare occasion, but just common enough to make sure a basement is a good idea to have. Also, if it weren't for basements, where would my lazy college drop-out brother live and sleep?
Tornadoes, huh? We don't get them... ever. Most we get are bad storms. (Which may or may not knock out a transformer or two)
Old July 19, 2012, 07:50:15 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
I live in the basement. ;_;

Anyway, today has been a rather bad day, hopefully my mood brightens tomorrow~
Just a combo of things bringin me down but nothing anyone else should be concerned with ^^

Jerez sounds like it "my time of the month".... >_>
I live in the basement too, and I'm getting used to them, but when there are things crawling around in the ceiling it doesn't help!
And I hope your day is better today than it was yesterday! :3 Just be lucky you don't have "that time of the month".
Grossness to most males    
Like I do right now. Ugh FML. I don't want to go to Florida, I'm going to die it'll be sooooooo hot there! D: Ovaries suck. I don't even WANT children! The blood and the pain forever, then menopause where I'll want to move to the arctic.

Quote:
Cleaned out the basement? CLEANED OUT THE BASEMENT? HAHAHAHAHA. That's like the equivalent of saying "Today, I'm going to walk across the sun and then maybe picnic with God, and afterwards I'll resurrect a whole cemetery." At this point in time, cleaning out the basement is a part physical impossibility.
Also mice are pretty creepy. Thinking that one wants to eat me isn't a helpful thought. :I
Seriously Turt, be lucky you aren't moving. Having a basement that is messy beyond cleaning is SUCH a pain when you're moving. That took days for my family and I to do...

Last edited by Luxray13579; July 19, 2012 at 07:52:53 AM.
Old July 19, 2012, 08:03:45 AM
Giratina

I don't think we're ever going to move. Besides the time I get famous and rich and own a mansion and invite some relatives to live there and feed money to the homeless each day.
And because I'm not moving, that's why I've wanted to trick out my basement. A theater room, a game room, and extra dining room, an exercise room... well, for my mom anyway. But cleaning out all that stuff to do it is torture!
Old July 19, 2012, 09:38:43 AM
Shaymin

My family isn't planning to move either. Especially out of town. Because my parents are no longer together forever and ever (lol), they must stay close to each other to not create feud about where the kids are. Honestly, if I wanted to I could walk my other parents house, they only live about 14 blocks away. And I don't think I would let them move because I like it here is the sunny farm-town or B-Town (In the past 4 years it has started to shirt it a shopping/business town. that bugs me because I liked when it was all farmer kids.). So yeah. We aren't going to move anytime soon. And my mom's girlfriend has a lot of family here so that means my mom won't move. And my dad only listens to me and my sister, so we aint moving.
Old July 19, 2012, 10:48:12 AM
Rayquaza

We don't have a basement because we simply live in an apartment. I always wanted to have my own house, but not enough money, I suppose...
Old July 19, 2012, 10:54:16 AM
Shaymin

We have one. That is where my room is. But I don't really like it down there because it is so open and weird. I say weird because I am sure that our house is haunted (or something) Because I see this and have experienced things. Sometimes basements aren't good. I don't like the open part because that is where I am most paranoid. I hate it. HATE IT! I can't really think about what to say to extend n the paranormal thing...
Old July 19, 2012, 11:38:58 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
We have one. That is where my room is. But I don't really like it down there because it is so open and weird. I say weird because I am sure that our house is haunted (or something) Because I see this and have experienced things. Sometimes basements aren't good. I don't like the open part because that is where I am most paranoid. I hate it. HATE IT! I can't really think about what to say to extend n the paranormal thing...
Haunted? Do you happen to believe in ghosts and devils, or what?
Old July 19, 2012, 11:50:38 AM
Shaymin

Just spirits. Nothing vicious (in my house).

Last edited by teamplasma; July 19, 2012 at 11:51:02 AM.
Old July 19, 2012, 04:12:40 PM
Zoroark

I'm trying to get my Processing (basically Java with different ways to write the main method and hex color notation) applet a user interface to adjust parameters. I've tried ControlP5, a bug breaks it, and I tried JavaScript's LiveConnect, and it mysteriously fails.

I should reprogram my sig fig calculator instead.
Old July 19, 2012, 04:14:31 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Just spirits. Nothing vicious (in my house).
You believe that spirits haunt or can haunt your house? Have you seen something before, or what is the reason behind such a belief?

I am really a guy who enjoys such stories.
Old July 19, 2012, 05:02:37 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
You believe that spirits haunt or can haunt your house? Have you seen something before, or what is the reason behind such a belief?

I am really a guy who enjoys such stories.
Yes, I have seen apparitions and felt things that I shouldn't have felt. It is hard to explain without feeling uncomfortable... There is this woman in my mothers house. I think she is about 18 - 25 and she was been lurking that house for a while. This lady has (and I have seen it) shaken my sister's bed. She doesn't appear in a body often, thought. This lady isn't violent, but i dont know how to describe it. She just wonders the house. I try to ignore it when I see something,because like I have said, it makes me uncomfortable. I have also heard things. I have heard things like my name, my old stepsisters name (I don't know how this thing would know it) and I have heard many footsteps. Our family doesn't do anything about it because we don't care, as long as it doesn't do anything... you know... strange.

Another thing that I (often) experience is electrical... (I am lacking a better word) happenings. My most common example is about this lamp I have. This lamp is a lamp that only activates when you touch it with a finger/your body. I have touched it with many things (things heated, cooled, powered...) and it only turns on with a finger. I have messed with the wires as well (to make sure it is what I thought) to test it. The only thing that turns it on is (you know...) A finger. That lead me to conclude that it had to be that, because as you know spirits are made up of electromagnetic energy. So that is what it has to be.

That is all I want to say.
Old July 19, 2012, 05:29:45 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Yes, I have seen apparitions and felt things that I shouldn't have felt. It is hard to explain without feeling uncomfortable... There is this woman in my mothers house. I think she is about 18 - 25 and she was been lurking that house for a while. This lady has (and I have seen it) shaken my sister's bed. She doesn't appear in a body often, thought. This lady isn't violent, but i dont know how to describe it. She just wonders the house. I try to ignore it when I see something,because like I have said, it makes me uncomfortable. I have also heard things. I have heard things like my name, my old stepsisters name (I don't know how this thing would know it) and I have heard many footsteps. Our family doesn't do anything about it because we don't care, as long as it doesn't do anything... you know... strange.

Another thing that I (often) experience is electrical... (I am lacking a better word) happenings. My most common example is about this lamp I have. This lamp is a lamp that only activates when you touch it with a finger/your body. I have touched it with many things (things heated, cooled, powered...) and it only turns on with a finger. I have messed with the wires as well (to make sure it is what I thought) to test it. The only thing that turns it on is (you know...) A finger. That lead me to conclude that it had to be that, because as you know spirits are made up of electromagnetic energy. So that is what it has to be.

That is all I want to say.
Sometimes if you attach a piece of Play-doh to the lamp and you touch the Play-doh the lamp turns on too. Just thought I'd share that cool thing I discovered when I was little.

Last edited by Luxray13579; July 19, 2012 at 06:09:50 PM.
Old July 19, 2012, 05:48:34 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
Sometimes if you attatch a piece of Play-doh to the lamp and you touch the Play-doh the lamp turns on too. Just thought I'd share that cool thing I discovered when I was little.
BWAHAHA! Thanks for the tip, but I am sure there is no play-do involved
Old July 19, 2012, 06:12:27 PM
Shaymin

Oh well I don't doubt the spirits, I just thought you'd be interested in that cool random fact. I do know that sometimes mine would randomly turn on... But like I said, I'm not doubting your belief of the presence of spirits. :3
Old July 19, 2012, 07:42:31 PM
Rayquaza

I actually used to babysit for a kid who lived in a house where there was a double murder, basically they guy killed his wife and son before taking himself.

The house seemed hunted though, it might have because they had the house exorcised but in the bathroom you can still hear faint crying,
Old July 19, 2012, 08:01:29 PM
Floatzel

me? i`m.. all sorts of depressed... mainly cause' i`m VR`s and DA`s downside/enemy/outcast/threat/burden... and now the chat`s gone and i think the mods hate me... I haven`t been able to post!! /.'[

but i`m excited for B/W 2! It`s going to be epic... 8D
---------------------------
but i still died inside.. A lot. I miss cat333... TT^TT
Old July 19, 2012, 08:22:06 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReshZek200 View Post
me? i`m.. all sorts of depressed... mainly cause' i`m VR`s and DA`s downside/enemy/outcast/threat/burden... and now the chat`s gone and i think the mods hate me... I haven`t been able to post!! /.'[

Another word of advice. People like it when you use grammar to a point where they can read it with out having problem. "/.'[" I cant tell what that means. Using capital letters were it needs to be is awesome too. Just a helpful smidgem from your pal Plaz.

Also. i am excited for it too. I don't know if I will be able to buy It though. I always get belittled because I am 14 and still get excited about pokemon.
Old July 19, 2012, 08:46:04 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Squirtle and Phantom are making me feel old seeing as I'm going into 12th grade next school year.
Well, I wish you the best in the months leading up to your graduation. I've already graduated high school and am going to college soon.

Last edited by GTP_NickSkyline; July 19, 2012 at 08:51:11 PM.
Old July 19, 2012, 09:16:41 PM
Shaymin

My parents are coming back into the U.S for a week. I'm really excited considering I haven't seen them in 3 months. Although I'm excited, I'm also exceedingly nervous. First, I haven't really been myself lately. I've been kind of sick and closed off. Second, Zach and I haven't had a decent conversation in days. Every one has ended in a fist fight. Plus, my grandfather is in from Italy, and he and my mother do not see eye to eye.
Old July 19, 2012, 10:08:20 PM
Kyurem

Today I found a spiderweb in the corner of my room. I was playing Xbox and the fan was on, and I saw a black object fly off the web and into my bed. I nope'd the heck outta there.

Looks like I'm sleeping in the livingroom for a bit.

Last edited by Shiny; July 19, 2012 at 10:08:50 PM.
Old July 19, 2012, 10:37:02 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReshZek200 View Post

Really? We hate you? Why? You got that impression wrong, as I haven't seen a single staff complaining about you. Plus, if you ever get an infraction, or a warning, from any of us, then that doesn't mean we hate you. That is our job and we are trying to keep things in the forums in check. You should take it as a sign to improve yourself. And yes, please improve your grammar. These are threads, not a chat.

As for your story, teamplasma, it is quite interesting. Did a family, or a woman, live in your house before you moved in?

And regarding the age thing with buying Black 2/White 2, we are much older than you, and we still play these games, so you got my point.
Old July 19, 2012, 10:59:33 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Really? We hate you? Why? You got that impression wrong, as I haven't seen a single staff complaining about you. Plus, if you ever get an infraction, or a warning, from any of us, then that doesn't mean we hate you. That is our job and we are trying to keep things in the forums in check. You should take it as a sign to improve yourself. And yes, please improve your grammar. These are threads, not a chat.
To be honest, I'm not very sure whether saying things like that will do any good to someone depressed. I know that when you someone who is already depressed something to worry about even more, things can go south fairly easily. When you've been thorough life, you know that things aren't that simple, no?

I guess I'll have to say that a lot of things will eventually make sense when you give it some time.

There's been something that is bugging me lately, though. I've always wondered "what happened" to some of the members around here... It's like they bolted out. Never came back, if you will.

On a perhaps cheerier topic, maybe I should give music remixing a go... if I weren't tone deaf, that is. I seem to only be able to make piano noises on the keyboard.
Old July 20, 2012, 02:53:03 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not very sure whether saying things like that will do any good to someone depressed. I know that when you someone who is already depressed something to worry about even more, things can go south fairly easily. When you've been thorough life, you know that things aren't that simple, no?

I guess I'll have to say that a lot of things will eventually make sense when you give it some time.

There's been something that is bugging me lately, though. I've always wondered "what happened" to some of the members around here... It's like they bolted out. Never came back, if you will.
I really don't know about depression, but I find it strange for members to consider us hating them. We really don't.

It seems a sandstorm is acting right now. We can't get out of our houses...
Old July 20, 2012, 03:15:29 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
It seems a sandstorm is acting right now. We can't get out of our houses...
The weather around these parts is so boring in comparison! Rain, sunny, cloudy, maybe a storm or two, that's it.
Old July 20, 2012, 06:33:27 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Another word of advice. People like it when you use grammar to a point where they can read it with out having problem. "/.'[" I cant tell what that means. Using capital letters were it needs to be is awesome too. Just a helpful smidgem from your pal Plaz.

Also. i am excited for it too. I don't know if I will be able to buy It though. I always get belittled because I am 14 and still get excited about pokemon.
:3 alright plasma

im getting 3d animation. tips on it?

Last edited by PokeRemixStudio; July 20, 2012 at 12:51:21 PM. Reason: Merging posts
Old July 20, 2012, 07:07:24 AM
Giratina

Quote:
The weather around these parts is so boring in comparison! Rain, sunny, cloudy, maybe a storm or two, that's it.
If you want interesting weather, just visit Michigan for a week or two. The first day might consist of sun where the next day will consist mainly of blizzards. Next day will be sun again, then the day after will be a thunderstorm. Followed by a drought.
Old July 20, 2012, 07:30:57 AM
Shaymin

LOL. He are in a drought here in sunny Illinois. A lot of the farmers are having trouble with corn and beans because of it. The sprinkler rails shouldn't do all the watering. Do you guys have long periods of no clouds and HOT weather?

This is a sprinkler rail for you people that don't know > http://www.threemilecanyonfarms. com/images/sprinklers.jpg
Old July 20, 2012, 08:46:18 AM
Giratina

Here it's been pouring rain every night right after a whole day full of 100 degree weather and nothing but sun. Not as strange as any of your weather, but I'd like to have something normal happen. Something I can EXPECT.
Old July 20, 2012, 08:51:28 AM
Shaymin

I think the blazing and the storming periods are just the new normal. The weather has been changing pretty often nowadays. Like I said previously, it is just hot, hot, hot. And barely clouds.

Last edited by teamplasma; July 20, 2012 at 08:51:38 AM.
Old July 20, 2012, 10:20:24 AM
Shaymin

Ugh, it's been super unusually hot in central Canada, and now I'm in North Dakota and it's even hotter here. And we're supposed to be going to Florida, so I think I'm going to die on this trip. Plus apparently there's a tropical storm brewing in the Florida area.

Last edited by Luxray13579; July 20, 2012 at 10:21:05 AM.
Old July 20, 2012, 10:42:16 AM
Shaymin

It's a big mix of rain or sun here... I like it, I'm not a fan of lots of heat, nor am I a fan of massive time of rain. I can enjoy outdoor activities most days, where some days I can just relax inside and watch the rain come down... I love it~

Last edited by Fubab_107; July 20, 2012 at 10:42:39 AM. Reason: I said snow... wtf is wrong with me ...
Old July 20, 2012, 10:50:18 AM
Shaymin

I am either stuck in the pool or inside becaue the sun is too much for "fun".
Old July 20, 2012, 12:40:55 PM
Rayquaza

Do you guys use air conditioners in your houses, cars and stores, or not?
Old July 20, 2012, 12:54:42 PM

Quote:
Ugh, it's been super unusually hot in central Canada, and now I'm in North Dakota and it's even hotter here. And we're supposed to be going to Florida, so I think I'm going to die on this trip. Plus apparently there's a tropical storm brewing in the Florida area.
I keep up to date on tropical storm formation through http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ and there's nothing happening. Usually there's at least a forecast for possible storm formation, saying there's a 30% chance or whatever in a certain zone.
Old July 20, 2012, 12:56:55 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I technically just have a combo of fans and Icepacks to keep my room cool. It just depends whether it works or not.
Old July 20, 2012, 12:57:09 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Yep. I got an airconditioner almost everywhere in my life. Besides outside of course.
Old July 20, 2012, 01:00:10 PM
Giratina

Quote:
LOL. He are in a drought here in sunny Illinois. A lot of the farmers are having trouble with corn and beans because of it. The sprinkler rails shouldn't do all the watering. Do you guys have long periods of no clouds and HOT weather?
We can get those, yes. Near the end of winter/beginning of spring this year, it reached 90 degrees Fahrenheit then dropped down to the 40s in mid spring, so a lot of our crops died. Now it's just hot and we're in a drought with the occasional thunderstorm.
Old July 21, 2012, 01:45:36 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
I keep up to date on tropical storm formation through http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ and there's nothing happening. Usually there's at least a forecast for possible storm formation, saying there's a 30% chance or whatever in a certain zone.
Shows you what North Dakota knows about Florida. Anyway, you do live in Florida, right PRS? You should come to Busch Gardens with Mandy (Madny) and I!

Last edited by Luxray13579; July 21, 2012 at 03:11:36 PM.
Old July 21, 2012, 02:33:17 PM

Quote:
Shows you what North Dakota knows about Florida. Anyway, you do like in Florida, right PRS? You should come to Busch Gardens with Mandy (Madny) and I!
I live in California, which isn't exactly walking distance.
Old July 21, 2012, 03:13:21 PM
Shaymin

Oh. Well that's embarrassing! I could've sworn that you lived in Florida, but now that I think about it... Yeah, I did know it was Cali and not Florida. Oops. Erm... But you could still come to BG with us if you'd like!
Old July 21, 2012, 03:50:47 PM

Quote:
Oh. Well that's embarrassing! I could've sworn that you lived in Florida, but now that I think about it... Yeah, I did know it was Cali and not Florida. Oops. Erm... But you could still come to BG with us if you'd like!
Alright, I'll arrive via scooter. If I start now I might make the voyage in time.
Old July 21, 2012, 04:17:51 PM
Shaymin

Cool, can I ride your scooter once you get here? Tuesday morning is when we're meeting at Busch Gardens, be there or be square! Hope to see you there.
Old July 22, 2012, 04:03:02 AM
Kyurem

Looking at the last few posts, I've realized that VR posters are closer than I thought, in terms of actual physical distance. Or is it?
Old July 22, 2012, 04:49:13 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Looking at the last few posts, I've realized that VR posters are closer than I thought, in terms of actual physical distance. Or is it?
No, it is not. I still exist in here.

I did a practice SAT test few hours ago. I scored 1910. How good is that?
Old July 22, 2012, 01:08:16 PM

I'm going to a concert tonight to see KISS and Motley Crue live! I've been waiting my whole life to see KISS live, and now I am finally going to be able to. I'm so psyched. I probably won't have anything left of my voice come tomorrow from yelling and screaming so much.

Last edited by Cyrus; July 22, 2012 at 01:08:36 PM.
Old July 22, 2012, 02:42:10 PM
Charizard

I AM BACK!
Old July 23, 2012, 08:01:45 PM
Kyurem

I've actually never been to a concert, and I want to go to one.
I might go to the Camp Flog Gnaw tour on September 30 if I can get money and people to go with me. c';
Old July 23, 2012, 08:16:28 PM

Quote:
I was joking.
Old July 24, 2012, 03:11:26 AM
Shaymin

I actually can't wait until next week. I'll be going to a campsite and fishing. Man it'll be good to do something I've wanted to do for a long time after so long of not doing it.

Until then, I need to do job scouting. I recently left my job because the scheduling got to the point where it was really bad for me, and my manager bluntly told me, "Well either suck it up, or just quit." Second reason was the manager himself... He was.... Keeping it PG, a Huge Jerk. His attitude towards me was always negative, despite all my other co-workers knowing I was a good worker, he just always assumed I was crap. So yeah, I wasn't going to stay there... I actually stayed longer than I thought... Mainly because I didn't want to quit my job when events were coming where I needed money, so I stayed as long as I could. Though my parents say I have massive patience if I stayed there a whole year despite getting told I'm worthless by my manager everyday.

... I hope this doesn't spiral me down a hole I can't climb myself out of...
Old July 24, 2012, 04:41:09 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I actually can't wait until next week. I'll be going to a campsite and fishing. Man it'll be good to do something I've wanted to do for a long time after so long of not doing it.

Until then, I need to do job scouting. I recently left my job because the scheduling got to the point where it was really bad for me, and my manager bluntly told me, "Well either suck it up, or just quit." Second reason was the manager himself... He was.... Keeping it PG, a Huge Jerk. His attitude towards me was always negative, despite all my other co-workers knowing I was a good worker, he just always assumed I was crap. So yeah, I wasn't going to stay there... I actually stayed longer than I thought... Mainly because I didn't want to quit my job when events were coming where I needed money, so I stayed as long as I could. Though my parents say I have massive patience if I stayed there a whole year despite getting told I'm worthless by my manager everyday.

... I hope this doesn't spiral me down a hole I can't climb myself out of...
You shouldn't. Working in a place, where your manager doesn't respect you is awful, so losing such a job shouldn't put you down at all. At least, you have got some experience in working, and this can improve your chance next time you apply.
Old July 24, 2012, 05:12:20 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
You shouldn't. Working in a place, where your manager doesn't respect you is awful, so losing such a job shouldn't put you down at all. At least, you have got some experience in working, and this can improve your chance next time you apply.
It doesn't bum me out... I just wish my parents didn't hang it over my head that I need a job ASAP. Like, I'm supposed to have one now. They think I'm growing into a habit.... even though it was one job I've had for a year.
Their probably just concerned over me.
I'm more just waiting until after my little outdoor adventure before I start getting another job... Hey, I need some sort of vacation.
Old July 24, 2012, 06:55:32 AM
Kyurem

I think I'm grateful that working under a Singaporean student's pass is illegal.
Old July 24, 2012, 06:56:30 AM
Cyndaquil

My mother and I had a movie-night yesterday and we decided to watch Death Becomes Her, a personal favorite of ours.
Old July 24, 2012, 07:07:15 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togelover View Post
My mother and I had a movie-night yesterday and we decided to watch Death Becomes Her, a personal favorite of ours.
How did it go? It's been forever since the last time I went to the movies.
Old July 24, 2012, 07:56:46 AM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
How did it go?
Quite well, actually! We both had our fair share of laughter and we had just a generally good time
Old July 24, 2012, 08:26:17 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Swampert View Post
I AM BACK!
*goes into teacher mode*
Well maybe you could do your Spriting assignment?

*Goes back to Plaz*
Welcome!
Old July 24, 2012, 03:17:31 PM
Charizard

Quote:
*goes into teacher mode*
Well maybe you could do your Spriting assignment?!
Oh crap!! Yes, I will! Sorry...heh.

You guys remember me talking about the spider in my bathroom, Arakune? Well, when I left he only had 3 dead spiders under his web.

In 10 days he killed 7 more.
Old July 24, 2012, 06:41:27 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Oh crap!! Yes, I will! Sorry...heh.

You guys remember me talking about the spider in my bathroom, Arakune? Well, when I left he only had 3 dead spiders under his web.

In 10 days he killed 7 more.
Now I don't want to live in that house anymore. Spiders get me every time.
Old July 24, 2012, 08:03:54 PM
Giratina

That sounds like one deadly awesome spider. Which means deadly. That is not awesome. I'm terrified, now.
Old July 24, 2012, 08:45:54 PM
Rayquaza

Today, I had to open the office I work in really early. I had to wait for 2 more hours until the other employees arrived. I felt I was in a haunted building.
Old July 24, 2012, 09:40:11 PM
Kyurem

I think we're now sharing things that creep us out now, huh?
Old July 25, 2012, 07:44:22 AM
Cyndaquil

Still trying to complete the Hoenn Dex. I am at 161 out of 200 right now
Old July 25, 2012, 08:18:45 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Still trying to complete the Hoenn Dex. I am at 161 out of 200 right now
Dont need to list all... But is there like a general group of them you just don't have?
Old July 25, 2012, 08:21:17 AM
Charizard

Today my girlfriend had to get her wisdom teeth removed.

"No, it hurts so badly you can't even imagine and I threw up and there's so much blood. But worst it hurts so, so, so badly. And I feel faint. And weak.*And pain. Worse than I've ever felt."

I feel so badly for her and I'm doing everything I can to keep her calm and happy. :'C
Old July 25, 2012, 08:31:02 AM
Shaymin

Having wisdom teeth removed was the worst. >_<
I could barely do anything even 3 days after the operation...
I think I had it worse though because they also had to fix a sist I had under one of my teeth. Not to mention removing a couple of teeth that had yet to come out.
What?    
A sist is where it's just liquid supporting the tooth under the gum and not bone.

man I hated that....
Old July 25, 2012, 08:38:42 AM

Quote:
I think I had it worse though because they also had to fix a sist I had under one of my teeth. Not to mention removing a couple of teeth that had yet to come out.
What?    
A sist is where it's just liquid supporting the tooth under the gum and not bone.

man I hated that....
I didn't know removing wisdom teeth could be that painful....I currently have 1 wisdom tooth growing in my mouth, but I don't know if the dentist will want it removed. From what you said, I hope I don't have to get it taken out. :S
Old July 25, 2012, 08:41:04 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I didn't know removing wisdom teeth could be that painful....I currently have 1 wisdom tooth growing in my mouth, but I don't know if the dentist will want it removed. From what you said, I hope I don't have to get it taken out. :S
Well maybe it wasn't the wisdom tooth. I also had like... 6 other teeth pulled the same day so maybe just all that affected it...
Old July 25, 2012, 08:45:57 AM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Dont need to list all... But is there like a general group of them you just don't have?
Legendaries, the ones you can't catch in Emerald and some that needs to be evolved.
Old July 25, 2012, 09:03:01 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Legendaries, the ones you can't catch in Emerald and some that needs to be evolved.
Yeah, like with stone?
Old July 25, 2012, 09:48:17 AM
Landorus

Quote:
Today my girlfriend had to get her wisdom teeth removed.

"No, it hurts so badly you can't even imagine and I threw up and there's so much blood. But worst it hurts so, so, so badly. And I feel faint. And weak.*And pain. Worse than I've ever felt."

I feel so badly for her and I'm doing everything I can to keep her calm and happy. :'C
Ow.. I hope she feels better soon. I haven't had mine come in yet, and I don't think I will for quite a while yet, though most of the rest of my teeth came in early, so who knows. When they do come in, though, I'll be sure my Mom is taking me when I go to the dentist to have them looked at; she'd had hers pulled out, only to find out later that they would've come in straight if she'd left them in. She was not happy about that. I'm sure she'll make sure that I'll be left alone if they're coming in straight.
Old July 25, 2012, 09:58:53 AM
Kyurem

I've always wondered whether I have had any wisdom teeth at all.
Old July 25, 2012, 10:19:21 AM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Yeah, like with stone?
Nah, I have those under control, it's the Pokemon that evolve at 30+ I'm dealing with now.
Old July 25, 2012, 11:34:24 AM
Giratina

Quote:
What?    

man I hated that....
My mom told me I have 4 wisdom teeth that need to be removed.

Problem is she hasn't told me when they will be removed.
Old July 25, 2012, 01:30:07 PM
Volcarona

I still have all four of my wisdom teeth. When I was younger, I had four adult teeth removed for reasons that weren't explained to me all that well. So, my wisdom teeth grew in fine, with the exception of one that is a little crooked, but not so much as to be annoying.
Old July 25, 2012, 07:15:51 PM
Shaymin

Man I've been napping way too often now. I should really fix my sleeping schedule to break it... It feels un-natural to me...
Old July 25, 2012, 07:17:55 PM
Giratina

I don't even know what wisdom teeth are like at all. I hope it's not TOO painful...
Old July 25, 2012, 08:37:52 PM
Kyurem

I had my wisdom teeth taken out...two years ago, I think? I don't know why they wanted them out so bad, but I just went along with it, since I didn't really have a reason not to. I remember waking up from the anesthesia extremely groggy, so that's the first hurdle. It's hard to stay awake, and even harder to stay on your feet during the first half-hour after waking up. The pain in your mouth is more of a dull, persistent ache, until something touches the area where the wisdom tooth used to be, which makes eating incredibly difficult for the first week or so. As a result, you'll be reduced to nothing but fluids and yogurt-like substances. Oh, and you'll have to keep gauze pads in there for three or four days while the bleeding heals, and that's kind of annoying.
Old July 25, 2012, 11:39:43 PM
Giratina

Okay... well... that sounds horrifying. I don't really ever want to go through with that. I'm really scared that I might have bad Wisdom Teeth growing in right now...
Old July 26, 2012, 04:23:14 AM
Shaymin

Hm, that makes me wonder, are you guys afraid of the dentist? I love the dentist, but I have a phobia-like fear of doctors.
Anyways, I thought I'd point out that I met Mandy/Madny 2 days ago at Busch Gardens. We hung out for the day and it was awesome! Definitely a great first time meeting her IRL. She was shy at first, but my personality is the one that if I'm not feeling shy, I can easily get the other person comfortable. So we really hit it off! And look lots of pictures. Which are all over Facebook. Whoo.
Old July 26, 2012, 08:50:39 AM
Shaymin

I have had 3 teeth pulled all on different occasions. I was numbed for only 2 of the pullings, but they all hurt about equally. Good thing I wont have it happen again...
Old July 26, 2012, 09:05:58 AM
Volcarona

I was at the dentist fairly recently, and apparently some of my teeth are a couple of years late, and they're still growing in. I got a full x-ray so my dentist could see what the problem was. While we still haven't figured out why they're so late, we had an odd find. None of my wisdom teeth have started to form, so it's possible I'll never get them
Old July 26, 2012, 09:46:48 AM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokeMan View Post
I was at the dentist fairly recently, and apparently some of my teeth are a couple of years late, and they're still growing in. I got a full x-ray so my dentist could see what the problem was. While we still haven't figured out why they're so late, we had an odd find. None of my wisdom teeth have started to form, so it's possible I'll never get them
Some teeth just come in late for some people, just as they come early for others. One of my brother's teeth (one of the ones next to those very front two) didn't grow in for about a year and a half after he'd lost that one, and it seems like the same tooth on my youngest sister is doing the same. It could just be the same for you.

As for being afraid of the dentist, while I would get nervous before most visits, I was never really afraid; I almost liked going there at times.
Old July 26, 2012, 11:09:08 AM
Shaymin

That's awesome Lux. I kinda wish I could meet someone from here. It's boring where I live, nothing happens...
Old July 26, 2012, 12:24:45 PM
Charizard

My brother never pulled any of his child teeth like me and had to have 12 teeth pulled at once.
Old July 26, 2012, 04:37:00 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Okay... well... that sounds horrifying. I don't really ever want to go through with that. I'm really scared that I might have bad Wisdom Teeth growing in right now...
Unfortunately, wisdom teeth are a fairly common thing for humans. Most people do grow wisdom teeth. If you are going to get them removed, wait for as long as you safely can--teeth that have ruptured through the gum line are easier to remove than teeth that have not. If they're deep in the jaw, that's more tissue to have to cut through in order to remove the tooth.

The GOOD news about having wisdom teeth removed is that you are usually put to sleep for the surgery. Yeah, you have the unpleasant dull pain (so I've heard), but I've had adult teeth removed before, and I was not put to sleep for that. It was possibly the most traumatic thing I've ever gone through.
Old July 26, 2012, 05:46:16 PM
Floatzel

irrelevant-

my phone is a sarcastic device when it comes to wishes, it got lost; and i might lose the chance of claiming my Dsi AR with B/W hacks because of it... only until October i had to wait... Only until OCTOBER... and it hid itself.. FUUUuuuu-
Old July 26, 2012, 07:05:39 PM
Giratina

I just got back from vacation, it was so amazing.. The beach everyday, workouts, ohh the life~
Old July 28, 2012, 06:42:43 PM
Kyurem

So today I went to Disneyland again. It was cool, and, tbh, I never thought I'd have that much fun at a place like Disneyland. c:
Old July 29, 2012, 11:35:19 PM
Giratina

Otakon was really fun. Lots of things to do and see, many great cosplays, interesting cosplays, impossible and unexpected. Played a lot of Ikaruga and Sonic the Fighters, found a few new favorite games, and got some really cool things. I just LOVE it.
Old July 30, 2012, 06:01:34 AM
Floatzel

I beaten LucarioMario's high score in Jump Mario