Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 3, 2011, 04:49:33 PM
Zoroark

Default Two Remakes in Gen V?

So do you think they're gonna make 2 remakes of Kanto and Hoenn in this generation? The reason why I say Kanto is because there are quite a lot of refrences to generation 1 in the animé and in the games. There are some for Hoenn, but I think either that or they'll just stuff Kanto in somewhere in the RSE remakes. Here are the Kanto hints:
-In the animé, Ash gets all 3 starters like he did in Kanto
-Ash's Tepg has nearly the same backstory as Charmander did
-Ash is rotating his pokémon around and catching more than 6 pokémon
-Ash is travling with 2 gym leaders just like in Kanto
Now as for the games
-In the main story quest you encounter all new pokémon and it feels like Red/Green,/Blue and the creators even said that you were supossed to feel that
-Some of the pokémon in this generation are based off of original ones I.E TImburr family= Machop family
-It is hard to get the kanto pokémon in this game

So what do you think? Share your opinion and discuss below! I always love to hear your opinions no homo.
Old September 3, 2011, 06:23:24 PM
Mudkip

Hmm possibly they might make 2 remakes this gen. But they might stick to the 1 remake per gen but it might be different.
Old September 3, 2011, 06:26:39 PM
Haxorus

wait if they do that, does that mean no new pkmn for one more year than normal?
Old September 3, 2011, 06:41:23 PM
Zoroark

Yes,I guess, if there will be 2 remakes then this is the schedule:
2012- RSE remakes for Japan, nothing for the US
2013- Gray/Grey version for Japan, RSE remakes for US
2014- Yellow remake for Japan, Gray/Grey and Yellow remake for US ( just like FRLG being released the same year as Japan)
2015- 6th gen for Japan, nothing for US
2016- 6th gen for US, nothing for Japan
So that means in 2014 we could get some 6th gen pokémon revealed but the games would be announced the following year. IMO, I hope that this is the last generation ever of pokémon due to the bad designs and ideas of this one.

Last edited by Plusleplusminun; September 3, 2011 at 06:44:50 PM.
Old September 4, 2011, 03:13:39 AM
Rayquaza

I highly doubt it. Just because this generation is a new fresh beginning doesn't mean it is hint of a Kanto remake. Moreover, Kanto has already been included in HG/SS and it will take a lot of time for it to appear yet again. In fact, the remake of Hoenn is doubted so far since all the legends of Hoenn have already been provided through Platinum and HG/SS along with the starters too. It is enough to dream about a R/S/E remake for the time being.
Old September 4, 2011, 06:38:42 AM
Zoroark

Yeah, but that was last generatin. And this has happened before
In generation 3, you could get all the Johto legends except Celebi
In Generation 4, they remade gen 2 and you could get all the hoenn legends, and you could get the bird trio in Plantinum but you could also get them in HGSS. You could get Mewtwo and Mew in HGSS.
In this gen, you haven't YET been able to actually obtain any Kanto,Johto,hoenn,or Sinnoh legendaries yet and in every gen they restart the availbility.
Old September 4, 2011, 07:29:11 AM
Charizard

Personally, I would rather have a reboot rather than a remake, I would like to go to Kanto in an entirely new story.
Old September 4, 2011, 07:31:15 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
Yeah, but that was last generatin. And this has happened before
In generation 3, you could get all the Johto legends except Celebi
In Generation 4, they remade gen 2 and you could get all the hoenn legends, and you could get the bird trio in Plantinum but you could also get them in HGSS. You could get Mewtwo and Mew in HGSS.
In this gen, you haven't YET been able to actually obtain any Kanto,Johto,hoenn,or Sinnoh legendaries yet and in every gen they restart the availbility.
It is just too quick to bring Kanto back when it was shown again just before B/W. Such reckless release of a remake could be harshly criticized, something Game Freak tries to avoid. Plus the fans won't be that interested that they already played in Kanto and saw it recently, which would bring less sales than expected. A Gen III remake is more sensible, as there is a demand for it in the first place.
Old September 4, 2011, 07:44:55 AM
Giratina

A remake for Kanto is almost completely out of the question in my opinion due to the region's very recent integration into HG/SS. However, it seems safe enough to assume that the third title after B/W (if any) will include some/all of the legendaries from previous generations, similar to Platinum.
Old September 4, 2011, 09:11:23 AM
Zoroark

I would play through Kanto anyday because Kanto has the best characters and pokémon of all but I kinda doubt they'll make a Yellow remake.
If they aren't then here's the schedule for this gen:
2012- RSE remakes for Japan, Nothing for US
2013-Gray/Grey version for Japan, RSE remakes for US
2014- 6th gen for Japan, Gray/Grey for US
Old September 4, 2011, 12:49:31 PM
Kyurem

It's more likely that they'll wait a fair bit before re-remaking Red & Green, however I'm guessing we'll see them on in the 3DS Virtual Console soon.

It's possible, if not likely, that they could go the extra mile with this and somehow enable trading or whatever with the more recent games even. However, I have some doubts that a framework exists for such a thing in the Virtual Console (then again, if Gamefreak asked, Nintendo might be willing to deliver...)
Old September 5, 2011, 04:00:48 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I would play through Kanto anyday because Kanto has the best characters and pokémon of all but I kinda doubt they'll make a Yellow remake.
If they aren't then here's the schedule for this gen:
2012- RSE remakes for Japan, Nothing for US
2013-Gray/Grey version for Japan, RSE remakes for US
2014- 6th gen for Japan, Gray/Grey for US
Unless they use the same plan as the last generation, and release the third title before the remake; Platinum was released before HG/SS. Plus, you are forgetting more games, like Mystery Dungeon titles and Ranger titles. These games are still demanded and can be used for extra sales and to extend the life of the current generation. It doesn't seem wise to start a new generation in 2014, as there are more games that they can still sell.
Old September 5, 2011, 06:37:02 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Unless they use the same plan as the last generation, and release the third title before the remake; Platinum was released before HG/SS. Plus, you are forgetting more games, like Mystery Dungeon titles and Ranger titles. These games are still demanded and can be used for extra sales and to extend the life of the current generation. It doesn't seem wise to start a new generation in 2014, as there are more games that they can still sell.
I was only including the main sereis games.
Old September 5, 2011, 09:56:44 PM
Pikachu

I don't know about anyone else, but if they really wanted to remake Kanto in the form of a YELLOW remake that had all the bells and whistles(more anime tie ins, areas and cutscenes that illustrated actual episodes of season one) ,then I would kill for that game.

Hell they could pull what they did to Kris, on Red and make him officially ASH(seriously, Blue IS Gary so making Red look even less like Ash in LG and FR was kind of stupid, especially after yellow tried to make Red, Ash)to make Yellow an actual accurate representation of Season One, maybe starting another tradition of remaking the third game in a generation to look like the actual anime it is representing.
Old September 6, 2011, 04:21:20 PM
Cyndaquil

2 remakes would be actually kinda awesome but they might stick to 1 remake per generation.
Old September 7, 2011, 02:41:36 PM
Volcarona

Didn't I already tell you doing so would cause a time paradox?

Quote:
They would be sequels like how HGSS was 3 years (or generations) after RBY, then the RSE remakes would fit perfectly for next year. I just sense them coming next year and Grey should be the last game on this gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firo View Post
That would mean FR/LG takes place at a different time than R/B/G/Y.
Old September 7, 2011, 05:24:09 PM
Kyurem

When you think about it this could actually happen, if not in this generation then in the next generation. You see, a similar thing happened with the Super Mario series, where SMB1 - 3 were remade into Super Mario All-Stars, which was later ported to the Wii. Plus, the latest DSes don't have a GBA slot, and game quality is already getting up to Wii/PS2 standards (where FR/LG were released when they had SNES standards).
Old September 12, 2011, 04:55:19 PM
Cyndaquil

.......Well anyway I doubt 2 remakes in one generation would happen.
Old September 13, 2011, 10:31:16 AM
Zoroark

Yeah I doubt it. I would want to see a yellow remake, but I don't think they're making them. More people want RSE remakes and I want those more so IO think they'll make those. And firo, I don't care about the timeline.
Old October 19, 2011, 11:43:20 AM
Charizard

I never understood why people think references = remakes.
Old October 21, 2011, 01:26:56 AM
Kyurem

I think RSE remakes will come first, perhaps due to demand or it's because it's what supposed to happen anyway. Whether it comes before the third version to BW or after is up to chance. As for RBY/FRLG? I don't see that coming, to be honest - it's much better integrated in HGSS. If they do do that anyway, though, I'd be overjoyed.