Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Minecraft

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 12, 2011, 09:18:59 AM
Keldeo

Default Dragons on Minecraft?

Quote:
notch Markus Persson
The End now kind of sort of works in multiplayer, yay! Tomorrow, I make the ender dragon work in MP.
Quote:
notch Markus Persson
The dragon phases through terrain, and is 100% invulnerable now. Now to make it more difficult.. Hmm..
Quote:
notch Markus Persson
My design guidelines for the dragon: If I can beat at all, it's too easy.
Personally I was looking on Notch's Twitter.
you can look too, well apart from his tweeting to his fans too. http://twitter.com/#!/notch

Last edited by JC; October 12, 2011 at 09:19:41 AM.
Old October 12, 2011, 11:22:20 AM
Zoroark

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Dragon
Old October 12, 2011, 12:01:17 PM
Giratina

I definitely think they should have a dragon in say every 1/100 strongholds. And maybe you could even dig it a hole to the surface so it could get out, if you wanted to. But yeah, dragons are cool, it's about time Minecraft got a crazy mob like this.
Old October 12, 2011, 01:15:01 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
I definitely think they should have a dragon in say every 1/100 strongholds. And maybe you could even dig it a hole to the surface so it could get out, if you wanted to. But yeah, dragons are cool, it's about time Minecraft got a crazy mob like this.
I don't particularly want an Ender Dragon in the overworld, considering they rip through terrain like nobody's business:

Red Dragons, on the other hand, I think should spawn somewhat similarly to King Slimes in Terraria - Random and rare, some distance away from your spawn.

It's good to see something rather challenging in Minecraft for once - Yes, it can be tricky at times, but I've been playing this hardcore world for two weeks now and I'm yet to fail. These will probably make for some good group-fights on servers, with five people going in with merely their fists... Again, like bosses in Terraria ('Cept a bit harder to hit)
Old October 12, 2011, 01:24:19 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I don't particularly want an Ender Dragon in the overworld, considering they rip through terrain like nobody's business
Oh, I wasn't talking about Enderdragons, those are for the Ender Realm only man.

But yeah the whole concept of the dragon as a "boss" that requires a group fight should be really interesting.
Old October 12, 2011, 02:49:55 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I don't particularly want an Ender Dragon in the overworld, considering they rip through terrain like nobody's business
Dragons, apparently the king of griefers in Minecraft, that is if they got on the overworld haha.

But in all seriousness here, I for one am absolutely stoked about Dragons coming to Minecraft! We know how to deal with your growling Zombies, exploding Creepers, jumping Spiders, rattling Skeletons and the creepy Enderman, how about something soo large and gigantic that it'll throw a whole new type of challenge for players? I think if it ends up being in some new "realm" of sorts for these "Ender" species, that would be pretty nice... especially if there are some nice goodies there for exchange of defeating something that can kill you with a few swipes of his claws. I cannot wait to see what Notch does with this new (and rather adorable) beastie, if it'll be a "boss" or just some super-duper rare menace.

Last edited by LugiaDialga; October 12, 2011 at 02:51:26 PM.
Old October 14, 2011, 07:36:57 AM
Zoroark

found out on minecraft wiki enderdragon will spawn in
the end
look at this for info on the end http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/The_End
i know its unfished but...

Last edited by Dead4life; October 14, 2011 at 07:40:50 AM.