Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 26, 2010, 03:02:37 PM
Volcarona

Default Ash, luckiest man in the pokemon world?! 0_o

I just want to say that Ash is pretty much the luckiest pokemon trainer to be in the pokemon region. Just think about it, he gets kissed by Melody (Pokemon 2000) and a latias (Pokemon Heroes), and he got a Pikachu barely from Profeesor Oak, AND SAW A SHINY HO-OH, got to see every legendary, gets chased by a trio who always fails againist him, save the world, anything pretty much. Do you think he's the luckiest man, why or why not? Ash litteraly has gone through everything....AND HAS THREE GIRLFRIENDS HE GOES ON A ADVENTURE WITH!....make that 4 with Isshu.
Old September 26, 2010, 03:05:07 PM
Administrator

I hate how he gets to live in a world inhabited by Pokémon and I don't.
Old September 26, 2010, 03:10:49 PM
Shaymin

Whoever said they were his girlfriends? Sure they're easily shippable, especially Misty, but they never say they're BF/GF(aside from Movie 2000).
Old September 26, 2010, 03:30:10 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Absolutly agree. I'm surprised he even meets the 3 starters in each region.

Last edited by Mario227; September 26, 2010 at 03:30:29 PM.
Old September 26, 2010, 03:30:32 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Whoever said they were his girlfriends? Sure they're easily shippable, especially Misty, but they never say they're BF/GF(aside from Movie 2000).
Screw logic. Ash is the universe's luckiest man and Brock is one of the UN-Luckiest. Seriously, he gets his heart broken in every episode and also goes through incredible physical pain as well.
Old September 26, 2010, 03:40:09 PM
Volcarona

But, he's also gotta be the stupidest. If you see all legendarys, including a shiny one, WHY DON'T YOU FREAKING CATCH THEM!?!
Old September 26, 2010, 03:54:27 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropius View Post
But, he's also gotta be the stupidest. If you see all legendarys, including a shiny one, WHY DON'T YOU FREAKING CATCH THEM!?!
Because he didn't have pokeballs within the first episode. Therefore, he couldn't catch them back in the first one. Although, Ash really doesn't "Catch em' all" anymore like we all remembered.
Old September 26, 2010, 05:21:33 PM
Shaymin

They're more friends than BF/GF, I agree with Jad.
Old September 26, 2010, 06:46:40 PM
Regigigas

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario227 View Post
Because he didn't have pokeballs within the first episode. Therefore, he couldn't catch them back in the first one. Although, Ash really doesn't "Catch em' all" anymore like we all remembered.
Well "Catch em' all" doesn't have to do with the legendary pokemon If I was Ash i'd say screw you Pikachu and Hello Jirachi! But look at this Ash ends up helping and being friends with the Lengendarys [For the most part] which makes him seem even stupider for not catching them because they like him.
Old September 28, 2010, 07:02:35 AM
Volcarona

I hate how he has eternal youth.
Old September 28, 2010, 01:09:25 PM
Giratina

Although the luckiest, he isn't the brightest.
Example: In the movie about Celebi, right after all the other Celebi's save it, why doesn't Ash catch one? I mean, there is only about 50 of them, and the events take a long time to wait for....
Old September 28, 2010, 01:11:29 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Although the luckiest, he isn't the brightest.
Example: In the movie about Celebi, right after all the other Celebi's save it, why doesn't Ash catch one? I mean, there is only about 50 of them, and the events take a long time to wait for....
"No! Ash! You can't do that! You'll create a time paradox!"
Old September 28, 2010, 01:26:39 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
"No! Ash! You can't do that! You'll create a time paradox!"
And it wasn't a time paradox when Professor Oak went to the future as a kid? Think about it...
A time paradox    
As you may already know, a Time Paradox is when two things in a time-line contradict each other.

When Professor Oak went to the future (still known as "Sam"), the only thing that changed was he never aged and was sometime in the future.

What would of really happened is this: Seeing as Oak never grew up, Ash never got his first Pokemon when he turned 11, nor would anybody else. The explanation of Pokemon in the Pokemon universe would have never been understood because Oak was never there to explain the universe of Pokemon.

The Time Paradox would be, Oak never growing up would cause Ash never to get his first Pokemon so he never went on an adventure. If that happened, Ash wouldn't have gotten as far as he did in said adventure. In fact, Oak would've only been a small child in the time Celebi took him to.

Seeing as this happened, Team Rocket may not have gone after Celebi in the first place (due to the Butterfly Effect, or changing one thing in the past will drastically alter the future), so Oak would've been stuck as a little kid and the world would be off balance until Celebi decided to go take Sam back to where he was supposed to be in the time line.

That might not have been the place for it, but Ash could have caught Celebi and it wouldn't have changed the Pokemon universe (because the Pokemon universe doesn't work like ours).
Old September 29, 2010, 06:09:33 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemA View Post
I hate how he has eternal youth.
^ this.

Moreover, he gets to be the protagonist of a shonen series aimed at children that is merchandise based. He'll get to have adventures forever and nothing bad will ever happen to him outside of losing the occasional battle, which has no negative effects to him at all.
Old September 30, 2010, 08:48:12 AM
Haxorus

And being turned into stone by Mew/Mewtwo, or course.
Old September 30, 2010, 01:03:08 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshizard View Post
And being turned into stone by Mew/Mewtwo, or course.
In other words, he died by trying to stop a fight... not going to make any bad comments (although, I could easily do that...).
Old September 30, 2010, 07:13:48 PM
Regigigas

Hmmmm. Ash travels the land, helping strangers. He's come into contact with god. He has died to absolve sins. He has no known father.

Ash is Pokemon Jesus.
Old September 30, 2010, 09:07:25 PM
Volcarona

I don't envy him. His eternal youth has frozen him as a child, and I'd prefer to be older, than to have to be looked down upon eternally, as I pointlessly wander the world, due to my own uncomprehending of the world.
Old September 30, 2010, 10:00:23 PM

Haha, Ash's life is 50 times more interesting than mine is.
Old September 30, 2010, 10:03:44 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
Haha, Ash's life is 50 times more interesting than mine is.
Lol, the same can be said about anybody living in his universe.

I bet a hotel room cleaner in the Pokemon world has more interesting lives than us =/
Old October 1, 2010, 02:07:40 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
Hmmmm. Ash travels the land, helping strangers. He's come into contact with god. He has died to absolve sins. He has no known father.

Ash is Pokemon Jesus.
Nahh, that would be Pokemon Trainer Red! He is way cooler than Ash (in my opinion...)
Old October 8, 2010, 03:51:47 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
*sigh* I know what you mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post

Ash is Pokemon Jesus.

I remember reading somewhere that someone though Ash was Arceus' son due to the meeting every legendary.
Old October 8, 2010, 11:09:26 PM
Regigigas

Ash should have a goatee by now but look whos still 10............
Old December 14, 2010, 11:04:12 PM
Zoroark

I don't really like how Ash is so lucky myself, but I kind of get why realistically. What it comes down to is Ash is us in the games going on the same journeys as us with a twist or two in the actual story. Really, when it comes down to it, we're suppose to see ourselves in Ash whenever he beats a gym leader or meets a legendary or whatever.

...Or he's the son of Arceus. That works too.
Old December 28, 2010, 09:16:05 AM
Mudkip

Doesn't that happen to pretty much every main character in every fictional story?
Old December 29, 2010, 01:26:44 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
I don't envy him. His eternal youth has frozen him as a child, and I'd prefer to be older, than to have to be looked down upon eternally, as I pointlessly wander the world, due to my own uncomprehending of the world.
Would you really, though? I mean, when I was 10, I thought I was awesome and that everyone loved me, and I'm sure a lot of other people thought the same of themselves when they were 10. 10 year olds are old enough to understand some of what's going on around them, but young enough to still possess that childlike wonder, entertained by drawing, or even really bad jokes. 10 year olds don't care about what they miss out on because they don't understand it. Those are the sort of things that make me wonder if I'm honestly happier now than I was 4 years ago. But this post makes me seem kinda depressed XD. I'm not, I've got a pretty good life right now, but I often wonder if I'd rather be my current age or 10.
Old May 14, 2011, 04:22:57 AM
Mudkip

the main character is almost always the luckiest. seems like every chick in the anime
is drawn to the main charater i'd give any number of pokemon for that power

Last edited by McMasters; May 14, 2011 at 04:23:23 AM.
Old August 4, 2011, 02:55:56 AM
Mudkip

Where Ash has luck, Brock has none. xD
Old August 30, 2011, 05:24:29 AM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario227 View Post
I just want to say that Ash is pretty much the luckiest pokemon trainer to be in the pokemon region. Just think about it, he gets kissed by Melody (Pokemon 2000) and a latias (Pokemon Heroes), and he got a Pikachu barely from Profeesor Oak, AND SAW A SHINY HO-OH, got to see every legendary, gets chased by a trio who always fails againist him, save the world, anything pretty much. Do you think he's the luckiest man, why or why not? Ash litteraly has gone through everything....AND HAS THREE GIRLFRIENDS HE GOES ON A ADVENTURE WITH!....make that 4 with Isshu.
A little coverage there in earlier posts, but yeah, you forgot he died how many times and still came back somehow someway.

This is why I jokingly believe Pikachu must be Ash's horcrux.[/harrypotter]

As for the child of Arceus thing, let's hope he doesn't become a born again Arcean and go on an adventure walking up to houses and trying to convert people to such a Sinnohian religion.