Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 5, 2010, 06:48:25 PM
Celebi

Default I need help creating a team for a friend!

I desperately need help creating a team for my best friend! He is a BIG competitive battler like me, so I wanted to make him a awesome team for his birthday but I cant seem to make a good one suitable for him. He is an allout attaker and rarely uses a defensive strategy and I was wondering if anyone here could help me create him one.
Old September 6, 2010, 10:43:40 AM
Servine

ok tell me some pokemons i m the best pokemon trainer in my complex and my part of the city i live in
Old September 6, 2010, 10:45:01 AM
Kyurem

The whole point of a thread like this is that you come up with something vaguely resembling a team and we can help secure details or fine-tune it. No one is going to MAKE you a team. You are going to need to come up with some Pokemon (it doesn't even have to be a full team of 6; 4 or 5 is fine as long as you know what the other two/one roll/s should be but don't have a particular Pokemon in mind.) that we can actually help review. I'll give you 24 hours to at least add some Pokemon, or this is going to get locked.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; September 6, 2010 at 10:45:37 AM.
Old September 6, 2010, 04:20:46 PM
Volcarona

Well, for starters, I'd figure out specific pokemon that he likes, and then figure out a strategy using those. Since he likes purely offensive moves, I'd imagine something with choice scarf could make a nice lead for him. My choice flygon rarely fails me in comp battles. The rest of his team could probably use a decent choice bander, as well as something to set up with offensively, namely using swords dance or dragon dance. Though the worst thing you could do, would be to train a team, and have it turn out he hates 4/6 of the pokemon you trained for him. I will suggest a team though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
The whole point of a thread like this is that you come up with something vaguely resembling a team and we can help secure details or fine-tune it. No one is going to MAKE you a team. You are going to need to come up with some Pokemon (it doesn't even have to be a full team of 6; 4 or 5 is fine as long as you know what the other two/one roll/s should be but don't have a particular Pokemon in mind.) that we can actually help review. I'll give you 24 hours to at least add some Pokemon, or this is going to get locked.
I will make him a team, and then review the team I made for him as if he made it himself.

Dragonite@Choice Band
Adamant, EV- 252 Atk 112 speed 144 HP
Extreme Speed
Outrage
Earth Quake
Super Power

An interesting lead I came up with after seeing the idea on smogon, and modifying it. The EVs are a bit strange, as its speed EVs attempt to let it go first against a wall of similar speed, or at least give it the advantage, while still adding to its bulk. Maximizing attack allows you to own anything that you do manage to hit, as extremespeed will take care of anything frail, especially weaviles who try to 1HKO you, and fail without ice shard that is. It is meant to be switched out ASAP, as counters are not rare. Outrage allows massive damage, as does super power and earthquake.

Magnezone@Berry-To-Lower-Super-Effective-Fighting(or Fire)-Attacks
Timid/Modest; 252 Speed 252 Sp.Attack 4 HP
*Magnet pull
Hidden Power Fighting
Thunderwave
Magnet Rise
Thunderbolt

Steel Killer. One of the only things magnezone can really do well is trap and kill steel types. And magnezone's best way to do this, is by using a fighting type move on them, or, if its skarmory, by using thunderbolt. Thunderwave is a good option to paralyze them, and magnet rise prevents the inevitable earthquake from a revenge killer, or the likes.

Tyrantitar@Chesto Berry
Jolly;EVs- 252 Attack 100 HP 156 Speed
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Rest
Aerial Ace

Tyrantitar is perhaps one of the cheapest pokemon, bearing massive attack, and defensive stats, only to combine the above with sand stream for a devastating effect. This set focuses on Rest and the chesto berry, allowing it an easy set up while outraging to sweep after. The 100 HP EVs allow it to take a hit, or many hits, while leaving sandstorm in play for future rock and steel types.

Bronzong@Light Clay
Sassy Nature- 252 HP 252 Attack 4 Def
Levitate
Light Screen
Reflect
Gyro Ball
Explosion

Depending on what you happen to be fighting, or whether it bares taunt, Gyro Ball can come in handy. Bronzong balances out the teams weakness to fighting, and adds to its defenses quite a bit, for a wall, bronzong for setup is short and sweet, allowing the sandstorm to do its work for a few turns, or simply exploding on itself and going on to whatever needs the defenses buffed a bit.

Kabutops@Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature;252 Speed 252 Attack 4 HP/SpDef
Swift Swim
Rapid Swim
Night Slash
Natural Gift
Aerial Ace/Sandstorm

The main thing that would ruin this team, is the use of a move such of rain dance, to defeat tyrantitar, and half of the team. If however, this went through, then a pokemon such as Kabutops, could come in and really make a fool of them using a move such as Natural gift, which here becomes a base power'd 80 grass type attack, which would obliviate almost any and all competeting water types. If it activates, well, 1 stage of attack isn't bad at all. Rapid spin allows the mandatoral removal of a certain spikes, toxic spikes, and stealth rock. Aerial Ace takes down grass types, and Sandstorm gets rid of rain dance.

Porygon Z@Choice Specs
Timid 252 Sp.Atk 252 Speed
Adaptability
Hidden Power Fire/Fighting
Hyper Beam
Psychic
Trick

Though almost a pure sweeper, this Porygon focuses on Choice specs to either hyperbeam them into oblivion, or trick them into whatever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A good team, I'd say, but I must say that it does have strong weakness to hail teams, as well as a lack of special types to use. Taunt may end badly for tyrantitar, and such.

Last edited by Serenade; September 6, 2010 at 07:13:45 PM.
Old September 6, 2010, 06:55:35 PM
Celebi

Thanks a bunch Serenade! You must be a mind reader or something because my friend loves all of those pokemon! There are a few places where I think you messed up on creating the team. 1: Tyranitar EVs are listed as, 252 HP, 100 HP, and 156 Speed, you have HP EVS listed twice and I suppose you ment for the 252 EVs to be in Attack. 2: As for Kabutops and Porygon Z, you forgot the remaning 4 EVs on them so I a just going to put them in HP, which is propably what you intended it to be but you just forgot. Again thanks alot Serenade, I'm sure my friend will love his new team!
Old September 6, 2010, 07:09:03 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post
Thanks a bunch Serenade! You must be a mind reader or something because my friend loves all of those pokemon! There are a few places where I think you messed up on creating the team. 1: Tyranitar EVs are listed as, 252 HP, 100 HP, and 156 Speed, you have HP EVS listed twice and I suppose you ment for the 252 EVs to be in Attack. 2: As for Kabutops and Porygon Z, you forgot the remaning 4 EVs on them so I a just going to put them in HP, which is propably what you intended it to be but you just forgot. Again thanks alot Serenade, I'm sure my friend will love his new team!
You got my mistakes right lol, I type things wrong a LOT actually, I think I might have memory issues or something. And I was in a bit of a rush towards the end of it, so that could have something to do with it.

Anyways, this goes to show, that giving people your idea of what they're looking for is better than simply saying that they need to be more specific, or whatever, and definitely is better than threatening to lock or locking the thread, right Ala/Spirit?

Last edited by Serenade; September 6, 2010 at 07:14:46 PM.
Old September 7, 2010, 11:33:15 AM
Celebi

LOL, again thanks!