Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favorite generation?
First (Red,Blue,Green,Yellow) 8 17.02%
Second (Gold,Silver,Crystal) 12 25.53%
Third (Riby,Sapphire,Firered,Leafgreen,Emerald) 17 36.17%
Fourth (Diamond,Pearl,Platinum,Heartgold,Soulsilver) 15 31.91%
Fifth (Black,White) 11 23.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old August 21, 2011, 09:09:38 AM
Zoroark

Default Favorite Gen.

Which of the 5 generations is your favorite in terms of overall?
Personally, my favorite is the first generation because nothing can beat the originals and that generation had the best pokémon of all. And also, it had GARY FRIKIN OAK!
Old August 21, 2011, 09:11:43 AM
Landorus

I think their might be another thread exactly like this.
Old August 21, 2011, 09:13:33 AM
Zoroark

Oh really? I don't really care though, but can you vote please?
Old August 21, 2011, 09:19:38 AM
Landorus

Okay. Well lets see. I Liked the Unova region because of abundant pokemon, beautiful scenery but it was a Big oval :/

Now Hoenn, was adventure. Getting through a tunnel was puure adventure.

Sinnoh looked like Dialga's head. Srsly. But like in the hoenn Region, going though Victory Road was pure fun.

...You need an All button.

EDIT: WHERE IS MAI ALL BUTTON?!

Last edited by 7dewott8; August 21, 2011 at 01:56:35 PM.
Old August 21, 2011, 01:34:38 PM
Kyurem

I would have to say the Hoenn region. Ah the classics.
Old August 21, 2011, 02:01:29 PM

Im stuck between Unova and Hoenn, but Im gonna go with the Unova region.
Old August 21, 2011, 02:06:24 PM
Kyurem

Johto has and will always be my favorite Gen. Hoenn is my second favorite, and Unova third.
Sinnoh and Kanto... l have no interest in them. l never really played the Kanto gens, and l just dislike Sinnoh as a whole.
Old August 21, 2011, 08:09:50 PM
Mudkip

Gen 2 is my favorite generation, followed by Gen 3 and then Gen 1.
Old August 22, 2011, 11:22:09 AM
Kyurem

I like them all, but the old red/blue/yellow games got boring unless you had the 64 stadium game to use them on.
Old August 22, 2011, 11:31:24 AM
Volcarona

Hoenn was the best... Until Isaw the stories could not intertwine with B/W. So I chose Gen. V, because it can be counted as a fresh re-boot (for the main story at least) and the new Pokemon are fun, namely the ones made by CEO of Pokemon USA.
Old August 23, 2011, 03:49:33 PM
Zoroark

I wonder why no one has voted Kanto yet. Kanto was the best, you can't deny it. Magikarp is better than Zekrom or Lucario
Old August 23, 2011, 03:53:43 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
I wonder why no one has voted Kanto yet. Kanto was the best, you can't deny it. Magikarp is better than Zekrom or Lucario
Bisharp Is better than all of every pokemon combiened. Samuri ninja FTW.
Old August 23, 2011, 03:54:51 PM
Kyurem

Most of the voters here may have not played the Kanto era games though due to them being either too young, or not being interested in Pokemon during the times of R/B/Y.

Last edited by Shiny; August 23, 2011 at 03:55:03 PM.
Old August 23, 2011, 05:55:12 PM
Linoone

With emulators and ROMS so easily available online, I find it hard to imagine that so many Pokemon fans haven't played the originals, despite their age. Then again, I guess looking at the crappy 8-bit sprites is too difficult for all but the most dedicated fans and those who grew up with them.
Old August 25, 2011, 03:05:35 PM
Zoroark

Dewott, you can say "all" if you would like. I can't edit the poll so if you like all of them equally then jsut say you like all of them
Old August 25, 2011, 05:04:32 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark! View Post
With emulators and ROMS so easily available online, I find it hard to imagine that so many Pokemon fans haven't played the originals, despite their age. Then again, I guess looking at the crappy 8-bit sprites is too difficult for all but the most dedicated fans and those who grew up with them.
l love the older sprites due to them looking horrid.
They just seem so much cooler.
Old August 29, 2011, 03:24:37 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
l love the older sprites due to them looking horrid.
They just seem so much cooler.
Amen, bro. Considering I DIDN'T grow up with Pokemon, 8-bit blew me to bits. (That was bad, sorry...)

Last edited by Firo; August 29, 2011 at 03:24:59 PM. Reason: spell fail
Old August 30, 2011, 02:34:28 PM
Joltik

Talking

Third genration probably because emerald was the first game i played and Hoehn and Kanto are my favorite regions because of the deepness of their storylines and the dificulty of their gym leaders
Old August 31, 2011, 04:47:30 PM
Volcarona

I like all Generations, but I chose the fourth Generation because Pearl is the first Pokemon game I played (Not counting spin-off games).
Old September 1, 2011, 03:39:59 PM
Zoroark

Yeah me too except I played Diaminnd first I feel so young.
Old September 2, 2011, 02:13:27 PM
Charizard

IDK, all of them. Probably the first one, since Red was the first PKMN game I played.
Old September 2, 2011, 06:56:13 PM
Cyndaquil

Definitely Hoenn. I love all the towns, as well as the gym leaders. And of course the Pokemon. I don't really think I have a Pokemon which I dislike in the R/S/E generation.

...but then again it may be because I started with Hoenn. :B
Old September 2, 2011, 08:16:23 PM
Volcarona

One of my favorite regions is Johto. Not only did it have some of the best Pokemon, but it had lots of scenery. The Gym Leaders were cool there too.

Kanto for me is one of the best regions all around, even if it is a little plain in comparison with the other regions nowadays.

Hoenn was kinda boring and I could never get into it, but it was the first Generation of Pokemon I grew up with. The sporty feel of the region never stuck with me though.

Sinnoh at first I thought had some damn strange Pokemon, but now looking at the somewhat unlikeable pandemonium Unova, Sinnoh wasn't so bad. There were tonnes of places to explore, tonnes of legendary Pokemon to catch and the adventure never got boring. I'd say Gamefreak really hit it on the mark here. Oh yes, and this region has snow.

Unova is a mess. The only structure represented here is a giant hexagon which staples your journey into a restricted area. The music was both bad because it didn't sound true to the series, but good because I love techno. The Pokemon here didn't have a solid structure. Most of them were random at best and some of them were kinda tacky and retarded. That's right, Munna Motha****er! Good news though, some of the legendary Pokemon actually do seem cool. I also do like some of the new characters. They're different, but a so-so change of pace, however. Basically, this probably would be the official "WTF" region of Pokemon. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I LOVE it, sometimes I don't like it. I can never decide.

1. Johto\ Sinnoh
2. Kanto
3. Unova
4. Hoenn

EDIT: Oh yeah; 8 - Bit blows your face off! >=D

Last edited by GalliumGrant; September 2, 2011 at 08:20:02 PM.
Old September 28, 2011, 05:16:06 PM
Cyndaquil

Gen 3 is my favorite, because Emerald was the second game I played on my GBA, after Silver.
Old September 29, 2011, 12:39:01 PM
Charizard

I love all of them and have played all of them, though I can't help but think that Gen I and II were behind me tchnologically, as I started with Gen III. Then I hated IV, and love V. So probably III, but... I like V.
Old October 2, 2011, 09:55:01 AM
Mudkip

I liked them all, but mainly Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova.

Kanto was an original, a classic... that's where it all started. Cerulean Cave was so fun to get through to find Mewtwo, and Kanto's only event-Pokemon was Mew (although you could get it from a glitch shown on floatzel.net , I believe)
That's what made me like Pokemon Yellow even more. It was more challenging for me, but many things improved which made me enjoy the game. The music was meh in my opinion, though, but that's just because this is the first generation. I didn't really have a favorite starter, but Squirtle seems awesome enough.

Johto was so amazing. You can actually travel to Kanto, and it gives much more replay value due to the extra Gym Leaders and battling Red. My Pokemon Crystal cartridge had ~100 hours on it, and I've probably replayed the game about 17 times. My friend has played Pokemon Crystal even longer than that... for the maximum amount of time. Then he restarted and did it over again. I'm not exaggerating on these. The music improved so much... I still love the Pokemon GSC: VS. Kanto Trainer theme. I don't like HGSS's version as much though because they ruined some part of it that made me like the theme. My favorite starters were Cyndaquil and Chikorita (strange since I usually like water types), and my favorite Pokemon there were Lugia and Celebi.

Hoenn is where the graphics improved a lot. The music improved a little, but the Pokemon introduced were amazing. The only problem is that this is where a lot of event-Pokemon started appearing. The starter Pokemon I liked the most... I can't really decide. I chose Treecko for an easy way to win/Leaf Blade, Torchic for difficulty, and Mudkip because of Muddy Water. My favorite Pokemon there was Jirachi, hehe.

Sinnoh... amazing music, some good Pokemon, and the rest was okay. My favorite starter was Piplup since I like Water types and penguins. I also liked Dialga and Mesprit. The main reason why I love Sinnoh is because of the music. I love good music.

Unova; I'm in the town where the second Gym Leader is, but I love the game already. Oshawott's definitely my favorite starter (I just love Water types and Oshawott reminds me of Piplup), and they introduced tons of Pokemon (although a lot were unoriginal, in my opinion). The music was just as good as Sinnoh, if not better. Because I've played Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, I thought up something interesting; a Shadow Genesect. My favorite Pokemon here was Emolga, and my BW friends keep saying that the Rare Pokemon theme is Audino's theme.

Anyway, that's about all of my opinions.
Old October 3, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
Cyndaquil

I love them all personally. Sinnoh especially because it has my 2nd fav pokemon in it,
Old October 19, 2011, 11:40:23 AM
Charizard

I answered already in the other thread, but I don't want to just copy/paste my answer nor do I want to re-type another answer.
So I'm just going to say Sinnoh, and if you want to know why, read what I wrote in the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dewott8 View Post
EDIT: WHERE IS MAI ALL BUTTON?!
The poll actually allows you to check every box.
Old October 21, 2011, 01:50:24 AM
Kyurem

My favourite generation... Well, it'll have to be the current gen, (which is Gen V), followed closely by Gen III and then by Gen IV, again a close one. I think I just love new things, but the feeling with Gen III with my GBA... I can't miss it.
Old November 10, 2011, 06:24:08 PM
Giratina

While I have a secret addiction to Fire Red (which hasn't been satisfied recently), I didn't quite enjoy Sapphire as much as Fire Red. I do have my childhood memories connected to Blue version, so I have to go with Gen. 1
Old November 12, 2011, 02:19:35 PM
Charizard

My most favorite generation is the second (Related-seasons Anime, Related-Chapters Manga,Pokemons and games) and then the third gen
Old November 12, 2011, 02:29:07 PM
Shaymin

EVERYONE TELLS ME THAT 3RD GEN SUCKS!!!! But when I look at this it had the most votes.
Old November 12, 2011, 02:54:09 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
EVERYONE TELLS ME THAT 3RD GEN SUCKS!!!! But when I look at this it had the most votes.
I like Fire Red a lot, but half of Sapphire taking place in the water made me unprepared for Victory Road, so 3rd gen is iffy for me.
Old April 1, 2012, 10:35:50 PM
Giratina

I have to rep my starting region, Sinnoh of Gen IV. Not only did I start out in it, the graphics were great, touch screen brought a great addition to the game in Plat and HG, and I just loved the Galactic storyline.
Old April 2, 2012, 11:16:01 AM
Kyurem

i like all the gens. Hoenn though did have way to many water areas and way to much water pokemon you had to fight in battles. But everything was ok (Lack of rematches without vs-seeker)
Old April 2, 2012, 11:23:08 AM
Rayquaza

Guys remember to keep in mind we're not afraid to hand out infractions to anyone who is willing to break our rules about comparing which generation is better then the other!

Generation IV is my favorite, Platinum gave us a lot of variety for useful pokemon along with it being a huge region to be explored and it was a lot harder then DP.
HGSS was a good step up from the original GS but I still think it should have been a lot better like being more of a challenge and less underleveled gym leaders, trainers and wild pokemon.
Old April 2, 2012, 11:25:10 AM
Kyurem

I wasnt saying what region was better???
Old April 9, 2012, 10:19:23 AM
Rayquaza

I voted with Gen IV. It was the generation that pulled me back to Pokémon after leaving it for six years. I loved it so much at that time, and till now, I still remember how excited I was, playing Platinum and HeartGold. I enjoyed both more than White, to be honest.
Old April 12, 2012, 06:10:43 AM
Haxorus

Hmm.
I hate water and water pokemon except my Kickash red gyarados.
Sorry Hoenn. Hoenn's a close third though because it has May
I'll have to say either Sinnoh or Kanto. Probably Kanto because Pokemon SoulSilver , out of every single Pokemon game I've played(all the handheld ones not any console ones) I enjoyed SS the most.
Plus it had GB Sounds.
GB Sounds, people! Do you know how long it was before you last heard that music?
And the Pokemon! You could catch anything! I actually had my dream team (minus the shininess on 'Tales) in that game.

Sinnoh, second because graphics were mind sploding, and it's the first Dex I ever finished. I actually had a smile for weeks because of that. And the backstory was engrossing as well.

Hoenn isn't third because I dislike it, oh no. It's third because FREAKIN' SURF Grinding on stupid tentacruels and pelippers for fifty kajillion years! Rawr! But it had good Pokemon. And May.

The only region I dislike, will never play, and won't follow the anime for is Unova.
Old July 20, 2012, 06:07:40 PM
Zoroark

My opnion has since changed since I started this thread. My favorite now is Hoenn. It was colorful, it had unique pokemon, I've played the games so many times, and I can't pic between any of the starters. Kanto is classic, and I have lots of favorites from that gen, but it wasn't the BEST. Okay honestly I don't have much of a thing for Johto. I know I'm a rare case, but it had lots of baby pokemon and other pokemon that were useless but it did have some of the best legendaries and had some cool pokemon such as Scizor and Tyranitar. Unova is actually pretty good. The designs are more complex, making pokemon sound more like what they really are; pocket MONSTERS. There were many cool looking designs and some poor designs but every gen has that. They've thrown so many curve balls in the 5th gen such as making direct sequels with new stories instead of an updated game with some new stuff thrown in. Sinnoh was decent, but it is my least favorite gen. It had some cool evolutions to older pokemon, but it probably had more evolutions/pre-evolutions to older pokemon than the other gens .(I could be wrong, just a guess.) In DIamond and Pearl, the battles were so slow but thank god they fixed it in Platinum.
Old July 21, 2012, 05:54:02 PM
Shaymin

Generation 2 is my pick. I think it's mostly for the reason that in that in the generations after, it's a whole case of you saving the region, where as in Kanto and Johto, it's more just the default pokemon adventure. Another is probably because most of my favorites are from Generation 2.
Old July 29, 2012, 07:57:06 AM
Floatzel

Whaaaaaat!? 1st gen only 18%?
Old August 5, 2012, 08:12:01 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepachu View Post
Whaaaaaat!? 1st gen only 18%?
I was expecting that number to be a little bit higher...I do appreciate this incredible diversity, however. Maybe people had more than one favorite Generation and couldn't pick between them, so they chose all five instead.

My favorite would have to be the Monochrome Generation (Gen.5). In recent memory, I've familiarized myself with the Unova region quite a lot, which doesn't say that I favor every Pokémon from that generation over all the others, but about 8 or 9 of them in total. Those who've read my posts so far should know that my favorite Pokémon comes from this generation.

Least Favorite: Hoenn (Gen.3). Too much water. I grew up watching the 4Kids-dubbed anime of all things to do with this franchise's influence on me. Looking back, I regret too much and would also like to forget I ever watched but one recent episode of it at all. The anime is okay, but I think it might be on a downhill spiral.
Old August 5, 2012, 08:34:23 PM
Regigigas

I just love gen 3 even now I grow even fonder for it