Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 14, 2012, 04:44:14 PM
Administrator

Default Cat's Music

I'm surprised I never made a remix thread!

I think I'll slowly reintroduce some of my older remixes through this thread over time.

Guess I'll start out with this one I just made today.

Littleroot Synth (MP3)
Littleroot Synth (WAV)
Old October 14, 2012, 05:11:43 PM
Giratina

For your first post, I think you've started out smooth. It sounds like a calming little Genesis-esque tune. I can totally imagine Sonic bobbing his head to this. I've never been a fan of Gen III, but its music was some of my favorite in the whole series, and this is up there with them.
Old October 14, 2012, 05:21:10 PM
Administrator

I know Turt wants me to show off the Ho-Oh Battle. I honestly don't think I did very good of a job, as it was one of my first attempts at SynthFont, and the guitar is a bit of a mess. Regardless,

Ho-Oh Battle (MP3)
Ho-Oh Battle (WAV)
Ho-Oh Battle (MIDI)

(Again, this is a repost and not a new one. Listen to the one in the first post if you haven't already!)

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 14, 2012 at 07:14:58 PM.
Old October 14, 2012, 06:27:43 PM
Giratina

Aw come on, I looooove this one~ It's like, my favorite one done by you! I can still remember the day we almost used it for a thing we were doing at... some afterschool talent show type thing my first year here. I wish I could go back in time and destroy that CD before he found it... Anywho, even though some parts could be louder than others, it still has that nice traditional feel to it, and that new instrument for the melody makes it sound even better~ Mmm mmm good~
Old October 14, 2012, 07:36:51 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post

I think I'll slowly reintroduce some of my older remixes through this thread over time.

Littleroot Synth (MP3)
Littleroot Synth (WAV)
Alrighty, you finally made moar musics! Needs to happen more often... *cough*ThisDayAria~*cough* Anyways on to the song commenting I go! It's a pretty lovely piece, rather nostalgic of course as we all remember this tune. I like the synth instruments you used, what program or hardware (such as your keyboard) did you use for this one? Though I feel the arp/scale synth pluck instrument that comes in around 0:18 that sounds like a harp was too.... "wide" sounding compared to the lead instruments. That or it's just simply too prominent I felt like. Maybe something with a softer sound would be better, but it still needs that nice attack like any pluck. As the tittle suggests, this is a synth-only song. But I couldn't help but feel the lack of even a simple synth percussion left it sounding empty. Of course, the original lacks percussion but I was never a fan of it for that reason. That could just be a personal opinion, but oh well. Overall though, this is still a nice piece you made, Fuzzles! There is no clipping so that's a plus as well. Not only that, but the Equalization is in good shape as well. You can hear all the instruments like we should, especially dat bass. There is panning so that keeps things from sounding "stuffed-up" in Mono, no one likes Mono. Keep it up, Fuzzles~

Last edited by LugiaDialga; October 14, 2012 at 07:43:04 PM.
Old October 14, 2012, 07:41:42 PM
Administrator

I used SynthFont and a generic old Yamaha SoundFont. I think the MIDI was a rip. I know one of the lead instruments is a bit too loud, though. I think the panning is the one thing I've always had a little trouble with.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 14, 2012 at 07:47:28 PM.
Old October 14, 2012, 07:49:41 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
I used SynthFont and a generic old Yamaha SoundFont. I think the MIDI was a rip. I know one of the lead instruments is a bit too loud, though. I think the panning is the one thing I've always had a little trouble with.
You just need an ear for making sure things sound balanced on both sides. Practice makes perfect! If your program has any way of viewing the sound in a visualizer to show how much sound is on either side of the Stereo, than that would be something I highly advise you trying out or paying attention to. I've only recently gotten decent at panning stuff, so it will come to you soon enough!
Old October 14, 2012, 07:55:02 PM
Administrator

It does have two volume meters (one for each speaker) and lets you know when it clips. Only problem is adjusting individual pans isn't as straightforward as it should be.
Old October 15, 2012, 08:48:33 AM

Quote:

Littleroot Synth (MP3)
Littleroot Synth (WAV)
First, I love the harp you used in the middle of the song; it makes the remix sound calming. I'm not a remix expert, so I probably won't be able to provide a lot of good suggestions. The only thing I can think of adding is a little percussion here and there, but not too much. Otherwise, it still sounds pretty smooth 8.5/10
Old October 15, 2012, 09:03:34 AM
Kyurem

I think I could probably make myself sleep with that remix... and that's a good thing! Cat, maybe you should try doing random remixes... I think you're good. I loved how that town sounded in the first place.
Old January 8, 2013, 04:11:56 AM
Administrator

Well, the big announcement wasn't Gen III remakes; instead, it was the release of Gen VI. Just in case, I had prepared a special, quick remix of the Gym Leader theme from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. It's not that great, and some instruments are a little out of tune, but hey, it wasn't going to get used otherwise.

RS Gym Leader Remix (MP3)
RS Gym Leader Remix (WAV)

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 8, 2013 at 04:26:33 AM.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:57:26 PM
Administrator

Now time for something I don't believe I ever released. It's called "Hawaiian Surf" and it's a remake of one of my original compositions I created for the Pokémon Prism hack. Again, this song is completely original and not a remix of someone else's song. I've attached both the MIDI file and an MP3 recording.

Hope you folks enjoy it.
Attached Files
File Type: mid SURF-HI.MID (25.7 KB, 552 views)
File Type: mp3 Hawaiian Surf.mp3 (4.73 MB, 651 views)
Old March 11, 2013, 10:36:26 PM
Volcarona

I've listened to a few of your musical projects, and I think they're pretty good. The looping is fine, there's a nice variety of instruments, and you take it casual - meaning it's very simple. I think that maybe at this point you should continue to work on your panning skills (which as far as I know at this point are pretty good), perhaps add more depth to your music, and maybe improve the percussion and the bassline a tad bit. Other than that, I think you're doing just fine. Just push a little harder to improve more!

Last edited by GalliumGrant; March 11, 2013 at 10:36:38 PM.
Old March 12, 2013, 03:45:05 AM

I definitely hear Prism's surf theme in there. The instruments used were fitting, I only suggest that you use a bit more percussion. I'll try to find a way to make this my alarm tone when I wake up in the morning.
Old April 19, 2013, 08:51:29 PM
Administrator

Here's another older one of mine. This remix was actually a complete accident. After obtaining a few MIDI rips from Pokémon Platinum back in 2008, I cleaned them up and threw together some recordings of them in a few minutes. The interesting thing about this particular one is that it went viral and even was featured in a fan hack of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's also one of my highest-rated remixes. The rest of the recordings (thankfully) were buried and quickly forgotten.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Distortion_World.mp3 (4.26 MB, 619 views)
Old April 20, 2013, 10:32:13 AM
Magikarp

Good remixes, i didn´t know that you do remixes, continue doing it
Old April 20, 2013, 06:21:13 PM

Sounds cool I guess, but I've never been a big fan of the Distortion World theme.
Old August 26, 2013, 10:42:35 AM
Administrator

Who here likes Mario Paint Composer?

I've got two new videos. One is the newly-revealed Pokémon X/Y Trainer Battle. (DO NOT LISTEN TO IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.) The other is a birthday present for Reuniclus, Two Days Ago from Animal Crossing.
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 Two Days Ago Paint.mp4 (3.82 MB, 594 views)
File Type: mp4 XY Trainer Battle Paint.mp4 (4.24 MB, 570 views)
Old March 5, 2015, 06:33:22 PM
Administrator

I had a bit of fun with that old keyboard that I obtained recently. I personally think Poker Face is the best of the three.
Attached Files
File Type: wav Poker Face.wav (2.06 MB, 540 views)
File Type: wav Keyboard Cat.wav (968.8 KB, 544 views)
File Type: wav She Wolf.wav (1.33 MB, 544 views)
Old December 24, 2015, 05:29:57 PM
Administrator

Wow, it's been quite some time since I last made one of these! Merry Christmas, everyone, and I'd like to present the Christmas classic, "Up on the Housetop," rendered in Mario Paint Composer.
Attached Files
File Type: wmv Up on the Housetop Paint.wmv (6.43 MB, 507 views)